independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > For those who are thinking of deleting their Facebook
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/01/21 7:01pm

Phase3

For those who are thinking of deleting their Facebook

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/03/21 2:15pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 12/03/21 2:42pm

Phase3

TrivialPursuit said:


Thanks for the "Carmen Electra files for divorce" link
That's a good bftp
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 12/03/21 4:12pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Phase3 said:

TrivialPursuit said:

Here's a very good thread in process about it. https://prince.org/msg/100/468056

Thanks for the "Carmen Electra files for divorce" link That's a good bftp


It worked for me.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 12/31/21 5:18pm

psychodelicide

avatar

Phase3 said:

https://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/7-reasons-why-quitting-facebook-now-good-for-your-future.html

Very good points


I agree with all of the points mentioned in this article, they are spot on! I deleted my Facebook page a month ago, and I am so glad that I did. I don't even miss it, to be honest.
RIP, Prince. A legend has left us, and you will be forever missed. cry

"She probably found her vagina". lol
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 12/31/21 5:20pm

psychodelicide

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:



Thanks!
RIP, Prince. A legend has left us, and you will be forever missed. cry

"She probably found her vagina". lol
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/04/22 4:36pm

Milty2

Do it. I deleted mine in May 2020 and I'm glad I did. I heard that the rage and toxicity during the year was off the charts. FB has run its course; it's not useful anymore.

Maybe this is what Prince meant when he said,"the internet is dead".

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/05/22 2:57pm

alphastreet

I’m thinking of cutting back on posting for a bit. I mean I like compliments for what I share, but at one point I was over sharing and wondered if people secretly found me annoying.
[Edited 1/5/22 14:58pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/06/22 10:28pm

SoulAlive

although I'm not thrilled with FB like I used to be,I still like being able to communicate with all my friends and family in one place.And there are some terrific discussion groups on FB that I enjoy.I don't think I could ever delete it.

.

[Edited 1/6/22 22:36pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/08/22 8:05am

DaveT

avatar

I get the downsides of Facebook, and there are plenty ... but it works for me. I've got just 50 close friends and family on there and its great for keeping in touch and sharing little things with those I can't see in the flesh as much as I'd like.

The big bonus though is Facebay for the sales and wants. Now Ebay has gone to the dogs (everyone thinks they know what everything is worth on there so there are zero bargains to be had on there anymore, and the Ebay fees are a piss take when selling) Facebay is great for picking up bargains in the local area!

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/08/22 2:41pm

Phase3

SoulAlive said:

although I'm not thrilled with FB like I used to be,I still like being able to communicate with all my friends and family in one place.And there are some terrific discussion groups on FB that I enjoy.I don't think I could ever delete it.



.

[Edited 1/6/22 22:36pm]


I understand and that is great for you
But I just don't see why I should have a Facebook.Anyone who really cares to talk to you can just call you or text you
I would rather do something more productive that scroll through Facebook and seeing stuff like
What people had for supper
Drama about who is sleeping with who
Or pictures of your friends kids or somebody you never met and probably never will meet requesting to be your friend

I'm over it and I see why prince didn't have a fb and chose twitter
[Edited 1/8/22 14:42pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/08/22 6:34pm

Milty2

Phase3 said:

SoulAlive said:

although I'm not thrilled with FB like I used to be,I still like being able to communicate with all my friends and family in one place.And there are some terrific discussion groups on FB that I enjoy.I don't think I could ever delete it.

.

[Edited 1/6/22 22:36pm]

I understand and that is great for you But I just don't see why I should have a Facebook.Anyone who really cares to talk to you can just call you or text you I would rather do something more productive that scroll through Facebook and seeing stuff like What people had for supper Drama about who is sleeping with who Or pictures of your friends kids or somebody you never met and probably never will meet requesting to be your friend I'm over it and I see why prince didn't have a fb and chose twitter [Edited 1/8/22 14:42pm]

Co-sign. Also, I found the majority of FB context was just one giant complaint depository.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/10/22 12:20pm

SoulAlive

another cool thing about Facebook.It's a great way to keep in touch with your favorite artists and bands."Fan clubs" are a thing of the past.Communicating with them directly on FB is the way it's done now.Most of my favorite artists are very active on FB.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/10/22 12:22pm

alphastreet

SoulAlive said:

another cool thing about Facebook.It's a great way to keep in touch with your favorite artists and bands."Fan clubs" are a thing of the past.Communicating with them directly on FB is the way it's done now.Most of my favorite artists are very active on FB.



That’s how I feel about Instagram. I’ve communicated with chilli and Jody watley on there
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/11/22 5:15pm

RufusRawfield

avatar

Facebook kinda aight if you into politics and memes and funny videos but these days it´s mostly old folks there who think they´re voice matters but I just use it to find neglected housewives ha ha they so lonely and we kinda exchange messages and chat sexxxy when they husbands at work and sometimes meet over a cup of coffee and then my bedroom is the place to be but the problem is that my bedroom used to look a bit messy lately but it´s kinda aight now. So next weekend it´s on.

But yeah, Facebook is more for 45 crowd or ladies pushing 50 but thats aight cuz they got nuttin to lose and they kinda kinky and down for whatever. Unlike those political chicks on Twitter or arrogant beach chicks on Instagram. Facebook 50 plus chicks kinda got that sexxxy, near desperate horniness and they more open. Never would delete my Facebook account. It´s better than tinder because it´s less obvious hah ha ha . lol lol

I've dated outside of my race and I discovered that Good Pussy is Good Pussy and Good Booty is Good Booty regardless of ethnicity...I don't have a Fetish for only Big White Tits, Big White Butts or Phat White Pussy.(chancellor) smile wise man !
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/11/22 5:18pm

RufusRawfield

avatar

alphastreet said:

SoulAlive said:

another cool thing about Facebook.It's a great way to keep in touch with your favorite artists and bands."Fan clubs" are a thing of the past.Communicating with them directly on FB is the way it's done now.Most of my favorite artists are very active on FB.

That’s how I feel about Instagram. I’ve communicated with chilli and Jody watley on there

Jody she still sexxxy but she never replies on Facebook. Didn´tknow she s on Insta so thank you I might give it a try there.

She kinda hot in those videos with Andre Cymone on the bongos and that video where he sitting in his car with them big ass cowboy boots but it´s aight cause it was the 80s.

I've dated outside of my race and I discovered that Good Pussy is Good Pussy and Good Booty is Good Booty regardless of ethnicity...I don't have a Fetish for only Big White Tits, Big White Butts or Phat White Pussy.(chancellor) smile wise man !
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/12/22 4:57pm

S2DG

RufusRawfield said:

Facebook kinda aight if you into politics and memes and funny videos but these days it´s mostly old folks there who think they´re voice matters but I just use it to find neglected housewives ha ha they so lonely and we kinda exchange messages and chat sexxxy when they husbands at work and sometimes meet over a cup of coffee and then my bedroom is the place to be but the problem is that my bedroom used to look a bit messy lately but it´s kinda aight now. So next weekend it´s on.

But yeah, Facebook is more for 45 crowd or ladies pushing 50 but thats aight cuz they got nuttin to lose and they kinda kinky and down for whatever. Unlike those political chicks on Twitter or arrogant beach chicks on Instagram. Facebook 50 plus chicks kinda got that sexxxy, near desperate horniness and they more open. Never would delete my Facebook account. It´s better than tinder because it´s less obvious hah ha ha . lol lol



falloff

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > For those who are thinking of deleting their Facebook