independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > The Book of Boba Fett - Official Org SpoilerThread™
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 01/20/22 6:19pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

I liked the flashback, and sorta expected one. There had to be one to show how Boba and Fennec ended up together.

At least the flashback wasn't the whole episode. It did eventually go back to the present.

The Sarlacc seemed pretty strong to hold a ship in place. But - it certainly had heartburn after that encounter.

A couple of echos I noticed:

-The droid in the kitchen with all the arms and knives was very reminiscent of General Grevious in Sith. The other droid was in one of the movies, working with the Jawas I beileve.

-Slave I going into the Sarlacc pit was very much like the Millennium Falcon landing on an asteroid, only to find out they were in the throat of some beast, before quickly escaping.

-Took me a minute to realize the bacta tank was the same contraption Skywalker was in after he got space-frostbite in Empire.


It's sorta cool to see where some of the beings from the original trilogy ended up right after the fall of the Empire.

Jennifer Beals is still gorgeous, even as a Twi'lek.

I noticed they have leeks in the long-ago-past-but-somehow-in-the-future.

It seems that this has to have a Mandalorian moment, since he showed up and got his armor in that series. And he's searching for this armor in this episode. It would be logical to have it reflect, since these series both run side by side immediately after Jedi.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 01/21/22 7:13pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

I'm enjoying this. I never saw the mandalorian, i see Ming-Na was there.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 01/22/22 12:21pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

I'm enjoying this. I never saw The Mandalorian, i see Ming-Na was there.


You should. These two shows take place shortly after Return of the Jedi, and run along side each other in the timeline. They happen at the same time, just in different areas.

Boba's in The Mandalorian, too, so his story is more full if you see it.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 01/22/22 7:55pm

lust

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

I liked the flashback, and sorta expected one. There had to be one to show how Boba and Fennec ended up together.

At least the flashback wasn't the whole episode. It did eventually go back to the present.

The Sarlacc seemed pretty strong to hold a ship in place. But - it certainly had heartburn after that encounter.

A couple of echos I noticed:

-The droid in the kitchen with all the arms and knives was very reminiscent of General Grevious in Sith. The other droid was in one of the movies, working with the Jawas I beileve.


-Slave I going into the Sarlacc pit was very much like the Millennium Falcon landing on an asteroid, only to find out they were in the throat of some beast, before quickly escaping.


-Took me a minute to realize the bacta tank was the same contraption Skywalker was in after he got space-frostbite in Empire.



It's sorta cool to see where some of the beings from the original trilogy ended up right after the fall of the Empire.

Jennifer Beals is still gorgeous, even as a Twi'lek.

I noticed they have leeks in the long-ago-past-but-somehow-in-the-future.

It seems that this has to have a Mandalorian moment, since he showed up and got his armor in that series. And he's searching for this armor in this episode. It would be logical to have it reflect, since these series both run side by side immediately after Jedi.




This last episode ended with the Mando music as a final motif which strongly hints at exactly this.
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 01/26/22 4:53am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Well, as cool as some of this ep was, seems to be filler.... some of the humor and call backs were cool and that droid was so cool to see! (yes I know where it came from).


And then it teased another similar ep next week?

With 2 epidods to go...seems like the end game is clear...

"Keep on shilling for Big Pharm!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 01/26/22 11:10am

nayroo2002

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Well, as cool as some of this ep was, seems to be filler.... some of the humor and call backs were cool and that droid was so cool to see! (yes I know where it came from).


And then it teased another similar ep next week?

With 2 epidods to go...seems like the end game is clear...

This is all you took out of "The Return Of The Mandalorian"???

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 01/26/22 11:26am

onlyforaminute

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:



onlyforaminute said:


I'm enjoying this. I never saw The Mandalorian, i see Ming-Na was there.


You should. These two shows take place shortly after Return of the Jedi, and run along side each other in the timeline. They happen at the same time, just in different areas.

Boba's in The Mandalorian, too, so his story is more full if you see it.


I'm watching it a bit now, falling for the same obsession over baby yoda.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 01/26/22 1:13pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

nayroo2002 said:



OnlyNDaUsa said:


Well, as cool as some of this ep was, seems to be filler.... some of the humor and call backs were cool and that droid was so cool to see! (yes I know where it came from).


And then it teased another similar ep next week?

With 2 epidods to go...seems like the end game is clear...



This is all you took out of "The Return Of The Mandalorian"???




No but it was early and I have job maybe more later?
"Keep on shilling for Big Pharm!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 01/28/22 8:54am

onlyforaminute

avatar

I'm stuck on the flare at night in boba fett vs how the event took place in the mandalorian
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 01/28/22 9:59am

nayroo2002

avatar

This Boba series takes place AFTER the Mando series.

Dunno what Ernest was on about...

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 01/28/22 11:00am

onlyforaminute

avatar

nayroo2002 said:

This Boba series takes place AFTER the Mando series.


Dunno what Ernest was on about...


The 2 flashbacks on Fennec when she was shot in the stomach. Boba saw a flare at night go up which lead him to her at night. In the Mandalorian we saw how she was shot during the day and he found her in the day.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 01/28/22 1:26pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

nayroo2002 said:

This Boba series takes place AFTER the Mando series.

Dunno what Ernest was on about...


Yeah, just referencing Jon Favreau. He probably has no idea what he's talking about.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 01/28/22 1:36pm

nayroo2002

avatar

"Is Boba Fett before or after Mandalorian?
Here's how that shakes out: The “present” of Boba Fett — when Fett and Fennec Shand are trying to take over a crime empire — happens in roughly 9ABY, about five years after Return of the Jedi. This is right after the events of The Mandalorian Season "
"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 01/28/22 3:44pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

I really enjoyed this week's episode. it wasn't filler for me at all. Clearly, these stories are happening around the same period, in general. It's sorta easy to forget that Boba Fett is, in fact, a Mandalorian or closely connected to them, and that he could know Din Djarin.

I kind of enjoyed the sidetracking in this episode. I also enjoy the echos of past shows or movies. George Lucas always said that his stories were supposed to echo each other, like the verses of a song (which is either very original or very unoriginal). It's sorta like the "I've got a bad feeling about this" moment, or "Come with me if you want to live" from Terminator series. Whether it's Fett strangling the sand creature in the desert a la Leia killing Jabba, or otherwise, I like that it echos past stuff. It doesn't feel repetitive. Just gives the whole thing provenance and agency.

If The Mandalorian is any indication, the final episode could be epic in its own way. There are only two more episodes. (Which is good timing since Discovery, Picard, and The Orville are starting up (again) soon.)

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 01/29/22 5:33am

onlyforaminute

avatar

I love the tie in between the 2 shows regarding boba fett's suit.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 01/29/22 9:42am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

So I stand by that this ep was 90% filler... Yes it may have some pay out in the last 2 eps but most of it was not at all necessary to the Book... it was basically a Mando episode... so yeah it was a fine episode ...of the Mandalorian... but crap Book of...

I did like the stuff in the meat locker as it is a call back to gangster trope... the line abut warm or cold was cool...

Him hurting himself with the saber was cool. (was that bacta spray they used on him?)

I am sure the dispute over the dark saber and that other mando will be important to season 3...

the bit of putting all the weapons in the crate was funny and reminded me of the Mad Max 3 (which I am sure was itself a throw back to some old western) but how did he get there with the head?

seeing the BD uinit was cool (yes I played that game to 100%)

an N1 seems impractical for a bounty Hunter but I guess he can use the droid port (with a bubble) for that?

the beggers canyon was fine but seems an uneccessary risky way to conduct a flight test....


over all a fine episode...jusy not a book of boba fett episode.

"Keep on shilling for Big Pharm!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 01/29/22 3:08pm

nayroo2002

avatar

Boba needs muscle.

Fennec knows where to get that muscle.

The folks that never saw "The Mandalorian", but are now watching "The Book of Boba Fett",

get a glimpse of what Mando is and see the connection.

Then, those people watch "The Mandalorian".

Then, probably rewatch Star Wars, etc.

It's a viscious marketing scheme lol

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 01/29/22 5:59pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

nayroo2002 said:

Boba needs muscle.


Fennec knows where to get that muscle.


The folks that never saw "The Mandalorian", but are now watching "The Book of Boba Fett",


get a glimpse of what Mando is and see the connection.


Then, those people watch "The Mandalorian".


Then, probably rewatch Star Wars, etc.


It's a viscious marketing scheme lol



Yeah I bet they start making toys and video games too..


But part of my problem is that the muscle happens to come to them....
"Keep on shilling for Big Pharm!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 02/02/22 3:59am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Wow wee Waa! no direct spoulers just yet...

So yeah another heavy Mano centric ep but it was good and the big cameo! I struggled wih it. But I think it will lead to something much larger. (maybe a series will be annoubced at the end)


Ohhh wow wow (I am still watching it) the person walking up! no way!


And I saw that coming just befor...

so it should set things up for a big finish... Maybe the choice will lead to unexpected help?


[Edited 2/2/22 4:11am]

[Edited 2/2/22 4:26am]

"Keep on shilling for Big Pharm!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 02/02/22 1:17pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

I am wondering why they're telling so much of the mandalorian storyline in boba fett.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 02/02/22 9:36pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

I am wondering why they're telling so much of the mandalorian storyline in boba fett.


Really??? Feels obvious to me.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 02/02/22 9:58pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Well, this is by far my favorite episode of Boba Fett. I love the continuing Skywalker story (and the face CGI was so much better). I loved the circling back to the Marshall, although he died.

I thought the whole episode did a lot to start more connections with both shows, show a bit of Skywalker's path, and establish new things to come.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 02/03/22 8:21am

nayroo2002

avatar

Ooooohhhhhh!!!!

What's the Child gonna choose???

Protection or Weapon???

Inquiring Jedis & Mandalorians wanna know!

Tune in next week...

Same Boba-time, same Fett-channel!!!

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 02/03/22 10:03am

onlyforaminute

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:



onlyforaminute said:


I am wondering why they're telling so much of the mandalorian storyline in boba fett.


Really??? Feels obvious to me.


I dun't know. One minute it's a completely different timeline, now they seem to be merging into each other.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 02/03/22 11:28am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

Well, this is by far my favorite episode of Boba Fett. I love the continuing Skywalker story (and the face CGI was so much better). I loved the circling back to the Marshall, although he died.

I thought the whole episode did a lot to start more connections with both shows, show a bit of Skywalker's path, and establish new things to come.

the Marshall is not dead

"Keep on shilling for Big Pharm!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 02/03/22 2:06pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

The half flashback, half present episodes made it a bit hard to figure out where the show was going. Then it switched to the Mandalorian and Luke's Jedi academy eek well not really.

I want to guess Mandalorian session 3 will pick up where this show ends.
Mando and Bobba teaming up. Grogu will choose the armour over the light saber. We know Kilo Ren destroyed the Jedi academy, it suck if Grogu was there when it happened.

The younger Luke face cgi definitely looks better than on the Mandalorian.

I recognized the space cowboy when they showed his silhouette. Cad Bane! Hes a bounty hunter. I dont know much but hes was in one of the cartoons and mobile game.

I'm still waiting on Grogu first words to be Mando.

It looked like Marshall was shot in the shoulder or arm? I dont think hes dead.

Of course I loved this episode
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 02/03/22 2:43pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

By the way, there were some great mirror moments, like Luke carrying Grogu on his back, hiking thru the forest, like he did Yoda.

Also, Luke making all the frogs come up out of the swamp reminded me of Yoda pulling Luke's X-wing out of the Dagobah swamp.

I see R2 is still snarky and full of attitude.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 02/09/22 4:43am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

It was an acceptable acceptable finale... and a short mid credit bit....being used indeed!




"Keep on shilling for Big Pharm!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 02/09/22 12:00pm

nayroo2002

avatar

i just realized that within the theme song, the words "Boba" and "Fett" are acoustically sung lol

Tune in next time for "The Crazy-ass Adventures of Mando & The Kid"

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 02/09/22 9:39pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

I really enjoyed the finale.

One thing that stuck me out was when the Rancor was about to rip a Droidekas in half and Boba said, "Do it!" The same thing happened when Anakin had Dooku on his knees, between two light sabers. Palpatine said "do it" and Anakin beheaded Dooku. That was a big easter egg to me.

The story was really good, though. The whole thing with Mandalorian and Boba coming together felt good and right. Grogu kinda helping out felt good, too. And frankly, it echoed back to Yoda's fight with Dooku and his general badassery in Episode II and III.

The battle was epic, the Rancor being in there going from Godzilla to sleeping kitten was fun.

I did notice "Boba" and "Fett" in the theme song.

It was good to see the Cobb Vanth recovering, although I don't know what the dude was doing with the fancy lighter. It felt sinister. Am I missing something there?
We kinda knew Cad Bane wasn't going to make it. The character is just scary and creepy, but you do need that in a show.


I thought it was sorta interesting to see that the Hutts didn't show up any more. People thought they'd come back or something, but they seemed to just disappear and stuck to their deal. Allegedly.

It's interesting that Grogu chose the protection and was wearing it. I'm trying to put all that together. Why didn't he stick with Skywalker, and why was it such a big ass decision to choose Skywalker or the Mandalorian in the last episode? He's got to show up in Ahsoka's show or something.

Ahsoka is supposed to be filming now, but no sure of a premiere date. THey noted that these shows would all culimnate in a "climactic story event". So maybe the Grogu thing will be answered in that, as well as other questions.

Oddly, Rangers of the New Republic seems to be on hold and isn't fully developed. So I don't know if this big story even is going to be worked into the three (or almost three) existing series, or we'll just have to wait until Rangers comes out to see it all (whatever it is) come together.

I think we'll probably get another Mandalorian then Ahsoka after that.

There's also The Acolyte which doesn't start filming until this summer.


Anyway, the finale was really fucking cool. I'm glad it was a full hour.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > The Book of Boba Fett - Official Org SpoilerThread™