independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 21st Nov 2019 11:54pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Gunman opens fire at Thousand Oaks bar
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 11/09/18 7:38am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

MoBettaBliss said:



probably is mentally ill.... but obamacare is to blame?

fuck me... i've read some stupid shit in my time... but that's right up there




You have to hand it to Right Winger SuperFurryAnimal. This is first-class trolling.

In only two sentences, he manages to imply there was a political agenda and if not, then it was President Obama's fault he massacred all these people.

And THEN spends the rest of the night ranting about mental health issues. That's some good trolling right there.

IS IT A RACIAL ISSUE LIKE SOME MADE IT OUT TO BE? AGREEING WITH DON LEMON? TO ME THAT IS TROLLING.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 11/09/18 7:41am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

SuperFurryAnimal said: The issue is knowing that we need to regulate guns BECAUSE of the fact that the mentally ill, temporarily insane, enraged, young or immature people can get a hold of weapons of mass killings. AND DO. AND KILL. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. YOU AVOID THIS REALITY AND INSTEAD DISTRACT WITH TROLLING. TYPICAL RIGHT WING TROLLING.




Don't forget - it's Right Wingers like SuperFurryAnimal who voted in politicians that gutted health care funding.

It's the same thing with coverage for pre-existing conditions. Right Wingers have spent 2 years trying to eliminate it and then all of sudden come election time, they're for it.

No, they aren't. Nor are these Right Wingers like SuperFurryAnimal for increased funding for mental health issues. They are for the opposite and we know that, because that's what they did when they had control of Congress.

THE DOW WAS AT 19K WHEN WE VOTE TRUMP IN AND NOW IT IS AT 26K. THAT IS ON DONALD TRUMPS WATCH AND ON US. SO YOU WILL SOMEHOW MAKE THAT INTO OBAMA DID IT BUT NOT ADMIT THE MENTAL HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IS BROKEN? HOPEFULLY WE CAN FIX MORE OF THE PROBLEM LIKE WE ARE FIXING CHICAGO AND THE DOW.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 11/09/18 7:48am

RodeoSchro

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

RodeoSchro said:




Don't forget - it's Right Wingers like SuperFurryAnimal who voted in politicians that gutted health care funding.

It's the same thing with coverage for pre-existing conditions. Right Wingers have spent 2 years trying to eliminate it and then all of sudden come election time, they're for it.

No, they aren't. Nor are these Right Wingers like SuperFurryAnimal for increased funding for mental health issues. They are for the opposite and we know that, because that's what they did when they had control of Congress.

THE DOW WAS AT 19K WHEN WE VOTE TRUMP IN AND NOW IT IS AT 26K. THAT IS ON DONALD TRUMPS WATCH AND ON US. SO YOU WILL SOMEHOW MAKE THAT INTO OBAMA DID IT BUT NOT ADMIT THE MENTAL HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IS BROKEN? HOPEFULLY WE CAN FIX MORE OF THE PROBLEM LIKE WE ARE FIXING CHICAGO AND THE DOW.



I can imagine you sitting in the public library, getting madder and madder and redder and redder (oranger?) and shouting, "I'll show Rodeo! I'll break out the BIG FONT IN ALL CAPS!"

And then you get thrown out of the library and have to post from your phone at a McDonald's with free wi-fi the rest of the day.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 11/09/18 7:51am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

RodeoSchro said:


I can imagine you sitting in the public library, getting madder and madder and redder and redder (oranger?) and shouting, "I'll show Rodeo! I'll break out the BIG FONT IN ALL CAPS!"

And then you get thrown out of the library and have to post from your phone at a McDonald's with free wi-fi the rest of the day.

I CAN LITERALLY SEE YOU HAVE A GOOD IMAGINATION THAT IMAGINES A LOT OF THINGS THAT ARE UNTRUE. BACK ON TOPIC. THE MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEM IS STILL BROKEN BUT AT LEAST LESS PEOPLE ARE GETTING KILLED IN CHICAGO UNDER TRUMP ERA AND AT LEAST ISIS/TERRORISM IS AT BAY NOW AND NOT BEING USED AS AN EXCUSE.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 11/09/18 7:52am

RodeoSchro

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

RodeoSchro said:


I can imagine you sitting in the public library, getting madder and madder and redder and redder (oranger?) and shouting, "I'll show Rodeo! I'll break out the BIG FONT IN ALL CAPS!"

And then you get thrown out of the library and have to post from your phone at a McDonald's with free wi-fi the rest of the day.

I CAN LITERALLY SEE YOU HAVE A GOOD IMAGINATION THAT IMAGINES A LOT OF THINGS THAT ARE UNTRUE. BACK ON TOPIC. THE MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEM IS STILL BROKEN BUT AT LEAST LESS PEOPLE ARE GETTING KILLED IN CHICAGO UNDER TRUMP ERA AND AT LEAST ISIS/TERRORISM IS AT BAY NOW AND NOT BEING USED AS AN EXCUSE.



It looks like the head librarian got you calmed down a little?

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 11/09/18 7:56am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

I CAN LITERALLY SEE YOU HAVE A GOOD IMAGINATION THAT IMAGINES A LOT OF THINGS THAT ARE UNTRUE. BACK ON TOPIC. THE MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEM IS STILL BROKEN BUT AT LEAST LESS PEOPLE ARE GETTING KILLED IN CHICAGO UNDER TRUMP ERA AND AT LEAST ISIS/TERRORISM IS AT BAY NOW AND NOT BEING USED AS AN EXCUSE.



It looks like the head librarian got you calmed down a little?

NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT? BUT BACK ON TOPIC.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 11/09/18 7:58am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

I'd take Furry's guns.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 11/09/18 7:59am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:



RodeoSchro said:




SuperFurryAnimal said:




I CAN LITERALLY SEE YOU HAVE A GOOD IMAGINATION THAT IMAGINES A LOT OF THINGS THAT ARE UNTRUE. BACK ON TOPIC. THE MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEM IS STILL BROKEN BUT AT LEAST LESS PEOPLE ARE GETTING KILLED IN CHICAGO UNDER TRUMP ERA AND AT LEAST ISIS/TERRORISM IS AT BAY NOW AND NOT BEING USED AS AN EXCUSE.





It looks like the head librarian got you calmed down a little?




NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT? BUT BACK ON TOPIC.


Back on topic? You’re the one that changes the subject every time someone burns you.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 11/09/18 8:04am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

NO MOTIVE JUST THE GUY SUFFERED FROM PTSD(MENTAL ILLNESS)?

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 11/09/18 8:06am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

I'd take Furry's guns.

WHAT DID I DO? PROVE TO ME THIS WAS A "RACIAL INCIDENT" IT IS NOT.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 11/09/18 8:31am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:



2freaky4church1 said:


I'd take Furry's guns.




WHAT DID I DO? PROVE TO ME THIS WAS A "RACIAL INCIDENT" IT IS NOT.




Distractions distractions. Trolling distractions. Stay on topic.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 11/09/18 8:37am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Keep our eyes on that one.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 11/09/18 9:06am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

RACIAL INCIDENT? NO IT WAS NOT, JUST ADMIT IT! TERRORISM (ALL RADICALS NO MATTER WHAT SIDE) IS NOT #1 THREAT TO PEOPLE ON STREETS BUT CRIMINALS AND MENTALLY ILL ARE A PROBLEM. TRUTH: .00000005% CHANCE OF TERRORISM DEATH IN AMERICA. QUIT BUYING INTO THE FEAR THEY SELL YOU.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 11/09/18 9:08am

RodeoSchro

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

RACIAL INCIDENT? NO IT WAS NOT, JUST ADMIT IT! TERRORISM (ALL RADICALS NO MATTER WHAT SIDE) IS NOT #1 THREAT TO PEOPLE ON STREETS BUT CRIMINALS AND MENTALLY ILL ARE A PROBLEM. TRUTH: .00000005% CHANCE OF TERRORISM DEATH IN AMERICA. QUIT BUYING INTO THE FEAR THEY SELL YOU.



I agree, criminals with guns are the biggest threat to us all. Let's do something about that.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 11/09/18 9:10am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

RACIAL INCIDENT? NO IT WAS NOT, JUST ADMIT IT! TERRORISM (ALL RADICALS NO MATTER WHAT SIDE) IS NOT #1 THREAT TO PEOPLE ON STREETS BUT CRIMINALS AND MENTALLY ILL ARE A PROBLEM. TRUTH: .00000005% CHANCE OF TERRORISM DEATH IN AMERICA. QUIT BUYING INTO THE FEAR THEY SELL YOU.



I agree, criminals with guns are the biggest threat to us all. Let's do something about that.

MAYBE TRUMP/DOJ SHOULD LOOK AT CHICAGO AND SEE WHAT THEY HAVE DONE DIFFERENT TO IMPROVE CHICAGO POST OBAMA ERA? AS WELL AS WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO GET RID OF ISIS/TERRORISM POST OBAMA/BUSH. HOPE THEY CAN FIX OBAMACARE TOO AND HELP THE MENTALLY ILL AND THOSE SUFFERING FROM PTSD.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 11/09/18 10:36am

Camileyun

If you guys are finished sniping at each other, I'm wondering if you all have actually discussed the gun control issue here before, and discussed any solutions. It seems the places with the strictest gun laws, like California,have not stopped gun violence. There are upwards of 400 million guns out there, so banning is not going to help. How do we at least make a dent in this issue without trampling people's rights? Throwing money at mental health may be helpful, but won't stop all the violence.

Actually, we are much less violent than we used to be, but that gives little solace when something horrific and senseless happens. But I do believe a cultural shift is happening today, and the internet is partially responsible. I heard something that makes some sense to me. If you look at these recent shooters, the thing that they seem to have in common is isolation. They were all basically loners, and tied to social media for their only outlet. If someone is sitting home on the internet, they are not out and about where people could possibly see their odd behavior and maybe do something about it. Instead, they sit behind their computers, getting more hopeless, until they snap.

Now what we do about this, I have no idea.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 11/09/18 10:46am

PennyPurple

avatar

Camileyun said:

If you guys are finished sniping at each other, I'm wondering if you all have actually discussed the gun control issue here before, and discussed any solutions. It seems the places with the strictest gun laws, like California,have not stopped gun violence. There are upwards of 400 million guns out there, so banning is not going to help. How do we at least make a dent in this issue without trampling people's rights? Throwing money at mental health may be helpful, but won't stop all the violence. Actually, we are much less violent than we used to be, but that gives little solace when something horrific and senseless happens. But I do believe a cultural shift is happening today, and the internet is partially responsible. I heard something that makes some sense to me. If you look at these recent shooters, the thing that they seem to have in common is isolation. They were all basically loners, and tied to social media for their only outlet. If someone is sitting home on the internet, they are not out and about where people could possibly see their odd behavior and maybe do something about it. Instead, they sit behind their computers, getting more hopeless, until they snap. Now what we do about this, I have no idea.

And that's why I said the last time this happened if you see something on social media that isn't quite right then everyone needs to report it.


I'm starting to get concerned about a poster here getting ready to go off the edge.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 11/09/18 10:52am

Camileyun

PennyPurple said:



Camileyun said:


If you guys are finished sniping at each other, I'm wondering if you all have actually discussed the gun control issue here before, and discussed any solutions. It seems the places with the strictest gun laws, like California,have not stopped gun violence. There are upwards of 400 million guns out there, so banning is not going to help. How do we at least make a dent in this issue without trampling people's rights? Throwing money at mental health may be helpful, but won't stop all the violence. Actually, we are much less violent than we used to be, but that gives little solace when something horrific and senseless happens. But I do believe a cultural shift is happening today, and the internet is partially responsible. I heard something that makes some sense to me. If you look at these recent shooters, the thing that they seem to have in common is isolation. They were all basically loners, and tied to social media for their only outlet. If someone is sitting home on the internet, they are not out and about where people could possibly see their odd behavior and maybe do something about it. Instead, they sit behind their computers, getting more hopeless, until they snap. Now what we do about this, I have no idea.

And that's why I said the last time this happened if you see something on social media that isn't quite right then everyone needs to report it.



I'm starting to get concerned about a poster here getting ready to go off the edge.


I agree with you, and to be honest, I'm concerned for more than one (I'm very serious).
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 11/09/18 10:54am

PennyPurple

avatar

Camileyun said:

PennyPurple said:

And that's why I said the last time this happened if you see something on social media that isn't quite right then everyone needs to report it.


I'm starting to get concerned about a poster here getting ready to go off the edge.

I agree with you, and to be honest, I'm concerned for more than one (I'm very serious).

I know! neutral

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 11/09/18 10:59am

sexton

avatar

Camileyun said:

If you guys are finished sniping at each other, I'm wondering if you all have actually discussed the gun control issue here before, and discussed any solutions. It seems the places with the strictest gun laws, like California,have not stopped gun violence. There are upwards of 400 million guns out there, so banning is not going to help. How do we at least make a dent in this issue without trampling people's rights? Throwing money at mental health may be helpful, but won't stop all the violence. Actually, we are much less violent than we used to be, but that gives little solace when something horrific and senseless happens. But I do believe a cultural shift is happening today, and the internet is partially responsible. I heard something that makes some sense to me. If you look at these recent shooters, the thing that they seem to have in common is isolation. They were all basically loners, and tied to social media for their only outlet. If someone is sitting home on the internet, they are not out and about where people could possibly see their odd behavior and maybe do something about it. Instead, they sit behind their computers, getting more hopeless, until they snap. Now what we do about this, I have no idea.


A state having strict gun laws isn't very effective if the gun laws in neighboring states are more lax.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 11/09/18 11:01am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

NO MOTIVE JUST THE GUY SUFFERED FROM PTSD(MENTAL ILLNESS)?

And purchased his guns legally - but it also had an illegal bumpstock thing on it to fire lots of rounds. He was mentlaly ill and was allowed to easily purchase firearms. TRUMP'S POLICIES HAVE MADE THAT EASIER. WHAT AREN'T YOU GETTING?

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 11/09/18 11:06am

Camileyun

"The only thing you people do after these shootings is hopes and prayers or keep you in my thoughts every time and wonder why these things keep happening."

Yesterday, Chris Matthews said saying these kinds of things should be illegal. Chris Cuomo also said something similar, that thoughts and prayers are essentially useless.

The above quote is from the California shooter' s Facebook page that he posted just moments before he began his attack Wednesday night. It was basically his manifesto, repeated by some in the media, probably unbeknownst to them.
eek
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 11/09/18 11:12am

PennyPurple

avatar

Expand the background checks.

No more bumpstocks ever.

No more gun shows. No more being allowed to sell your guns to someone else. Period.

No more buying guns as gifts to give away.

No more having guns as prizes for raffles.

Expand the waiting limit to purchase the gun.

Every US serviceman that has served over seas, needs to go thru a psyc eval and school upon returning to the States.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 11/09/18 11:15am

Camileyun

PennyPurple said:

Expand the background checks.


No more bumpstocks ever.


No more gun shows. No more being allowed to sell your guns to someone else. Period.


No more buying guns as gifts to give away.


No more having guns as prizes for raffles.


Expand the waiting limit to purchase the gun.


Every US serviceman that has served over seas, needs to go thru a psyc eval and school upon returning to the States.


I've never heard that last one before, and is an excellent suggestion, for many reasons!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 11/09/18 11:20am

Camileyun

Camileyun said:

PennyPurple said:

Expand the background checks.


No more bumpstocks ever.


No more gun shows. No more being allowed to sell your guns to someone else. Period.


No more buying guns as gifts to give away.


No more having guns as prizes for raffles.


Expand the waiting limit to purchase the gun.


Every US serviceman that has served over seas, needs to go thru a psyc eval and school upon returning to the States.


I've never heard that last one before, and is an excellent suggestion, for many reasons!!

...and mandatory follow-ups.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 11/09/18 11:37am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

PennyPurple said:

Expand the background checks.

No more bumpstocks ever.

No more gun shows. No more being allowed to sell your guns to someone else. Period.

No more buying guns as gifts to give away.

No more having guns as prizes for raffles.

Expand the waiting limit to purchase the gun.

Every US serviceman that has served over seas, needs to go thru a psyc eval and school upon returning to the States.

I like it! But you know the NRA and its supporters will not wink

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 11/09/18 11:49am

MoBettaBliss

SuperFurryAnimal said:

MoBettaBliss said:



probably is mentally ill.... but obamacare is to blame?

fuck me... i've read some stupid shit in my time... but that's right up there

WHY NOT ADMIT THIS: THE MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEM IN AMERICA IS BROKEN, HAS BEEN BROKEN AND FROM LOOKS OF CRAZY PEOPLE DOING CRAZY THINGS ONLY IS GETTING WORSE. SOMEHOW VOTING DEMS WILL CHANGE IT? I DON'T THINK SO.



you're full of shit mate

you threw obamacare in there to assign blame ... grow a pair and own it

is the mental health system broken?... sounds like it... it certainly isn't kicking goals in my country either

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 11/09/18 1:52pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

sexton said:

Camileyun said:

If you guys are finished sniping at each other, I'm wondering if you all have actually discussed the gun control issue here before, and discussed any solutions. It seems the places with the strictest gun laws, like California,have not stopped gun violence. There are upwards of 400 million guns out there, so banning is not going to help. How do we at least make a dent in this issue without trampling people's rights? Throwing money at mental health may be helpful, but won't stop all the violence. Actually, we are much less violent than we used to be, but that gives little solace when something horrific and senseless happens. But I do believe a cultural shift is happening today, and the internet is partially responsible. I heard something that makes some sense to me. If you look at these recent shooters, the thing that they seem to have in common is isolation. They were all basically loners, and tied to social media for their only outlet. If someone is sitting home on the internet, they are not out and about where people could possibly see their odd behavior and maybe do something about it. Instead, they sit behind their computers, getting more hopeless, until they snap. Now what we do about this, I have no idea.


A state having strict gun laws isn't very effective if the gun laws in neighboring states are more lax.




True. Gun nuts tend to overlook the fact that most of the guns that are used in Chicago violence were obtained in Indiana and Wisconsin.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 11/09/18 2:37pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

Camileyun said:

If you guys are finished sniping at each other, I'm wondering if you all have actually discussed the gun control issue here before, and discussed any solutions. It seems the places with the strictest gun laws, like California,have not stopped gun violence. There are upwards of 400 million guns out there, so banning is not going to help. How do we at least make a dent in this issue without trampling people's rights? Throwing money at mental health may be helpful, but won't stop all the violence. Actually, we are much less violent than we used to be, but that gives little solace when something horrific and senseless happens. But I do believe a cultural shift is happening today, and the internet is partially responsible. I heard something that makes some sense to me. If you look at these recent shooters, the thing that they seem to have in common is isolation. They were all basically loners, and tied to social media for their only outlet. If someone is sitting home on the internet, they are not out and about where people could possibly see their odd behavior and maybe do something about it. Instead, they sit behind their computers, getting more hopeless, until they snap. Now what we do about this, I have no idea.



As to your final point...ban the internet? Smart phones? Obviously we can't do that. So here's what we do:

We make a big list of all the gun control measures in all the developed countries that do not have near the gun violence that we have.

No other developed nation has gun violence statistics anywhere near ours. But guns are not banned in those countries. They have guns, but they don't have our gun violence. So they do stuff that we don't, and it's stuff that works.

Before you bring it up, let's make something clear: Developed countries have the same divorce rates we do; the same percentage of single-parent households that we do; the same porn that we do; the same violent movies that we do; the same violent video games that we do; and the same idiots on the internet that we do. So it isn't any of THOSE factors that makes their gun violence so much less than ours.

They have different gun regulations than we do, and theirs work. All we have to do is figure out what they are doing with respect to gun regulation that we are not, and then we do it too.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 11/09/18 4:38pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

Sounds like a twisted antigun freak that wanted to shoot up someplace to help push for stronger gun regulations.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Gunman opens fire at Thousand Oaks bar