independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 19th Feb 2020 1:50pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > First Org Fitness Thread of 2020
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/30/19 12:32pm

RodeoSchro

First Org Fitness Thread of 2020


Heck YES I am two days early with this! That's because you start your 2020 fitness journey TODAY. Winners like you aren't going to wait until the year has actually begun before you figure out what you want to do! YOU ARE A CHAMPION AND CHAMPIONS ARE ALWAYS AHEAD OF THE GAME!

I hope your 2019 was a good one. I've seen some really good stories here!

Mine, luckily, was phenomenal. I am bigger and stronger than I have ever been - and just 6 weeks short of my 61st birthday!

This morning was the last workout of the year/decade for me (our gym is closed 12/31 and 1/1) so I hammered it out as hard as I could.

First off, I actually set a new inclined bench record last week - I did 225 pounds. That's what we call "big boy weights" because it's a 45-pound bar with two 45-pound plates on each side. Any time you've two or more 45-pound plates on each side of the bar, you're doing "big boy weights".

I have NO idea what you call uptownNY's six 45-pounders on each side when he squats! Big-big-BIG boy? Whatever, that's a universe I will never visit, LOL.

Everything else is great. I think - no, I know - what got me going to new heights this year was the ability to work out 3 days a week, every week. Lots of times in the past I only made it to the gym 2 times a week. But now that I'm gainfully unemployed, I can get that third day in and I am sure that's been the difference.

Fitness goals for this year are:

1. Maintain 34-inch waist but get to 195 pounds (I'm at 190 right now)
2. Be able to consistently put up 225 pounds on the inclined bench
3. Bench press 300 pounds after my 61st birthday (and hopefully buy a Hammer Strength bench for the house so I can bench all the time)
4. Keep busting my arms, which are bigger than they've ever been or than I ever even thought they could be

What are your goals? Let's see them and I have NO doubt you're going to reach them!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/31/19 11:01am

maplenpg

avatar

RodeoSchro said:


Heck YES I am two days early with this! That's because you start your 2020 fitness journey TODAY. Winners like you aren't going to wait until the year has actually begun before you figure out what you want to do! YOU ARE A CHAMPION AND CHAMPIONS ARE ALWAYS AHEAD OF THE GAME!

I hope your 2019 was a good one. I've seen some really good stories here!

Mine, luckily, was phenomenal. I am bigger and stronger than I have ever been - and just 6 weeks short of my 61st birthday!

This morning was the last workout of the year/decade for me (our gym is closed 12/31 and 1/1) so I hammered it out as hard as I could.

First off, I actually set a new inclined bench record last week - I did 225 pounds. That's what we call "big boy weights" because it's a 45-pound bar with two 45-pound plates on each side. Any time you've two or more 45-pound plates on each side of the bar, you're doing "big boy weights".

I have NO idea what you call uptownNY's six 45-pounders on each side when he squats! Big-big-BIG boy? Whatever, that's a universe I will never visit, LOL.

Everything else is great. I think - no, I know - what got me going to new heights this year was the ability to work out 3 days a week, every week. Lots of times in the past I only made it to the gym 2 times a week. But now that I'm gainfully unemployed, I can get that third day in and I am sure that's been the difference.

Fitness goals for this year are:

1. Maintain 34-inch waist but get to 195 pounds (I'm at 190 right now)
2. Be able to consistently put up 225 pounds on the inclined bench
3. Bench press 300 pounds after my 61st birthday (and hopefully buy a Hammer Strength bench for the house so I can bench all the time)
4. Keep busting my arms, which are bigger than they've ever been or than I ever even thought they could be

What are your goals? Let's see them and I have NO doubt you're going to reach them!

You're doing fantastic Rodeo. I have no doubt you'll hit your goals. My own fitness has suffered with my shoulder, but the consultant says I can start exercising again now. Just not too strenuous. My fitness goal is just to be able to complete my classes again. Anything more is a bonus!

I miss RodeoSchro, NoNames, Damosuzuki, Horsefeathers and many more.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/02/20 2:47pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

popcorn

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/04/20 9:31pm

uPtoWnNY

Actually that's my leg press exercise, Rodeo. I can max out 4 reps with seven 45lb plates on each side. On a good day I can bang out one or two reps with eight. My buddy can do 10x45, but he's in his late 30s. I'll be 59 in three weeks.

On the incline bench, I can do 250. I'll never be able to do 315 again, but I'll settle for 260-275.

Lately I've been doing weighted sled exercises, pushing it across the gym floor. Right now my max is eight 45lb plates. Pushing that sucker a couple of times gives you a good sweat.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/04/20 11:07pm

maplenpg

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

Actually that's my leg press exercise, Rodeo. I can max out 4 reps with seven 45lb plates on each side. On a good day I can bang out one or two reps with eight. My buddy can do 10x45, but he's in his late 30s. I'll be 59 in three weeks.

On the incline bench, I can do 250. I'll never be able to do 315 again, but I'll settle for 260-275.

Lately I've been doing weighted sled exercises, pushing it across the gym floor. Right now my max is eight 45lb plates. Pushing that sucker a couple of times gives you a good sweat.

I used to do the weighted sled before I knackered my shoulder - it's great exercise. Nowhere near your weights on it though. In fact I'm going again next week and I'm going to try it without weights as I've been told to use my shoulder more now. I'll add on some weights once I know it's okay.

I miss RodeoSchro, NoNames, Damosuzuki, Horsefeathers and many more.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/05/20 8:21pm

barnswallow

avatar

I work out at home. I'd like to take up swimming, which I used to do, but I'm not that into the local pool here. It's pretty old and has only 4 lanes or so. Plus, I'm not sure I want to pay the fee. And, chlorine. Way back when, I built up to swimming a mile. That was a couple, three decades ago! Never been that fit since, I guess. Probably won't get back to that, since I just don't like the pool here so much.

I have a 3 day exercise rotation entered on my computer calendar. It's always there, throughout the year. In the summer, I'm basically fit, so I never do it. Winter, I want to get back to it. Haven't yet. Tomorrow? This is the scheme:
Day 1: "walk and wuji" (a qigong moving practice/meditation, super gentle but good, about 45 minutes);

Day 2:

"heel stretch; calf raises; arm exercises; thera-band exercises [I had a frozen shoulder a couple of years ago and the PT gave me some exercises with these... nope, haven't touched those bands in ages and I wonder if they lose their resistance or become brittle over time; they're hanging right where I left them, with some accumulated dust], crunches lying on exercise ball (it's a sort of Pilates ball that I got at TJMaxx and it came with a routine, which includes some upper body stuff)". Would like to figure out some good arm exercises for home. Any suggestions? I have hand held weights: 1, 2 and 3 and 5lbs. I'm not at all well-informed on how to use them. I have a chin-up bar set in the door to the bedroom. I can do 3 chin ups at a time lol

Day 3:

"sun exercises; Pilates; NYTimes 9 minute strength workout [anyone ever try this?]; bike or swim or some aerobic activity." There's an exercise bike on the porch (not your most modern model! Has a resistance lever). Brrrrr. I haven't been on it since last year! When I get around to it, I'll do a 3 minute sprint. Well, 5 minute warm-up ('Pheromone'); 3 minute crank it ('Loose'); 1-2 minute cool down (Papa). Then, hop off and walk up the street to keep moving while my heart rate settles.

It would be so cool to get on this routine and stick with it. I wouldn't mind taking a couple, even 3 days off per week. Haha. I mean, if I get started doing this plan.

I wanna top the rose petals that whisper sweet
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/08/20 4:05am

maplenpg

avatar

barnswallow said:

I work out at home. I'd like to take up swimming, which I used to do, but I'm not that into the local pool here. It's pretty old and has only 4 lanes or so. Plus, I'm not sure I want to pay the fee. And, chlorine. Way back when, I built up to swimming a mile. That was a couple, three decades ago! Never been that fit since, I guess. Probably won't get back to that, since I just don't like the pool here so much.

I have a 3 day exercise rotation entered on my computer calendar. It's always there, throughout the year. In the summer, I'm basically fit, so I never do it. Winter, I want to get back to it. Haven't yet. Tomorrow? This is the scheme:
Day 1: "walk and wuji" (a qigong moving practice/meditation, super gentle but good, about 45 minutes);

Day 2:

"heel stretch; calf raises; arm exercises; thera-band exercises [I had a frozen shoulder a couple of years ago and the PT gave me some exercises with these... nope, haven't touched those bands in ages and I wonder if they lose their resistance or become brittle over time; they're hanging right where I left them, with some accumulated dust], crunches lying on exercise ball (it's a sort of Pilates ball that I got at TJMaxx and it came with a routine, which includes some upper body stuff)". Would like to figure out some good arm exercises for home. Any suggestions? I have hand held weights: 1, 2 and 3 and 5lbs. I'm not at all well-informed on how to use them. I have a chin-up bar set in the door to the bedroom. I can do 3 chin ups at a time lol

Day 3:

"sun exercises; Pilates; NYTimes 9 minute strength workout [anyone ever try this?]; bike or swim or some aerobic activity." There's an exercise bike on the porch (not your most modern model! Has a resistance lever). Brrrrr. I haven't been on it since last year! When I get around to it, I'll do a 3 minute sprint. Well, 5 minute warm-up ('Pheromone'); 3 minute crank it ('Loose'); 1-2 minute cool down (Papa). Then, hop off and walk up the street to keep moving while my heart rate settles.

It would be so cool to get on this routine and stick with it. I wouldn't mind taking a couple, even 3 days off per week. Haha. I mean, if I get started doing this plan.

I had to google wuji. I'm going to give it a go too. Would be good to try something new and much, much slower than I'm used to. Look for hand held weights exercises on Youtube, there's plenty out there. Your workout sounds awesome, just see if you can do one week at a time, each week is a bonus and will encourage you to try again the next week. I always say the hardest part is getting your trainers on and getting out the door. I know you're doing it at home but I'm sure once you start you'll find continuing easier than you think. Good luck.

I miss RodeoSchro, NoNames, Damosuzuki, Horsefeathers and many more.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/08/20 3:16pm

barnswallow

avatar

maplenpg said:

barnswallow said:

I work out at home. I'd like to take up swimming, which I used to do, but I'm not that into the local pool here. It's pretty old and has only 4 lanes or so. Plus, I'm not sure I want to pay the fee. And, chlorine. Way back when, I built up to swimming a mile. That was a couple, three decades ago! Never been that fit since, I guess. Probably won't get back to that, since I just don't like the pool here so much.

I have a 3 day exercise rotation entered on my computer calendar. It's always there, throughout the year. In the summer, I'm basically fit, so I never do it. Winter, I want to get back to it. Haven't yet. Tomorrow? This is the scheme:
Day 1: "walk and wuji" (a qigong moving practice/meditation, super gentle but good, about 45 minutes);

Day 2:

"heel stretch; calf raises; arm exercises; thera-band exercises [I had a frozen shoulder a couple of years ago and the PT gave me some exercises with these... nope, haven't touched those bands in ages and I wonder if they lose their resistance or become brittle over time; they're hanging right where I left them, with some accumulated dust], crunches lying on exercise ball (it's a sort of Pilates ball that I got at TJMaxx and it came with a routine, which includes some upper body stuff)". Would like to figure out some good arm exercises for home. Any suggestions? I have hand held weights: 1, 2 and 3 and 5lbs. I'm not at all well-informed on how to use them. I have a chin-up bar set in the door to the bedroom. I can do 3 chin ups at a time lol

Day 3:

"sun exercises; Pilates; NYTimes 9 minute strength workout [anyone ever try this?]; bike or swim or some aerobic activity." There's an exercise bike on the porch (not your most modern model! Has a resistance lever). Brrrrr. I haven't been on it since last year! When I get around to it, I'll do a 3 minute sprint. Well, 5 minute warm-up ('Pheromone'); 3 minute crank it ('Loose'); 1-2 minute cool down (Papa). Then, hop off and walk up the street to keep moving while my heart rate settles.

It would be so cool to get on this routine and stick with it. I wouldn't mind taking a couple, even 3 days off per week. Haha. I mean, if I get started doing this plan.

I had to google wuji. I'm going to give it a go too. Would be good to try something new and much, much slower than I'm used to. Look for hand held weights exercises on Youtube, there's plenty out there. Your workout sounds awesome, just see if you can do one week at a time, each week is a bonus and will encourage you to try again the next week. I always say the hardest part is getting your trainers on and getting out the door. I know you're doing it at home but I'm sure once you start you'll find continuing easier than you think. Good luck.

Thanks, maplenpg. I appreciate the encouragement. Wrong thread to say this, still, props on the veganuary. I read all your posts about that. Interesting. I never heard of that before. I hope you enjoy the wuji. wujigong.

I wanna top the rose petals that whisper sweet
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/08/20 10:59pm

maplenpg

avatar

barnswallow said:

maplenpg said:

I had to google wuji. I'm going to give it a go too. Would be good to try something new and much, much slower than I'm used to. Look for hand held weights exercises on Youtube, there's plenty out there. Your workout sounds awesome, just see if you can do one week at a time, each week is a bonus and will encourage you to try again the next week. I always say the hardest part is getting your trainers on and getting out the door. I know you're doing it at home but I'm sure once you start you'll find continuing easier than you think. Good luck.

Thanks, maplenpg. I appreciate the encouragement. Wrong thread to say this, still, props on the veganuary. I read all your posts about that. Interesting. I never heard of that before. I hope you enjoy the wuji. wujigong.

Thanks. I have to say I'm feeling really good right now having a combination of good food and getting back on it fitness-wise. It seems Veganuary is mainly a British thing which I didn't know when I started the thread. I hope it catches on world-wide. Anyways, let us know when you start your fitness plan.

I miss RodeoSchro, NoNames, Damosuzuki, Horsefeathers and many more.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/10/20 9:08pm

jabbar12

More fitness tips http://www.fashiontrends....arthritis/" target="_blank">Click

[Edited 1/10/20 21:09pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/13/20 1:32pm

RodeoSchro

Getting closer to 225 on the incline bench! Today I put up 205 six times unassisted, so later this week I'm going up to either 210 or 215. It seems kind of pointless to add 2 1/2 pound plates to this much weight, so I'm guessing I'll jump to 215.

I consider myself as able to "do" the weight if I can get the first 2 reps all myself. My birthday is in one month. It's probably a stretch to get to 225 by then but who knows? No reason to set any limits!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/20/20 7:56pm

barnswallow

avatar

How's everybody doing with their routine? I started! I made it through 3 or 4 days... and then fell off (stuff comes up)... Back at it tomorrow. I was feeling my muscles put up some chitchat, all in a good way, no pain or anything. And, even though I lost the thread, yesterday I hauled a bit of wood around and shovelled snow. That counts for something. And, maplenpg, been working on my diet a bit; you're inspiration. I made a miso soup tonight. I don't know much about making it; I'd like to make it a regular thing, maybe daily. This that I made tonight was not so traditional. I used South River Miso http://www.southrivermiso.com, their Garlic Red Pepper Miso, which I've never used before. I have another jar, Azuki Bean, a one-year light miso, from them that's been sitting in a forgotten corner of the fridge since before recorded time. They say on their website there's no expiration date (well. inspect it. seems ok). So, I've got a notion to use it. Eating is part of fitness, so ok to post about it here, right? You two are weight lifters and that has a dietary component, I think, a friend told me. He wanted to lose some weight though, as well. I can't remember exactly what he did. I think it was high protein, no carbs for a few days and then... hmm. Forgot. I think he might have fasted a day. Anyway, RodeoSchro, 205, 210, 215... yikes! Good on ya, mate.

I wanna top the rose petals that whisper sweet
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/21/20 2:23am

maplenpg

avatar

barnswallow said:

How's everybody doing with their routine? I started! I made it through 3 or 4 days... and then fell off (stuff comes up)... Back at it tomorrow. I was feeling my muscles put up some chitchat, all in a good way, no pain or anything. And, even though I lost the thread, yesterday I hauled a bit of wood around and shovelled snow. That counts for something. And, maplenpg, been working on my diet a bit; you're inspiration. I made a miso soup tonight. I don't know much about making it; I'd like to make it a regular thing, maybe daily. This that I made tonight was not so traditional. I used South River Miso http://www.southrivermiso.com, their Garlic Red Pepper Miso, which I've never used before. I have another jar, Azuki Bean, a one-year light miso, from them that's been sitting in a forgotten corner of the fridge since before recorded time. They say on their website there's no expiration date (well. inspect it. seems ok). So, I've got a notion to use it. Eating is part of fitness, so ok to post about it here, right? You two are weight lifters and that has a dietary component, I think, a friend told me. He wanted to lose some weight though, as well. I can't remember exactly what he did. I think it was high protein, no carbs for a few days and then... hmm. Forgot. I think he might have fasted a day. Anyway, RodeoSchro, 205, 210, 215... yikes! Good on ya, mate.

Well done you. Making a start is the hardest part, then sticking to it of course, I'm sure you'll be back on course soon. And thank you for the comments re diet, I'd eat the azuki bean miso if it looks okay, but then I hate throwing anything away lol.

Rodeo and Uptown are far more into weights than me. They make my efforts look pathetic. Rodeo is doing amazing at the minute.

I have to pass a fitness test soon so I'm working hard on my fitness. I'm sure I'll be fine, but there's always an element of doubt.

I miss RodeoSchro, NoNames, Damosuzuki, Horsefeathers and many more.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/25/20 1:42pm

RodeoSchro

Friday was my last workout here in Houston for a couple weeks. I'm heading off for some skiing and don't get back until mid-February. And when I get back, I'll be a year older!

So at Wednesday's workout, I went out on a high note on the incline bench. I put up 205 3 times unassisted, which was the most ever. By the way - I did do 225 as I said in the first post, but I don't think it was unassisted. (I had my eyes closed, LOL.) Anyway, my standard is that I have to put a weight up at least two reps unassisted before I can say I "did" it. I should have been clearer in the first post. Sorry about that!

I'm going to ski my buns off for a few weeks and probably not go to the gym up there, but we'll see. I think I will, however, do 100 push-ups every day and hopefully that will help me maintain.

I intend to hit the gym again mid-February and we'll see if I can get to 225 before spring. That's the goal!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/26/20 4:53am

uPtoWnNY

maplenpg said:

barnswallow said:

How's everybody doing with their routine? I started! I made it through 3 or 4 days... and then fell off (stuff comes up)... Back at it tomorrow. I was feeling my muscles put up some chitchat, all in a good way, no pain or anything. And, even though I lost the thread, yesterday I hauled a bit of wood around and shovelled snow. That counts for something. And, maplenpg, been working on my diet a bit; you're inspiration. I made a miso soup tonight. I don't know much about making it; I'd like to make it a regular thing, maybe daily. This that I made tonight was not so traditional. I used South River Miso http://www.southrivermiso.com, their Garlic Red Pepper Miso, which I've never used before. I have another jar, Azuki Bean, a one-year light miso, from them that's been sitting in a forgotten corner of the fridge since before recorded time. They say on their website there's no expiration date (well. inspect it. seems ok). So, I've got a notion to use it. Eating is part of fitness, so ok to post about it here, right? You two are weight lifters and that has a dietary component, I think, a friend told me. He wanted to lose some weight though, as well. I can't remember exactly what he did. I think it was high protein, no carbs for a few days and then... hmm. Forgot. I think he might have fasted a day. Anyway, RodeoSchro, 205, 210, 215... yikes! Good on ya, mate.

Well done you. Making a start is the hardest part, then sticking to it of course, I'm sure you'll be back on course soon. And thank you for the comments re diet, I'd eat the azuki bean miso if it looks okay, but then I hate throwing anything away lol.

Rodeo and Uptown are far more into weights than me. They make my efforts look pathetic. Rodeo is doing amazing at the minute.

I have to pass a fitness test soon so I'm working hard on my fitness. I'm sure I'll be fine, but there's always an element of doubt.

Remember, I've been hitting the weights since my mid-20s, and consistently since 1998...probably the same for Rodeo. Just do what's best for you. I see so many dudes lifting heavy, but their form is all wrong. They think they're getting stronger, but they ain't doing shit. Or they spend an hour on biceps....stupid. For proper form, check out Athlean-X's youtube videos. Did wonders for me.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/26/20 9:30am

barnswallow

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

Friday was my last workout here in Houston for a couple weeks. I'm heading off for some skiing and don't get back until mid-February. And when I get back, I'll be a year older!

So at Wednesday's workout, I went out on a high note on the incline bench. I put up 205 3 times unassisted, which was the most ever. By the way - I did do 225 as I said in the first post, but I don't think it was unassisted. (I had my eyes closed, LOL.) Anyway, my standard is that I have to put a weight up at least two reps unassisted before I can say I "did" it. I should have been clearer in the first post. Sorry about that!

I'm going to ski my buns off for a few weeks and probably not go to the gym up there, but we'll see. I think I will, however, do 100 push-ups every day and hopefully that will help me maintain.

I intend to hit the gym again mid-February and we'll see if I can get to 225 before spring. That's the goal!

Where will you be skiing? That's amazing exercise any way you look at it. Have fun! 100 push-ups!!!

I wanna top the rose petals that whisper sweet
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/26/20 10:57am

RodeoSchro

barnswallow said:

RodeoSchro said:

Friday was my last workout here in Houston for a couple weeks. I'm heading off for some skiing and don't get back until mid-February. And when I get back, I'll be a year older!

So at Wednesday's workout, I went out on a high note on the incline bench. I put up 205 3 times unassisted, which was the most ever. By the way - I did do 225 as I said in the first post, but I don't think it was unassisted. (I had my eyes closed, LOL.) Anyway, my standard is that I have to put a weight up at least two reps unassisted before I can say I "did" it. I should have been clearer in the first post. Sorry about that!

I'm going to ski my buns off for a few weeks and probably not go to the gym up there, but we'll see. I think I will, however, do 100 push-ups every day and hopefully that will help me maintain.

I intend to hit the gym again mid-February and we'll see if I can get to 225 before spring. That's the goal!

Where will you be skiing? That's amazing exercise any way you look at it. Have fun! 100 push-ups!!!



Angel Fire, New Mexico.

I like doing push-ups. My New Year's resolution for 2016 was to do 100 per day, every day. I did it, too! And then wondered why I'd picked a leap year for that one, LOL.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/27/20 6:51am

maplenpg

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

barnswallow said:

Where will you be skiing? That's amazing exercise any way you look at it. Have fun! 100 push-ups!!!



Angel Fire, New Mexico.

I like doing push-ups. My New Year's resolution for 2016 was to do 100 per day, every day. I did it, too! And then wondered why I'd picked a leap year for that one, LOL.

Enjoy skiing Rodeo - you must have been given my push-up genes. I really, really struggle with them lol

I miss RodeoSchro, NoNames, Damosuzuki, Horsefeathers and many more.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 02/06/20 10:41am

maplenpg

avatar

Had to take a fitness test for work today. Was really worried. I passed!!!! biggrin biggrin

I miss RodeoSchro, NoNames, Damosuzuki, Horsefeathers and many more.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 02/06/20 11:43am

barnswallow

avatar

yay!

Congratulations!

I wanna top the rose petals that whisper sweet
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 02/06/20 3:05pm

RodeoSchro

maplenpg said:

Had to take a fitness test for work today. Was really worried. I passed!!!! biggrin biggrin



Way to go! Was there ever any doubt?!?

The skiing has been great but I've only done 500 push-ups over the last 10 days. I was hoping to get 1,000 on this trip but I think 600 is the best I can do.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 02/06/20 10:10pm

maplenpg

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

maplenpg said:

Had to take a fitness test for work today. Was really worried. I passed!!!! biggrin biggrin



Way to go! Was there ever any doubt?!?

The skiing has been great but I've only done 500 push-ups over the last 10 days. I was hoping to get 1,000 on this trip but I think 600 is the best I can do.

Thanks Rodeo (& Barnswallow). Yes there was lots of doubt. On one of the tests I would have failed had I been 0.1 seconds slower. Sadly I can't tell you all exactly what it was, but trust me, it was tough!

Keep going with the push-ups, and you're still getting some great exercise by skiing, so I wouldn't worry too much 600 is still about 550 more than I could do anyway. biggrin

[Edited 2/6/20 22:10pm]

I miss RodeoSchro, NoNames, Damosuzuki, Horsefeathers and many more.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 02/07/20 8:10am

RodeoSchro

maplenpg said:

RodeoSchro said:



Way to go! Was there ever any doubt?!?

The skiing has been great but I've only done 500 push-ups over the last 10 days. I was hoping to get 1,000 on this trip but I think 600 is the best I can do.

Thanks Rodeo (& Barnswallow). Yes there was lots of doubt. On one of the tests I would have failed had I been 0.1 seconds slower. Sadly I can't tell you all exactly what it was, but trust me, it was tough!

Keep going with the push-ups, and you're still getting some great exercise by skiing, so I wouldn't worry too much 600 is still about 550 more than I could do anyway. biggrin

[Edited 2/6/20 22:10pm]



I'll tell you what - there was never any doubt in my mind you were going to ace it! You're the biggest, baddest, best thing to ever walk through the door of that company, and they know it!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 02/07/20 8:52am

maplenpg

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

maplenpg said:

Thanks Rodeo (& Barnswallow). Yes there was lots of doubt. On one of the tests I would have failed had I been 0.1 seconds slower. Sadly I can't tell you all exactly what it was, but trust me, it was tough!

Keep going with the push-ups, and you're still getting some great exercise by skiing, so I wouldn't worry too much 600 is still about 550 more than I could do anyway. biggrin

[Edited 2/6/20 22:10pm]



I'll tell you what - there was never any doubt in my mind you were going to ace it! You're the biggest, baddest, best thing to ever walk through the door of that company, and they know it!

Lol - Thanks Rodeo. Not sure I agree, but I'll take it anyway lol

I miss RodeoSchro, NoNames, Damosuzuki, Horsefeathers and many more.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 02/15/20 4:59am

maplenpg

avatar

I'm really sad that Rodeo chose to quit the org. He motivated me on many levels, but mostly in the fitness threads (I'm not so sure our movie tastes matched biggrin). I'm gonna do loads of press-ups in his memory lol

I miss RodeoSchro, NoNames, Damosuzuki, Horsefeathers and many more.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 02/16/20 4:42pm

barnswallow

avatar

maplenpg said:

I'm really sad that Rodeo chose to quit the org. He motivated me on many levels, but mostly in the fitness threads (I'm not so sure our movie tastes matched biggrin). I'm gonna do loads of press-ups in his memory lol

I'm sad, too. Thoughtful, kind, smart, generous, athletic, fierce (in a good way): those were my impressions. And, he started this thread?! It's helped me, too. Goodbye, RodeoSchro. And, good luck. I always wondered about your avatar.

I wanna top the rose petals that whisper sweet
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 02/16/20 6:41pm

poppys

barnswallow said:

maplenpg said:

I'm really sad that Rodeo chose to quit the org. He motivated me on many levels, but mostly in the fitness threads (I'm not so sure our movie tastes matched biggrin). I'm gonna do loads of press-ups in his memory lol


I'm sad, too. Thoughtful, kind, smart, generous, athletic, fierce (in a good way): those were my impressions. And, he started this thread?! It's helped me, too. Goodbye, RodeoSchro. And, good luck. I always wondered about your avatar.


It was frogs. If you clicked on his profile, he explained it.

"an attack against me, I've reported it. I won't respond further while I wait for your post to be removed." - Troll

"I don't mind trolls but if you can't fight back, there's just no reason to hang around an unfair situation." - Rodeo Schro 17 yr orger
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 02/18/20 3:15pm

uPtoWnNY

maplenpg said:

I'm really sad that Rodeo chose to quit the org. He motivated me on many levels, but mostly in the fitness threads (I'm not so sure our movie tastes matched biggrin). I'm gonna do loads of press-ups in his memory lol

I tried to get him to change his mind, but no luck. But we're friends on Facebook.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > First Org Fitness Thread of 2020