independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 21st Sep 2019 4:26am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Gillette airs anti toxi masculinity ad, assholic men respond by crying like little girls.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 01/24/19 10:56am

jaawwnn

avatar

Conservative or not, I tune out the moment anyone starts lecturing people on what a "real man" is. Yeah I can talk to an attractive woman, I don't start calling people who lack a bit of confidence a "bitch" though rolleyes

You're supposed to grow out of that shit when you're about 19

[Edited 1/24/19 10:57am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 01/24/19 11:26am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

jaawwnn said:

Conservative or not, I tune out the moment anyone starts lecturing people on what a "real man" is. Yeah I can talk to an attractive woman, I don't start calling people who lack a bit of confidence a "bitch" though rolleyes

You're supposed to grow out of that shit when you're about 19

[Edited 1/24/19 10:57am]

Exactly. Figures - videos like that are waste of time.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 01/24/19 2:33pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Sure, he's over the top. But he's not wrong. And I have trouble believing that his language is really that offensive to anyone here. I see much harsher language in this forum every day.

He's got a good point. It's asinine to promote the idea that it's a bad thing for a man to approach a woman that he's attracted to. That's what he's pushing back on.

Ross Perot was right!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 01/24/19 2:46pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

benni said:

Speaking as a survivor, I completely appreciate what they have done. I heard the "boys will be boys" as an excuse. I was blamed for the actions of a man (as a child). Our government won't do anything about it, so maybe the advertising of brands geared towards men, can.



Perfectly said. Agreed.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 01/24/19 5:14pm

PennyPurple

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

Sure, he's over the top. But he's not wrong. And I have trouble believing that his language is really that offensive to anyone here. I see much harsher language in this forum every day.

He's got a good point. It's asinine to promote the idea that it's a bad thing for a man to approach a woman that he's attracted to. That's what he's pushing back on.

As a woman, why do we have to be subjected to having men come up to us, just because they find us attractive? It doesn't mean we find them attractive.


Us gals should be able to go out with our friends without having every Tom, Dick, & Harry coming up to us...just leave us the F alone. smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 01/24/19 6:42pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

PennyPurple said:

djThunderfunk said:

Sure, he's over the top. But he's not wrong. And I have trouble believing that his language is really that offensive to anyone here. I see much harsher language in this forum every day.

He's got a good point. It's asinine to promote the idea that it's a bad thing for a man to approach a woman that he's attracted to. That's what he's pushing back on.

As a woman, why do we have to be subjected to having men come up to us, just because they find us attractive? It doesn't mean we find them attractive.


Us gals should be able to go out with our friends without having every Tom, Dick, & Harry coming up to us...just leave us the F alone. smile


If you reject a guy and he keeps coming, fuck him, he's being aggressive.

You seem to be rejecting the idea of a man being attracted to a woman and approaching her at all.

Ross Perot was right!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 01/24/19 6:53pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

Once they build the sex robots it will place a monetary value on women. On relationships in general.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 01/24/19 10:20pm

maplenpg

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Once they build the sex robots it will place a monetary value on women. On relationships in general.

Your rubbish that you spout gets more bizarre. What happened to a man and a woman (or substitute any other relationships) being together because they find each other mutally interesting, because they care about each other, because they admire each other? Sex is much better when you add the aforementioned things. If a robot is enough to completely satisfy a man, then it would say more about him than women.
If you're going to refer to people as 'scum' or 'garbage vomit', at least have a reason to do so.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 01/25/19 1:22am

jaawwnn

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

Sure, he's over the top. But he's not wrong. And I have trouble believing that his language is really that offensive to anyone here. I see much harsher language in this forum every day.

He's got a good point. It's asinine to promote the idea that it's a bad thing for a man to approach a woman that he's attracted to. That's what he's pushing back on.

If his point is it would be nice if everyone had no confidence issues then yeah sure he's right.

He's just talking about getting laid though, fine by me, but he's somehow against Tinder or anything where the loudest guy in the room isn't automatically on top. He obfuscates it with some fear of technology stuff but my bet is its because less outwardly confident men are getting women out of it and he's not happy he doesn't get to wave his dick around in public talking about how alpha he is.

[Edited 1/25/19 1:43am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 01/25/19 4:24am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Once they build the sex robots it will place a monetary value on women. On relationships in general.

but they already do... some people defend porn and prostitution but get all mad at other things... we have people saying "if you ware a hat you are asking to be assaulted..." weird how the same doesn't go for mini-skirts or fishnets.

If "Assault" rifles are banned... COPS first! If they want to TRY to take them from the PEOPLE they should set the example!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 01/25/19 4:30am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Two issues I have with the ad... and I like it...but I am not sure they go far enough at distinguishing between 'toxic' and normal 'masculinity.' There are many examples of this... we see it all the time... But we also see when people simply ignore the distinctions and say "see they hate all...."


Also: where is the body shaming? I think mocking a person based on looks (and yes I have not been perfect) is just as bad as catcalls and all that mess. And that seems to be missing from this ad...

If "Assault" rifles are banned... COPS first! If they want to TRY to take them from the PEOPLE they should set the example!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 01/25/19 6:49am

djThunderfunk

avatar

jaawwnn said:

djThunderfunk said:

Sure, he's over the top. But he's not wrong. And I have trouble believing that his language is really that offensive to anyone here. I see much harsher language in this forum every day.

He's got a good point. It's asinine to promote the idea that it's a bad thing for a man to approach a woman that he's attracted to. That's what he's pushing back on.

If his point is it would be nice if everyone had no confidence issues then yeah sure he's right.

He's just talking about getting laid though, fine by me, but he's somehow against Tinder or anything where the loudest guy in the room isn't automatically on top. He obfuscates it with some fear of technology stuff but my bet is its because less outwardly confident men are getting women out of it and he's not happy he doesn't get to wave his dick around in public talking about how alpha he is.

[Edited 1/25/19 1:43am]


THAT's what you got out of that? Really?!

He's not "just talking about getting laid". He's pushing back against the idea promoted in the video that it's a bad thing for a man to approach a woman he's attracted to. He's arguing that having the confidence to approach a woman is an essential element to being a man. He makes the case that without this ability none of us would exist.

There's no reason to think that his objection to Tinder has anything to do with a fear of technology. This guy is a very successful youtuber and handles social media technology just fine. As a species, why would we give up the ability to confidently approach someone in real life and replace it with an app? That's just asinine.

I sincerely hope that any woman that thinks it is a bad thing for a man to approach a woman he is attracted to, is never approached by a man again. Have fun at the Sadie Hawkins' Dance. wink

Ross Perot was right!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 01/25/19 9:04am

PennyPurple

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

jaawwnn said:

If his point is it would be nice if everyone had no confidence issues then yeah sure he's right.

He's just talking about getting laid though, fine by me, but he's somehow against Tinder or anything where the loudest guy in the room isn't automatically on top. He obfuscates it with some fear of technology stuff but my bet is its because less outwardly confident men are getting women out of it and he's not happy he doesn't get to wave his dick around in public talking about how alpha he is.

[Edited 1/25/19 1:43am]


THAT's what you got out of that? Really?!

He's not "just talking about getting laid". He's pushing back against the idea promoted in the video that it's a bad thing for a man to approach a woman he's attracted to. He's arguing that having the confidence to approach a woman is an essential element to being a man. He makes the case that without this ability none of us would exist.

There's no reason to think that his objection to Tinder has anything to do with a fear of technology. This guy is a very successful youtuber and handles social media technology just fine. As a species, why would we give up the ability to confidently approach someone in real life and replace it with an app? That's just asinine.

I sincerely hope that any woman that thinks it is a bad thing for a man to approach a woman he is attracted to, is never approached by a man again. Have fun at the Sadie Hawkins' Dance. wink

Again some women get tired of being harassed by men who think they are attractive. Just because a man or men think a woman is attractive doesn't give them the right to approach the woman. Some women don't want to be approached, and just because a man finds them attractive doesn't mean they have to put up with it. It's not a man's right to invade her space.



  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 01/25/19 12:28pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

PennyPurple said:

djThunderfunk said:


THAT's what you got out of that? Really?!

He's not "just talking about getting laid". He's pushing back against the idea promoted in the video that it's a bad thing for a man to approach a woman he's attracted to. He's arguing that having the confidence to approach a woman is an essential element to being a man. He makes the case that without this ability none of us would exist.

There's no reason to think that his objection to Tinder has anything to do with a fear of technology. This guy is a very successful youtuber and handles social media technology just fine. As a species, why would we give up the ability to confidently approach someone in real life and replace it with an app? That's just asinine.

I sincerely hope that any woman that thinks it is a bad thing for a man to approach a woman he is attracted to, is never approached by a man again. Have fun at the Sadie Hawkins' Dance. wink

Again some women get tired of being harassed by men who think they are attractive. Just because a man or men think a woman is attractive doesn't give them the right to approach the woman. Some women don't want to be approached, and just because a man finds them attractive doesn't mean they have to put up with it. It's not a man's right to invade her space.




nod There is a thing called "mutual attraction" that many men have trouble understanding.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 01/25/19 12:35pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

PennyPurple said:

djThunderfunk said:


THAT's what you got out of that? Really?!

He's not "just talking about getting laid". He's pushing back against the idea promoted in the video that it's a bad thing for a man to approach a woman he's attracted to. He's arguing that having the confidence to approach a woman is an essential element to being a man. He makes the case that without this ability none of us would exist.

There's no reason to think that his objection to Tinder has anything to do with a fear of technology. This guy is a very successful youtuber and handles social media technology just fine. As a species, why would we give up the ability to confidently approach someone in real life and replace it with an app? That's just asinine.

I sincerely hope that any woman that thinks it is a bad thing for a man to approach a woman he is attracted to, is never approached by a man again. Have fun at the Sadie Hawkins' Dance. wink

Again some women get tired of being harassed by men who think they are attractive. Just because a man or men think a woman is attractive doesn't give them the right to approach the woman. Some women don't want to be approached, and just because a man finds them attractive doesn't mean they have to put up with it. It's not a man's right to invade her space.




If he doesn't buzz off when told to, I get it.

But this idea that a man should not even try to talk to a woman is nonsense.

You say "It's not a man's right to invade her space", well, it's not a woman's right to go out in public and have nobody talk to her.


Ross Perot was right!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 01/25/19 12:40pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

PennyPurple said:

Again some women get tired of being harassed by men who think they are attractive. Just because a man or men think a woman is attractive doesn't give them the right to approach the woman. Some women don't want to be approached, and just because a man finds them attractive doesn't mean they have to put up with it. It's not a man's right to invade her space.




nod There is a thing called "mutual attraction" that many men have trouble understanding.


lol Most people find out they're "mutually attracted" when they communicate with each other.

If a man approaches you with unwanted advances, reject him. If he won't let up, he's being aggressive. Deal with that instead of promoting the idea that he shouldn't even try.

I'm remembering all the stories where an older couple tells how they met and the woman talks about how many times he tried, she kept turning him down, finally gave him a chance, and they lived happily ever after.

No more of that I guess.

In the future we'll all have the same "how did you meet" story: Tinder.


Ross Perot was right!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 01/25/19 12:53pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar





pout





spit

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 01/25/19 1:17pm

PennyPurple

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

PennyPurple said:

Again some women get tired of being harassed by men who think they are attractive. Just because a man or men think a woman is attractive doesn't give them the right to approach the woman. Some women don't want to be approached, and just because a man finds them attractive doesn't mean they have to put up with it. It's not a man's right to invade her space.




If he doesn't buzz off when told to, I get it.

But this idea that a man should not even try to talk to a woman is nonsense.

You say "It's not a man's right to invade her space", well, it's not a woman's right to go out in public and have nobody talk to her.


WTH is this BS? eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 01/25/19 1:28pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

PennyPurple said:

djThunderfunk said:


If he doesn't buzz off when told to, I get it.

But this idea that a man should not even try to talk to a woman is nonsense.

You say "It's not a man's right to invade her space", well, it's not a woman's right to go out in public and have nobody talk to her.


WTH is this BS? eek


Nobody, man or woman, has the right to not be talked to in public.

Ross Perot was right!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 01/25/19 1:32pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

PennyPurple said:

djThunderfunk said:


If he doesn't buzz off when told to, I get it.

But this idea that a man should not even try to talk to a woman is nonsense.

You say "It's not a man's right to invade her space", well, it's not a woman's right to go out in public and have nobody talk to her.


WTH is this BS? eek


Fake news. lol

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 01/25/19 1:46pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Please do explain this "right" you imagine, to go out in public and have nobody allowed to talk to you.

I must have missed that day in Junior High Civics class. lol

Ross Perot was right!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 01/25/19 1:54pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

hah!

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 01/25/19 2:03pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

You got nothin', huh? Yeah, that's what I thought. razz

Ross Perot was right!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 01/25/19 2:25pm

PennyPurple

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

PennyPurple said:

WTH is this BS? eek


Fake news. lol

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 01/25/19 2:29pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

When you can't back up your BS... wink

Ross Perot was right!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 01/25/19 2:31pm

PennyPurple

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

When you can't back up your BS... wink

A man does not demand me to do anything. I will not comply when you demand it. neutral

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 01/25/19 2:36pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

PennyPurple said:

djThunderfunk said:

When you can't back up your BS... wink

A man does not demand me to do anything. I will not comply when you demand it. neutral


"Demand" falloff OMG do you even know how to read, or is it a comprehension thing.

I said "please do" and you misinterpreted that as a "demand"?!? lol lol lol


No. You don't have a "right" to go out in public and not be spoken to. Nobody does. And nobody should.
If your argument is emojis and mischaracterization of my comments, I'll take that as you don't have an argument for your nonsense.




[Edited 1/25/19 15:03pm]

Ross Perot was right!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 01/25/19 4:43pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

Everyone has the freedom and right to go out in public and not acknowledge another person, even those who find them attractive. If you are not being acknowledged, then mind your own business and move along... llama

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 01/25/19 4:53pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

Everyone has the freedom and right to go out in public and not acknowledge another person, even those who find them attractive. If you are not being acknowledged, then mind your own business and move along... llama

even a kid in a MAGA hat?

If "Assault" rifles are banned... COPS first! If they want to TRY to take them from the PEOPLE they should set the example!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 01/25/19 4:56pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

PennyPurple said:

djThunderfunk said:

When you can't back up your BS... wink

A man does not demand me to do anything. I will not comply when you demand it. neutral


headbang

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Gillette airs anti toxi masculinity ad, assholic men respond by crying like little girls.