independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 11th Dec 2019 7:05pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Another mass school shooting in Florida.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 32 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 02/15/18 3:49am

Lianachan

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

jjhunsecker said:

I'm assuming he means that if there was religion in public schools (as well as respect for Trump...God forbid), there would be no craziness and therefore no school shootings....

But this is just my guess...It all sounds pretty unhinged to me

I would have been terrified to kill anyone, Minus someone attacking USA. What happened? YES! I believe the school is failing people. "Institutionalized" by Suicidal Tendencies song is more relevant than ever. Every parent should pull their child out of school and homeschool.



That's an awful idea. Don't you think there are already enough stupid people about? How could having everybody indoctinated with whatever their parents think possibly be a good thing for society?

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge"" ~ Isaac Asimov
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 02/15/18 4:03am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

Lianachan said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

I would have been terrified to kill anyone, Minus someone attacking USA. What happened? YES! I believe the school is failing people. "Institutionalized" by Suicidal Tendencies song is more relevant than ever. Every parent should pull their child out of school and homeschool.



That's an awful idea. Don't you think there are already enough stupid people about? How could having everybody indoctinated with whatever their parents think possibly be a good thing for society?

Online schools would be more cost effective and fix the school shooting problems. I'll never leave the house much. I can order all my food from Jet and soon they will deliver meats and milk. In Japan cops are allowed to go into people's homes and check on things. I believe anyone with kids should allow that.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 02/15/18 4:24am

PennyPurple

avatar

TweetyV6 said:

2freaky4church1 said:

Hate to be political but this stuff is happening more under this fiend President.


Wow. I was expecting the 'Blame Trump'-reflex, but not so soon.

Got figures? Or is it your gut-feeling? Or was it a Freudian slip-of-the-pen?


But I do agree with your statement that it's mainly due to your country's ridiculous gun culture.
A ban on guns won't help. It's a cultural thing.

Image may contain: text

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 02/15/18 4:30am

PennyPurple

avatar

There has already been 18 school shootings this year and it's only Feb. 15.

Why has the President not spoke? He tweeted this morning, already blaming neighbors and friends of the shooter.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 02/15/18 4:33am

PennyPurple

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

I would have been terrified to kill anyone, Minus someone attacking USA. What happened? YES! I believe the school is failing people. "Institutionalized" by Suicidal Tendencies song is more relevant than ever. Every parent should pull their child out of school and homeschool.

What is the matter with you? There has got to be something seriously wrong with you.


Schools are failing people?? Now it's the schools fault? How about it is the parents fault? How bout parents start taking responsibility and raise their kids right.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 02/15/18 4:35am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

schools are still the safest place for kids to be PERIOD.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 02/15/18 4:36am

PennyPurple

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Online schools would be more cost effective and fix the school shooting problems. I'll never leave the house much. I can order all my food from Jet and soon they will deliver meats and milk. In Japan cops are allowed to go into people's homes and check on things. I believe anyone with kids should allow that.

nuts While you're at it go hide in a cave, instead of doing something productive.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 02/15/18 4:44am

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

PennyPurple said:



SuperFurryAnimal said:







Online schools would be more cost effective and fix the school shooting problems. I'll never leave the house much. I can order all my food from Jet and soon they will deliver meats and milk. In Japan cops are allowed to go into people's homes and check on things. I believe anyone with kids should allow that.



nuts While you're at it go hide in a cave, instead of doing something productive.


Penny falloff hahaha
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 02/15/18 4:51am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

PARENTS KNEW THE DEPRESSED 19 YEAR OLD HAD AN AR-15! WTF!

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 02/15/18 4:55am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

START HOLDING THE PARENTS ACCOUNTABLE. PRISON!

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 02/15/18 4:59am

maplenpg

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

PARENTS KNEW THE DEPRESSED 19 YEAR OLD HAD AN AR-15! WTF!


His mum is dead. Died Nov 1. His adoptive mum that is. His adoptive dad died of a heart attack several years ago. He was living with a friend's family after falling out with the family friend who took care of him when his mum died. You cannot blame the people putting him up for showing kindness and offering him as roof, blame the system that allowed him to own it in the first place.
We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 02/15/18 5:00am

Lianachan

avatar

PennyPurple said:

TweetyV6 said:


Wow. I was expecting the 'Blame Trump'-reflex, but not so soon.

Got figures? Or is it your gut-feeling? Or was it a Freudian slip-of-the-pen?


But I do agree with your statement that it's mainly due to your country's ridiculous gun culture.
A ban on guns won't help. It's a cultural thing.

Image may contain: text



I wonder - if that map was zoomed right out to show the entire world, how many other sad red markers would there be.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge"" ~ Isaac Asimov
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 02/15/18 5:05am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

maplenpg said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

PARENTS KNEW THE DEPRESSED 19 YEAR OLD HAD AN AR-15! WTF!

His mum is dead. Died Nov 1. His adoptive mum that is. His adoptive dad died of a heart attack several years ago. He was living with a friend's family after falling out with the family friend who took care of him when his mum died. You cannot blame the people putting him up for showing kindness and offering him as roof, blame the system that allowed him to own it in the first place.

They knew he was depressed and allowed him to have AR-15, gasmask and smoke grenades. FACTS!

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 02/15/18 5:13am

maplenpg

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:



maplenpg said:


SuperFurryAnimal said:

PARENTS KNEW THE DEPRESSED 19 YEAR OLD HAD AN AR-15! WTF!



His mum is dead. Died Nov 1. His adoptive mum that is. His adoptive dad died of a heart attack several years ago. He was living with a friend's family after falling out with the family friend who took care of him when his mum died. You cannot blame the people putting him up for showing kindness and offering him as roof, blame the system that allowed him to own it in the first place.


They knew he was depressed and allowed him to have AR-15, gasmask and smoke grenades. FACTS!


So blame them rather than blame him? What should they have done? Kicked him out? They were not his parents. His parents, for whatever reason had him adopted. His adoptive mum died. I refuse to blame people who offered him a roof rather than blaming him and the society that allows him to own these things legally. This was his fault - I'm sure the family that put him up are reliving every second wondering why they didn't do more, report him etc... Doesn't make it their fault.
We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 02/15/18 5:14am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

CHRIS CUOMO ON CNN MESSAGE IS DON'T TATTLE TALE ON ANYONE! THEY HAVE CONSTANTLY HANDED OVER THE BLUEPRINTS HOW TO PULL OFF A MASS SHOOTING. THEY JUST BROADCAST EXACTLY HOW TO. RIDICULOUS!

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 02/15/18 5:17am

benni

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

maplenpg said:

SuperFurryAnimal said: His mum is dead. Died Nov 1. His adoptive mum that is. His adoptive dad died of a heart attack several years ago. He was living with a friend's family after falling out with the family friend who took care of him when his mum died. You cannot blame the people putting him up for showing kindness and offering him as roof, blame the system that allowed him to own it in the first place.

They knew he was depressed and allowed him to have AR-15, gasmask and smoke grenades. FACTS!


The kid is 19 years old. He is old enough to vote. He is old enough to live on his own. He is old enough to buy those items, and it was legal for him to buy them. There is NO LAW that states a depressed person cannot purchase said items, if there has never been any clinical diagnosis of depression, or suicidal/homicidal ideations. In the eyes of the law, he is an adult. In the eyes of the law, he was legally able to purchase those items.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 02/15/18 5:19am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

maplenpg said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

They knew he was depressed and allowed him to have AR-15, gasmask and smoke grenades. FACTS!

So blame them rather than blame him? What should they have done? Kicked him out? They were not his parents. His parents, for whatever reason had him adopted. His adoptive mum died. I refuse to blame people who offered him a roof rather than blaming him and the society that allows him to own these things legally. This was his fault - I'm sure the family that put him up are reliving every second wondering why they didn't do more, report him etc... Doesn't make it their fault.

I PAY THE BILLS. I MAKE THE RULES.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 02/15/18 5:23am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

benni said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

They knew he was depressed and allowed him to have AR-15, gasmask and smoke grenades. FACTS!


The kid is 19 years old. He is old enough to vote. He is old enough to live on his own. He is old enough to buy those items, and it was legal for him to buy them. There is NO LAW that states a depressed person cannot purchase said items, if there has never been any clinical diagnosis of depression, or suicidal/homicidal ideations. In the eyes of the law, he is an adult. In the eyes of the law, he was legally able to purchase those items.

THEN YOU BELIEVE IN IF SOMEONE MOVED IN WITH YOU UNDER YOUR ROOF YOU ALLOW ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY ARE OF 19. MY LAWS, MY HOUSE, MY RULES, I'M THE KING OF MY CASTLE. I HAVE MY OWN OLIGARCHY NOT THE GOV.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 02/15/18 5:26am

PennyPurple

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

PARENTS KNEW THE DEPRESSED 19 YEAR OLD HAD AN AR-15! WTF!

What parents? His mom died in Nov. his dad died several years ago.


Do you think that your big colored letters that you use, do anything to help your cause?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 02/15/18 5:27am

PennyPurple

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

START HOLDING THE PARENTS ACCOUNTABLE. PRISON!

Wait a minute, several posts up you blamed the schools, when I brought attention to the fact about the parents, you are now shouting this?

[Edited 2/15/18 5:30am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 02/15/18 5:29am

PennyPurple

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

benni said:


The kid is 19 years old. He is old enough to vote. He is old enough to live on his own. He is old enough to buy those items, and it was legal for him to buy them. There is NO LAW that states a depressed person cannot purchase said items, if there has never been any clinical diagnosis of depression, or suicidal/homicidal ideations. In the eyes of the law, he is an adult. In the eyes of the law, he was legally able to purchase those items.

THEN YOU BELIEVE IN IF SOMEONE MOVED IN WITH YOU UNDER YOUR ROOF YOU ALLOW ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY ARE OF 19. MY LAWS, MY HOUSE, MY RULES, I'M THE KING OF MY CASTLE. I HAVE MY OWN OLIGARCHY NOT THE GOV.

But yet you blamed the schools...........

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 02/15/18 5:31am

benni

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

benni said:


The kid is 19 years old. He is old enough to vote. He is old enough to live on his own. He is old enough to buy those items, and it was legal for him to buy them. There is NO LAW that states a depressed person cannot purchase said items, if there has never been any clinical diagnosis of depression, or suicidal/homicidal ideations. In the eyes of the law, he is an adult. In the eyes of the law, he was legally able to purchase those items.

THEN YOU BELIEVE IN IF SOMEONE MOVED IN WITH YOU UNDER YOUR ROOF YOU ALLOW ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY ARE OF 19. MY LAWS, MY HOUSE, MY RULES, I'M THE KING OF MY CASTLE. I HAVE MY OWN OLIGARCHY NOT THE GOV.


LOL - Don't put words in my mouth. I am stating the kid is 19 years old and is LEGALLY allowed to make those purchases.

He could just as easily said, "I'll go live elsewhere then" and still made those purchases. This is not the fault of those he was living with. This is the fault of LAX GUN LAWS that allow a 19 year old to purchase said items and a 19 year old who made the decision to do this.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 02/15/18 5:33am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

PennyPurple said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

PARENTS KNEW THE DEPRESSED 19 YEAR OLD HAD AN AR-15! WTF!

What parents? His mom died in Nov. his dad died several years ago.


Do you think that your big colored letters that you use, do anything to help your cause?

IF BOTH OF PARENTS DIED AND MOVED IN WITH A RELATIVE(NEW PARENT) AND DEPRESSED. I COULD NOT IMAGINE THEM BEING COOL WITH ME HAVING AN AR15.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 02/15/18 5:35am

maplenpg

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:



maplenpg said:


SuperFurryAnimal said:



They knew he was depressed and allowed him to have AR-15, gasmask and smoke grenades. FACTS!



So blame them rather than blame him? What should they have done? Kicked him out? They were not his parents. His parents, for whatever reason had him adopted. His adoptive mum died. I refuse to blame people who offered him a roof rather than blaming him and the society that allows him to own these things legally. This was his fault - I'm sure the family that put him up are reliving every second wondering why they didn't do more, report him etc... Doesn't make it their fault.


I PAY THE BILLS. I MAKE THE RULES.


Erm....
We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 02/15/18 5:39am

maplenpg

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:



PennyPurple said:




SuperFurryAnimal said:


PARENTS KNEW THE DEPRESSED 19 YEAR OLD HAD AN AR-15! WTF!



What parents? His mom died in Nov. his dad died several years ago.



Do you think that your big colored letters that you use, do anything to help your cause?




IF BOTH OF PARENTS DIED AND MOVED IN WITH A RELATIVE(NEW PARENT) AND DEPRESSED. I COULD NOT IMAGINE THEM BEING COOL WITH ME HAVING AN AR15.


I doubt his friends family were too happy about it but they weren't his new parents or a relative. This was his fault. He might well have shot them if they had kicked off about his stuff. Saying nothing when he was doing anything illegal is not a crime. He is the one who did this. It is his fault alone. Edit. I was wrong, it is also the fault of your stupid gun laws.
[Edited 2/15/18 5:41am]
We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 02/15/18 5:41am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Lianachan said:



That's an awful idea. Don't you think there are already enough stupid people about? How could having everybody indoctinated with whatever their parents think possibly be a good thing for society?

Online schools would be more cost effective and fix the school shooting problems. I'll never leave the house much. I can order all my food from Jet and soon they will deliver meats and milk. In Japan cops are allowed to go into people's homes and check on things. I believe anyone with kids should allow that.

But the shooter wasn't even a student right? I thought he attended that school but was graduated?

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 02/15/18 5:42am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

hmmm what does this happen, when will it stop, etc etc

look at how easily we attack each other here and get nasty with each other, in this thread about a mass shooting... neutral

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 02/15/18 5:44am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

START HOLDING THE PARENTS ACCOUNTABLE. PRISON!

the killer is an adult.. i have to say that we can not hold parents accountable for what their adult children do.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 02/15/18 5:45am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Online schools would be more cost effective and fix the school shooting problems. I'll never leave the house much. I can order all my food from Jet and soon they will deliver meats and milk. In Japan cops are allowed to go into people's homes and check on things. I believe anyone with kids should allow that.

But the shooter wasn't even a student right? I thought he attended that school but was graduated?

i think he had been expelled.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 02/15/18 5:46am

benni

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

hmmm why does this happen, when will it stop, etc etc

look at how easily we attack each other here and get nasty with each other, in this thread about a mass shooting... neutral


Not everyone is attacking. But there is, in our society, a major problem. We have become too isolated from each other. When I was a kid, you could leave your doors unlocked, you could depend upon your neighbors to watch your house while you were away, you KNEW your neighbors. Today, people don't know their neighbors names. They don't watch out for each other, check on each other. We have a mentality in this country that it's every man/woman/child for himself. We don't respect each other any more, respect life. Where/when/how did we, as a society, allow this to happen?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 32 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Another mass school shooting in Florida.