independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > The Matrix Resurrections
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 09/14/21 4:10am

EmmaMcG

avatar

JorisE73 said:



EmmaMcG said:


JorisE73 said:



They already showed characters from the Matrix Online in the trailer and it was confirmed that Teh Matrix Online is part of the story like Enter the Matrix was (Niobe's and Ghost's mission and cut scenes with the Merovingian and why teh Oracle changed her appearance etc.)



In that case, I hope they aren't expecting people to have played it and actually take time to explain who these characters are rather than relying on people's knowledge of a dead videogame. Maybe they could release an "Animatrix" style short film to cover the story of The Matrix Online.


I played the game back when it came out and only played the straight story, all the rest was a mess and never really played or focuseed on that. they could easily just make an hour or and hour and a half cartoon about the main story line where Morpheus gets assassinated.
But who knows indeed they could also just neglect it or explain it how he died in teh movie in 5 minutes and his ressurection (seems an apropriate name for this movie because everyone seems to have been ressurected for it.)



Yeah everyone seems to be coming back to life in it LOL. At this rate I'm half expecting Joe Pantoliano to show up...

I'm kind of disappointed that out of everyone who is coming back to life, Agent Smith isn't returning. He was the one thing about the sequels that I actually liked.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 09/14/21 4:21am

JorisE73

EmmaMcG said:

JorisE73 said:


I played the game back when it came out and only played the straight story, all the rest was a mess and never really played or focuseed on that. they could easily just make an hour or and hour and a half cartoon about the main story line where Morpheus gets assassinated.
But who knows indeed they could also just neglect it or explain it how he died in teh movie in 5 minutes and his ressurection (seems an apropriate name for this movie because everyone seems to have been ressurected for it.)

Yeah everyone seems to be coming back to life in it LOL. At this rate I'm half expecting Joe Pantoliano to show up... I'm kind of disappointed that out of everyone who is coming back to life, Agent Smith isn't returning. He was the one thing about the sequels that I actually liked.


yeah, but he was accidentally set free and the upgrades in "Reloaded" already were more advanced so i think there going for newer versions of him with more upgrades. Makes sense, but Hugo Weaving cheweing the scenery truly was a sight to behold lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 09/14/21 9:39am

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

The Matrix within a Matrix could be supported more in Reloaded. After Neo resurrects Trinity, he has a talk with Morpheus.

"Once the one reaches the source, the war should be over."

Neo says that in 24 hours Zion will be destroyed. Morpheus doesn't believe it, but Neo says it was a lie. "the prophecy was a lie. The one was never meant to end anything. It was all another system of control."

Morpheus states again he doesn't believe that.

Neo: But you said it yourself. How can the prophecy be true if the war isn't over? I know it isn't easy to hear, but I swear to you its the truth.

Neo got his information from The Architect, who created the matrix. He described Neo as an anomoly. He says, "the function of the one is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry reinserting the prime program."

He goes on, but this all seems to sort of support the matrix within a matrix. It was just a "system of control." People wake up to the real world and the existence of the matrix, and so they create a "real world" for them to think they're triumphing over. Yet, they're still in the matrix.

Honestly the last Matrix movie I saw was in the early 2000's so I forget all the Matrix lore. I kmow parts 2 & 3 were horrible. Liked part 1, Neo takes a pill and knows Kung Fu, teams up with Trinity and Morpheus and dodges a lot of bullets by looking super cool in shades. Yup that's all ya need to know lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 09/14/21 6:48pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

kpowers said:

Honestly the last Matrix movie I saw was in the early 2000's so I forget all the Matrix lore. I kmow parts 2 & 3 were horrible. Liked part 1, Neo takes a pill and knows Kung Fu, teams up with Trinity and Morpheus and dodges a lot of bullets by looking super cool in shades. Yup that's all ya need to know lol

This is why the sequels were fail. Over-convoluting what was simple ABC badass.

[Edited 9/14/21 18:54pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 09/14/21 6:54pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

JorisE73 said:

Uhm, "the real world" being a part of the Matrix (hence Neo using his powers the "the real world") was part of the 6 part story the Wachowski's wanted to make and not just some fan theory, but WB refused them so they hastily wrapped it up with "Revolutions". Teh Wachowski's even tried to get there name off of "Revolutions" before it was released.

6 part story you say? This separate from the 9 part Animatrix stories? Or the Video Game? Online game? Or (probably) the comic book, Pez dispenser, Variety Hour, jigsaw puzzle, Lick-'Em-Aid, Bazooka Joe?


How many mediums and hours upon hours of viable and released content did the Wachowski's need to tell a simple story again? 20 hours of content wasn't enough so they sabotaged Revolutions, you say? Remember when directors only needed two hours to tell a story?

But no, really, never ever read that about Revolutions, tried Googling.... Got a link or source?

[Edited 9/14/21 18:58pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 09/15/21 1:43am

JorisE73

WhisperingDandelions said:

JorisE73 said:

Uhm, "the real world" being a part of the Matrix (hence Neo using his powers the "the real world") was part of the 6 part story the Wachowski's wanted to make and not just some fan theory, but WB refused them so they hastily wrapped it up with "Revolutions". Teh Wachowski's even tried to get there name off of "Revolutions" before it was released.

6 part story you say? This separate from the 9 part Animatrix stories? Or the Video Game? Online game? Or (probably) the comic book, Pez dispenser, Variety Hour, jigsaw puzzle, Lick-'Em-Aid, Bazooka Joe?


How many mediums and hours upon hours of viable and released content did the Wachowski's need to tell a simple story again? 20 hours of content wasn't enough so they sabotaged Revolutions, you say? Remember when directors only needed two hours to tell a story?

But no, really, never ever read that about Revolutions, tried Googling.... Got a link or source?

[Edited 9/14/21 18:58pm]



At the time I read that WB wanted them to wrap up the series with Revolutions while they were creating and did stories beyond the third movie with Neo not sacrificing him self yet.
The Wachowski's weren't happy woth that and wanted there name off of Revolutions, they didn't sabotage anything, WB just demanded them to end it.
The Animatrix was just a prequel of some sort. And the games were canon and hinted at a much larger Matrix within the Matrix world that was abandonned in Revolutions. I think there was some hints and info on this in 'The Burly Man Chronicles'.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 09/15/21 7:30am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Tell us how it is.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 09/15/21 10:10am

nayroo2002

avatar

This was better than part three:

https://www.youtube.com/w...5OfG_wxkJI

lol

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 09/15/21 1:20pm

TonyVanDam

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

The Matrix within a Matrix could be supported more in Reloaded. After Neo resurrects Trinity, he has a talk with Morpheus.

"Once the one reaches the source, the war should be over."

Neo says that in 24 hours Zion will be destroyed. Morpheus doesn't believe it, but Neo says it was a lie. "the prophecy was a lie. The one was never meant to end anything. It was all another system of control."

Morpheus states again he doesn't believe that.

Neo: But you said it yourself. How can the prophecy be true if the war isn't over? I know it isn't easy to hear, but I swear to you its the truth.

Neo got his information from The Architect, who created the matrix. He described Neo as an anomoly. He says, "the function of the one is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry reinserting the prime program."

He goes on, but this all seems to sort of support the matrix within a matrix. It was just a "system of control." People wake up to the real world and the existence of the matrix, and so they create a "real world" for them to think they're triumphing over. Yet, they're still in the matrix.

.

And also, Freedom Of Choice is a lie! Right there is the main reason [IMO] why a lot of people hated The Matrix: Reloaded.

.

It's too much like reality in our modern-day time: No one likes OR want to be told that they do not have a choice [THINK: Politics]. And no one likes to be told that everything that he/she believes in have been nothing but a lie and/or a myth [THINK: Religions, especially the Abrahamic ones].

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > The Matrix Resurrections