independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Out of business food chain you wish would come back
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/07/21 3:48pm

kpowers

avatar

Out of business food chain you wish would come back

e9bc8e3d665cf8476d4b25a1b2314b99.jpg

What's your pick?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/07/21 5:37pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/07/21 8:06pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

The (Real) Mrs. Fields Cookies
H. Salt Fish & Chips
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/10/21 3:54am

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

Whatever Happened to Kenny Rogers Roasters Chicken Chain?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/10/21 3:57am

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

Never tried Howard Johnson's but the name is familiar. Any org'ers with reviews? Where did it rank compared to say a Sizzler or Applebee's?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/11/21 8:45am

whodknee

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

The (Real) Mrs. Fields Cookies H. Salt Fish & Chips

We still have H. Salt Fish & Chips here in California.

Farrell's was a good one. I miss Shakey's Pizza and Doggie Diner.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/11/21 1:47pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

whodknee said:



onlyforaminute said:


The (Real) Mrs. Fields Cookies H. Salt Fish & Chips


We still have H. Salt Fish & Chips here in California.



Farrell's was a good one. I miss Shakey's Pizza and Doggie Diner.


Must be the last one in Cali. The building the one I grew up going to is still there, it's been so many restaurants over the years. There's a fish place I go to that's very similar, it's an independent business.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/11/21 3:08pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

There used to be a place called Wonder Burger right beside my school. I was in there every day for my lunch. It was a complete and utter kip. The staff were rude, the food was horrible and the whole place smelled like old grease. I loved it. It was shit down years ago and replaced with a McDonald's. The food is just as bad but the charm is gone.




Just editing to explain that "kip" is slang for a dirty or rough type of place. Just in case anyone here is not familiar with Dublin slang razz
[Edited 11/11/21 15:09pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/11/21 3:14pm

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

There used to be a place called Wonder Burger right beside my school. I was in there every day for my lunch. It was a complete and utter kip. The staff were rude, the food was horrible and the whole place smelled like old grease. I loved it. It was shit down years ago and replaced with a McDonald's. The food is just as bad but the charm is gone. Just editing to explain that "kip" is slang for a dirty or rough type of place. Just in case anyone here is not familiar with Dublin slang razz [Edited 11/11/21 15:09pm]

shocked falloff Is that an Irish food chain???

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/11/21 4:23pm

S2DG

avatar

Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips

Maybe I'm romanticizing the memory but it was the best fish and chips (french fries) that I ever had. Deep fried goodness...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/11/21 5:02pm

alphastreet

There was an ice cream place called moo milk I used to like, as well as some pie places
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/12/21 4:31am

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

alphastreet said:

There was an ice cream place called moo milk I used to like, as well as some pie places

In like 1st or 2nd grade in the 90s they ran some propaganda footage about how milk in plastic bags was the wave of the future and carton milk is only something your lame parents used back in the day, then switched the school over to plastic bag milk.

They were great, lunchrooms would be peltin' each other with them milk water balloons, you could stick a straw in and then mash down the plastic bag like an Army tank and spray the opposition. Those soon went out of business and need to come back.




(And according to YouTube it's apparently still a Canadian thing though.

[Edited 11/12/21 4:38am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/12/21 1:35pm

alphastreet

WhisperingDandelions said:



alphastreet said:


There was an ice cream place called moo milk I used to like, as well as some pie places

In like 1st or 2nd grade in the 90s they ran some propaganda footage about how milk in plastic bags was the wave of the future and carton milk is only something your lame parents used back in the day, then switched the school over to plastic bag milk.

They were great, lunchrooms would be peltin' each other with them milk water balloons, you could stick a straw in and then mash down the plastic bag like an Army tank and spray the opposition. Those soon went out of business and need to come back.







(And according to YouTube it's apparently still a Canadian thing though.

[Edited 11/12/21 4:38am]



I don’t think anyone in Toronto uses carton milk anymore, but apparently it’s a British Columbia thing from what I hear
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/13/21 3:37pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:



EmmaMcG said:


There used to be a place called Wonder Burger right beside my school. I was in there every day for my lunch. It was a complete and utter kip. The staff were rude, the food was horrible and the whole place smelled like old grease. I loved it. It was shit down years ago and replaced with a McDonald's. The food is just as bad but the charm is gone. Just editing to explain that "kip" is slang for a dirty or rough type of place. Just in case anyone here is not familiar with Dublin slang razz [Edited 11/11/21 15:09pm]

shocked falloff Is that an Irish food chain???



I'm not even sure if it was a part of a chain. I think it may have just been a single restaurant.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/13/21 3:54pm

PennyPurple

avatar

S2DG said:

Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips

Maybe I'm romanticizing the memory but it was the best fish and chips (french fries) that I ever had. Deep fried goodness...

It was the best.

Loved their fried pineapple too!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/26/21 10:42am

whodknee

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

whodknee said:

We still have H. Salt Fish & Chips here in California.

Farrell's was a good one. I miss Shakey's Pizza and Doggie Diner.

Must be the last one in Cali. The building the one I grew up going to is still there, it's been so many restaurants over the years. There's a fish place I go to that's very similar, it's an independent business.

Might be. I haven't seen them outside of my area in a long time.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 12/04/21 7:19pm

toots

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:


Me too loved that place....they do have videos on YouTube made by fans and people who own some of the animatronics used ...my fave video is the one they did from Ace of Base "The Sign"
Smurf theme song-seriously how many fucking "La Las" can u fit into a dam song wall
Proud Wendy and Lisa Fancy Lesbian asskisser thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 12/05/21 11:00am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Places you wish were out of business: Jack-off-in-the-Box, KFC-Taco Bell, Hardees.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 12/07/21 2:37pm

paisleypark4

avatar

See the source image

Straight Jacket Funk Affair
Album plays and love for vinyl records.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Out of business food chain you wish would come back