independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Not to be picky but...
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/29/12 5:09pm

noimageatall

avatar

Not to be picky but...

Okay I get that no one says much about what the POTUS wears and society really is biased when it comes to female fashion/ageism, etc...however???!!! confuse

This is Ann Romney appearing on the Tonight Show and all I can do is confuse

Can you imagine the field day FOX would have if Michelle walked onto the View in this outfit?? neutral

And I've read that on a website called MormonDiscussions.com, some members of the LDS church are concerned that she might not be wearing "garments." What do you all think? I mean, is it okay in a nightclub setting? Appropriate for a potential first lady? Trying too hard? Personally I think it's tacky and the shoes are too much. Separately I like them, but all together it's too much. Her hair looks great though!

"Let love be your perfect weapon..." ~~Andy Biersack
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/29/12 5:20pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

chell has worn crazy expensive clothing too... so what? the Rom's are not putting down the rich like the Ob's are. So no, there is not really any comparison.

and if she has on her garments or not is no one's concern. why is okay for the media to make fun of their relgion: one scum bag asked her to SHOW her garments. Now that is an outrage!

Yo! Sam 'Who's the Boss?'
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/29/12 5:47pm

noimageatall

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

chell has worn crazy expensive clothing too... so what? the Rom's are not putting down the rich like the Ob's are. So no, there is not really any comparison.

and if she has on her garments or not is no one's concern. why is okay for the media to make fun of their relgion: one scum bag asked her to SHOW her garments. Now that is an outrage!

I have no idea how much this outfit cost but it doesn't look expensive at all. shrug I think it looks cheap. If Michelle was wearing it I'd think the same thing.

And the comments about her 'garments' were from her own Mormon people. I have as much disdain for her religion as I do for any other that believes in aliens, blood laws, or makes up their own rules and laws as they go along. lol I also believe religion has zero place in politics.

BTW, did you get upset and post here about the media going after Obama being called a Muslim (as if that in itself is a bad thing) or attending Wright's church??? confuse

"Let love be your perfect weapon..." ~~Andy Biersack
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/29/12 5:53pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

noimageatall said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

chell has worn crazy expensive clothing too... so what? the Rom's are not putting down the rich like the Ob's are. So no, there is not really any comparison.

and if she has on her garments or not is no one's concern. why is okay for the media to make fun of their relgion: one scum bag asked her to SHOW her garments. Now that is an outrage!

I have no idea how much this outfit cost but it doesn't look expensive at all. shrug I think it looks cheap. If Michelle was wearing it I'd think the same thing.

And the comments about her 'garments' were from her own Mormon people. I have as much disdain for her religion as I do for any other that believes in aliens, blood laws, or makes up their own rules and laws as they go along. lol I also believe religion has zero place in politics.

BTW, did you get upset and post here about the media going after Obama being called a Muslim (as if that in itself is a bad thing) or attending Wright's church??? confuse

it was hillary that first made the muslium claims.... i do not see it as an attack, can you post ONE example of him being attacked or mocked over his faith?

Yo! Sam 'Who's the Boss?'
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/29/12 6:06pm

babynoz

Let's stay on the topic please people.

I'd say Mrs. Romney is trying to look young. The trick is looking youthful while making it seem that you're not trying which she already achieved with the hair and makeup.

The jacket wouldn've worked better with a regular pencil skirt especially with those shoes. Three ornate pieces is a bit much at her age IMO.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/29/12 6:37pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

babynoz said:

Let's stay on the topic please people.

I'd say Mrs. Romney is trying to look young. The trick is looking youthful while making it seem that you're not trying which she already achieved with the hair and makeup.

The jacket wouldn've worked better with a regular pencil skirt especially with those shoes. Three ornate pieces is a bit much at her age IMO.

so she has no fashion? and too old? really? I do not get why what she has on is grounds for attack?

Yo! Sam 'Who's the Boss?'
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/29/12 7:15pm

13cjk13

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

babynoz said:

Let's stay on the topic please people.

I'd say Mrs. Romney is trying to look young. The trick is looking youthful while making it seem that you're not trying which she already achieved with the hair and makeup.

The jacket wouldn've worked better with a regular pencil skirt especially with those shoes. Three ornate pieces is a bit much at her age IMO.

so she has no fashion? and too old? really? I do not get why what she has on is grounds for attack?

Everything she wears, does, and says is grounds for attack. biggrin It's time for the attacked to attack back. This Republican attack thing feels pretty good biggrin

"hey if you found out someone gave you a fake $20 would you be mad?"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/29/12 7:33pm

babynoz

OnlyNDaUsa said:

babynoz said:

Let's stay on the topic please people.

I'd say Mrs. Romney is trying to look young. The trick is looking youthful while making it seem that you're not trying which she already achieved with the hair and makeup.

The jacket wouldn've worked better with a regular pencil skirt especially with those shoes. Three ornate pieces is a bit much at her age IMO.

so she has no fashion? and too old? really? I do not get why what she has on is grounds for attack?

Where did I say she has no fashion...stop doing that. At your age you should know that women tend to scrutinize each other much moreso than men. It's what we do and critique is a more accurate term for it.

The info that Noim posted about the temple garment came from a Mormon website so you may want to register your complaint about attacks over there.

FYI, I also did not call her too old so you can stop lying about that too. Most people reconize that there is a middle ground between young and old unless they're deliberately trying to be either combative or obtuse.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/29/12 7:51pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

babynoz said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

so she has no fashion? and too old? really? I do not get why what she has on is grounds for attack?

Where did I say she has no fashion...stop doing that. At your age you should know that women tend to scrutinize each other much moreso than men. It's what we do and critique is a more accurate term for it.

The info that Noim posted about the temple garment came from a Mormon website so you may want to register your complaint about attacks over there.

FYI, I also did not call her too old so you can stop lying about that too. Most people reconize that there is a middle ground between young and old unless they're deliberately trying to be either combative or obtuse.

I was asking clearflying questions. nothing more. there was NO implied anything in any of them.

Yo! Sam 'Who's the Boss?'
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/29/12 8:03pm

babynoz

OnlyNDaUsa said:

babynoz said:

Where did I say she has no fashion...stop doing that. At your age you should know that women tend to scrutinize each other much moreso than men. It's what we do and critique is a more accurate term for it.

The info that Noim posted about the temple garment came from a Mormon website so you may want to register your complaint about attacks over there.

FYI, I also did not call her too old so you can stop lying about that too. Most people reconize that there is a middle ground between young and old unless they're deliberately trying to be either combative or obtuse.

I was asking clearflying questions. nothing more. there was NO implied anything in any of them.

Fair enough, although I had already remarked that she achieved the youthful look with the hair and makeup. She looks nowhere near 62.

I just agree with Noim that the jacket and the skirt and the shoes combined is a little too much going on.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/29/12 8:13pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

babynoz said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I was asking clearflying questions. nothing more. there was NO implied anything in any of them.

Fair enough, although I had already remarked that she achieved the youthful look with the hair and makeup. She looks nowhere near 62.

she is 62? nice!

I just agree with Noim that the jacket and the skirt and the shoes combined is a little too much going on.

yeah i do not like it much, that layered look... looks like scales.... but not something I would notice if it was not mentioned.

Yo! Sam 'Who's the Boss?'
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/29/12 8:56pm

lazycrockett

avatar

The Most Important Thing In Life Is Sincerity....Once You Can Fake That, You Can Fake Anything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/29/12 9:10pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

babynoz said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I was asking clearflying questions. nothing more. there was NO implied anything in any of them.

Fair enough, although I had already remarked that she achieved the youthful look with the hair and makeup. She looks nowhere near 62.

I just agree with Noim that the jacket and the skirt and the shoes combined is a little too much going on.

I;m sure she paid enough to surgeons and for hair dye to NOT LOOK 62

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/29/12 9:18pm

prittypriss

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...le_garment

These are the "garments" the Mormon's are talking about. She is supposed to be wearing them at all times.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/30/12 7:42am

cborgman

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

noimageatall said:

I have no idea how much this outfit cost but it doesn't look expensive at all. shrug I think it looks cheap. If Michelle was wearing it I'd think the same thing.

And the comments about her 'garments' were from her own Mormon people. I have as much disdain for her religion as I do for any other that believes in aliens, blood laws, or makes up their own rules and laws as they go along. lol I also believe religion has zero place in politics.

BTW, did you get upset and post here about the media going after Obama being called a Muslim (as if that in itself is a bad thing) or attending Wright's church??? confuse

it was hillary that first made the muslium claims.... i do not see it as an attack, can you post ONE example of him being attacked or mocked over his faith?

no, it wasnt.

CNN debunks false report about Obama

1/22/07

http://articles.cnn.com/2...M:POLITICS

Insight attributed the information in its article to an unnamed source, who said it was discovered by "researchers connected to Senator Clinton." A spokesman for Clinton, who is also weighing a White House bid, denied that the campaign was the source of the Obama claim.

He called the story "an obvious right-wing hit job."

The Insight article was cited several times Friday on Fox News and was also referenced by the New York Post, The Glenn Beck program on CNN Headline News and a number of political blogs.

bye felicia!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/30/12 7:49am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

cborgman said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

no, it wasnt.

CNN debunks false report about Obama

1/22/07

http://articles.cnn.com/2...M:POLITICS

Insight attributed the information in its article to an unnamed source, who said it was discovered by "researchers connected to Senator Clinton." A spokesman for Clinton, who is also weighing a White House bid, denied that the campaign was the source of the Obama claim.

He called the story "an obvious right-wing hit job."

The Insight article was cited several times Friday on Fox News and was also referenced by the New York Post, The Glenn Beck program on CNN Headline News and a number of political blogs.

so hillary says "it wasn't me" and you acept that? LOL like when she called the monica lewinsky "a vast right- wing conspiracy" I bet you belive that too!

Yo! Sam 'Who's the Boss?'
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/30/12 7:52am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

prittypriss said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...le_garment

These are the "garments" the Mormon's are talking about. She is supposed to be wearing them at all times.

looks like she could have them on, but no one other than a Mormon should mention them at all. it is being used as a slur against them. The recent network story on the faith was a hit piece. The slim asked the lady to show her garments.

Yo! Sam 'Who's the Boss?'
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/30/12 10:25am

cborgman

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:



cborgman said:




OnlyNDaUsa said:



no, it wasnt.



CNN debunks false report about Obama


1/22/07


http://articles.cnn.com/2...M:POLITICS




Insight attributed the information in its article to an unnamed source, who said it was discovered by "researchers connected to Senator Clinton." A spokesman for Clinton, who is also weighing a White House bid, denied that the campaign was the source of the Obama claim.



He called the story "an obvious right-wing hit job."



The Insight article was cited several times Friday on Fox News and was also referenced by the New York Post, The Glenn Beck program on CNN Headline News and a number of political blogs.





so hillary says "it wasn't me" and you acept that? LOL like when she called the monica lewinsky "a vast right- wing conspiracy" I bet you belive that too!



and you are basing your statement that it was hillary on... what more substantial evidence, exactly?
bye felicia!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/30/12 10:29am

cborgman

avatar

not to mention that "In December 2007 the Hillary Clinton campaign asked a volunteer county coordinator to step down after she forwarded an e-mail message which repeated the false rumor that Obama was Muslim."

hardly sounds like the work of someone who is making the claims.

http://www.washingtonpost...id=topnews

and here is a washington post article that traces the muslim rumor back to its origin in 2004, loooong before the 2008 presidential run.

as usual, your "facts" are nothing more than two heaping handfulls of horseshit, only
[Edited 9/30/12 10:42am]
bye felicia!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/30/12 12:00pm

noimageatall

avatar

lazycrockett said:

yeahthat shrug

"Let love be your perfect weapon..." ~~Andy Biersack
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/30/12 12:10pm

cborgman

avatar

honestly, i think discussing the first lady's (or in this case potential FL) wardrobe is silly and meaningless, but...

as a project runway fan, it looks like someone took plastic tablecloth covers and made them into a skirt a la PR's 99 cent store material challenge
bye felicia!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/30/12 12:20pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

cborgman said:

honestly, i think discussing the first lady's (or in this case potential FL) wardrobe is silly and meaningless, but... as a project runway fan, it looks like someone took plastic tablecloth covers and made them into a skirt a la PR's 99 cent store material challenge

lol as someone often forced to watch that show I have to agree.

Yo! Sam 'Who's the Boss?'
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/30/12 3:09pm

babynoz

OnlyNDaUsa said:

cborgman said:

honestly, i think discussing the first lady's (or in this case potential FL) wardrobe is silly and meaningless, but... as a project runway fan, it looks like someone took plastic tablecloth covers and made them into a skirt a la PR's 99 cent store material challenge

lol as someone often forced to watch that show I have to agree.

Oh stoppit you two...y'all know that we ladies like doing the fashion critique thingy sometimes. chair

Chris... poke

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/30/12 7:55pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

lazycrockett said:

yeahthat I think her bracelet quite lovely, though. shrug

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/30/12 9:25pm

lazycrockett

avatar

^But that would be from the Piperlime wall of accessories. biggrin

The Most Important Thing In Life Is Sincerity....Once You Can Fake That, You Can Fake Anything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/01/12 1:06am

cborgman

avatar

babynoz said:



OnlyNDaUsa said:




cborgman said:


honestly, i think discussing the first lady's (or in this case potential FL) wardrobe is silly and meaningless, but... as a project runway fan, it looks like someone took plastic tablecloth covers and made them into a skirt a la PR's 99 cent store material challenge



lol as someone often forced to watch that show I have to agree.




Oh stoppit you two...y'all know that we ladies like doing the fashion critique thingy sometimes. chair



Chris... poke




wink
bye felicia!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/01/12 1:08am

cborgman

avatar

lazycrockett said:

^But that would be from the Piperlime wall of accessories. biggrin


lol

Eeexactly
bye felicia!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/01/12 10:20am

vainandy

avatar

The skirt would look better if it were an actual dress instead of just a skirt. Get rid of the shirt and vest. It needs to be an actual dress held up with straps with lots of cleavage showing. It also needs to be shorter and put on some fishnet stockings and garters and maybe a waist length fur.

Andy is a four letter word.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 10/01/12 11:10am

Musicslave

vainandy said:

The skirt would look better if it were an actual dress instead of just a skirt. Get rid of the shirt and vest. It needs to be an actual dress held up with straps with lots of cleavage showing. It also needs to be shorter and put on some fishnet stockings and garters and maybe a waist length fur.

lol Hilarious!!!! I couldn't even begin to imagine Ann Romney in something like that.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 10/01/12 1:15pm

Ifsixwuz9

avatar

lazycrockett said:

::::de-lurking:::: falloff And that sums this outfit up.

lurking

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll play it first and tell you what it is later.
-Miles Davis-
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Not to be picky but...