independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Masked Singer Season 6
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/10/21 7:24pm

kpowers

avatar

Masked Singer Season 6

Masked-Singer-season-6.1.jpg

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2021%2F08%2F16%2FThe-Masked-Singer-Season-6-Tout.jpg

Returns Sept 22, you ready TrivialPursuit??

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/10/21 8:37pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

Ready smile
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/10/21 9:30pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

SO ready.

The Masked Singer airs a special 30-minute preview Sunday, Sept. 12 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on Fox, before launching season 6 in a two-night premiere event Sept. 22 and 23 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

[Edited 9/10/21 21:33pm]

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/22/21 11:24pm

kpowers

avatar

MS-S6_EP601-Reveal-GG_00126-e1632361278329.jpg

Ok well it was obivious Octopus was a basket ball player. I guessd Karim Abdul Jabar, mostly since I thought it was an older person for picking a Little Richard song.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2021%2F09%2F22%2FThe-Masked-Singer-S6-3.jpg

Well Mother Nature will be revealed tomorrow, kinda a tease tonight. Well it could be Tracy Ellis or Tiffany Hadish, both good guess. I'm not sure

the-masked-singer-season-6-costumes-bull.jpg?w=620

My guess right now is Sisqo

8216The-Masked-Singer8217-New-Season-6-Costume-Meet-The-Skunk.jpg

pufferfish-the-masked-singer-6.jpg

Not sure who skunk and pufferfish are.

OK Trivial Pursuit & FragilUnderto what do you think?

[Edited 9/25/21 10:22am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/23/21 11:35am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

I made another thread for this, but let's stay here. I'll have mods close mine.

Here's what I typed on mine:


On tonight's premiere: Part 1: Group A Premiere (editing as I watch)

Skunk (female)

Octopus (a very tall male) - I'm guessing a ball player.

Puffer Fish (female) - I swear to God it sounds like Toni Braxton trying to disguise her voice

Mother Nature (female) - what's w/ the Wayne Brady photo? She mentioned she never had children; not a pro singer but a good voice, IMO; could be Tracee Ellis Ross (singing her mom's song "I'm Comin' Out").

Bull (male) - a lot of folks are thinking it's Todrick Hall, but he said he was "shy about singing." So... hmm.


My early guesses are:
Puffer Fish: Toni or Tamar Braxton (leaning toward Toni)

Mother Nature: Tiffany Haddish

Bull: Todrick Hall

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/23/21 2:45pm

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

I made another thread for this, but let's stay here. I'll have mods close mine.

GIF episodio series serie - animated GIF on GIFER - by Opiriel

I would think so

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/23/21 2:47pm

kpowers

avatar

Wow I have a feeling I won't kmow about 80% of the Masked singers this season.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/23/21 3:17pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

kpowers said:

Wow I have a feeling I won't kmow about 80% of the Masked singers this season.


Do you ever?

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/23/21 3:43pm

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

kpowers said:

Wow I have a feeling I won't kmow about 80% of the Masked singers this season.


Do you ever?

I don't use the internet to find the answers like some people I know whistling

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/23/21 6:35pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Hey, I follow Twitter and what folks are saying.

But I was right about Puffer Fish.

Mother Nature was a total surprise!!

Baby is weird, and I have no idea who's behind that. I'm sticking with my guess for Bull.

I've zero idea about Skunk, especially after this performance that blew me away.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/23/21 11:07pm

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

Hey, I follow Twitter and what folks are saying.

But I was right about Puffer Fish.

Mother Nature was a total surprise!!

Baby is weird, and I have no idea who's behind that. I'm sticking with my guess for Bull.

I've zero idea about Skunk, especially after this performance that blew me away.

Yup that was weird. OK my guess for baby is Pierce Brosnan. On the locker they showed baby's grades and they spelled ABBA, so he was in Mama Mia Movie, so I'm guessing him, or maybe another actor from that film. Was shocked puffer fish got kicked off

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/23/21 11:08pm

kpowers

avatar

The Masked Singer spoilers: Hamster is Lance Bass, NSYNC star - GoldDerby

Jack Black is a good guess

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/23/21 11:16pm

kpowers

avatar

Who is Mother Nature from The Masked Singer?

Mother nature outfit was kinda creepy for me. I can see this as a horror movie. Mother Nature kills anyone who comes into her forrest who disrespects the land. Mother Natures kills loggers, people who start forrest fires, hunters, people who dump waiste in her rivers. I know you like horror movies, what do you think of that for a horror movie TrivialPursuit

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/23/21 11:17pm

kpowers

avatar

Where are you FragilUnderto???????

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/24/21 1:40pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

kpowers said:

the-masked-singer-season-6-costumes-hamster.jpg

Jack Black is a good guess


Okay so hear me out:

The voice may not fit, per se (although I've never heard them sing), but I'm thinking it could be Pat Sajak. Why? Because he's on a wheel, and there were all sorts of letters below it.

Also, he mentioned baseball (from wikipedia): In 2005, Sajak became an investor in the Golden Baseball League, an independent professional baseball league with teams in California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Alberta, British Columbia, and Baja California. During a guest appearance in the broadcast booth at a March 2012 Baltimore Orioles – Boston Red Sox spring-training game,Sajak acknowledged that he had called some baseball games in the past.

Also, he hosted a radio show called The Pat Sajak Baseball Hour, that ran for four years.

The pink post-it said "RETURN."

The thing about being "in many arenas" seems to say he does a lot of different stuff. Sajak has stayed in his lane and made quite a living for himself. So - not sure there.

[Edited 9/24/21 13:42pm]

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/24/21 2:05pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

As far as Baby:

The "high speed chases" and "failing driver's ed" could be more than a red herring. If it's an action star, none of the three guys in Mamma Mia are action stars, despite Brosnan being a mediocre James Bond for a while.

One "replacement" thing was that he was considered for, but ultimately not chosen for The Incredible Hulk TV series. Not sure that's Lou in the costume, though.

I also thought about Jason Statham. He's got that heavy Derbyshire accent, and is an action star. He was a swimmer for a dozen years, but I found nothing about a debate team (which one of the post-it notes said).

I'm wrong all around, but that's what came to mind with this mutant infant.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/25/21 3:01am

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

As far as Baby:

The "high speed chases" and "failing driver's ed" could be more than a red herring. If it's an action star, none of the three guys in Mamma Mia are action stars, despite Brosnan being a mediocre James Bond for a while.

One "replacement" thing was that he was considered for, but ultimately not chosen for The Incredible Hulk TV series. Not sure that's Lou in the costume, though.

I also thought about Jason Statham. He's got that heavy Derbyshire accent, and is an action star. He was a swimmer for a dozen years, but I found nothing about a debate team (which one of the post-it notes said).

I'm wrong all around, but that's what came to mind with this mutant infant.

For now Pierce Brosnan is my guess for baby

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/25/21 3:04am

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

kpowers said:

the-masked-singer-season-6-costumes-hamster.jpg

Jack Black is a good guess


Okay so hear me out:

The voice may not fit, per se (although I've never heard them sing), but I'm thinking it could be Pat Sajak. Why? Because he's on a wheel, and there were all sorts of letters below it.

Also, he mentioned baseball (from wikipedia): In 2005, Sajak became an investor in the Golden Baseball League, an independent professional baseball league with teams in California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Alberta, British Columbia, and Baja California. During a guest appearance in the broadcast booth at a March 2012 Baltimore Orioles – Boston Red Sox spring-training game,Sajak acknowledged that he had called some baseball games in the past.

Also, he hosted a radio show called The Pat Sajak Baseball Hour, that ran for four years.

The pink post-it said "RETURN."

The thing about being "in many arenas" seems to say he does a lot of different stuff. Sajak has stayed in his lane and made quite a living for himself. So - not sure there.

[Edited 9/24/21 13:42pm]

Can't picture Pat Sajak jumping on Nick Cannon like hamster did.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/25/21 11:22am

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

kpowers said:

Where are you FragilUnderto?????



I was late to the game lol I waited to watch them with my lady. I've got no idea who is who yet. I think the judges gave some good answers on the unknown contestants. Now let me go over your ideas
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/29/21 12:40pm

paisleypark4

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

I made another thread for this, but let's stay here. I'll have mods close mine.

Here's what I typed on mine:


On tonight's premiere: Part 1: Group A Premiere (editing as I watch)

Skunk (female)

Octopus (a very tall male) - I'm guessing a ball player.

Puffer Fish (female) - I swear to God it sounds like Toni Braxton trying to disguise her voice

Mother Nature (female) - what's w/ the Wayne Brady photo? She mentioned she never had children; not a pro singer but a good voice, IMO; could be Tracee Ellis Ross (singing her mom's song "I'm Comin' Out").

Bull (male) - a lot of folks are thinking it's Todrick Hall, but he said he was "shy about singing." So... hmm.


My early guesses are:
Puffer Fish: Toni or Tamar Braxton (leaning toward Toni)

Mother Nature: Tiffany Haddish

Bull: Todrick Hall

Skunk is Faith Evans. That accent and tone

[Edited 9/29/21 12:40pm]

Straight Jacket Funk Affair
Album plays and love for vinyl records.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/30/21 12:50am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

My very first instinct tonight was the Queen of Hearts was Kelly Pickler. It seems like it'd be a good move for her. She was always pigeon holed as the "simpleton" from American Idol. Then she ended up co-hosting some show on an uber-G-rated channel. this would allow her to reset her career, let people hear her for her voice, not her quirky personality. She's also talked about the hard times as a child and young person. "Born This Way" also sort has her saying, "Yeah, I'm country. Deal with it, this is me." It's a younger voice, and she's 35.

And that southern accent. Who else sounds like that?!?!

I thought Omar Epps for a hot second for Dalmation. Obviously, I was wrong there. I would've never guessed Tyga. I know his name, but that's it.

I also believe there's a good chance Banana Split could be Katherine McPhee (another American Idol alum) and her husband - the legendary songwriter and producer - David Foster. He's even mentored on the show before. Banana seemed a bit more animated and move-y than an older David Foster would be. McPhee is tall and leggy and slender, tho.

Cupcake I'm totally confused with. The person punched 1981 on the jukebox. Singers born that year were Josh Groban, Brandon Flowers, Guy Sebastian (Australian Idol winner), Alicia Keys. I thought it'd a dude's voice, but the costume is female. So I'm clueless about it.

Mallard is interesting, definitely a country singer or someone we didn't know could sing. It could be anyone. It ain't Garth, though.


"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/30/21 11:11am

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

My very first instinct tonight was the Queen of Hearts was Kelly Pickler. It seems like it'd be a good move for her. She was always pigeon holed as the "simpleton" from American Idol. Then she ended up co-hosting some show on an uber-G-rated channel. this would allow her to reset her career, let people hear her for her voice, not her quirky personality. She's also talked about the hard times as a child and young person. "Born This Way" also sort has her saying, "Yeah, I'm country. Deal with it, this is me." It's a younger voice, and she's 35.

And that southern accent. Who else sounds like that?!?!

I thought Omar Epps for a hot second for Dalmation. Obviously, I was wrong there. I would've never guessed Tyga. I know his name, but that's it.

I also believe there's a good chance Banana Split could be Katherine McPhee (another American Idol alum) and her husband - the legendary songwriter and producer - David Foster. He's even mentored on the show before. Banana seemed a bit more animated and move-y than an older David Foster would be. McPhee is tall and leggy and slender, tho.

Cupcake I'm totally confused with. The person punched 1981 on the jukebox. Singers born that year were Josh Groban, Brandon Flowers, Guy Sebastian (Australian Idol winner), Alicia Keys. I thought it'd a dude's voice, but the costume is female. So I'm clueless about it.

Mallard is interesting, definitely a country singer or someone we didn't know could sing. It could be anyone. It ain't Garth, though.


I knew Dalmation was a rapper so my pick was Chance the rapper. Heck that's going to be my guess from now on everytime they have a rapper on the show. Yeah Kelly Pickler is a good pick. Mallard I'm going with Brad Paisley. No clue who Banana Split is. Cupcake they were guessing Rupaul and yeah I will go with that as well.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/30/21 1:39pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

I'm not totally sure about the RuPaul theory. He's not a great singer. He can carry a simple tune, but his music isn't overly "professional." Cupcake has a great voice, and having listened to a lot of Ru's music, that ain't his voice. Ru doesn't have a range or power like that behind his voice.

Also, they mentioned possibly being in a group. The pancake image was three hearts. That seems like a big clue. Maybe a group named for food, or had a song about hearts?

[Edited 9/30/21 13:43pm]

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/30/21 2:05pm

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

I'm not totally sure about the RuPaul theory. He's not a great singer. He can carry a simple tune, but his music isn't overly "professional." Cupcake has a great voice, and having listened to a lot of Ru's music, that ain't his voice. Ru doesn't have a range or power like that behind his voice.

Also, they mentioned possibly being in a group. The pancake image was three hearts. That seems like a big clue. Maybe a group named for food, or had a song about hearts?

[Edited 9/30/21 13:43pm]

So any guesses???? Clue packages are not always helpful. It's probably somebody I don't know, so I'm sticking with Rupaul for now.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/30/21 4:34pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

kpowers said:

So any guesses???? Clue packages are not always helpful. It's probably somebody I don't know, so I'm sticking with Rupaul for now.


Yeah, I have no guess. I'd rather have no one than a wrong one on my card. The three hearts clue is making me want to research deeper. Also, the 1981 on the jukebox, if that meant anything because it wasn't necessarily highlighted.

But I ain't Ru. It feels like he's overdue to be on the show, but this group aint' it. However, there's also a Group C, so who knows.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 09/30/21 6:45pm

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

kpowers said:

So any guesses???? Clue packages are not always helpful. It's probably somebody I don't know, so I'm sticking with Rupaul for now.


Yeah, I have no guess. I'd rather have no one than a wrong one on my card. The three hearts clue is making me want to research deeper. Also, the 1981 on the jukebox, if that meant anything because it wasn't necessarily highlighted.

But I ain't Ru. It feels like he's overdue to be on the show, but this group aint' it. However, there's also a Group C, so who knows.

Maybe not a birth year but maybe when they had a number one song????

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 09/30/21 7:23pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

kpowers said:

TrivialPursuit said:


Yeah, I have no guess. I'd rather have no one than a wrong one on my card. The three hearts clue is making me want to research deeper. Also, the 1981 on the jukebox, if that meant anything because it wasn't necessarily highlighted.

But I ain't Ru. It feels like he's overdue to be on the show, but this group aint' it. However, there's also a Group C, so who knows.

Maybe not a birth year but maybe when they had a number one song????


Yeah, the list isn't long. And some are dead now.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 09/30/21 7:39pm

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

kpowers said:

Maybe not a birth year but maybe when they had a number one song????


Yeah, the list isn't long. And some are dead now.

Or maybe they had a hit in 1981

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 09/30/21 7:57pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Went back and listened to Cupcake again. This is a female. They have a slightly richer and deeper voice than one would think from a female. The name Roberta Flack was floated on the show, and is possibly good direction to wander.

So RuPaul is off the table, even more.

Plus she talked about usually sharing the stage with others. The 3 heart pancakes mirrored that. So this is someone that is part of a team or group that is flying solo. Like a Kelly Rowland, or someone in that arena.

[Edited 9/30/21 19:58pm]

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 09/30/21 8:23pm

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

Went back and listened to Cupcake again. This is a female. They have a slightly richer and deeper voice than one would think from a female. The name Roberta Flack was floated on the show, and is possibly good direction to wander.

So RuPaul is off the table, even more.

Plus she talked about usually sharing the stage with others. The 3 heart pancakes mirrored that. So this is someone that is part of a team or group that is flying solo. Like a Kelly Rowland, or someone in that arena.

[Edited 9/30/21 19:58pm]

Roberta Flack is a good guess. I do think it's someone who is older (thus not born in 1981)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Masked Singer Season 6