independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Rate the Last TV Series You Watched
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 06/21/20 9:14am

sexton

avatar

Watchmen-2019.jpg

Watchmen


I imagine this radical take on events after the graphic novel got a polarizing reception from comic book fans. I thought however that it was near perfect. 4.5/5

[Edited 6/27/20 18:47pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 07/01/20 10:49pm

kpowers

avatar

Lost In Space Finale | Maureen destroy Resolute to stop Robots ...

LUCIFER Season 4 DVD And Blu-ray Release Details | News Break

Well I bought season 1 of Lost in Space and season 4 of Lucifer, enjoying both shows so far.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 07/02/20 11:05am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

sexton said:

Watchmen-2019.jpg

Watchmen


I imagine this radical take on events after the graphic novel got a polarizing reception from comic book fans. I thought however that it was near perfect. 4.5/5

[Edited 6/27/20 18:47pm]

They didn't renew it sad

"if your voice held no power, they wouldn't try to silence you."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 07/02/20 5:37pm

onlyforaminute

Perry Mason 4/5. I was going to give this a hard pass. I used to watch the original with my grandmother and Raymond Burr is Perry Mason as far as I'm concerned. But I peeked. I guess this is the prequel, interesting twist, so far I like it.


I May Destroy You. 4.5/5. I wasn't gonna mention this one here but why not it's a good show dealing with a very serious complicated subject matter. At this point I've watched everything Micheala has made and it's been pretty frikkin good.
If you carry the egg basket do not dance.

Do good, then throw it into the sea.

#octavia tried to tell us
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 07/02/20 8:09pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Glenn Martin, DDS Free on the Roku channel.

It is an over the top crude corny claymation... It's tone and humor is simular to Family Guy...

It ran for 2 seasons of 20 eps each...

it was on Nick at Night 2010-11. It received mixed reviews, Some of which I think was due to it being on Nickelodeon.

I think it deserves more praise...

The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 07/04/20 12:42pm

gandorb

Who's who in My Brilliant Friend | TVNZ OnDemand

This Italian series is the best series I have seen in a long time. The artistry and the emotional depth remind me of the great European films of the 70s such as Bergman. It is on HBO. It starts off slow but worth seeing the whole thing.

Season 1: star star star star star

Season 2: star star star star star

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 07/04/20 6:21pm

onlyforaminute

Space Force (Netflix) 3/5 I like the pairing of Steve Carell & John Malkovich. But now I wish I hadn't learned something about chimps I could have lived the rest of my life never knowing.



I'll be gone in the dark. not rating just yet. Not too interested in the content but in the fact it's Michelle McNamara's obsession
[Edited 7/5/20 23:10pm]
If you carry the egg basket do not dance.

Do good, then throw it into the sea.

#octavia tried to tell us
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 07/07/20 1:03am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

I just finished Penny Dreadful: City of Angels. I enjoyed it. I've not watched the other PD shows.

I'm still working thru Vida.

Seriously though, that's about it. NOTHING on TV lately, and nothing much interests me.

Just when U think U've got more than enough, that's when it all up and flies away.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 07/07/20 1:08am

DaveT

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

MV5BMTBkZDFkOTMtODdkYy00NjRkLTg3NjYtMjY3MmE1MTY4NmE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg




A Mark Ruffalo tour de force performance. He filmed each role separately - gained something like 40-50 lbs to play his schizophrenic twin brother. Seamlessly CGI stitched together and nice casting of the brothers as children and young adults. Marvelous acting turns by Kathryn Hahn and Rosie O'Donnell and Bruce Greenwood. 6th and final episode forthcoming but I already give this series (parts 1-5) 4.5/5 star star star star 1/2



****UPDATE****

I stand by my assesment of Mark Ruffalo's performance but the mini lost steam in the final two episdes and wraps up in a neatly tied bow. The final plot twists were anti-climatic

final rating star star star 1/2 out of 5







[Edited 6/18/20 20:28pm]



Disappointed this isn't a Spandau Ballet biopic ...

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 07/07/20 11:12am

Phishanga

avatar

Dark. 8/10. It's a really special show and can be quite confusing and overwhelming at times, so I find it hard to rate. But in the end it's quite a journey. Has anybody seen it? Curious to hear what you think.

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 07/07/20 12:55pm

sexton

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

I just finished Penny Dreadful: City of Angels. I enjoyed it. I've not watched the other PD shows.

I'm still working thru Vida.

Seriously though, that's about it. NOTHING on TV lately, and nothing much interests me.


I wish there could be a point where there isn't anything that interests me on TV anymore. Even being under lockdown because of this pandemic, I still have no time to start watching The Wire, Fargo, Atlanta, Big Little Lies, Chernobyl, The Plot Against America, etc. And then there's seemingly every movie on the Criterion Channel. I didn't think my interests were that broad, but there's too much out there for me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 07/07/20 2:52pm

noimageatall

avatar

Phishanga said:

Dark. 8/10. It's a really special show and can be quite confusing and overwhelming at times, so I find it hard to rate. But in the end it's quite a journey. Has anybody seen it? Curious to hear what you think.

I swear I was just going to post this. I'm almost on the final episode of season 3. I found I had to go back and re-watch the first 2 to refresh my memory. It's amazing. Definitely somewhat confusing and overwhelming yet so good. I find myself switching back and forth between English and German to compare the voices. Hard to rate is accurate. But one of the best series I've seen.

After I'm finished I'm going to search spoilers/explanations for some of the more confusing timeline aspects. cool biggrin

"Let love be your perfect weapon..." ~~Andy Biersack
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 07/07/20 9:20pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

sexton said:

TrivialPursuit said:

I just finished Penny Dreadful: City of Angels. I enjoyed it. I've not watched the other PD shows.

I'm still working thru Vida.

Seriously though, that's about it. NOTHING on TV lately, and nothing much interests me.


I wish there could be a point where there isn't anything that interests me on TV anymore. Even being under lockdown because of this pandemic, I still have no time to start watching The Wire, Fargo, Atlanta, Big Little Lies, Chernobyl, The Plot Against America, etc. And then there's seemingly every movie on the Criterion Channel. I didn't think my interests were that broad, but there's too much out there for me.



I feel the same way. I find myself watching more movies and documentaries than TV shows. I started watching Succession, but not obsessively - although I do like it. I am at the end of S2 and have one more after that. Figure I'll finish by end of summer.

"if your voice held no power, they wouldn't try to silence you."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 07/07/20 11:53pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

sexton said:


I wish there could be a point where there isn't anything that interests me on TV anymore. Even being under lockdown because of this pandemic, I still have no time to start watching The Wire, Fargo, Atlanta, Big Little Lies, Chernobyl, The Plot Against America, etc. And then there's seemingly every movie on the Criterion Channel. I didn't think my interests were that broad, but there's too much out there for me.



I feel the same way. I find myself watching more movies and documentaries than TV shows. I started watching Succession, but not obsessively - although I do like it. I am at the end of S2 and have one more after that. Figure I'll finish by end of summer.


I think I also get anxious about trying to set aside the time for it. I've been repairing a quilt, sewing fabric for a footstool reupholstering, learning makeup, and a few other things during quarantine. TV often takes a backseat and my Broadway Fun playlist on Spotify takes the lead while I'm at the sewing machine or in front of a mirror with brushes and palettes in hand.

Just when U think U've got more than enough, that's when it all up and flies away.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 07/08/20 7:49am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

DiminutiveRocker said:



I feel the same way. I find myself watching more movies and documentaries than TV shows. I started watching Succession, but not obsessively - although I do like it. I am at the end of S2 and have one more after that. Figure I'll finish by end of summer.


I think I also get anxious about trying to set aside the time for it. I've been repairing a quilt, sewing fabric for a footstool reupholstering, learning makeup, and a few other things during quarantine. TV often takes a backseat and my Broadway Fun playlist on Spotify takes the lead while I'm at the sewing machine or in front of a mirror with brushes and palettes in hand.


And I thought I was DIYing it! I plan to put up new backsplash in my kitchen and paint all the cupboards, reupholster my office chair seat and do a deep deep purge of "stuff" before reconfiguring two closets!

***You know how to repair a quilt? eek I may orgnote you. One of my favorite quilts got scorched and I want to repair it***





"if your voice held no power, they wouldn't try to silence you."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 07/08/20 12:52pm

Phishanga

avatar

noimageatall said:

Phishanga said:

Dark. 8/10. It's a really special show and can be quite confusing and overwhelming at times, so I find it hard to rate. But in the end it's quite a journey. Has anybody seen it? Curious to hear what you think.

I swear I was just going to post this. I'm almost on the final episode of season 3. I found I had to go back and re-watch the first 2 to refresh my memory. It's amazing. Definitely somewhat confusing and overwhelming yet so good. I find myself switching back and forth between English and German to compare the voices. Hard to rate is accurate. But one of the best series I've seen.

After I'm finished I'm going to search spoilers/explanations for some of the more confusing timeline aspects. cool biggrin

thumbs up! I'm German, so naturally I watched in German. I briefly checked the English sub though, also to see if it sounds and looks ok. Their official site has nice visualisation to read up on what happens when!

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 07/08/20 12:58pm

noimageatall

avatar

Phishanga said:

noimageatall said:

I swear I was just going to post this. I'm almost on the final episode of season 3. I found I had to go back and re-watch the first 2 to refresh my memory. It's amazing. Definitely somewhat confusing and overwhelming yet so good. I find myself switching back and forth between English and German to compare the voices. Hard to rate is accurate. But one of the best series I've seen.

After I'm finished I'm going to search spoilers/explanations for some of the more confusing timeline aspects. cool biggrin

thumbs up! I'm German, so naturally I watched in German. I briefly checked the English sub though, also to see if it sounds and looks ok. Their official site has nice visualisation to read up on what happens when!

Just finished the series last night. I know a little German from staying in Wiesbaden for 3 months a few years ago. Trying to learn more. I found I liked the German audio better anyway. wink Thanks, I'll look at the site. thumbs up!

"Let love be your perfect weapon..." ~~Andy Biersack
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 07/08/20 4:19pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

***You know how to repair a quilt? eek I may orgnote you. One of my favorite quilts got scorched and I want to repair it***


I'm not sure I know much about scorching. But I would imagine there is plenty of 411 on YouTube or something about just that topic.

I made the quilt about 16 years ago and hand stitched the whole thing. Over the years, it has sorta torn loose, come apart, etc. It's been shoved in a closet for the past decade or so. Since I was in the house with a sewing machine, I figured I'd work it over. I took the top patchwork part off, and restitched each column and row (over the existing handstitch). Then I bought new fabric for the back, and used the previous back fabric for new top and bottom panels on the front. Put new batting in it, too.

I used some of the old batting in the footstool I recovered. The swatches were from Joybird, a custom furniture maker online. If you order samples, they send you a box of about 64 swatches. I had a couple of friends order some for me and I ordered another set on my own. It took about 224 3" squares, sewing each one to another, one by one. Took me about 12 hours over two days. I like to work fast when I'm doing something so all these projects go quick. But the quilt took a good month to get through everything I was doing. Measuring, remeasuring, pinning, sewing, unpinning, repeat.

But really, look up the scorching thing. There may be a way to soak it in a solution or use some household item on it to remove the burns. Although, burns do change the fabric, so you may be forced to repair those areas with new material or something.

[Edited 7/8/20 22:16pm]

Just when U think U've got more than enough, that's when it all up and flies away.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 07/08/20 8:42pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

***You know how to repair a quilt? eek I may orgnote you. One of my favorite quilts got scorched and I want to repair it***


I'm not sure I know much about scortching. But I would imagine there is plenty of 411 on YouTube or something about just that topic.

I made the quilt about 16 years ago and hand stitched the whole thing. Over the years, it has sorta torn loose, come apart, etc. It's been shoved in a closet for the past decade or so. Since I was in the house with a sewing machine, I figured I'd work it over. I took the top patchwork part off, and restitched each column and row (over the existing handstitch). Then I bought new fabric for the back, and used the previous back fabric for new top and bottom panels on the front. Put new batting in it, too.

I used some of the old batting in the footstool I recovered. The swatches were from Joybird, a custom furniture maker online. If you order samples, they send you a box of about 64 swatches. I had a couple of friends order some for me and I ordered another set on my own. It took about 224 3" squares, sewing each one to another, one by one. Took me about 12 hours over two days. I like to work fast when I'm doing something so all these projects go quick. But the quilt took a good month to get through everything I was doing. Measuring, remeasuring, pinning, sewing, unpinning, repeat.

But really, look up the scortching thing. There may be a way to soak it in a solution or use some household item on it to remove the burns. Although, burns do change the fabric, so you may be forced to repair those areas with new material or something.


biggrin thank you!

"if your voice held no power, they wouldn't try to silence you."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 07/08/20 9:01pm

gandorb

DiminutiveRocker said:

sexton said:


I wish there could be a point where there isn't anything that interests me on TV anymore. Even being under lockdown because of this pandemic, I still have no time to start watching The Wire, Fargo, Atlanta, Big Little Lies, Chernobyl, The Plot Against America, etc. And then there's seemingly every movie on the Criterion Channel. I didn't think my interests were that broad, but there's too much out there for me.



I feel the same way. I find myself watching more movies and documentaries than TV shows. I started watching Succession, but not obsessively - although I do like it. I am at the end of S2 and have one more after that. Figure I'll finish by end of summer.

You are showing great restraint with Succession. I found it really addictive and went through the whole thing in a couple of weeks. Enjoy Season 3!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 07/08/20 9:08pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

gandorb said:

DiminutiveRocker said:



I feel the same way. I find myself watching more movies and documentaries than TV shows. I started watching Succession, but not obsessively - although I do like it. I am at the end of S2 and have one more after that. Figure I'll finish by end of summer.

You are showing great restraint with Succession. I found it really addictive and went through the whole thing in a couple of weeks. Enjoy Season 3!


Thanks! It's very very good! Looking forward to S3. I am not much of a binger lol

"if your voice held no power, they wouldn't try to silence you."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 07/08/20 10:17pm

gandorb

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ-XtOcPgZLM5W7-6TbU8HaPEF8GswHzeSOAQ&usqp=CAU

A take off from Love, Simon movie, it was surprisingly touching even though there was nothing particularly original about it. It eventually broadened out beyond just the when is Victor going to come out theme, which was needed to help sustain a whole series that reportedly was a hit for Hulu and has been renewed for a 2nd season.

star star star of 4.

[Edited 7/8/20 22:19pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 07/11/20 8:18pm

gandorb

Derry Girls | Bomb Squad Arrives - YouTube

Silly as can be, but some belly laughs make it worthwhile.

Seasons 1 and 2: Both 3.5 of 5 stars

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 07/12/20 11:51am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

MV5BNTcyOTA3ZWUtOWEwMy00YjI5LWIyNjctNTAyYjI5ZmE0NGI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,675,1000_AL_.jpg

Finally imbibed Season 2. The writers of this show have come up with some amazing plot twists that keep the madcap tension going in season 2. They introduced some new secondary characters including Frances Conroy and Katey Sagal, who is always very good. Applegate and Cardilini are still outstanding.

star star star star 1/2 out of star star star star star ---- the 1/2 star is for bringing James Marsden back as his twin brother, a trite, but not irksome, device.








[Edited 7/12/20 20:25pm]

"if your voice held no power, they wouldn't try to silence you."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 07/16/20 12:44pm

nayroo2002

avatar

'The Americans'

How does one rate anything without spoilers?

i started watching this while building a new house and finished season five just

last night.

i hope season six brings more of the inner stories together.

As it stands after season 5 (for me), 2.5/5

(3/5 for Keri Russell's perfect behind lol )

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 07/16/20 6:15pm

sexton

avatar

nayroo2002 said:

'The Americans'

How does one rate anything without spoilers?

i started watching this while building a new house and finished season five just

last night.

i hope season six brings more of the inner stories together.

As it stands after season 5 (for me), 2.5/5

(3/5 for Keri Russell's perfect behind lol )


2.5/5--I'd stop watching a TV show if I thought it was that bad. As I said earlier in the thread, there's just too much great TV out now to waste time on something mediocre.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 07/16/20 11:50pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Finished VIDA. It was good, and there isn't going to be a season 4. But season 3 ended pretty decently to write your own story.

I'm in the latter 1/3 of The New Pope on HBO-GO. I was such a fan of The Young Pope, and this is proving to be 10x better.

I'm loving this season of Below Deck Med. It's the only reality show I really watch. Greenleaf's last season is really good. I'll be sad to see this go, but they are putting everything into the last season.

Just when U think U've got more than enough, that's when it all up and flies away.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 07/17/20 6:38am

Poplife88

avatar

I Know This Much Is True...acting was amazing. However it was SOOOOO depressing and I wasn't crazy over the ending. But Ruffalo deserves an Emmy. Shouts out to Rosie, who I normally can't stand but she was great in this.

Dead To Me...great as ever. Very entertaining show.

I finally caught up on Succession on HBO. This and Ozark are my fave shows at the moment.

We're gonna need a bigger boat
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 07/17/20 3:01pm

alexzander

Green Frontier (Frontera Verda)

5stars*****

Beautifully shot, tasteful use of special effects, super compelling story that feels completely authentic, excellent use of various timelines....just soooo fucking good. Its the kind of movie where the opening shot( like litterally the first 2 seconds of the film) lets you know that what follows is grand and meticulously detailed. so good.

[Edited 7/17/20 15:05pm]

This is what you want...This is what you get.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 07/17/20 4:31pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

Poplife88 said:

I Know This Much Is True...acting was amazing. However it was SOOOOO depressing and I wasn't crazy over the ending. But Ruffalo deserves an Emmy. Shouts out to Rosie, who I normally can't stand but she was great in this.

Dead To Me...great as ever. Very entertaining show.

I finally caught up on Succession on HBO. This and Ozark are my fave shows at the moment.

I am just starting Season 3 of Succession after catching up wiht the first 2 seasons. It's very very compelling. I did not watch Ozark but will need to since I have only heard good things.


Agree about YKTMIT - Ruffalo was excellent - the ending, not so much.

"if your voice held no power, they wouldn't try to silence you."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Rate the Last TV Series You Watched