independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > I guess we are not suppose to have a problem with phones spying on us
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/14/21 8:17pm

Phase3

I guess we are not suppose to have a problem with phones spying on us

I have heard for a long time that people were saying on us through smart phones but always looked the other way and just thought it was crazy conspiracies.But the other day,my friend and I were discussing a hilarious scene from a movie.The very next day I looked on YouTube and that very scene we were discussing was in my top recommendations.Now I can understand it being in my top if I had in fact searched for that scene or any scene from that film but I didn't.
Maybe I am being paranoid and this is a coincidences?
If they are indeed spying on us then they are wrong to do and why would they be doing it?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/14/21 9:40pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

Funny, sometimes coworkers play music on youtube at work. Anywho 1 day he was like "I swear YouTube is listening to me, I was talking about this song and then it comes on"

Probably a coincidence.
Personaly I cant recall it ever recommending something I talked about.

If my phone was tapped they would be bored with what they find or hear lol
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/15/21 8:13am

nayroo2002

avatar

OF COURSE they are tapped into you!

You willingly put "a microchip in yo' neck"

lol

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/15/21 9:57am

alphastreet

I think YouTube ads do that too. I was reading about addiction and then started getting ads for quitting smoking though I don’t even smoke
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/15/21 2:13pm

Phase3

nayroo2002 said:

OF COURSE they are tapped into you!


You willingly put "a microchip in yo' neck"


lol


Don't forget about the chemtrails
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/15/21 3:52pm

XxAxX

avatar

no you aren't paranoid. along with your location being tracked, that phone is listening in on your conversations. be sure to deactivate Google's microphone from 'on' to 'off'.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/16/21 6:18am

nayroo2002

avatar

XxAxX said:

no you aren't paranoid. along with your location being tracked, that phone is listening in on your conversations. be sure to deactivate Google's microphone from 'on' to 'off'.

...and put a band-aid over your laptop camera!

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/16/21 6:56am

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

Yeah, a lot of that stuff is in the settings. First thing you should do when you get a new device is go to the settings and turn off what you like--it's pretty much all on by default. Plus it will save you battery.

And it's not so much B1gBr0ther sitting around in a van monitoring as it is algorithms detecting keywords and generating ads/links.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/16/21 7:41am

paisleypark4

avatar

When you allow the microphone to be used on your phone, it will record all of that into you algorythms

Straight Jacket Funk Affair
Album plays and love for vinyl records.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/16/21 12:37pm

nayroo2002

avatar

WhisperingDandelions said:

Yeah, a lot of that stuff is in the settings. First thing you should do when you get a new device is go to the settings and turn off what you like--it's pretty much all on by default. Plus it will save you battery.

And it's not so much B1gBr0ther sitting around in a van monitoring as it is algorithms detecting keywords and generating ads/links.

yes, it is, whispering dandi lions.

But, rather A.I. monitoring your faves.

OH, look!

Another 5G provider giving you the latest smartphone tech for free and disposing of your your old and obsolite!

YOU: "Yes, Please!!!"

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/16/21 4:55pm

Phase3

Just turned off my location and voice through my Google account
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/16/21 8:25pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

nayroo2002 said:

WhisperingDandelions said:

Yeah, a lot of that stuff is in the settings. First thing you should do when you get a new device is go to the settings and turn off what you like--it's pretty much all on by default. Plus it will save you battery.

And it's not so much B1gBr0ther sitting around in a van monitoring as it is algorithms detecting keywords and generating ads/links.

yes, it is, whispering dandi lions.

But, rather A.I. monitoring your faves.

OH, look!

Another 5G provider giving you the latest smartphone tech for free and disposing of your your old and obsolite!

YOU: "Yes, Please!!!"

My phone is from like 2014, every setting turned off including ringer/mobile/bluetooth/everything off. Desktop + private browsing windows are order of tehday.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > I guess we are not suppose to have a problem with phones spying on us