independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > The Org NBA 2021 Playoff Thread
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 06/02/21 9:20pm

uPtoWnNY

Graycap23 said:

uPtoWnNY said:

Disappointed with the first-round exit, but considering the garbage Knick fans have dealt with for 20 years, I'd say this season was a success. But now the front office has to get to work. This team has expectations, from the fanbase and I'm sure the owner. Another first round loss next year won't cut it.

It's clear the Knicks need 'Batman'....Randle is more like 'Robin', a solid #2 option.

Randle got exposed as a 1 dimensional player. That max contract juts flew out of the window.

I'd give him a lower than max extension and get a true #1.

Elfrid Payton should never wear a Knick uniform again.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 06/04/21 12:02pm

JoeTyler

Lakers 20-21: weak mentality, no hunger and too many injuries.

tinkerbell
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 06/04/21 1:04pm

uPtoWnNY

JoeTyler said:

Lakers 20-21: weak mentality, no hunger and too many injuries.

I think the Clippers might be joining them on vacation.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 06/04/21 10:38pm

phunkdaddy

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

JoeTyler said:

Lakers 20-21: weak mentality, no hunger and too many injuries.

I think the Clippers might be joining them on vacation.

Not tonight. Kahwai bust 45 on them boys tonight. This is the strangest damn series I've seen

where the road team has won every game since the New Jersey Nets beat defending 1983 NBA

champs Philadelphia 76ers in the 1st rd in 5 games.

Don't laugh at my funk
This funk is a serious joint
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 06/05/21 2:00am

Graycap23

avatar

phunkdaddy said:

uPtoWnNY said:

I think the Clippers might be joining them on vacation.

Not tonight. Kahwai bust 45 on them boys tonight. This is the strangest damn series I've seen

where the road team has won every game since the New Jersey Nets beat defending 1983 NBA

champs Philadelphia 76ers in the 1st rd in 5 games.

The Clips don't play smart at all.

George out their dribling out the damn shock on every possession with those weak ass handles and turning the ball over as a team with unforced errors.

They actually keep the other team in the game.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 06/05/21 11:49am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Go Bucks.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 06/05/21 5:11pm

uPtoWnNY

Uh-oh....Harden left the game with an apparent hamstring injury.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 06/06/21 8:16am

Cerebus

avatar

Go... fuck... idk. Philly I guess. lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 06/06/21 2:15pm

Empress

Cerebus said:

Go... fuck... idk. Philly I guess. lol


As long as it's not the Nets. But, I have a feeling it will be.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 06/06/21 2:28pm

Cerebus

avatar

Empress said:

Cerebus said:

Go... fuck... idk. Philly I guess. lol

As long as it's not the Nets. But, I have a feeling it will be.

Exactly and agreed. 100%. We can still hope though! You never know with injuries and seven game series.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 06/07/21 5:55am

uPtoWnNY

It was fun watching Trae Young wear out the Sixers like he did my Knicks. But Philly did a better job on him late in the game. You have to trap that mfer, get the ball out of his hands.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 06/07/21 8:54am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

The Clippers are alive.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 06/07/21 9:02am

Cerebus

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

The Clippers are alive.

Unfortunately. razz

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 06/07/21 9:03am

Cerebus

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

It was fun watching Trae Young wear out the Sixers like he did my Knicks. But Philly did a better job on him late in the game. You have to trap that mfer, get the ball out of his hands.

That kid is good and nowhere near reaching his peak.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 06/07/21 9:20am

uPtoWnNY

Cerebus said:

uPtoWnNY said:

It was fun watching Trae Young wear out the Sixers like he did my Knicks. But Philly did a better job on him late in the game. You have to trap that mfer, get the ball out of his hands.

That kid is good and nowhere near reaching his peak.

He's also helped by having teammates that can shoot the lights out when he's doubled.

Shaq laughs at Ben Simmons' FT shooting. That shit always bites you come playoff time.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 06/08/21 1:59am

phunkdaddy

avatar

Atlanta got away with one Sunday. It's no way all those guys will be that red hot throughout

the series. Trae will get his but have to shut the rest of the crew down. Doc Rivers lost this game

near the end of the first quarter when he emptied the bench and let his starters get a break into the 2nd quarter as well. Atlanta turned a close game into a big lead. Don't know what the hell Doc was thinking. Sixers owe them a ass whipping come Tuesday.

Don't laugh at my funk
This funk is a serious joint
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 06/08/21 5:51am

uPtoWnNY

phunkdaddy said:

Don't know what the hell Doc was thinking.

Isn't that Doc's M.O. in the playoffs? lol

Damn, Brooklyn put it on Milwaukee last night.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 06/08/21 7:57am

Cerebus

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

phunkdaddy said:

Don't know what the hell Doc was thinking.

Isn't that Doc's M.O. in the playoffs? lol

Damn, Brooklyn put it on Milwaukee last night.



Without Harden. confused Brooklyn's only measurement for success this year is whether or not they win the big trophy. It's scary how good they could have been if the whole team had actually played together all year.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 06/08/21 7:58am

Cerebus

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

Cerebus said:

That kid is good and nowhere near reaching his peak.

He's also helped by having teammates that can shoot the lights out when he's doubled.

Shaq laughs at Ben Simmons' FT shooting. That shit always bites you come playoff time.



It does and Simmons is clearly in his own head about it now more than ever. Also, Shaq DID actually make his when he needed to. Simmons doesn't.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 06/08/21 3:42pm

uPtoWnNY

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 06/14/21 3:10pm

uPtoWnNY

Nets are done if either Kyrie Irving or Harden can't play. Durant's not beating Milwaukee by himself.

Great game by CP3 last night, but Jokic got hosed by that bs call...should have been a flagrant 1, not 2. Nuggets gave all they had, but they were hampred without their #2 star.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 06/16/21 9:24pm

Cerebus

avatar

So many injuries...

So many less than interesting games...

At least the second round in the East feels a LITTLE bit like we're actually watching playoff games...

I still have zero desire to watch a finals with the Clippers or the Nets in them...

That's all I got...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 06/16/21 10:41pm

uPtoWnNY

WTF happened tonight? Both road teams won the crucial Game 5? Sixers should be ashamed of themselves, giving up 40 points in the 4th quarter??? And Paul George was Playoff P. But I do think both series are going 7, as well as the Nets/Bucks. That was an insane, Hall of Fame performance by Durant. Even though Harden obviously wasn't himself, having him do most of the ball handling was a big help.

If the Bucks lose this series, Coach Bud will be out the door. How do you not put Giannis on KD?

Chris Paul is in COVID health and safety protocol...damn, every time that dude gets close, something happens.

Stan Van Gundy O-U-T as Pelicans coach...what a shock.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 06/17/21 9:46am

Cerebus

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

WTF happened tonight? Both road teams won the crucial Game 5? Sixers should be ashamed of themselves, giving up 40 points in the 4th quarter??? And Paul George was Playoff P. But I do think both series are going 7, as well as the Nets/Bucks. That was an insane, Hall of Fame performance by Durant. Even though Harden obviously wasn't himself, having him do most of the ball handling was a big help.

If the Bucks lose this series, Coach Bud will be out the door. How do you not put Giannis on KD?

Chris Paul is in COVID health and safety protocol...damn, every time that dude gets close, something happens.

Stan Van Gundy O-U-T as Pelicans coach...what a shock.



Giannis doesn't have the clutch gene. How long have you been watching basketball? You know what I'm sayin'. That guy is great A LOT of the time. But fourth quater? Important game? Nope. Right now I never, ever expect Giannis to do what Durant did the other night. Maybe he'll get there but so far (as in so far in his career) I haven't seen it. Still, team sport, and the entire Bucks franchise has got to figure out how to win in the post season. You're probably right about coach Bud getting tossed if they lose this series, but this is one of those cases where I don't think the coach has much to do with it. He's got talent and that talent was prepared enough to have a great season. At some point the guys on the court have to want it bad enough to get it done.

I'm giving the Sixers a little more leeway, but not much. Doc's first year and that group of guys hasn't had as many chances to do something special as the Bucks have.

How does one politely say they're happy Chris Paul is out? lol I don't like Chris Paul. Never have. People forget what an dickhole he was for a majority of his career.

Zero surprise about Van Gundy. But also, he ain't the problem there. Those guys needed someone to get in their shit and Van Gundy did that. Those younger guys will probably realize he was right about a lot of things later in their careers... while they forever hear his annoying ass yelling echoing in their heads for all eternity. lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 06/17/21 10:06am

uPtoWnNY

Like I said before, Ben Simmons weaknesses kill you in the playoffs and we're seeing it. His FT shooting is beyond ridiculous.

Giannis should watch 'The Last Dance' and start taking shit personally. biggrin

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 06/17/21 10:11am

Cerebus

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

Like I said before, Ben Simmons weaknesses kill you in the playoffs and we're seeing it. His FT shooting is beyond ridiculous.

Giannis should watch 'The Last Dance' and start taking shit personally. biggrin



The fact that they have to take Simmons out during important stretches at the end of games speaks volumes. That's when the big dogs should be in the fight. No arguments about his FT "attempts", but I still think it's being made worse by the fact that he's in his own head about it. And ffs why do all these ass FT shooters refuse to even TRY shooting them underhand? In Simmons' case it could have actually won them some games if he just made, like, 60-65%. Try anything.


Agreed about Giannis, but I could say that about a lot of the young guys. They like each other too much. Social media generation and all that.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 06/17/21 10:14am

uPtoWnNY

Cerebus said:

Agreed about Giannis, but I could say that about a lot of the young guys. They like each other too much. Social media generation and all that.

Looking forward to tonight;

Giannis Antetokounmpo wan...n Game ...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 06/17/21 10:42pm

Cerebus

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

Cerebus said:

Agreed about Giannis, but I could say that about a lot of the young guys. They like each other too much. Social media generation and all that.

Looking forward to tonight;

Giannis Antetokounmpo wan...n Game ...



Well, Middleton had a great game. lol That guy might have been underpaid when he signed that $177 mil contract.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 06/18/21 5:55pm

uPtoWnNY

If the Clippers get a Pandemic instead of a Playoff P performance, there's a good chance for a Game 7.

Despite a great first half by Young, Philly's only down four. I think they get to a Game 7 too.

Shocked to hear Carlisle's stepping down as Mavs coach. Didn't know there was tension between he & Luka......wonder if he goes to Boston?

https://www.totalprosport...g-tension/

[Edited 6/18/21 18:27pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 06/18/21 10:52pm

Cerebus

avatar

Fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck confused I hate the Clippers so much

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > The Org NBA 2021 Playoff Thread