independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > 80's Movies you haven't seen yet
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/25/20 9:43am

kpowers

avatar

80's Movies you haven't seen yet

Well my plan is to watch these movies by the end of the year. What are some of the popular 80's movies you haven't yet seen but plan on seeing it?

2738d2aa04c3de46f35a359781739044.jpg91NK4pNIqrL._SL1500_.jpg41SDMRH0M5L.jpg51Koqtt1r7L._AC_.jpg

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/25/20 10:12am

alphastreet

I never saw sixteen candles but hear it’s good
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/25/20 10:57am

sexton

avatar

kpowers said:

What are some of the popular 80's movies you haven't yet seen but plan on seeing it?


I recently added Xanadu to my HBO Max queue. Was that considered popular?

I've had the Blu-ray of Brazil on my shelf for a few years now. I really should watch that one day.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/25/20 1:54pm

Hudson

avatar

Gremlins
Das Boot
The Elephant Man
A Christmas Story
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/25/20 3:21pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:

Well my plan is to watch these movies by the end of the year. What are some of the popular 80's movies you haven't yet seen but plan on seeing it?


2738d2aa04c3de46f35a359781739044.jpg91NK4pNIqrL._SL1500_.jpg41SDMRH0M5L.jpg51Koqtt1r7L._AC_.jpg



Inconceivable! How have you not seen The Princess Bride?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/25/20 4:45pm

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

kpowers said:

Well my plan is to watch these movies by the end of the year. What are some of the popular 80's movies you haven't yet seen but plan on seeing it?


2738d2aa04c3de46f35a359781739044.jpg91NK4pNIqrL._SL1500_.jpg41SDMRH0M5L.jpg51Koqtt1r7L._AC_.jpg



Inconceivable! How have you not seen The Princess Bride?

I know, it's on the top of my list
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/25/20 5:37pm

slyjackson

Robocop and Terminator just to name a few.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/25/20 11:34pm

onlyforaminute

Odds are high if i haven't seen it by now I won't be seeing it. Right now can't think of any popular ones. Maybe I saw them all.
If you carry the egg basket do not dance.

Do good, then throw it into the sea.

#octavia tried to tell us
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/25/20 11:45pm

Phase3

slyjackson said:

Robocop and Terminator just to name a few.


Those 2 are really great,especially Terminator

2 80s movies that come to my mind that I haven't seen are
Mad Max and Blade Runner.

I also have never seen Bill and Ted
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/26/20 12:49am

EmmaMcG

avatar

Phase3 said:

slyjackson said:

Robocop and Terminator just to name a few.


Those 2 are really great,especially Terminator

2 80s movies that come to my mind that I haven't seen are
Mad Max and Blade Runner.

I also have never seen Bill and Ted



Mad Max isn't an 80s movie. It's a 70s movie.

Make sure you watch "The Final Cut" of Blade Runner. There are like 7 different versions of the movie including a so called "directors cut" which isn't actually the director's cut. The Final Cut version is the definitive version according to the director.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/26/20 2:25am

kpowers

avatar

sexton said:

kpowers said:

What are some of the popular 80's movies you haven't yet seen but plan on seeing it?


I recently added Xanadu to my HBO Max queue. Was that considered popular?

I've had the Blu-ray of Brazil on my shelf for a few years now. I really should watch that one day.

1980?? Olivia Newton John?? Yeah it was popular, not a good movie but the sound track was good.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/26/20 2:26am

kpowers

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

Phase3 said:
Those 2 are really great,especially Terminator 2 80s movies that come to my mind that I haven't seen are Mad Max and Blade Runner. I also have never seen Bill and Ted
Mad Max isn't an 80s movie. It's a 70s movie. Make sure you watch "The Final Cut" of Blade Runner. There are like 7 different versions of the movie including a so called "directors cut" which isn't actually the director's cut. The Final Cut version is the definitive version according to the director.

What are your picks Emma???

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/26/20 3:31am

EmmaMcG

avatar

kpowers said:



EmmaMcG said:


Phase3 said:
Those 2 are really great,especially Terminator 2 80s movies that come to my mind that I haven't seen are Mad Max and Blade Runner. I also have never seen Bill and Ted

Mad Max isn't an 80s movie. It's a 70s movie. Make sure you watch "The Final Cut" of Blade Runner. There are like 7 different versions of the movie including a so called "directors cut" which isn't actually the director's cut. The Final Cut version is the definitive version according to the director.

What are your picks Emma???



I can't think of any 80s movies I haven't seen that I want to see.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/26/20 4:27am

KingBAD

gee

if they're 80s movies and i didn't see em

makin a list would be a bit of an issue...

if i didn't think of them then

not gonna think em up now...

lol lol lol lol lol lol

i am KING BAD!!!
you are NOT...
evilking
"KingBAD, well you are just a troll" (an emotional fan)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/27/20 7:37pm

PURplEMaPLeSyr
up

avatar

dune

blue velvet

flowing through the veins of the tree of life...purplemaplesyrup
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/27/20 8:42pm

kpowers

avatar

PURplEMaPLeSyrup said:

dune

blue velvet

Two movies that bored me and I turned them off bored2 bored

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/28/20 8:27am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Batman, u have just no taste. Blue Velvet masterwork.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/28/20 4:48pm

PURplEMaPLeSyr
up

avatar

kpowers said:

PURplEMaPLeSyrup said:

dune

blue velvet

Two movies that bored me and I turned them off bored2 bored

lol aww. i'm not xpecting 2 'get' what theyre about, but intrigued 2 see what his earlier films r like smile

flowing through the veins of the tree of life...purplemaplesyrup
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/29/20 5:00am

Poplife88

avatar

sexton said:

kpowers said:

What are some of the popular 80's movies you haven't yet seen but plan on seeing it?


I recently added Xanadu to my HBO Max queue. Was that considered popular?

I've had the Blu-ray of Brazil on my shelf for a few years now. I really should watch that one day.

Soundtrack yes, movie was a gigantic bomb.

I saw the movie again recently and its still sucks but it does have its moments. Seeing Olivia and Gene Kelly dance was nice to see.

Olivia never looked better than she does in this movie.

The one who sticks out is Michael Beck fresh from the Warriors. He is terrible in this. Absolutely NO chemistry with olivia. Talk about mis-cast!

We're gonna need a bigger boat
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/29/20 5:01am

Poplife88

avatar

I've never made it through Blade Runner without falling asleep.

We're gonna need a bigger boat
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/29/20 9:21am

kpowers

avatar

Poplife88 said:

sexton said:


I recently added Xanadu to my HBO Max queue. Was that considered popular?

I've had the Blu-ray of Brazil on my shelf for a few years now. I really should watch that one day.

Soundtrack yes, movie was a gigantic bomb.

I saw the movie again recently and its still sucks but it does have its moments. Seeing Olivia and Gene Kelly dance was nice to see.

Olivia never looked better than she does in this movie.

The one who sticks out is Michael Beck fresh from the Warriors. He is terrible in this. Absolutely NO chemistry with olivia. Talk about mis-cast!

Yeah I too recently saw it again, mostly because I haven't seen it in almost 40 years, Yeah just a bad script, people were hoping it was the next Grease, it wasn't. Olivia looks so cute in the movie, though I think the role she played was supposed to be a younger female like late teens/early 20's while Olivia was 32 when this movie came out.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/30/20 6:44am

Genesia

avatar

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who was alive in the 80s and never saw E.T. lol

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/30/20 9:22am

KingBAD

Genesia said:

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who was alive in the 80s and never saw E.T. lol

NOPE!!!

i am KING BAD!!!
you are NOT...
evilking
"KingBAD, well you are just a troll" (an emotional fan)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/30/20 11:17pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

I'm a Gen X, and I never saw:

The Goonies

Blade Runner

The Blues Brothers

Caddyshack

Raging Bull

Time Bandits

Absense of Malice

An American Werewolf in London

Bustin' Loose

Taps

Take This Job and Shove It

Creepshow

The Dark Crystal

The Big Chill

The Right Stuff

Valley Girl

Moscow on the Hudson

Streets of Fire

The Pope of Greenwich Village

Conan The Destroyer

The Woman in Red

Bolero

C.H.U.D.

A Christmas Story (I refuse)

Prizzi's Honor

The Color of Money

She's Gotta Have It

Any Meatballs movies
Nothing with Chevy Chase (including any National Lampoon's movies)

Nothing with Burt Reynolds, if I can help it

Any of the Jaws movies

that covers through 1987.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/01/20 12:23am

kpowers

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

I'm a Gen X, and I never saw:

The Goonies

Blade Runner

The Blues Brothers

Caddyshack

Raging Bull

Time Bandits

Absense of Malice

An American Werewolf in London

Bustin' Loose

Taps

Take This Job and Shove It

Creepshow

The Dark Crystal

The Big Chill

The Right Stuff

Valley Girl

Moscow on the Hudson

Streets of Fire

The Pope of Greenwich Village

Conan The Destroyer

The Woman in Red

Bolero

C.H.U.D.

A Christmas Story (I refuse)

Prizzi's Honor

The Color of Money

She's Gotta Have It

Any Meatballs movies
Nothing with Chevy Chase (including any National Lampoon's movies)

Nothing with Burt Reynolds, if I can help it

Any of the Jaws movies

that covers through 1987.

Well the movies highlighted I have not seen as well, would like to see Time Bandits

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/01/20 7:30am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Watch the Color of Money.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/01/20 5:38pm

sexton

avatar

kpowers said:

What are some of the popular 80's movies you haven't yet seen but plan on seeing it?



TrivialPursuit said:

I'm a Gen X, and I never saw:

The Goonies

Blade Runner

The Blues Brothers

Caddyshack

Raging Bull

Time Bandits

Absense of Malice

An American Werewolf in London

Bustin' Loose

Taps

Take This Job and Shove It

Creepshow

The Dark Crystal

The Big Chill

The Right Stuff

Valley Girl

Moscow on the Hudson

Streets of Fire

The Pope of Greenwich Village

Conan The Destroyer

The Woman in Red

Bolero

C.H.U.D.

A Christmas Story (I refuse)

Prizzi's Honor

The Color of Money

She's Gotta Have It

Any Meatballs movies
Nothing with Chevy Chase (including any National Lampoon's movies)

Nothing with Burt Reynolds, if I can help it

Any of the Jaws movies

that covers through 1987.


But how many of these do you want to see?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/01/20 7:29pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

sexton said:

TrivialPursuit said:

I'm a Gen X, and I never saw:

The Goonies

Blade Runner

The Blues Brothers

Caddyshack

Raging Bull

Time Bandits

Absense of Malice

An American Werewolf in London

Bustin' Loose

Taps

Take This Job and Shove It

Creepshow

The Dark Crystal

The Big Chill

The Right Stuff

Valley Girl

Moscow on the Hudson

Streets of Fire

The Pope of Greenwich Village

Conan The Destroyer

The Woman in Red

Bolero

C.H.U.D.

A Christmas Story (I refuse)

Prizzi's Honor

The Color of Money

She's Gotta Have It

Any Meatballs movies
Nothing with Chevy Chase (including any National Lampoon's movies)

Nothing with Burt Reynolds, if I can help it

Any of the Jaws movies

that covers through 1987.


But how many of these do you want to see?

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 10/01/20 11:57pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

Ishtar (1987)


Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 10/03/20 8:00am

Margot

I haven't seen

-Blade Runner

-Raging Bull (fight scenes looked brutal)

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > 80's Movies you haven't seen yet