independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > NBA 2021-2022 Season Pt. 1
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/20/21 3:13pm

uPtoWnNY

NBA 2021-2022 Season Pt. 1

For the first time in nearly a decade, I'm actually looking forward to a Knicks season. They open tonight against the Celtics.

Curious to see how the Ben Simmons situation in Philly gets resolved.

NBA Insider Predicts Sixe...ns for ...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/21/21 5:08am

Empress

uPtoWnNY said:

For the first time in nearly a decade, I'm actually looking forward to a Knicks season. They open tonight against the Celtics.

Curious to see how the Ben Simmons situation in Philly gets resolved.

NBA Insider Predicts Sixe...ns for ...

Your Knicks beat the Celtics last night. Looks like they could have a very good team this season. Unfortunately, the Raptors didn't get off to a very good start, they lost to the Wizard. It's a young team with many new faces, so I guess we'll have to patient and allow them to grow.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/22/21 7:02pm

Graycap23

avatar

The Bulls now that Paxson & Forman are unemployed will win at least 50 games this year.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/22/21 7:06pm

uPtoWnNY

Graycap23 said:

The Bulls now that Paxson & Forman are unemployed will win at least 50 games this year.

Bulls had an A+ off-season. Barring major injuries, no way they miss the playoffs.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/24/21 12:26pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

Interested in what becomes of this Robert Sarver alleged "racist" "sexist" cancel culture pre-news for the Suns.

His reputation as a bad owner may be valid, but it's pretty rich the same people who felt Deandre "Butterfingers" Ayton deserved a max contract to not cause friction or division within the team that almost went all the way last year are giddy the entire organization could possibly change in an instant.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/25/21 5:27pm

Abdul

It's time for Simmons to grow up, he's been blaming everybody else for his problems but he needs to look in the mirror. I can't even remember how many off seasons that Simmons would post himself shooting jumpers in the gym only to not do it in games, and he could get those shots almost at will everynight, as a Sixer fan it's annoying!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/25/21 7:19pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

Ben Simmons saga needs a Last Dance-esque 10part documentary when the situation resolves.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/25/21 7:31pm

Graycap23

avatar

WhisperingDandelions said:

Ben Simmons saga needs a Last Dance-esque 10part documentary when the situation resolves.

lol........I won't be watching. I'm bore 2 tears with Simmons and Kyrie.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/25/21 7:38pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

How bout the new rulechanges to hopefully curb a little of the Harden foul-baiting / rampant flopping that has taken over the league in recent years?


Apparently his FT attempts + preseason are signficantly lower as a result.

[Edited 10/25/21 19:39pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/25/21 7:50pm

Graycap23

avatar

WhisperingDandelions said:

How bout the new rulechanges to hopefully curb a little of the Harden foul-baiting / rampant flopping that has taken over the league in recent years?


Apparently his FT attempts + preseason are signficantly lower as a result.

[Edited 10/25/21 19:39pm]

Good. The offensive flopps drive me nuts. urry still does it, but The refs are starting 2 ignore it.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/26/21 12:25am

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

Yeah the flopping is ridiculous. They were blaming the schedule for the injury-plagued season last year, it's really the flopping. Dude's are twisting shit trying to grandioisely sell their fake wrestling opponent impact moves.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/26/21 3:32pm

uPtoWnNY

Abdul said:

It's time for Simmons to grow up, he's been blaming everybody else for his problems but he needs to look in the mirror. I can't even remember how many off seasons that Simmons would post himself shooting jumpers in the gym only to not do it in games, and he could get those shots almost at will everynight, as a Sixer fan it's annoying!

It's a shame...last season Philly was the top seed in the East, then it all fell apart against Atlanta when Ben lost his confidence. Dude needs a sports psychologist.

Why 76ers could wait unti...en Simmons

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/27/21 7:11pm

Abdul

uPtoWnNY said:

It's a shame...last season Philly was the top seed in the East, then it all fell apart against Atlanta when Ben lost his confidence. Dude needs a sports psychologist.

Yeah, our championship window is closing quick, we got too many holes on this squad.

Your Knicks look good so far, they put a serious whipping on us last night. I never thought I'd see a Thibs coached team take so many threes, signing Kemba & Fournier was good move.

[Edited 10/27/21 19:12pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/28/21 7:54am

uPtoWnNY

Abdul said:

uPtoWnNY said:

It's a shame...last season Philly was the top seed in the East, then it all fell apart against Atlanta when Ben lost his confidence. Dude needs a sports psychologist.

Yeah, our championship window is closing quick, we got too many holes on this squad.

Your Knicks look good so far, they put a serious whipping on us last night. I never thought I'd see a Thibs coached team take so many threes, signing Kemba & Fournier was good move.

[Edited 10/27/21 19:12pm]

Call me crazy, but I still think Ben is fixable..but does he have the desire to be great? Does he want it enough?

3-1 Knicks at 4-0 Bulls tonight....haven't been this excited for a NY/Chicago game since the 90s.

LOL @ the Lakers losing a 26-point lead - Russ being Russ, LOL. I know it's early, but I never felt he's the proper fit for this team.

Miami looked damn good last night against Brooklyn. Bam had a field day inside.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/28/21 5:42pm

Abdul

uPtoWnNY said:

Abdul said:

Yeah, our championship window is closing quick, we got too many holes on this squad.

Your Knicks look good so far, they put a serious whipping on us last night. I never thought I'd see a Thibs coached team take so many threes, signing Kemba & Fournier was good move.

[Edited 10/27/21 19:12pm]

Call me crazy, but I still think Ben is fixable..but does he have the desire to be great? Does he want it enough?

3-1 Knicks at 4-0 Bulls tonight....haven't been this excited for a NY/Chicago game since the 90s.

LOL @ the Lakers losing a 26-point lead - Russ being Russ, LOL. I know it's early, but I never felt he's the proper fit for this team.

Miami looked damn good last night against Brooklyn. Bam had a field day inside.


I would say no based on what he's showed us so far, he's still young, maybe he'll grow up finally

I'm watching ya'll game against the Bulls on NBA TV, it looks like it's gonna be a tight one

The Thunder are in full process mode, the Lakers should be embarrased. I gotta see how they look by Christmas time, right now it's not looking too good.

The Heat always give maxim effort on both ends, besides Durant the rest of the Nets look like they're sleepwalking half the time.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/01/21 1:46am

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

Abdul said:

besides Durant the rest of the Nets look like they're sleepwalking half the time.

Yes. Nets get all the hype but look/exude such zzzZZZZzZZzzz vibes every game. Besides Durant, it's boring basketball.

[Edited 11/1/21 1:46am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/06/21 4:50am

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

https://streamable.com/f3cczx

Harden gets offensive foul.

[Edited 11/6/21 4:51am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/08/21 8:10pm

uPtoWnNY

Abdul said:

uPtoWnNY said:

Call me crazy, but I still think Ben is fixable..but does he have the desire to be great? Does he want it enough?

3-1 Knicks at 4-0 Bulls tonight....haven't been this excited for a NY/Chicago game since the 90s.

LOL @ the Lakers losing a 26-point lead - Russ being Russ, LOL. I know it's early, but I never felt he's the proper fit for this team.

Miami looked damn good last night against Brooklyn. Bam had a field day inside.


I would say no based on what he's showed us so far, he's still young, maybe he'll grow up finally

I'm watching ya'll game against the Bulls on NBA TV, it looks like it's gonna be a tight one

The Thunder are in full process mode, the Lakers should be embarrased. I gotta see how they look by Christmas time, right now it's not looking too good.

The Heat always give maxim effort on both ends, besides Durant the rest of the Nets look like they're sleepwalking half the time.

Despite all the Ben Simmons drama, Philly is still on top in the eastern conference. Embiid's playing lights out basketball.

Westbrick isn't looking good so far with LA - who didn't see this coming? But Lebron wanted him, so if this experiment doesn't work it's on them.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/11/21 9:11am

whodknee

avatar

Graycap23 said:

WhisperingDandelions said:

How bout the new rulechanges to hopefully curb a little of the Harden foul-baiting / rampant flopping that has taken over the league in recent years?


Apparently his FT attempts + preseason are signficantly lower as a result.

[Edited 10/25/21 19:39pm]

Good. The offensive flopps drive me nuts. urry still does it, but The refs are starting 2 ignore it.

Doncic, Lebron, Russ, Lillard... hell a lot of guys do it. I blame Manu for popularizing that soccer mess. It existed before (Karl Malone comes to mind) but it proliferated after Manu.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/11/21 2:03pm

uPtoWnNY

The Wizards are tied for the top seed in the East----WTF????? biggrin

Warriors are 10-1 without Klay Thompson...damn...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/12/21 5:48am

Empress

uPtoWnNY said:

The Wizards are tied for the top seed in the East----WTF????? biggrin



Warriors are 10-1 without Klay Thompson...damn...



Klay Thompson? He's been out so long I forgot he was still in the league. Obviously, GS doesn't need him, so maybe the Raptors can pick him up? 😎 We could use more experienced players on the team. A few of the rookies are doing great, but we need a better centre. Honestly, I hope GS sees a slump soon as it would be good for their division if they weren't so dominant. It's shaping up to be another interesting season though.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/13/21 7:14am

uPtoWnNY

Empress said:

uPtoWnNY said:

The Wizards are tied for the top seed in the East----WTF????? biggrin

Warriors are 10-1 without Klay Thompson...damn...

Klay Thompson? He's been out so long I forgot he was still in the league. Obviously, GS doesn't need him, so maybe the Raptors can pick him up? 😎 We could use more experienced players on the team. A few of the rookies are doing great, but we need a better centre. Honestly, I hope GS sees a slump soon as it would be good for their division if they weren't so dominant. It's shaping up to be another interesting season though.

Klay's still on the Warriors. I heard he could be back by late December.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/14/21 1:43am

phunkdaddy

avatar

The Sixers were the early season surprise considering the Ben Simmons drama.
They were 8-2 before fucking Covid infected the team. Matisse Thybulle,Tobias Harris,Joel Embiid,Seth Curry,and Isiah Joe. They have dropped 4 in a row since.
Hope they can get healthy soon so they can show Ben weak ass they can win without him.
Don't laugh at my funk
This funk is a serious joint
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/14/21 5:15am

uPtoWnNY

A possible finals preview this coming Tuesday night when Brooklyn takes on Golden State - must-see TV!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 11/15/21 1:24pm

phunkdaddy

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

A possible finals preview this coming Tuesday night when Brooklyn takes on Golden State - must-see TV!

Man I'm surprised at how well the Charlotte Hornets are playing. The city is going nuts and they

took it to Golden State this weekend and handed them their second loss. LaMelo Ball and Miles

Bridges are playing outstanding and the role players are doing their part. MJ may finally have

something to be proud of as an owner although it's still early. Zion Williamson disbelief

Don't laugh at my funk
This funk is a serious joint
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 11/16/21 6:08am

uPtoWnNY

phunkdaddy said:

Zion Williamson disbelief

Charles Barkley mocks Zio...his weight

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > NBA 2021-2022 Season Pt. 1