independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 28th Jan 2020 7:57am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Will USA ever have a female president?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/26/14 6:22am

WorldofPeace

Will USA ever have a female president?

Hello , am from the UK and i was wondering if their will ever be a female president in America?

We had Magaret thatcher who was with most people in the UK hit or miss. Is their any good female politicians who have a chance of running for office in america , today or in the future?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/26/14 6:49am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Yes, probably in a couple years. Hillary Clinton is the odds-on favorite to win.

Of course, she was the odds-on favorite in 2008 too but Barack Obama beat her in the primaries. So you never know for sure.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/26/14 7:16am

WorldofPeace

RodeoSchro said:

Yes, probably in a couple years. Hillary Clinton is the odds-on favorite to win.

Of course, she was the odds-on favorite in 2008 too but Barack Obama beat her in the primaries. So you never know for sure.

Cool i like Hillary , she always seems straight to the point, good luck to her biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/26/14 7:46am

KoolEaze

avatar

I think so. Maybe Hillary, maybe someone else. But....what difference would it make? So far, most female politicians I´ve seen over the decades weren´t any different from their male counterparts, and some have been merely female caricatures of their male counterparts...just as aggressive, dominant and manipulative and twisted. Maggie Thatcher, former Turkish prime minister Tansu Ciller, German chancellor Angela Merkel....all just as cunning and tricky and rotten as their male colleagues, maybe even more so because they had to prove time and time again that they are not the weaker sex.

I can´t make a judgment about the symbolic meaning of having a female leader, I´m sure the role model part is indeed important in these sexist times we live in, but from what I´ve seen so far, I don´t see what would be so special about a woman in charge. Hillary is just as tough and scheming as most male politicians.

Did you see how she reacted to how Ghaddafi got killed? I hated Ghaddafi but that´s not the appropriate way to react. Cheering and laughing and cracking jokes are things I´d expect from the average Joe in a pub, not a future president.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/26/14 7:49am

KoolEaze

avatar

Sometimes I wonder whether unusual presidents are elected because society has changed and progressed so that their time has come, or whether they think of unusual presidents because they want people to calm down a bit and unite the country in the process and prove a point.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/26/14 8:18am

treehouse

KoolEaze said:

Sometimes I wonder whether unusual presidents are elected because society has changed and progressed so that their time has come, or whether they think of unusual presidents because they want people to calm down a bit and unite the country in the process and prove a point.



I think it stands to reason tht unusual candidates can only get elected if they're also very special candidates, at the right time and place. That tends to have the effect of uniting. With Obama vs. Hilary case we saw the country polarized instead.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/26/14 8:41am

free2bfreeda

My answer:
yes, if she can be a good puppet for the senate and controlling top dogs that be.
eek like all the presidential predecessors.
[Edited 10/26/14 8:49am]
“Transracial is a term that has long since been defined as the adoption of a child that is of a different race than the adoptive parents,” : https://thinkprogress.org...fb6e18544a
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/26/14 8:45am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

I hope democrats learned their lesson on why they should look at a person's experience and not their gender or race. Hillary is not at all qualified to run a gas station much less be president.

Her heath and age (which was used against several republicans) are big issues.

Her lies and total disregard for the deaths at Benghazi!


Her idiotic "Don’t let anybody tell you that it’s corporations and businesses that create jobs."

She really has some major issues.


No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/26/14 8:47am

WorldofPeace

KoolEaze said:

....all just as cunning and tricky and rotten as their male colleagues, maybe even more so because they had to prove time and time again that they are not the weaker sex.

That does sound like maggie thatcher biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/26/14 8:54am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

treehouse said:

KoolEaze said:

Sometimes I wonder whether unusual presidents are elected because society has changed and progressed so that their time has come, or whether they think of unusual presidents because they want people to calm down a bit and unite the country in the process and prove a point.



I think it stands to reason tht unusual candidates can only get elected if they're also very special candidates, at the right time and place. That tends to have the effect of uniting. With Obama vs. Hilary case we saw the country polarized instead.

you mean during the 2008 primaries? Interesting how much the statics that race says about race and raced based discrimination in this country. Some point to how Mormons voted for Romney (who was attacked viciously here and elsewhere for the actions of his grandfather! And how Palin was attacked for the actions of her parents. (Or for--and she stands alone in this area--how much was spent on her clothing.)

But we all know or simply ignore how one sided things are when it comes to such matters and how it is pretty much only one party that used gender and race as a negitive.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/26/14 9:03am

KoolEaze

avatar

treehouse said:

KoolEaze said:

Sometimes I wonder whether unusual presidents are elected because society has changed and progressed so that their time has come, or whether they think of unusual presidents because they want people to calm down a bit and unite the country in the process and prove a point.



I think it stands to reason tht unusual candidates can only get elected if they're also very special candidates, at the right time and place. That tends to have the effect of uniting. With Obama vs. Hilary case we saw the country polarized instead.

I see...but when I wrote what I wrote I wasn´t even thinking of Obama vs. Hillary. In 2002, during the G.W Bush presidency, I had a long talk with some friends in Minnesota and the gist of that conversation was that the US was a very divided country with a lot of pent up anger and tension, and it was supposedly only a matter of time til the country ends up in anarchy and chaos (my friend´s words, not mine). And I must admit that I did literally feel that tension a couple of years later during another visit.

Lo and behold, Obama shows up on the scene, promises hope and change, unites huge parts of society to the extent of getting the majority of the votes, and proving ( or so they say) that everybody has a chance to make it regardless of race and background. I mean, even Prince wrote a song back then called United States of Division. lol

-

.

To me his election felt like someone somehow had released a little bit of pressure from a pressure cooker, at least for a brief moment.

The current situation, however, is probably worse than before as far as a united country goes.

.

.

PS:This post is in no way meant to either support or criticize the above mentioned individuals.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/26/14 9:32am

daingermouz202
0

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I hope democrats learned their lesson on why they should look at a person's experience and not their gender or race. Hillary is not at all qualified to run a gas station much less be president.



Her heath and age (which was used against several republicans) are big issues.



Her lies and total disregard for the deaths at Benghazi!



Her idiotic "Don’t let anybody tell you that it’s corporations and businesses that create jobs."

She really has some major issues.





Im curious, What qualifications does Hillary Clinton need? And how many Presidents from 1945 to the present have been qualified in your opinion?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/26/14 10:32am

lazycrockett

avatar

Hillary is more qualified to be president than probably any other candidate on the scene. Someone is trolling hard for a Sunday.

The Most Important Thing In Life Is Sincerity....Once You Can Fake That, You Can Fake Anything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/26/14 11:25am

Dauphin

avatar

Warren is the better Progressive Liberal Socialist. I've lost a lot of respect for Clinton since Obama's Primary run.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/26/14 11:35am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

lazycrockett said:

Hillary is more qualified to be president than probably any other candidate on the scene. Someone is trolling hard for a Sunday.

I do not agree and I am doing so respectfully without name-calling... I would respect you more if you did the same.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/26/14 11:36am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

daingermouz2020 said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I hope democrats learned their lesson on why they should look at a person's experience and not their gender or race. Hillary is not at all qualified to run a gas station much less be president.

Her heath and age (which was used against several republicans) are big issues.

Her lies and total disregard for the deaths at Benghazi!


Her idiotic "Don’t let anybody tell you that it’s corporations and businesses that create jobs."

She really has some major issues.


Im curious, What qualifications does Hillary Clinton need? And how many Presidents from 1945 to the present have been qualified in your opinion?

she should have experience running a government at the very least. At the very least a successful mayor of a large city or a successful Governor.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/26/14 3:19pm

treehouse

KoolEaze said:

Lo and behold, Obama shows up on the scene, promises hope and change, unites huge parts of society to the extent of getting the majority of the votes, and proving ( or so they say) that everybody has a chance to make it regardless of race and background.


Wasn't it Bill who called that stuff all a pipedream? He was being honest for a moment, and we should be honest here...Obama got elected with great speeches (the soaring rhetoric) about uniting the country, and then campaigned in a way that was entirely divisive, and demonizing. The unofficial campaign motto might as well have been "if you don't vote Obama, you're a racist who hates kittens".
I frankly think he exploited the race issues in a way that was masterful, and didn't shy away from the cultural war stuff. Even with Hillary, they didn't shy away from attacking her as a woman (and she exploited it too), and there was even that tit for tat over the voter rights during the debate.
In any case, I've never felt like the country was as dividided as it is now.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/26/14 3:25pm

treehouse

lazycrockett said:

Hillary is more qualified to be president than probably any other candidate on the scene. Someone is trolling hard for a Sunday.


Well she did get a law dregree, and she was a rising ranked attorney..she was a first lady and stood by her man.... she did write a book and give that one speech once....she did help start leftist think tank organizations with George Soros....and then somehow weasled her way into a Senate seat in a State she never lived in until she decided to run for the vacant seat.... and then became a Presidential candidate and lost to someone who she claimed really wasn't qualified... and then Secretary of State happened.... So um, she's done a lot, but is she qualified? I'd say she's more qualified now than when she ran the first time, but lord help us all if that's the best we got.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/26/14 8:19pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

lazycrockett said:

Hillary is more qualified to be president than probably any other candidate on the scene. Someone is trolling hard for a Sunday.

I do not agree and I am doing so respectfully without name-calling... I would respect you more if you did the same.

If you think Sarah Palin was more qualified to step into the Presidency than Hillary Clinton is ,then I suggest that you consult a neurosurgeon as soon as possible

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/27/14 4:05am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I do not agree and I am doing so respectfully without name-calling... I would respect you more if you did the same.

If you think Sarah Palin was more qualified to step into the Presidency than Hillary Clinton is ,then I suggest that you consult a neurosurgeon as soon as possible

did I say that? and again with the insults? really?

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/27/14 4:08am

hausofmoi7

avatar

Dr Jill Stein & Eugene Puryear 2016.

“It means finding the very human narrative of a man navigating between idealism and pragmatism, faith and politics, non- violence, the pitfalls of acclaim as the perils of rejection” - Lesley Hazleton on the first Muslim, the prophet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/27/14 4:35am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

hausofmoi7 said:

Dr Jill Stein & Eugene Puryear 2016.

that is a long shot! I hope they run! The Green Party has been a big help to the Republicans for many cycles.

I was once talking to a kid who was doing a report on the Presidential candidates for school (this was in 2000) and he wanted to be weird and not do Bush or Gore. So I suggested "Ralph Nader." I told him a little about who he was and he said "Will get get any votes." And I said "Well no electoral votes but just enough of the popular...." He asked what I meant and I said "Research Ross Perot in 1996 and how that altered the outcome..." He was pretty bight: he told me later he got a B on the report, he thinks because his prediction was that Nader would get just enough votes to give the election to Bush! haha! And that was before the election! Man I had forgotten about that! (it was of course not really the case but still)

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/27/14 5:35am

hausofmoi7

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

hausofmoi7 said:

Dr Jill Stein & Eugene Puryear 2016.

that is a long shot! I hope they run! The Green Party has been a big help to the Republicans for many cycles.

I was once talking to a kid who was doing a report on the Presidential candidates for school (this was in 2000) and he wanted to be weird and not do Bush or Gore. So I suggested "Ralph Nader." I told him a little about who he was and he said "Will get get any votes." And I said "Well no electoral votes but just enough of the popular...." He asked what I meant and I said "Research Ross Perot in 1996 and how that altered the outcome..." He was pretty bight: he told me later he got a B on the report, he thinks because his prediction was that Nader would get just enough votes to give the election to Bush! haha! And that was before the election! Man I had forgotten about that! (it was of course not really the case but still)

Who said anything about running on a green ticket?

"Occupy the Democratic party"

“It means finding the very human narrative of a man navigating between idealism and pragmatism, faith and politics, non- violence, the pitfalls of acclaim as the perils of rejection” - Lesley Hazleton on the first Muslim, the prophet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/27/14 5:43am

hausofmoi7

avatar

If Ron Paul could almost get the republican nomination then a Dr Jill Stein and Eugene Puryear ticket could happen.

Liberals are more open to radicals than conservatives, so if Ron could almost get the vote, this could actually happen.

“It means finding the very human narrative of a man navigating between idealism and pragmatism, faith and politics, non- violence, the pitfalls of acclaim as the perils of rejection” - Lesley Hazleton on the first Muslim, the prophet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/27/14 7:27am

jjhunsecker

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

jjhunsecker said:

If you think Sarah Palin was more qualified to step into the Presidency than Hillary Clinton is ,then I suggest that you consult a neurosurgeon as soon as possible

did I say that? and again with the insults? really?

If you question Hillary's qualifications, and not Sarah Palin's, then we will call your judgment into question. And lighten up and take a joke, will ya ??? Jeez...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/27/14 7:57am

13cjk13

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

did I say that? and again with the insults? really?

If you question Hillary's qualifications, and not Sarah Palin's, then we will call your judgment into question. And lighten up and take a joke, will ya ??? Jeez...

JJ, both trolls and condescending libertarians on their soapboxes find it hard to lighten up and take a joke lol

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/27/14 8:10am

treehouse

hausofmoi7 said:

Who said anything about running on a green ticket?

"Occupy the Democratic party"


The Democratic Party already is occupied. If it's not far Left and radical enough, you have other parties. Socialist Party and Green Party politics aren't suddenly going to appeal to the mainstream if you fly them under the Democrat banner. I don't think Ron Paul is ever getting a GOP nomination, btw.

[Edited 10/27/14 8:19am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/27/14 8:10am

treehouse

n/m

[Edited 10/27/14 8:17am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 10/27/14 8:31am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Let's assume Hillary Clinton wins in 2016, and is re-elected in 2020. That would mean the USA would go at least 16 years without a white male as president.

That vibration you just felt was The Illuminati shaking in its boots!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 10/27/14 9:15am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

daingermouz2020 said:

OnlyNDaUsa said: Im curious, What qualifications does Hillary Clinton need? And how many Presidents from 1945 to the present have been qualified in your opinion?

she should have experience running a government at the very least. At the very least a successful mayor of a large city or a successful Governor.

^ You didn't answer the whole question.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Will USA ever have a female president?