independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > The scariest horror films ever made
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 3 <123
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 11/15/20 12:15pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

I watched The Wicked the other night. It had a lot of lore built into that could have been executed much better. It felt cheesy, dorky at times. But the setups were there. Almost felt like a prototype.

I have The Dark and the Wicked (not related to the above film) to watch. Someone mentioned it the other day.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 11/15/20 4:44pm

Margot

I stopped watching that genre after The Exorcist.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 11/15/20 6:11pm

SoulAlive

OldFriends4Sale said:

Item73517M.jpg.jpg


This is a really,really,great movie.The storyline is simple and has been done many times,but the execution is outstanding.Very scary!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 11/16/20 7:16am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Last nights football game.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 11/16/20 5:07pm

slyjackson

SoulAlive said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

This is a really,really,great movie.The storyline is simple and has been done many times,but the execution is outstanding.Very scary!

Wow everybody praise this movie, I can't see why, it's an ok film, but I just don't get it.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 11/17/20 2:47pm

TonyVanDam

avatar

My Top 5 for scariest after first time viewing back in the days:

.

1. Poltergeist [1982 original]

2. The Exorcist

3. Salem's Lot [1979 original]

4. The Enitity

5. Night Of The Demons [1988 original]

.

.

It should not comes as a surprise to anyone that, except for Salem's Lot, the horror films on my list involves demonic entities/demons/evil spirits. boxed

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 11/18/20 6:19am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

TonyVanDam said:

My Top 5 for scariest after first time viewing back in the days:

.

1. Poltergeist [1982 original]

2. The Exorcist

3. Salem's Lot [1979 original]

4. The Enitity

5. Night Of The Demons [1988 original]

.

.

It should not comes as a surprise to anyone that, except for Salem's Lot, the horror films on my list involves demonic entities/demons/evil spirits. boxed

Yep. And Salem's lot has an undercurrent of the demonic entities/demons/evil spirits

I don't recall if I've seen The Entity

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/464433 9.24.2020
if you ever try the lotus position
Try it while you're being strangled
Do U understand what I'm saying?
#IDEFINEME
It’s unloving and selfish to be easily offended
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 11/18/20 2:00pm

ufoclub

avatar

There's that scene towards the beginning of the The Others that is genuinely frightening. When one kid is telling the other that an imaginary friend is right behind a curtain.

My original viewings of both The Exorcist (on TV as a 5th grader), and The Blair Witch Project (a sneak preview at an independent theater before it got a mass release) stand as really scary experiences.



Of course, there's the original Halloween (again on TV in 6th grade) and The Shining (on cable in 7th grade).

When I was a toddler there was an episode of Gilligan's Island with a bank robber pretending to be a ghost that scared us kids out of the room.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 11/18/20 2:45pm

slyjackson

ufoclub said:

There's that scene towards the beginning of the The Others that is genuinely frightening. When one kid is telling the other that an imaginary friend is right behind a curtain.

My original viewings of both The Exorcist (on TV as a 5th grader), and The Blair Witch Project (a sneak preview at an independent theater before it got a mass release) stand as really scary experiences.



Of course, there's the original Halloween (again on TV in 6th grade) and The Shining (on cable in 7th grade).

When I was a toddler there was an episode of Gilligan's Island with a bank robber pretending to be a ghost that scared us kids out of the room.

The Others is a film so wonderful and beautifully mad that I regard as a masterpiece. God knows how much I enjoy watching that piece of art.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 11/26/20 7:36am

Kobe

avatar

I agree The Others has scary moments and another movie worth mentioning is Stir of Echoes.

And girls, if you wanna to get that lovely tattoo of the sunrise rising out of your ass crack... Gorgeous when you're 20, but when you're 50, it's an octopus chasing a fucking starfish ~ Robin Williams
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 11/27/20 10:16pm

JoeyC

avatar

Although it's not the scariest movie ever made, one movie that i think is really underrated is Amityville II: The Possession. That move has some major creep factors. it has demon possession, domestic violence, mass murder and incest. And you can't get too much more creepier (and fucked up) than that. if you haven't seen it then check it out. And if it's been a while since you've seen it, then give it another try. i saw that movie when it first came out (1982, been a long time horror fan) and it's stuck with me ever since. Hands down though, the movie that scared me the most was Carrie. All that blood plus Carrie's creepy eyes? And that prayer closet? disbelief bawl hmph! That night i slept with the lights on. i think i was around 12 when i first saw it. The Exorcist was pretty scary as well. i was a teenager when i first saw that one though.


Here's a few other ones that i think are up there.

The Shining(i think Dr Sleep is really, really good as well)
Nightmare on Elm Street
it chapter 2

Land of the Dead
Shadow of the Vampire.
The Conjuring
The first two Evil Dead's plus the remake.
Sinister
The Witch
Salem's Lot
Nosferatu
The Descent
An American Werewolf in London.
Stir of Echoes
Jeepers Creepers
The Thing
The legend of Hell House.
1408(a new classic !)
Poltergeist 2 (Poltergeist is a classic, and i think is the better movie, but i think part two is more scary(creepier).
Insidious
Invasion of the Body Snatchers(1978)
Martin
Train to Busan
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(original)
Hereditary(even though i still haven't finished that movie, after about a year now, what I've seen so far has me spooked). i still don't know if it's mental illness or devil shit. Hereditary is one unsettling movie.

There's more, but that's enough for now.

Anyways, slasher and Zombie movies don't do much for me. i do like them but not nearly as much as the paranormal stuff. That's my real passion.


Honorable mentions!

1BR (i thought that was a good one)
His House(black horror, creepy as hell !!)
The Beyond
Grave Encounters
Drag Me to Hell
The Invisible Man(2020). i thought that movie was really good.
The Autopsy of Jane Doe!!
The Hidden
Demons
Fear No Evil
In the Tall Grass(some people don't like it, but i thought it was a pretty cool twilight zone ish horror movie).

[Edited 11/27/20 22:30pm]

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 11/28/20 3:58pm

SoulAlive

It's one of my Top 10 favorite movies.I felt so bad for the way they treated Carrie throughout.But what goes around comes around.She got her revenge at the prom biggrin

JoeyC said:

Hands down though, the movie that scared me the most was Carrie. All that blood plus Carrie's creepy eyes? And that prayer closet? disbelief bawl hmph! That night i slept with the lights on. i think i was around 12 when i first saw it.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 11/28/20 4:00pm

SoulAlive

Carrie (DVD) - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 11/30/20 4:04am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Thankskilling!

No Matter How ANYONE tries to justify it our rights, freedoms, and Liberties are being restricted in the name of COVID-19.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 11/30/20 7:42am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 3 <123
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > The scariest horror films ever made