independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > What about sex scenes?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/25/21 5:58am

gandorb

What about sex scenes?

Is it just me, or do others also feel bored by repeated simulated sex scenes in TV shoes and movies. I have felt like this for a long time, but it really hit home last night when I was watching episode 6 of Bridgerton. The attractive leads are finally into each other but it was just sex scene after sex scene. Yes, it was related to a particular plot element, but I actually fell asleep during this episode in contrast to the engaged interest I had to all the previous episodes. I am not turned off by an occasional shots of attractive people in various stage of undress. It is actually that the simulated sex scenes remind my how much actors have always said that they find them so unsexy and laborious. It also gets me thinking about practical issues about how they are doing it (thongs, etc.). In any case, I feel more removed from the series when it happens, especially when it is prolonged or frequent. Does this resonate with anyone else, or do most people really enjoy them?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/26/21 1:23am

Phase3

Not sure but I will say this.i personally believe the Halle berry and Billy bob sex scene in "Monsters Ball" could be the best sex scene of all time.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/26/21 5:31pm

purplepolitici
an

avatar

^ "Make me feel gooood" lol nuts
For all time I am with you, you are with me.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/26/21 6:14pm

Phase3

purplepolitician said:

^ "Make me feel gooood" lol nuts

biggrin yep that's the one.The sex scene from "Basic instinct" is good too
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/27/21 8:04am

RJOrion

i dont watch trash on tv...i only view sports, music and select Netlix movies, documentaries or specials...if you really are "bored", why do you continue to watch it?...why not just turn the channel or turn off the Hellevision?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/27/21 9:31am

nayroo2002

avatar

'Shameless'

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/27/21 5:29pm

gandorb

RJOrion said:

i dont watch trash on tv...i only view sports, music and select Netlix movies, documentaries or specials...if you really are "bored", why do you continue to watch it?...why not just turn the channel or turn off the Hellevision?

The show itself was actually decent escapist fluff until that episode. It just reminded me of how I get disconnected from a variety of shows or movies that have a prolonged sex scene but otherwise can be good. The disconnect comes from how it just reminds me that they are acting and probably are probably uncomfortable having to repeatedly do the scene rather than thinking that this really is two characters who are making love. It pulls me out of the story, which is boring. They have been some hot scenes in movies where they show chemistry and passion yet don't become softcore porn. I am not against the latter, it is just boring and I typically don't watch shows that rely on it.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/28/21 7:24pm

kewlschool

avatar

Don't watch. Let others enjoy it.

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/29/21 5:35am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

yeah there are times it happens, when we know the information you shared, as well sometimes the scenes make no sense in the space it was placed

gandorb said:

Is it just me, or do others also feel bored by repeated simulated sex scenes in TV shoes and movies. I have felt like this for a long time, but it really hit home last night when I was watching episode 6 of Bridgerton. The attractive leads are finally into each other but it was just sex scene after sex scene. Yes, it was related to a particular plot element, but I actually fell asleep during this episode in contrast to the engaged interest I had to all the previous episodes. I am not turned off by an occasional shots of attractive people in various stage of undress. It is actually that the simulated sex scenes remind my how much actors have always said that they find them so unsexy and laborious. It also gets me thinking about practical issues about how they are doing it (thongs, etc.). In any case, I feel more removed from the series when it happens, especially when it is prolonged or frequent. Does this resonate with anyone else, or do most people really enjoy them?

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
https://www.youtube.com/w...XfF2cimj7I
Never No Time To Play...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/29/21 4:11pm

gandorb

kewlschool said:

Don't watch. Let others enjoy it.

Absolutely, never at all indicated that others shouldn't enjoy it. Sex scenes are so pervasive in entertainment that I just wondered if there were some people who don't necessarily think they are the best or most engaging parts of a series or movie. If you read my earlier response, I was engaged in the series in question even though it had occasional sex scenes, but fell asleep in the one episode that had one sex scene after the other. I just found that curious given that sex scenes are supposed to engage and arouse, especially given that the participants were definitely attractive. So it was out of curiosity rather than any judgment that led me to do the OP. By the way, I am glad that I continued watching the series, because the subsequent episodes reverted back to form.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/02/21 3:51pm

coldcoffeeandc
ocacola

avatar

Ugh hate a sex scene

Awkward viewing with pretty much anyone but your spouse and even then it's usually gratuitous filler



3way
[Edited 5/2/21 15:53pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/04/21 10:29am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Always found it weird. When some actor is sucking on some actresses tits, he is actually doing it. lol That aint acting. A married man can tough some gals boobs and ass, nice lol

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/04/21 10:55am

nayroo2002

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Always found it weird. When some actor is sucking on some actresses tits, he is actually doing it. lol That aint acting. A married man can tough some gals boobs and ass, nice lol

Actors are high paid whores.

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/04/21 5:39pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

I just watched sebastian stan in "endings, beginnings". OMGraciousness. I see why the internets are aflamed. I'm blushing.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/05/21 9:12pm

kewlschool

avatar

coldcoffeeandcocacola said:

Ugh hate a sex scene Awkward viewing with pretty much anyone but your spouse and even then it's usually gratuitous filler 3way [Edited 5/2/21 15:53pm]

Some shows need gratuitous nudity to make them entertaining. razz lol

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/05/21 9:47pm

purplepolitici
an

avatar

Phase3 said:

purplepolitician said:

^ "Make me feel gooood" lol nuts

biggrin yep that's the one.The sex scene from "Basic instinct" is good too

sperm Will watch anything with Sharon Stone in it that I come across just cuz lol love.
For all time I am with you, you are with me.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/06/21 2:35pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

^ I now think of her in the new pope. There's no sex scene but it has a sensualness to it. I'd post it but it's 6min long and there's some bible talk which might fry a few synapses at the mere mention.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > What about sex scenes?