independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > New Movie Thread
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/01/21 2:03pm

nayroo2002

avatar

New Movie Thread

0513329.jpg

No brainer for an easy easter viewing.

What else do you expect from covid Holliwould?

Lotsa CGI and scream/cry-"acting"

3/9.9 for the fight scenes

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/01/21 9:09pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

I was going to watch G vs K, but realized the Monsterverse had 3 movies before. So, since last night I've watched Godzilla and Kong: Skull Island. Then it's onto Godzilla: King of the Monsters, then G vs K this weekend.

Also watched both Justice League movies last week. I can see why people shit on the first version. It was horrible.

I realized I didn't own The Rise of Skywalker, and picked up the BluRay over the weekend. I'd seen it in theaters, but we ended up sitting and watching it the other night. Fun to see it again

I've never watched The Mummy movies w/ Frasier, so that's next week's viewing.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/02/21 11:27am

onlyforaminute

avatar

Oh here we go again the battle of 2 Titans. WB needs to stop. This ain't Rome.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/05/21 3:26pm

coldcoffeeandc
ocacola

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

I was going to watch G vs K, but realized the Monsterverse had 3 movies before. So, since last night I've watched Godzilla and Kong: Skull Island. Then it's onto Godzilla: King of the Monsters, then G vs K this weekend.

Also watched both Justice League movies last week. I can see why people shit on the first version. It was horrible.

I realized I didn't own The Rise of Skywalker, and picked up the BluRay over the weekend. I'd seen it in theaters, but we ended up sitting and watching it the other night. Fun to see it again

I've never watched The Mummy movies w/ Frasier, so that's next week's viewing.




Brendan Frasier is so beautiful! The Mummy is fun! Sounds like a good weekend. He did this really silly film called blast from the past it's nowhere near the mummy but its pretty funny if you fancy a brendanathon/brendan marathon.
[Edited 4/5/21 15:27pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/05/21 10:41pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

You haven't seen Brendan in quite a few years. He's been through some things.




GvsK-what can I say? I really enjoyed the prior Godzilla movie which is unusual. Not going to rate it becauses I know these types of movies aren't my thing it's hard to gauge.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/07/21 9:10pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Finally watched Godzilla vs. Kong last night. It's a great rollicking time!

Tonight, I'm starting The Mummy movies, which I've never seen.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/07/21 9:27pm

uPtoWnNY

nayroo2002 said:

0513329.jpg

No brainer for an easy easter viewing.

What else do you expect from covid Holliwould?

Lotsa CGI and scream/cry-"acting"

3/9.9 for the fight scenes

Being a hardcore G-fan, I can't wait to see this. I loved the previous film, King of the Monsters.

I could care less about the human characters....if you took a poll of Godzilla fans, the only human we cared about was Dr. Serizawa from the 1954 Japanese original, which was pretty dark & depressing in its tone. We just want to see Godzilla be Godzilla. biggrin

Mortal Kombat April 16th - it's going to be a fun spring!

[Edited 4/7/21 21:28pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/08/21 10:39am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Prefer the cheesy Godzilla MST3K parody.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/08/21 10:46am

nayroo2002

avatar

I watched the original Godzilla with my son last December.

I told him it was a japanese christmas movie.

We loved it!

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/08/21 2:00pm

uPtoWnNY

nayroo2002 said:

I watched the original Godzilla with my son last December.

I told him it was a japanese christmas movie.

We loved it!

The Japanese version w/ subtitles, right? Not the butchered American version w/ Raymond Burr.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/08/21 2:48pm

nayroo2002

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

nayroo2002 said:

I watched the original Godzilla with my son last December.

I told him it was a japanese christmas movie.

We loved it!

The Japanese version w/ subtitles, right? Not the butchered American version w/ Raymond Burr.

No, no subtitles.

OG, yo!

(Original Godzilla)

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > New Movie Thread