independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > The new Fantasy Island TV Show
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 08/19/21 9:38am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

purplethunder3121 said:

Don't know about a new Lost In Space TV show but I took my son to see the movie in the '90s and we both liked it. smile

It's really good, I'd recommend it. I never even knew there was a movie in the 90s

Now, that you mention it--when I went to visit my son and his wife in 2019--he was talking about how good the Lost In Space TV show is and we watched a couple of episodes of it. lol The movie came out in 1998, starring William Hurt, Matt LeBlanc, Gary Oldman, and Heather Graham.

51+Cd0fYH2L.jpg

[Edited 8/19/21 10:21am]

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 08/19/21 1:30pm

kpowers

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

kpowers said:

Well she is believeable in the role as the niece of Mr. Roarke. Seems as though the caretakers of fanatasy Island are the Roarkes and in the first episode she mentions that the postion was basicaly thrust upon her. I'm sure as the show goes along we will learn more of her past and see a darker side to the island as well as an the supernatural factor of the island. One thing I hope is that they don't focus on a romantic releationship with Elena Roarke and the pilot. I'm not sure if about the Ruby character as "Tatoo", also I don't care for the music they play.





For some reason I'm thinking a romantic relationship with Elena and her new host. Like maybe Elena is the young woman the guest/new host gave up to marry her husband

confuse Not sure if that would make sense or not. For that to be true Elena would have to be older. Wouldn't Elena recognize young Ruby? But hey anything is possible since it's Fantasy Island and plus the bad writing for the show.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 08/27/21 10:17am

kpowers

avatar

Oh boy, Houston we have a problem. Except for Roselyn Sanchez everything about this show sucks. The writing or should I say lack of. The horrible music they use. The horrible quick cuts of the obvious drone camera shots of the Island. Even the pacing of the show sucks. The original series the guest would arrive and Tatoo would ask who are they and what are their fantasy. Mr. Roarke would explain it and it would be a great way to set up the episode. Not on the new Fantasy Island, Elena bumps into the guest and it's more of what do you want???....and followed by "OK". Most of all where are all of the former Dancing with the Stars contestants or Masked singers contestants??? What gave the original series it's charm was all the B celebrities that would come to the island. With the exception of Roselyn Sanchez I don't know any of the actors who have come to the island. Well I will continue to watch this train wreck hoping it will get better. In some cases it starts to get better but it's to late and the network ends up canceling the show.

[Edited 8/29/21 13:43pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 08/28/21 10:54am

nayroo2002

avatar

It's pretty bad.

lol

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 09/01/21 5:13am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

kpowers said:

Oh boy, Houston we have a problem. Except for Roselyn Sanchez everything about this show sucks. The writing or should I say lack of. The horrible music they use. The horrible quick cuts of the obvious drone camera shots of the Island. Even the pacing of the show sucks. The original series the guest would arrive and Tatoo would ask who are they and what are their fantasy. Mr. Roarke would explain it and it would be a great way to set up the episode. Not on the new Fantasy Island, Elena bumps into the guest and it's more of what do you want???....and followed by "OK". Most of all where are all of the former Dancing with the Stars contestants or Masked singers contestants??? What gave the original series it's charm was all the B celebrities that would come to the island. With the exception of Roselyn Sanchez I don't know any of the actors who have come to the island. Well I will continue to watch this train wreck hoping it will get better. In some cases it starts to get better but it's to late and the network ends up canceling the show.

[Edited 8/29/21 13:43pm]

Yeah I noticed that, that it was playing out weird

I did not see last weeks episode

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
“Strong people define themselves; weak people allow others to define them.” ― Ken Poirot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 09/08/21 6:49pm

kpowers

avatar

OK after 5 episodes I give up on this pile of shit. Finale Grade for the new Fantasy Island: F

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 09/08/21 7:11pm

S2DG

kpowers said:

OK after 5 episodes I give up on this pile of shit. Finale Grade for the new Fantasy Island: F



"So Let It Be Written, So Let It Be Done"


Thanks for the public service Bruce Wayne

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 09/08/21 7:30pm

kpowers

avatar

S2DG said:

kpowers said:

OK after 5 episodes I give up on this pile of shit. Finale Grade for the new Fantasy Island: F



"So Let It Be Written, So Let It Be Done"


Thanks for the public service Bruce Wayne

You all been warned. Stay away from the Island

Mad Monster Party 1969 - KABOOM ISLAND on Make a GIF

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 09/09/21 6:01am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

I saw an episode Tuesday... This has turned into a big disappointment

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
“Strong people define themselves; weak people allow others to define them.” ― Ken Poirot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > The new Fantasy Island TV Show