independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Halloween Season: Your UFO story
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/03/21 7:05pm

kpowers

avatar

Halloween Season: Your UFO story

_109061439_hi018470968.jpg

I've never seen one but anybody here has a story to Tell? I believe in aliens but I've never seen one nor do I ever want to.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/04/21 10:32am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

I fully believe they exist. I don't know if we've been visited. Maybe? But to think that the universe is likely unlimited, it's incredibly short-sighted and egotistical to think we're the only beings out here. [Just no snip - luv4u]

When I was a pre-teen, I was utterly fascinated with UFOs. During those RIF book drives where you got a free book, I always ordered one about UFOs or similar. I read a lot about Betty & Barney Hill, an interracial couple who claimed to have encountered a UFO. There was a TV movie about them with James Earl Jones as Barney.

Project Blue Book was a favorite TV show back then, too. Of course then you had things like Close Encounters of the Third Kind shortly after that, which heightened interest even more, I believe.

I wish I had a UFO story, but I do not.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/04/21 4:02pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

There's no doubt in my mind that there is life on other planets. For a lot of the reasons Trivial has pointed out. There are potentially more planets in the universe than there are numbers to count them. It's moronic to think that only one can sustain life.

However, I don't believe in UFOs (in an alien sense). I don't believe that any other alien civilisation is close enough to us to even know we exist, let alone come visit us. That's purely science fiction.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/05/21 10:31am

kpowers

avatar

Nobody seen weird lights in the sky?????

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/05/21 10:36am

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

There's no doubt in my mind that there is life on other planets. For a lot of the reasons Trivial has pointed out. There are potentially more planets in the universe than there are numbers to count them. It's moronic to think that only one can sustain life. However, I don't believe in UFOs (in an alien sense). I don't believe that any other alien civilisation is close enough to us to even know we exist, let alone come visit us. That's purely science fiction.

Some believe Aliens bend time and Space (worm holes???) to travel great distances. Some believe technology wise they are a billion years ahead of us. But those are just theories so yeah you could be correct as well. Honestly I hope you are right. Aliens leave us alone!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/05/21 10:39am

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

I fully believe they exist. I don't know if we've been visited. Maybe? But to think that the universe is likely unlimited, it's incredibly short-sighted and egotistical to think we're the only beings out here. [Just no snip - luv4u]

When I was a pre-teen, I was utterly fascinated with UFOs. During those RIF book drives where you got a free book, I always ordered one about UFOs or similar. I read a lot about Betty & Barney Hill, an interracial couple who claimed to have encountered a UFO. There was a TV movie about them with James Earl Jones as Barney.

Project Blue Book was a favorite TV show back then, too. Of course then you had things like Close Encounters of the Third Kind shortly after that, which heightened interest even more, I believe.

I wish I had a UFO story, but I do not.

I wish they would play that show on TV again. I vaguely remember watching it back in the day. I know they made a new series but nah I rather watch the original one.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/05/21 12:46pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:



EmmaMcG said:


There's no doubt in my mind that there is life on other planets. For a lot of the reasons Trivial has pointed out. There are potentially more planets in the universe than there are numbers to count them. It's moronic to think that only one can sustain life. However, I don't believe in UFOs (in an alien sense). I don't believe that any other alien civilisation is close enough to us to even know we exist, let alone come visit us. That's purely science fiction.

Some believe Aliens bend time and Space (worm holes???) to travel great distances. Some believe technology wise they are a billion years ahead of us. But those are just theories so yeah you could be correct as well. Honestly I hope you are right. Aliens leave us alone!!!!!



Some people confuse science fiction and fantasy with reality.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/05/21 2:23pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

kpowers said:

I wish they would play that show on TV again. I vaguely remember watching it back in the day. I know they made a new series but nah I rather watch the original one.


I think they tried to reboot it a few short years ago, but it lasted only one or two seasons. Same premise, new cast.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/06/21 2:06pm

KoolEaze

avatar

As far as I recall , I´ve never seen one but I am not really sure. I´ve seen odd things in space but I think those were satellites or maybe a space station.

But I find UFOs fascinating and often watch UFO footage and documentaries on Youtube. Not sure if he´s still into that topic but Duane Tudahl is (or was?) an expert on this topic and if he were to publish a book on UFOs I´d buy it. It´s sad that people often mock those who claim to have seen unexplainable phenomena such as UFOs.

It´s interesting that there´s been a lot of news on UFOs lately, with declassified files, Obama´s and Trump´s cryptic statements and that Israeli space minister´s controversial claims about some countries already being in contact with aliens for many decades now. I´m not sure what to make of his statements but it is a fascinating topic and if aliens ever were to visit us I hope that they don´t treat us the way some of us treat other species.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/08/21 5:18am

coldcoffeeandc
ocacola

avatar

Hi KP

I have one but it's very minor

When I was a little girl my dad picked me up from the church hall around 8pm and we both looked up at the sky and saw a round craft like the textbook saucer with colourws lights all round, the thing was, dad and I couldn't describe the colors it was like they were not quote in our spectrum but they were pastelly. We followd it for a bit over the city but then it went. It was a black cloudless night. We went home and we drew what we saw and we both drew the same shape but when it came to to colouts we were both a bit stuck. I think we both used pale pink and pale blue but there were many colors different colour lights all round it. So that's it! I would have been 6 or 7. We were creeped out but not scared. My dad is a man of science and always assumed it was maybe a government craft or something but how should we know? It was the early 90s and London. We lived in a big old Victorian house and that night I kept wondering if they were going to come up from the basement or down the chimney into my room!
[Edited 10/8/21 5:24am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/08/21 2:46pm

kpowers

avatar

coldcoffeeandcocacola said:

Hi KP I have one but it's very minor When I was a little girl my dad picked me up from the church hall around 8pm and we both looked up at the sky and saw a round craft like the textbook saucer with colourws lights all round, the thing was, dad and I couldn't describe the colors it was like they were not quote in our spectrum but they were pastelly. We followd it for a bit over the city but then it went. It was a black cloudless night. We went home and we drew what we saw and we both drew the same shape but when it came to to colouts we were both a bit stuck. I think we both used pale pink and pale blue but there were many colors different colour lights all round it. So that's it! I would have been 6 or 7. We were creeped out but not scared. My dad is a man of science and always assumed it was maybe a government craft or something but how should we know? It was the early 90s and London. We lived in a big old Victorian house and that night I kept wondering if they were going to come up from the basement or down the chimney into my room! [Edited 10/8/21 5:24am]

Interesting about the colors

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/14/21 7:09pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

There were 3 of us in the front seat of a truck driving down the street, literally a few minutes from home, late night. All of the sudden 3 lights in the sky appeared out of nowhere. You know the classic 3 lights that make a triangle. The lights started to strobe. The object appeared to turn or move. Then it was gone. We all were what's that 👀. It was only visible for like 7 seconds and was gone.

What I do know it wasn't any type of plane or flying vehicle I've ever seen. I've been near an airforce base, I've seen the cargo planes flying low close up, they appear huge with the wing span. Obviously the higher or farther they are the smaller they appear. What I saw was huge. But then again no way to say how high or far
it really was.

Maybe it was something top secret? IDK

When I was like 7/8 years old (1981/82) I was staying the night at someone's house. It was night time, but not real late. There was some commotion outside. Every one was out of their house, people on their lawns looking and pointing at the sky. There was a stationary object in the sky. As I remember it was cigar shaped. It had multiple colored lights glowing some flashing.

Most of us know what planes or blimps look like. No one had a clue what it was, They were calling it a UFO

That's all I got lol

[Added]



Funny you asked this question like 3 years ago. I found the thread. My story didnt change much, almost identical. We were in a Ford Bronco. Not a car lol
@ the 3 lights: I cant remember how long it was visible, but it had to be 5 to 7 seconds

https://prince.org/msg/100/455476

Just for fun here's what I posted

Do i think what i saw was extraterrestrial ? I doubt it.

Maybe it was top secret goverment stuff?
who knows..


I was the passenger in the front seat car. Driving down the street i live on.
Out of nowhere 3 lights in the shape of a triangle appeard in the sky.
the lights stated pulsating, the object appeard to turn a bit.
Poof it was gone..
We all looked like whoa did you see that? what was that?
In all i say it was there for maybe 3 seconds. so quick and it was gone.
We've all seen planes in the sky from far away and close up.
This was to huge to be a plane

The lights in the sky i saw where like the image below
I



When i was like 8 or 9 years old i stayed the night over someones house.
It was night out, all the neighbors were outside pointing at some object in the sky.
All i remember it was a stationary object that had diffrent color lights.
Possibly it was a plane shrug what ever it was it caused a commotion and drew people out of their house

[Edited 10/14/21 20:21pm]
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Halloween Season: Your UFO story