independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 23rd Oct 2019 8:43am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Turkish military claims it has 'fully seized control' of the country
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/15/16 2:34pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Breaking: Turkish military claims it has 'fully seized control' of the country

http://www.cbc.ca/news/wo...-1.3681441

Turkish military claims it has taken power

***********

This is not good. Or will that be a good thing given that ISIS was doing attacks in Turkey?

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/15/16 2:39pm

mordang

avatar

luv4u said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/wo...-1.3681441

Turkish military claims it has taken power

***********

This is not good. Or will that be a good thing given that ISIS was doing attacks in Turkey?

This is good, given that Erdogan is a fascist religious zelot that needs to be stopped, before his reign is absolute and secularism in Turkye is starting to fade away under pressure of these radical islamists.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/15/16 2:54pm

lazycrockett

avatar

This is a very good thing. Hopefully its successful.

The Most Important Thing In Life Is Sincerity....Once You Can Fake That, You Can Fake Anything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/15/16 3:31pm

KoolEaze

avatar

Hi guys. I'm in Turkey right now. I was drinkıng orange juice and then a couple of beers while this was happening. Things are a bit chaotic right now and I don't have access to Facebook. The good thing is that I can still access prince.org.

I finished my third beer real quick so I could catch the last train home.

I wıll see if I can access some European news sites from here but I would appreciate any news updates here on the org because I'm not sure if I'll be able to get some news updates (Facebook is down which was to be expected).

Chaos in Istanbul and the big cities.

Not so much chaos here where I am (in İzmir) because we HATE Erdoğan and this is one of the few provinces where his party always loses the elections.

I actually celebrated this and we ordered another beer while this was happening.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened much earlier because so many people are beyond fed up with Erdoğan and his İslamist cohorts.

I turned on the TV right now.

Things are pretty messy right now.

I'll see İf I can keep you guys updated ...or maybe you guys can keep me updated wink

All I wanted to do is have a good time here, spend some time in İzmir, spend some time at the beach and maybe hop over to spend some time on the Greek islands, too.

Right now I guess I'll have to change my vacations plans a little bit.

If things don't get too ugly this is actually a time to celebrate and a victory for democracy even though it may not look like it from the outside.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/15/16 3:32pm

NorthC

No, it's not good! Turkey is in total utter chaos right now! And it's right next to Europe. Nobody knows what's going on. Is the coup succesful or not? At the time I write this, nothing is certain. First the attacks in Nice, now this. The whole world seems to be going crazy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/15/16 3:42pm

KoolEaze

avatar

Thıngs are gettıng a bıt messy rıght now

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/15/16 3:43pm

KoolEaze

avatar

NorthC said:

No, it's not good! Turkey is in total utter chaos right now! And it's right next to Europe. Nobody knows what's going on. Is the coup succesful or not? At the time I write this, nothing is certain. First the attacks in Nice, now this. The whole world seems to be going crazy.

If the mılıtary remaıns successful ıt IS a good thıng.

It was about tıme that someone somehow stepped up and dıd somethıng.

By the way, do you guys have any ıdea where Erdoğan ıs rıght now? I just saw hım on the ınternet gıvıng an intervıew but folks have no ıdea where he ıs.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/15/16 3:46pm

KoolEaze

avatar

Fuck, things are really getting a bit chaotic right now. Just bought some bread and bagels (actually lots of bread), people were standing ın lıne, lots of people at the bakery and ıt ıs 1.45 a.m here.

I'm inside now and have no intention of going out.

got some watermelon and cheese, bread and olives in the fridge

looks like the military has declared martial law

It's a double edged sword.......good and bad at the same tıme

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/15/16 3:48pm

lazycrockett

avatar

^The military wouldn't let him land in Turkey and he was denied asylum in Germany. That's the last I heard bout an hour ago.

Stay Safe and have another beer.

The Most Important Thing In Life Is Sincerity....Once You Can Fake That, You Can Fake Anything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/15/16 3:48pm

KoolEaze

avatar

I am drınkıng and drınkıng rıght now. No joke!

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/15/16 3:49pm

KoolEaze

avatar

Serıouslyi thıngs are pretty fucked up rıght now

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/15/16 3:49pm

KoolEaze

avatar

Rıght now there's the call to prayer from the mosques at a very unusual tıme of the nıght

Unnormal

No ıdea why

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/15/16 3:50pm

KoolEaze

avatar

people ın the streets

protestıng

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/15/16 3:50pm

KoolEaze

avatar

Dear org

I have never been so drunk ın the mıddle of a mılıtary coup

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/15/16 3:52pm

KoolEaze

avatar

Goıng back and forth between the balcony , the org and TV

No acccess to Facebook or Twıtter

Prınce.org ıs workıng fıne !

Guess the government does not really care about the org

keep me updated please!

WTF ıs goıng on?

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/15/16 3:56pm

BillieBalloon

I'll try to give some updates for you.

Istanbul is chaotic as you can imagine. All flights are cancelled. Gunfire is being heard sporadically including the airport. but no violence..so far the coup is bloodless which is good.

(I'm not there ut have been to this country and loved it everytime)
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/15/16 3:56pm

lazycrockett

avatar

Your political parties seem to be siding with Erdogan as is some police officers. Everything seems pretty chaotic at the moment.

The Most Important Thing In Life Is Sincerity....Once You Can Fake That, You Can Fake Anything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/15/16 4:00pm

BillieBalloon

Twitter :


Turkey Blocks ‏@TurkeyBlocks
Confirmed: Twitter, Facebook & YouTube blocked in #Turkey at 10:50PM after apparent military uprising in #Turkey
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/15/16 4:01pm

Marrk

avatar

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jul/15/turkey-coup-attempt-military-gunfire-ankara

Yeah, we'll, we'll try to imagine what silence looks like.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/15/16 4:09pm

KoolEaze

avatar

I just got back from the balcony. VERY weird and chaotic atmosphere here.

No access to Facebook

Strange thıng ıs that the org ıs stıll workıng

So the other partıes are agaınst the coupi, too?

From what I've heard the pro-Erdoğan polıce forces trıed to mess wıth the mılıtary and the mılıtary just got fed up and wants to restore order and democracy

I just heard an anouncement from the mılıtary

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/15/16 4:16pm

BillieBalloon

People are ignoring the military curfew.There are clashes between the police and the army in Istanbul. Things seem to be getting slowly tenser.
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/15/16 4:18pm

KoolEaze

avatar

I hope the coup ıs succesful and that the anti-Erdoğan factıon of the mılıtary wıll remaın vıctorıous. It was about tıme that they dıd somethıng to get rıd of hım. 40 % of the people are behınd hım though so I guess thıngs mıght get ugly here.

[Edited 7/15/16 16:26pm]

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/15/16 4:26pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

KoolEaze said:

Hi guys. I'm in Turkey right now. I was drinkıng orange juice and then a couple of beers while this was happening. Things are a bit chaotic right now and I don't have access to Facebook. The good thing is that I can still access prince.org.

I finished my third beer real quick so I could catch the last train home.

I wıll see if I can access some European news sites from here but I would appreciate any news updates here on the org because I'm not sure if I'll be able to get some news updates (Facebook is down which was to be expected).

Chaos in Istanbul and the big cities.

Not so much chaos here where I am (in İzmir) because we HATE Erdoğan and this is one of the few provinces where his party always loses the elections.

I actually celebrated this and we ordered another beer while this was happening.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened much earlier because so many people are beyond fed up with Erdoğan and his İslamist cohorts.

I turned on the TV right now.

Things are pretty messy right now.

I'll see İf I can keep you guys updated ...or maybe you guys can keep me updated wink

All I wanted to do is have a good time here, spend some time in İzmir, spend some time at the beach and maybe hop over to spend some time on the Greek islands, too.

Right now I guess I'll have to change my vacations plans a little bit.

If things don't get too ugly this is actually a time to celebrate and a victory for democracy even though it may not look like it from the outside.



I am praying for your safety and the well-being of your country!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/15/16 4:26pm

KoolEaze

avatar

the ınternet ıs very slow rıght now

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/15/16 4:33pm

CROWNS1

KoolEaze said:

I hope the coup ıs succesful and that the anti-Erdoğan factıon of the mılıtary wıll remaın vıctorıous. It was about tıme that they dıd somethıng to get rıd of hım. 40 % of the people are behınd hım though so I guess thıngs mıght get ugly here.

[Edited 7/15/16 16:26pm]

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Erdogan was on holiday in IZMIR.

"Mr. Erdogan was on a holiday in Izmir, a source close to the government said, and was attempting to fly to Istanbul or Ankara. But airports were closed before he could land, so he issued his statement from the plane, the source said."

US State Dept is advising all to Shelter in place, as citizens are getting shot at borders. Please stay safe!

[Edited 7/15/16 16:33pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/15/16 4:44pm

BillieBalloon

AFP news agency ‏@AFP
#BREAKING Turkish parliament in Ankara hit by bombing: state news agency
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/15/16 4:49pm

BillieBalloon

AFP photographer says Turkey military has opened fire on crowds gathered at Istanbul bridge http://u.afp.com/ZKHL
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/15/16 5:23pm

214

It will get worse it seems.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/15/16 5:27pm

BillieBalloon

They're now reporting the coup has failed and the president is back in Istanbul.
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/15/16 6:13pm

KoolEaze

avatar

I am in İzmir right now.

The CNN studıo stopped broadcastıng

better yet....the news anchors had to leave the studıo

shootıngs

some weırd dude dressed ın a pınk polo shırt (some random dude) just entered the studıo shoutıng allahu akbar and acted a fool and ıs talkıng on hıs cellphone

very chaotıc

CROWNS1 said:

KoolEaze said:

I hope the coup ıs succesful and that the anti-Erdoğan factıon of the mılıtary wıll remaın vıctorıous. It was about tıme that they dıd somethıng to get rıd of hım. 40 % of the people are behınd hım though so I guess thıngs mıght get ugly here.

[Edited 7/15/16 16:26pm]

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Erdogan was on holiday in IZMIR.

"Mr. Erdogan was on a holiday in Izmir, a source close to the government said, and was attempting to fly to Istanbul or Ankara. But airports were closed before he could land, so he issued his statement from the plane, the source said."

US State Dept is advising all to Shelter in place, as citizens are getting shot at borders. Please stay safe!

[Edited 7/15/16 16:33pm]

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Turkish military claims it has 'fully seized control' of the country