independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 7th Dec 2019 6:31pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Watch this weird ass JW video.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 12/04/16 4:06pm

derrick31

Adorecream said:



sonshine said:


Is this a joke? I don't understand how intelligent(?) people get involved with these cult-like organizations.

Generally people who join cults are not very intelligent, most would have 2 digit IQs, have a sub high school level education, mental illness, intellectual disabilities. Asurvey of the Destiny church cult revealed an average IQ of 77, and most of us know that most people who go to church and believe in creation and homophobia have 2 digit IQs, compared to the 3 digit IQs of atheists, socialists and scientists.


.


SNIP - OF4S



[Flame snip - luv4u]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 12/04/16 5:11pm

leecaldon

Superfan1984 said:

Nope. Why don't you explain it to me. Something wrong those monkeys? Why didn't they evolve?

Oh, ok...

Simply asking the question shows a fundamental misunderstanding of evolution.

We did not evolve from monkeys.

('Old World') Monkeys and humans share a common ancestor (now extinct) - which we both evolved from around 25 million years ago.

You'd have to go back 40 million years to find our common ancestor with 'New world' monkeys.

So, the monkeys/apes you see today have evolved, just differently to humans.

Make sense?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 12/04/16 7:05pm

Superfan1984

It does make sense if I believed that there were actually "Old world" monkeys-- I just don't believe that. I can see what you're saying- completely 100 % . My problem is that once you realize that the earth is flat (laugh if you want to) then you realize that everything that has been told to us is a lie. And that the scientists just make up these numbers and these ideas-- anything to omit God. I used to believe all of that as well but now I see that we have to question all of this that has been fed to us, especially if it makes no sense. Flat earth makes more sense. Creationism makes more sense. To me anyway, maybe not to you. It makes more sense to me that man never landed on the moon. How could he with the Van Allen radiation belts? I understand why you believe what you believe and I know that people love to look at religious people at simple minded buffoons but I'm starting to look at all these "smarty pants" types as unwilling to question what makes no GD sense-- like, do you think we're spinning right now? Really? Do you think the Sun is 93 million miles away? --- And I'm not trying to be disrespectful to you- I just think that the idea that nothing exploded and created everything is some buuuullshiit. confused

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 12/04/16 8:15pm

leecaldon

Superfan1984 said:

It does make sense if I believed that there were actually "Old world" monkeys-- I just don't believe that. I can see what you're saying- completely 100 % . My problem is that once you realize that the earth is flat (laugh if you want to) then you realize that everything that has been told to us is a lie. And that the scientists just make up these numbers and these ideas-- anything to omit God. I used to believe all of that as well but now I see that we have to question all of this that has been fed to us, especially if it makes no sense. Flat earth makes more sense. Creationism makes more sense. To me anyway, maybe not to you. It makes more sense to me that man never landed on the moon. How could he with the Van Allen radiation belts? I understand why you believe what you believe and I know that people love to look at religious people at simple minded buffoons but I'm starting to look at all these "smarty pants" types as unwilling to question what makes no GD sense-- like, do you think we're spinning right now? Really? Do you think the Sun is 93 million miles away? --- And I'm not trying to be disrespectful to you- I just think that the idea that nothing exploded and created everything is some buuuullshiit. confused

"Makes more sense" has nothing to do with facts. Our brains are not evolved to deal with these things.

But anyway, I have to assume you're trolling at this point. Yep, we're spinning, that's how the sun 'rises' and 'sets' every day and why the stars appear to spin around in the sky. We are not the centre of the solar system, let alone the Milky Way.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 12/04/16 8:36pm

Superfan1984

The stars "appear to be spinning" because they are spinning-- inside the firmament!!! And, I was totally respectful of you, how dare you say I am "trolling" --- just because you can't make a better argument. YOU'RE TROLLING. I'm done with you -- not discussing with you anymore because you are disrespectful.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 12/04/16 9:13pm

leecaldon

Superfan1984 said:

The stars "appear to be spinning" because they are spinning-- inside the firmament!!! And, I was totally respectful of you, how dare you say I am "trolling" --- just because you can't make a better argument. YOU'RE TROLLING. I'm done with you -- not discussing with you anymore because you are disrespectful.




I'm sorry, I genuinely thought you were trolling.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 12/04/16 10:01pm

lust

avatar

Superfan1984 said:

And as for Science and scientists- they lie to us all the time-- they make up numbers and throw them at us and we want to look smart (even though we know it makes no GD sense) so we say, "Sure, I believe the Sun is 93 million miles away, I can feel the warmth of it on my face, but sure, it's 93 millions miles away." --- And if we evolved from monkeys then why are there still monkeys?




eek
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 12/04/16 10:03pm

lust

avatar

Superfan1984 said:

Nope. Why don't you explain it to me. Something wrong those monkeys? Why didn't they evolve?





They are evolved. How is it possible people are still asking that question. You've proved that you have acsses to the internet. Use it.
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 12/04/16 10:07pm

lust

avatar

I see now from later posts that you're also claiming to be a flat earther.

No further discourse necessary.

lol
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 12/04/16 11:24pm

Astasheiks

avatar

spacedolphin said:

sonshine said:

I don't understand how intelligent(?) people get involved with these cult-like organizations.

True hey, though I'd say it's more that the intelligent people get out wink

Not sure what that cult is doing in that video, thought they would have invested their resources into a fortress for the 144k by now

biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 12/04/16 11:27pm

Astasheiks

avatar

oliviacamron said:

sonshine said:
Is this a joke? I don't understand how intelligent(?) people get involved with these cult-like organizations.
I've asked myself that question, as Prince has superior intelligence. I think in Prince's case, he wanted a kind of family but then he realized the JWs beliefs are wrong

When did he realise that? confused By all indications he stayed with them until the end or else JW church wouldn't had done a Memorial Service, correct?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 12/05/16 3:27am

spacedolphin

avatar

lust said:

I see now from later posts that you're also claiming to be a flat earther. No further discourse necessary. lol

lol

music I'm afraid of Americans. I'm afraid of the world. I'm afraid I can't help it. music
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 12/05/16 4:17am

leecaldon

spacedolphin said:

lust said:

I see now from later posts that you're also claiming to be a flat earther. No further discourse necessary. lol

lol

I've never actually had to argue the earth isn't flat. I mean, where do you even start??

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 12/05/16 6:25am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Lust, where ya been?

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 12/05/16 10:17am

lust

avatar

leecaldon said:



spacedolphin said:




lust said:


I see now from later posts that you're also claiming to be a flat earther. No further discourse necessary. lol


lol




I've never actually had to argue the earth isn't flat. I mean, where do you even start??




You don't. You naively start with facts, evidence and logic but it's not long before you realise that facts, evidence and logic are the last things they understand so you just walk away in a face palm.

You can throw their model out by referencing the existence of the direct flights between Auckland and Buenos Aires that take just 12 hours. A journey that would be impossible on the flat earth map but they just claim
that those flights don't exist and never actually depart. (I must have imagined the time I flew it)
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 12/05/16 10:17am

lust

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Lust, where ya been?



Mossad business. Keeping you safe.
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 12/05/16 11:16am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

I adore former Mossad: The Gatekeepers.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 12/05/16 11:22am

morningsong

I thought I posted something obnoxious here but I don't see it. I hope it didn't end up in the wrong thread.


But hate really is a ugly thing regardless what guise it's in.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 12/05/16 2:05pm

oliviacamron

avatar

Astasheiks said:



oliviacamron said:


sonshine said:
Is this a joke? I don't understand how intelligent(?) people get involved with these cult-like organizations.

I've asked myself that question, as Prince has superior intelligence. I think in Prince's case, he wanted a kind of family but then he realized the JWs beliefs are wrong


When did he realise that? confused By all indications he stayed with them until the end or else JW church wouldn't had done a Memorial Service, correct?


It's my opinion. I came to this opinion from looking back to his lyrics before and after the JW period. And I took into consideration the things stated by Christian who did know him and what theY said about thier recent conversation with him. JW and Christiany ia completely different! I do try to be mindful not to make a statement that would make Prince mad at me if he were here.
I asked Prince what he was planning to do. He told me , I'm going to look for the ladder. I asked him what that meant. All he said was, sometimes it snows in April. - book D.M.S.R.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 12/05/16 2:54pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

Superfan1984 said:

It does make sense if I believed that there were actually "Old world" monkeys-- I just don't believe that. I can see what you're saying- completely 100 % . My problem is that once you realize that the earth is flat (laugh if you want to) then you realize that everything that has been told to us is a lie. And that the scientists just make up these numbers and these ideas-- anything to omit God. I used to believe all of that as well but now I see that we have to question all of this that has been fed to us, especially if it makes no sense. Flat earth makes more sense. Creationism makes more sense. To me anyway, maybe not to you. It makes more sense to me that man never landed on the moon. How could he with the Van Allen radiation belts? I understand why you believe what you believe and I know that people love to look at religious people at simple minded buffoons but I'm starting to look at all these "smarty pants" types as unwilling to question what makes no GD sense-- like, do you think we're spinning right now? Really? Do you think the Sun is 93 million miles away? --- And I'm not trying to be disrespectful to you- I just think that the idea that nothing exploded and created everything is some buuuullshiit. confused




That's some of the funniest stuff I've EVER read on the org!! I know you're taking the piss and all but you do it with such conviction. smile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 12/05/16 3:02pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

oliviacamron said:

Astasheiks said:



oliviacamron said:


sonshine said:
Is this a joke? I don't understand how intelligent(?) people get involved with these cult-like organizations.

I've asked myself that question, as Prince has superior intelligence. I think in Prince's case, he wanted a kind of family but then he realized the JWs beliefs are wrong


When did he realise that? confused By all indications he stayed with them until the end or else JW church wouldn't had done a Memorial Service, correct?


It's my opinion. I came to this opinion from looking back to his lyrics before and after the JW period. And I took into consideration the things stated by Christian who did know him and what theY said about thier recent conversation with him. JW and Christiany ia completely different! I do try to be mindful not to make a statement that would make Prince mad at me if he were here.


I think you could have a point. The way I look at it though, he might have been a JW but not necessarily a completely devout JW. You know how some people claim to be Catholic but they support gay marriage and other things the Catholic Church frown upon. I think Prince was like that in regards to the JW faith. Like he believed himself to be a JW but at the same time he acted in a way that the church may not agree with.

Of course, nobody but him would know what went on in his own head but from an outsiders perspective, that's how it comes across.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 12/05/16 3:03pm

morningsong

Jane Goodall believes in Big Foot as do a lot of people around here. I don't, as do a lot of other people around here, and as well as a lot of her educated collegues don't. I'd like to know which group is supposed to be the most intellegent based on this belief? Obviously, your beliefs are a sign of how intelligent you are.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 12/05/16 6:16pm

214

Adorecream said:

sonshine said:

Is this a joke? I don't understand how intelligent(?) people get involved with these cult-like organizations.

Generally people who join cults are not very intelligent, most would have 2 digit IQs, have a sub high school level education, mental illness, intellectual disabilities. Asurvey of the Destiny church cult revealed an average IQ of 77, and most of us know that most people who go to church and believe in creation and homophobia have 2 digit IQs, compared to the 3 digit IQs of atheists, socialists and scientists.

.

I have yet to meet an intelligent born again Christian.

Please, you're so arrogant.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 12/05/16 6:19pm

214

Adorecream said:

tmo1965 said:

I'm a born again Christian and I have a Bachelor of Science degree and 15 hours towards my masters. And BTW, I don't buy the evolution theory because it simply does not make sense. You would have to believe in astronomical odds for life to form, and evolution can't be recreated, so you still have to rely on faith in "scientists" and their conclusions to believe evolution.

I can tell you from experience, that scientists, which includes doctors, biologists, chemists, etc. often make educated guesses about any given facts to arrive at a conclusion. They are often proven wrong.

[Edited 12/3/16 21:57pm]

Yes I don't know you, so my statements stand, also how can you have a degree is science and believe that a man magically made the earth in 7 days and all the rest. Are you sure it is not the university of Bubbalicious or the Captain Crunch university. My guess is you don't have a degree, but probably went to one of those second chance hope schools where they have like Bachelors in Scientology and Toilet science or the science you refer to is Domestic Science (Housecleaning).

.

Even if you have the degree, believing in creation, still makes you look ignorant. Plus I bet you got that degree before you found Jeebasus and de Lawd. Once you accept that bullshit, your degree becomes invalid. Are you using or it or preaching at the Beulah Zion gib us all de money sto' front church?

.

EVOLUTION IS THE ONLY TRUTH! Creation is a load of bullshit, what if the world ends and there is a universal catastrophe, will magical God create us again lol

.

Also, since when da fuck where Scientists proven wrong over evolution, when we have dinosaurs, a massive geological record, proof positive of events on earth before the Neolithic era (The time of so called Creation) and since when has Creation been proven the truth.

You're such a disgusting person. feeling ill

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 12/05/16 6:55pm

tmo1965

Adorecream said:

tmo1965 said:

I'm a born again Christian and I have a Bachelor of Science degree and 15 hours towards my masters. And BTW, I don't buy the evolution theory because it simply does not make sense. You would have to believe in astronomical odds for life to form, and evolution can't be recreated, so you still have to rely on faith in "scientists" and their conclusions to believe evolution.

I can tell you from experience, that scientists, which includes doctors, biologists, chemists, etc. often make educated guesses about any given facts to arrive at a conclusion. They are often proven wrong.

[Edited 12/3/16 21:57pm]

Yes I don't know you, so my statements stand, also how can you have a degree is science and believe that a man magically made the earth in 7 days and all the rest. Are you sure it is not the university of Bubbalicious or the Captain Crunch university. My guess is you don't have a degree, but probably went to one of those second chance hope schools where they have like Bachelors in Scientology and Toilet science or the science you refer to is Domestic Science (Housecleaning).

.

Even if you have the degree, believing in creation, still makes you look ignorant. Plus I bet you got that degree before you found Jeebasus and de Lawd. Once you accept that bullshit, your degree becomes invalid. Are you using or it or preaching at the Beulah Zion gib us all de money sto' front church?

.

EVOLUTION IS THE ONLY TRUTH! Creation is a load of bullshit, what if the world ends and there is a universal catastrophe, will magical God create us again lol

.

Also, since when da fuck where Scientists proven wrong over evolution, when we have dinosaurs, a massive geological record, proof positive of events on earth before the Neolithic era (The time of so called Creation) and since when has Creation been proven the truth.

I have a degree from an acredited traditional university. No I'm not ignorant. I just used critical thinking skills to determine that the evolution theory leaves a lot of unanswered questions and simply does not make sense when all things are considered.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 12/05/16 7:16pm

lust

avatar

tmo1965 said:



Adorecream said:




tmo1965 said:



I'm a born again Christian and I have a Bachelor of Science degree and 15 hours towards my masters. And BTW, I don't buy the evolution theory because it simply does not make sense. You would have to believe in astronomical odds for life to form, and evolution can't be recreated, so you still have to rely on faith in "scientists" and their conclusions to believe evolution.


I can tell you from experience, that scientists, which includes doctors, biologists, chemists, etc. often make educated guesses about any given facts to arrive at a conclusion. They are often proven wrong.


[Edited 12/3/16 21:57pm]



Yes I don't know you, so my statements stand, also how can you have a degree is science and believe that a man magically made the earth in 7 days and all the rest. Are you sure it is not the university of Bubbalicious or the Captain Crunch university. My guess is you don't have a degree, but probably went to one of those second chance hope schools where they have like Bachelors in Scientology and Toilet science or the science you refer to is Domestic Science (Housecleaning).


.


Even if you have the degree, believing in creation, still makes you look ignorant. Plus I bet you got that degree before you found Jeebasus and de Lawd. Once you accept that bullshit, your degree becomes invalid. Are you using or it or preaching at the Beulah Zion gib us all de money sto' front church?


.


EVOLUTION IS THE ONLY TRUTH! Creation is a load of bullshit, what if the world ends and there is a universal catastrophe, will magical God create us again lol


.


Also, since when da fuck where Scientists proven wrong over evolution, when we have dinosaurs, a massive geological record, proof positive of events on earth before the Neolithic era (The time of so called Creation) and since when has Creation been proven the truth.



I have a degree from an acredited traditional university. No I'm not ignorant. I just used critical thinking skills to determine that the evolution theory leaves a lot of unanswered questions and simply does not make sense when all things are considered.




And yet you made the most beginners error common to creationists by confusing evolution for abiogenesis. And you also seem think that the term "theory" as it pertains to evolution is in regards to evolution itself but of course as someone of science should know, the theory is in regards to the mechanism (natural selection) that seeks to explain the observed fact of evolution.

I'm sure I don't need to explain what the term theory means in science and how it differs to the colloquial useage.

I'm guessing your science degree is not in Biology?
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 12/06/16 7:08am

leecaldon

lust said:

leecaldon said:

I've never actually had to argue the earth isn't flat. I mean, where do you even start??

You don't. You naively start with facts, evidence and logic but it's not long before you realise that facts, evidence and logic are the last things they understand so you just walk away in a face palm. You can throw their model out by referencing the existence of the direct flights between Auckland and Buenos Aires that take just 12 hours. A journey that would be impossible on the flat earth map but they just claim that those flights don't exist and never actually depart. (I must have imagined the time I flew it)

This is why Dawkins refuses to debate with young earth creationists. There's no point.

Although I like your direct flight example!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 12/06/16 7:40am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Dawkins is an awful human being.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 12/06/16 8:24am

leecaldon

2freaky4church1 said:

Dawkins is an awful human being.

I know he divides opinion, but why do you say that? He's an excellent evolutionary biologist, a terrific science communicator, and a good debater.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 12/06/16 8:33am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

I'd debate him out.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Watch this weird ass JW video.