independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 25th Aug 2019 9:21am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > The idiot shuts down the government, for Christmas!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 9 of 24 « First<5678910111213>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #240 posted 01/11/19 9:45am

poppys

SuperFurryAnimal said:

poppys said:


But U don't have an answer for these 2 Questions, do U???

1) If Republicans consider the $5 billion wall such a necessity in the year 2019, why didn't they pass the bill when they controlled both Houses of Congress?

2) Why couldn't the president get his own party to fund the wall when it was in complete control in 2017 and 2018?



Hint - Congressional Republicans don't want to be responsible for that shit.


Inaccurate. Much wall was budgeted for then and more should be budgeted for now. Don't be fooled there is a Wall in places and it is part of border security. Border security is in place. I may have to go to the border and start to protect my country, my God given Constitutional right.


Inaccurate. The Republicans could have funded ALL of it - IF they wanted to. Just like they funded trillion dollar tax cuts for the 1%.


"I may have to go to the border and start to protect my country, my God given Constitutional right."

lol You go do that Furry! God given Constitutional right? LOL. I'm not religious so you are barking up the wrong tree with that nonsense here.


[Edited 1/11/19 9:53am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #241 posted 01/11/19 9:49am

RodeoSchro

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

RodeoSchro said:



QUESTION, since you brought up religion.

Donald Trump professes to be a Christian (ha! Yeah, right!). Yet when his daughter repudiated Jesus Christ as her personal savior and abandonded Christianity for Judaism, thus condemning herself to an eternity in Hell, he applauded that move.

EXPLAIN.

I don't care if he is trully a Satanist. As long as he fights the government inflitrated by special interest.



So you put Man before God. Hmmm. We will have to agree to disagree on that, but at least now I know where you're coming from.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #242 posted 01/11/19 9:51am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

poppys said:



SuperFurryAnimal said:


poppys said:



But U don't have an answer for these 2 Questions, do U???




1) If Republicans consider the $5 billion wall such a necessity in the year 2019, why didn't they pass the bill when they controlled both Houses of Congress?

2) Why couldn't the president get his own party to fund the wall when it was in complete control in 2017 and 2018?




Hint - Congressional Republicans don't want to be responsible for that shit.




Inaccurate. Much wall was budgeted for then and more should be budgeted for now. Don't be fooled there is a Wall in places and it is part of border security. Border security is in place. I may have to go to the border and start to protect my country, my God given Constitutional right.



Inaccurate. The Republicans could have funded ALL of it - IF they wanted to. Just like they funded trillion dollar tax cuts for the 1%. No problem.




Both sides agree we need border security. More politics as usual. It's laughable fighting over better border security. Clinton foundation gets Payday for Uranium deal made by Obama all fucking well and good. Do something for the actual tax papers and they can get the stupid people to fight it.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #243 posted 01/11/19 9:53am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

RodeoSchro said:



SuperFurryAnimal said:


RodeoSchro said:




QUESTION, since you brought up religion.

Donald Trump professes to be a Christian (ha! Yeah, right!). Yet when his daughter repudiated Jesus Christ as her personal savior and abandonded Christianity for Judaism, thus condemning herself to an eternity in Hell, he applauded that move.

EXPLAIN.



I don't care if he is trully a Satanist. As long as he fights the government inflitrated by special interest.



So you put Man before God. Hmmm. We will have to agree to disagree on that, but at least now I know where you're coming from.



True the entire religion thing is all for show. Bullshit for Trump but same with Obama, Bush, Clinton's. Actually thank God we don't have a religious freak in office. Religion to me is a mute point. Now what we don't need is Osteen kind in office.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #244 posted 01/11/19 9:57am

poppys

SuperFurryAnimal said:

poppys said:


Inaccurate. The Republicans could have funded ALL of it - IF they wanted to. Just like they funded trillion dollar tax cuts for the 1%. No problem.


Both sides agree we need border security. More politics as usual. It's laughable fighting over better border security. Clinton foundation gets Payday for Uranium deal made by Obama all fucking well and good. Do something for the actual tax papers and they can get the stupid people to fight it.


The fight is not over Border Security. As you just said the Dems funded that.

It's over THE WALL - something the Republicans would not fund - PAY ATTENTION.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #245 posted 01/11/19 10:05am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

poppys said:



SuperFurryAnimal said:


poppys said:



Inaccurate. The Republicans could have funded ALL of it - IF they wanted to. Just like they funded trillion dollar tax cuts for the 1%. No problem.




Both sides agree we need border security. More politics as usual. It's laughable fighting over better border security. Clinton foundation gets Payday for Uranium deal made by Obama all fucking well and good. Do something for the actual tax papers and they can get the stupid people to fight it.


The fight is not over Border Security. As you just said the Dems funded that.

It's over THE WALL - something the Republicans would not fund - PAY ATTENTION.



In which any Democrat will point out further flaws in the system. Best reasoning to not fix a problem is to point out other flawed system. Drugs come to America by mail. Hence no reason to stop the drugs coming by opened border. Democrats solution is to keep things broken but handout billions to outsiders.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #246 posted 01/11/19 10:09am

RodeoSchro

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

RodeoSchro said:



So you put Man before God. Hmmm. We will have to agree to disagree on that, but at least now I know where you're coming from.

True the entire religion thing is all for show. Bullshit for Trump but same with Obama, Bush, Clinton's. Actually thank God we don't have a religious freak in office. Religion to me is a mute point. Now what we don't need is Osteen kind in office.



Why are you thanking God for something when you've subjugated Him to Man? I find that offensive. If you aren't worhsipping Him, you should not be using His name. You appear to be in great conflict.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #247 posted 01/11/19 10:26am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

RodeoSchro said: True the entire religion thing is all for show. Bullshit for Trump but same with Obama, Bush, Clinton's. Actually thank God we don't have a religious freak in office. Religion to me is a mute point. Now what we don't need is Osteen kind in office.



Why are you thanking God for something when you've subjugated Him to Man? I find that offensive. If you aren't worhsipping Him, you should not be using His name. You appear to be in great conflict.

I would believe God would think lowly of many Religions and Televangelists. I can separate God from religion, I can separate politics from religion. God and religion are not one and the same.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #248 posted 01/11/19 10:33am

RodeoSchro

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

RodeoSchro said:



Why are you thanking God for something when you've subjugated Him to Man? I find that offensive. If you aren't worhsipping Him, you should not be using His name. You appear to be in great conflict.

I would believe God would think lowly of many Religions and Televangelists. I can separate God from religion, I can separate politics from religion. God and religion are not one and the same.



That is not what you said when you posted that you didn't care if Trump was a Satanist. Your words. Bad words, too. You have some thinking to do.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #249 posted 01/11/19 11:06am

poppys

SuperFurryAnimal said:

poppys said:


The fight is not over Border Security. As you just said the Dems funded that.

It's over THE WALL - something the Republicans would not fund - PAY ATTENTION.


In which any Democrat will point out further flaws in the system. Best reasoning to not fix a problem is to point out other flawed system. Drugs come to America by mail. Hence no reason to stop the drugs coming by opened border. Democrats solution is to keep things broken but handout billions to outsiders.


You are deflecting because the Republicans never wanted the wall or THEY would have funded it when they had sole power for 2 solid years!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #250 posted 01/11/19 11:11am

benni

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

poppys said:


The fight is not over Border Security. As you just said the Dems funded that.

It's over THE WALL - something the Republicans would not fund - PAY ATTENTION.

In which any Democrat will point out further flaws in the system. Best reasoning to not fix a problem is to point out other flawed system. Drugs come to America by mail. Hence no reason to stop the drugs coming by opened border. Democrats solution is to keep things broken but handout billions to outsiders.


By which the majority of drugs coming to America through Mexico, come through LEGAL PORTS of entry. A wall will not stop that.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #251 posted 01/11/19 11:13am

benni

avatar

poppys said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

poppys said:
In which any Democrat will point out further flaws in the system. Best reasoning to not fix a problem is to point out other flawed system. Drugs come to America by mail. Hence no reason to stop the drugs coming by opened border. Democrats solution is to keep things broken but handout billions to outsiders.


You are deflecting because the Republicans never wanted the wall or THEY would have funded it when they had sole power for 2 solid years!!!


One of the reasons why they didn't fund it is because it would require 2/3's vote and they did not have 2/3's of the Senate. I'm all for holding Republicans accountable, but they wouldn't have been able to pass funding for the wall.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #252 posted 01/11/19 11:21am

poppys

benni said:

poppys said:


You are deflecting because the Republicans never wanted the wall or THEY would have funded it when they had sole power for 2 solid years!!!



One of the reasons why they didn't fund it is because it would require 2/3's vote and they did not have 2/3's of the Senate. I'm all for holding Republicans accountable, but they wouldn't have been able to pass funding for the wall.


Why couldn't they have done it the same way as the tax cut? They don't have the 2/3 now, not then, right?

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/19/politics/republican-tax-plan-vote/index.html

CNN)In a vote in the early Wednesday morning hours, the Senate approved the final version of the first overhaul of the US tax code in more than 30 years, handing President Donald Trump and congressional Republicans their most significant legislative victory of 2017.

The bill passed along party lines, 51-48 with the final result announced by Vice President Mike Pence who presided over the vote. Sen. Jeff Flake, the last undeclared Republican, voted yes.


[Edited 1/11/19 11:23am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #253 posted 01/11/19 11:26am

PennyPurple

avatar

Our bank has reached out to us, offering their assistance they said they have set up a client assistance program offering their help for those affected by the shut down.


1 other thing, if trump is so worried about protecting our borders, why is he not wanting a wall at the Canadian border? Some of those terriorists of 911 came thru the Canadain border, although legally.


I'll tell you why, because he doesn't want people of color entering the US.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #254 posted 01/11/19 11:29am

RodeoSchro

avatar

benni said:

poppys said:


You are deflecting because the Republicans never wanted the wall or THEY would have funded it when they had sole power for 2 solid years!!!


One of the reasons why they didn't fund it is because it would require 2/3's vote and they did not have 2/3's of the Senate. I'm all for holding Republicans accountable, but they wouldn't have been able to pass funding for the wall.




That's only if it's a new bill. If it's attached to an outstanding bill - like the tax cut was, as was the ACA - then only a 51-vote majority is needed.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #255 posted 01/11/19 11:32am

benni

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

benni said:


One of the reasons why they didn't fund it is because it would require 2/3's vote and they did not have 2/3's of the Senate. I'm all for holding Republicans accountable, but they wouldn't have been able to pass funding for the wall.




That's only if it's a new bill. If it's attached to an outstanding bill - like the tax cut was, as was the ACA - then only a 51-vote majority is needed.


Right, but wasn't funding for the border a new bill?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #256 posted 01/11/19 11:40am

poppys


There was no political will on the part of the Republicans for funding THE WALL, so they didn't finagle it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #257 posted 01/11/19 11:44am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

PennyPurple said:

Our bank has reached out to us, offering their assistance they said they have set up a client assistance program offering their help for those affected by the shut down.


1 other thing, if trump is so worried about protecting our borders, why is he not wanting a wall at the Canadian border? Some of those terriorists of 911 came thru the Canadain border, although legally.


I'll tell you why, because he doesn't want people of color entering the US.


neutral sadly, that is correct.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #258 posted 01/11/19 11:46am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

benni said:

RodeoSchro said:




That's only if it's a new bill. If it's attached to an outstanding bill - like the tax cut was, as was the ACA - then only a 51-vote majority is needed.


Right, but wasn't funding for the border a new bill?

Yes - they need a 60 person majority.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #259 posted 01/11/19 11:55am

poppys

DiminutiveRocker said:

benni said:


Right, but wasn't funding for the border a new bill?

Yes - they need a 60 person majority.


Now they do but they could have piggybacked it on something like they did with the tax cut.

There really aren't that many southern border states, they don't all agree anyway. That's a lot of money that could be better spent (spread around to more states), and Trump was and still is a wild card. They ride his coattails when they want to. Repubs did not want to be solely responsible for the wall. Look how many of them quit anyway, cowards. They did not want that vote on their record. All any one of them in any party care about is getting re-elected in their state.


[Edited 1/11/19 14:06pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #260 posted 01/11/19 12:08pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

benni said:



SuperFurryAnimal said:


poppys said:



The fight is not over Border Security. As you just said the Dems funded that.

It's over THE WALL - something the Republicans would not fund - PAY ATTENTION.



In which any Democrat will point out further flaws in the system. Best reasoning to not fix a problem is to point out other flawed system. Drugs come to America by mail. Hence no reason to stop the drugs coming by opened border. Democrats solution is to keep things broken but handout billions to outsiders.


By which the majority of drugs coming to America through Mexico, come through LEGAL PORTS of entry. A wall will not stop that.



So by that logic it's is easier to do things illegal legal than illegal illegal. It just points out even if you build a wall you'll need more system changes but really is a scape goat. It is like blaming guns and doing nothing about mental health.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #261 posted 01/11/19 12:37pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

benni said:


By which the majority of drugs coming to America through Mexico, come through LEGAL PORTS of entry. A wall will not stop that.

So by that logic it's is easier to do things illegal legal than illegal illegal. It just points out even if you build a wall you'll need more system changes but really is a scape goat. It is like blaming guns and doing nothing about mental health.



More like blaming guns and doing nothing about guns.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #262 posted 01/11/19 12:38pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

benni said:

RodeoSchro said:




That's only if it's a new bill. If it's attached to an outstanding bill - like the tax cut was, as was the ACA - then only a 51-vote majority is needed.


Right, but wasn't funding for the border a new bill?



Yes, which REALLY tells you the GOP didn't want it. They would have attached it to a pending bill and passed it easily when they had the chance...but they didn't.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #263 posted 01/11/19 1:27pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

benni said:


Right, but wasn't funding for the border a new bill?



Yes, which REALLY tells you the GOP didn't want it. They would have attached it to a pending bill and passed it easily when they had the chance...but they didn't.


Yep!

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #264 posted 01/11/19 1:38pm

poppys

DiminutiveRocker said:

RodeoSchro said:


Yes, which REALLY tells you the GOP didn't want it. They would have attached it to a pending bill and passed it easily when they had the chance...but they didn't.


Yep!


Exactly. The worst was not allowing a vote on Neil Gorsuch - Obama's Supreme Court pick - for over a YEAR. If there is a hell, let McConnell burn for that. What a snake farm.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #265 posted 01/11/19 2:13pm

benni

avatar

poppys said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

Yes - they need a 60 person majority.


Now they do but they could have piggybacked it on something like they did with the tax cut.

There really aren't that many southern border states, they don't all agree anyway. That's a lot of money that could be better spent (spread around to more states), and Trump was and still is a wild card. They ride his coattails when they want to. Repubs did not want to be solely responsible for the wall. Look how many of them quit anyway, cowards. They did not want that vote on their record. All any one of them in any party care about is getting re-elected in their state.


[Edited 1/11/19 14:06pm]


Except I don't think the Democrats (or even Trump for that matter) would have allowed them to do that. This is Trump's signature campaign promise and he wants it stand alone.

I do agree that the majority of politicians only care about getting re-elected.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #266 posted 01/11/19 2:17pm

benni

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

benni said:


By which the majority of drugs coming to America through Mexico, come through LEGAL PORTS of entry. A wall will not stop that.

So by that logic it's is easier to do things illegal legal than illegal illegal. It just points out even if you build a wall you'll need more system changes but really is a scape goat. It is like blaming guns and doing nothing about mental health.


No, it's just fact. A wall will not stop the deaths of those dying from heroin overdoses, when the heroin is being transported into this country through legal ports of entry. The wall will not stop heroin from coming in, or even cause it to decline, therefore those that use it will continue to do so, and the deaths will continue in the numbers that they are already at.

This is the argument that the democrats are trying to get republicans to see. The wall is not going to make a dent in any of the issues that republicans see with the border. We need strong immigration laws and to hire more border patrol, and technologies. But the wall will not stop what Trump keeps saying it will stop.

Per Trump's tweet, the wall will stop the majority of the deaths from heroin overdoses. How can the wall do that, if the heroin is getting into the country through legal ports of entry, and are not crossing in areas where there is no port of entry?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #267 posted 01/11/19 2:59pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

benni said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

benni said: So by that logic it's is easier to do things illegal legal than illegal illegal. It just points out even if you build a wall you'll need more system changes but really is a scape goat. It is like blaming guns and doing nothing about mental health.


No, it's just fact. A wall will not stop the deaths of those dying from heroin overdoses, when the heroin is being transported into this country through legal ports of entry. The wall will not stop heroin from coming in, or even cause it to decline, therefore those that use it will continue to do so, and the deaths will continue in the numbers that they are already at.

This is the argument that the democrats are trying to get republicans to see. The wall is not going to make a dent in any of the issues that republicans see with the border. We need strong immigration laws and to hire more border patrol, and technologies. But the wall will not stop what Trump keeps saying it will stop.

Per Trump's tweet, the wall will stop the majority of the deaths from heroin overdoses. How can the wall do that, if the heroin is getting into the country through legal ports of entry, and are not crossing in areas where there is no port of entry?


Exactly right, Benni. The Wall is nothing but a symbolic gesture to his "base" that happens to cost billions of dollars. And he keeps saying that Mexico will pay for it via the recent North American Trade agreement but it has not been voted on/approved by Congress yet - it doe snot exist. And from what I gather there is nothing in that agreement that says Mexico will be giving the US billions of dollars that go directly to the wall.


I am not sure why his base believe everything the president says when he has a proven track record of dishonesty by doling out misinformatoin - or simply flat out lying. It means he knows that they will believe anything he says which is nothing short of an insult, and yet they seem to like being treated like fools. shrug

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #268 posted 01/11/19 4:41pm

poppys

benni said:

poppys said:


Now they do but they could have piggybacked it on something like they did with the tax cut.

There really aren't that many southern border states, they don't all agree anyway. That's a lot of money that could be better spent (spread around to more states), and Trump was and still is a wild card. They ride his coattails when they want to. Repubs did not want to be solely responsible for the wall. Look how many of them quit anyway, cowards. They did not want that vote on their record. All any one of them in any party care about is getting re-elected in their state.



Except I don't think the Democrats (or even Trump for that matter) would have allowed them to do that. This is Trump's signature campaign promise and he wants it stand alone.

I do agree that the majority of politicians only care about getting re-elected.


Disagree. The Dems would not have had the votes to shut it down and Trump would have been thrilled. Why would Trump not allow it? He has no idea how a bill works anyway.

The key here is political will on the part of the Republicans - who were in complete control. They did not want to be responsible for the wall AND the tax cuts. This is not new analysis. It's just being muddied now because now the Dems are back in it and the finger pointing starts...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #269 posted 01/11/19 7:09pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

benni said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

benni said: So by that logic it's is easier to do things illegal legal than illegal illegal. It just points out even if you build a wall you'll need more system changes but really is a scape goat. It is like blaming guns and doing nothing about mental health.


No, it's just fact. A wall will not stop the deaths of those dying from heroin overdoses, when the heroin is being transported into this country through legal ports of entry. The wall will not stop heroin from coming in, or even cause it to decline, therefore those that use it will continue to do so, and the deaths will continue in the numbers that they are already at.

This is the argument that the democrats are trying to get republicans to see. The wall is not going to make a dent in any of the issues that republicans see with the border. We need strong immigration laws and to hire more border patrol, and technologies. But the wall will not stop what Trump keeps saying it will stop.

Per Trump's tweet, the wall will stop the majority of the deaths from heroin overdoses. How can the wall do that, if the heroin is getting into the country through legal ports of entry, and are not crossing in areas where there is no port of entry?

"An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." JFK

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 9 of 24 « First<5678910111213>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > The idiot shuts down the government, for Christmas!