independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 25th Jun 2019 8:32am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Someone here who played Outlast? WARNING: Scary video content
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/01/19 3:28pm

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

Someone here who played Outlast? WARNING: Scary video content

I love horror games and the scariest I played was Alien Isolation, until I bought Outlast today eek lol . I didn't expect it to be that intense tho, or maybe I'm just a pussy. Man at one point I even threw my headset away!

Does anyone have some recommendations for me horror game vise? I was actually debating if I should buy resident evil 7 or outlast.....now I wish I bought resident evil, not cause outlast is bad, but it's scary as hell. I'm playing it right now and procrastinate like crazy cause I don't want to get scared again, but I also wanna beat this game!

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/01/19 3:40pm

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

I don't know why the video isn't showing up tho. maybe it's just my laptop

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/01/19 3:59pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

I'm not really a fan of scary games but I do have Outlast on the Switch. Mind you, I haven't played it yet.

In relation to Resident Evil 7, I HAVE played that. And it scared the fuck out of me. I never finished it. I just couldn't do it. The fact that I was playing it in VR only added to it. My husband doesn't play games at all but he's curious about VR so I let him have a go of Resident Evil 7. I wish I had recorded his reaction to it but the basic gist of it was that he ripped the PSVR off his head and said "fuck that" lol. So if you want scary games, I'd recommend Resident Evil 7, especially if you have a PSVR.

There's another game I have on the Switch called Layers of Fear. It's pretty terrifying, you'd love it.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/01/19 11:10pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

ThatWhiteDude said:

I don't know why the video isn't showing up tho. maybe it's just my laptop


I couldn't see it either and I'm on my phone. I believe someone said in site discussion, YouTube links won't work. Ikd
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/03/19 1:13pm

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

I'm not really a fan of scary games but I do have Outlast on the Switch. Mind you, I haven't played it yet. In relation to Resident Evil 7, I HAVE played that. And it scared the fuck out of me. I never finished it. I just couldn't do it. The fact that I was playing it in VR only added to it. My husband doesn't play games at all but he's curious about VR so I let him have a go of Resident Evil 7. I wish I had recorded his reaction to it but the basic gist of it was that he ripped the PSVR off his head and said "fuck that" lol. So if you want scary games, I'd recommend Resident Evil 7, especially if you have a PSVR. There's another game I have on the Switch called Layers of Fear. It's pretty terrifying, you'd love it.

I'll try Resident Evil 7 next then biggrin I almost finished outlast yesterday but like I said, it's too scary and I bought trinity, so I have two other games to play after the first one lol that's the worst thing I ever did to myself.

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/03/19 1:13pm

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

FragileUndertow said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

I don't know why the video isn't showing up tho. maybe it's just my laptop

I couldn't see it either and I'm on my phone. I believe someone said in site discussion, YouTube links won't work. Ikd

Oh well, I hope it'll get fixed soon. sad

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/03/19 1:58pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

I was looking at my collection. Unfortunately most of my horror games are on PSVR.

Resident Evil 7 :
I gave it a go on PSVR. It's creepy, scary, make me jump a few times. The only reason I never finished it because it can be exhausting wearing the device. I can play it non VR, but I rather play it on vr.. one day I'll finish it :lol:

I have Paranormal Actually. I believe you can play VR or non vr. I'm not sure how effective it is in non VR. But in VR it made me yell out a swear words here and there.
Search a haunted house. Collect items, open locked doors, solve puzzles.
It's a very shot game. You can finish it in 2/3 hrs. But I've read you may see different jump scares each time you play


I also have The Exorsist VR. Again it's rather short. It's more of an experience than a game. That said it's scary the first time around.

But anyways lol

Never played Outlast. I see it pop up on sale dirt cheap in the PlayStation store.
I know there is a part 2. Maybe one day I will buy them
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Someone here who played Outlast? WARNING: Scary video content