independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 25th Jun 2019 8:31am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Avengers End Game - Plot discussion (Major spoilers)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 05/19/19 1:23pm

databank

avatar

sexton said:

Crazy formatting error when viewing on my browser.

I see it too, your post is unreadable sad

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 05/24/19 9:34pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

databank said:

sexton said:

Crazy formatting error when viewing on my browser.

I see it too, your post is unreadable sad

Same confused

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 05/26/19 1:24pm

uPtoWnNY

I'd like the writers to explain why they nerfed the Hulk. He really was shortchanged in this film.

Oh well....I'm more excited for Godzilla King of the Monsters anyway.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 05/26/19 2:43pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

I'd like the writers to explain why they nerfed the Hulk. He really was shortchanged in this film.



Oh well....I'm more excited for Godzilla King of the Monsters anyway.



I'm not one of the writers but I think they were trying to wrap up all the original Avengers stories in Endgame. Hulk wasn't any less powerful in Endgame, he just had more control over his actions. In fact, he now has total control. Which, if you've followed his whole MCU story from The Incredible Hulk, you'll know that that's been his ambition all along. To control the beast. And in Endgame, he has finally achieved this. So in that respect, his role in this movie was perfect for me.

Although, I do echo your excitement for Godzilla. That looks insane.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 05/26/19 4:36pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

uPtoWnNY said:

I'd like the writers to explain why they nerfed the Hulk. He really was shortchanged in this film.

Oh well....I'm more excited for Godzilla King of the Monsters anyway.

I'm not one of the writers but I think they were trying to wrap up all the original Avengers stories in Endgame. Hulk wasn't any less powerful in Endgame, he just had more control over his actions. In fact, he now has total control. Which, if you've followed his whole MCU story from The Incredible Hulk, you'll know that that's been his ambition all along. To control the beast. And in Endgame, he has finally achieved this. So in that respect, his role in this movie was perfect for me. Although, I do echo your excitement for Godzilla. That looks insane.

Gotta ask your opinion, Emma. Haven't seen most of the movies leading up to this flick but do you think I could enjoy it as a "stand-alone" movie to go see? Or would I just be totally confused although I grew up reading many of these comic books.) They keep showing it at a local theater where I can go see it for $6.00 as a member... LOL

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 05/27/19 1:44am

EmmaMcG

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:



EmmaMcG said:


uPtoWnNY said:

I'd like the writers to explain why they nerfed the Hulk. He really was shortchanged in this film.



Oh well....I'm more excited for Godzilla King of the Monsters anyway.



I'm not one of the writers but I think they were trying to wrap up all the original Avengers stories in Endgame. Hulk wasn't any less powerful in Endgame, he just had more control over his actions. In fact, he now has total control. Which, if you've followed his whole MCU story from The Incredible Hulk, you'll know that that's been his ambition all along. To control the beast. And in Endgame, he has finally achieved this. So in that respect, his role in this movie was perfect for me. Although, I do echo your excitement for Godzilla. That looks insane.

Gotta ask your opinion, Emma. Haven't seen most of the movies leading up to this flick but do you think I could enjoy it as a "stand-alone" movie to go see? Or would I just be totally confused although I grew up reading many of these comic books.) They keep showing it at a local theater where I can go see it for $6.00 as a member... LOL



You could definitely see it as a standalone movie and enjoy it for what it is. And if you've seen Infinity War, then you won't be missing anything vital. Obviously, you'd get more out of it if you've seen all previous movies and TV shows (it's packed with references to ALL preceding movies) but it's made in such a way that it's not necessary to have seen EVERYTHING. There might be several jokes you won't get but that's about it. I'd recommend seeing Infinity War first though because they're kind of two halves of the same movie. Again, it's not absolutely necessary but it would help you understand certain characters motivations.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 05/30/19 5:44am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

EmmaMcG said:

Ugot2shakesumthin said: Captain Marvel made over a billion. Endgame has already made over a billion and will likely make over 2 when all is said and done. And Disney still have Frozen 2, Toy Story 4, The Lion King and Star Wars Episode 9 to come this year. And all of those movies are likely to make over a billion. Then you've also got Aladdin, which will make a lot. If not a billion, it won't be far off. Great year for Mickey and Co.

Endgame could make 2 billon outside the US and be the first to break a Billion domestic.

It has a real shot at beating all records.


However, I will guess this weekend is about 40% of its final... it 3 hour run time may reduce repeat views.

maybe 800 Million US and another 1,600 Million World Wide for a total of 2.4 Billion or #2 domestice and World Wide...

Not quite then end for endgame. It could still get a bump as kids start to get off for the summer... but looks like I was not too far off!


so far just over $805 Million US and $1.9 Billion outside the US for a total of $2.7 Billion. And seems doomed to settle for #2 Domestic and WW.

Well done... It is doubtful that anything will even come close this year. Even if Star Wars exceeds expectations in terms of quality... I just do not see it beating Endgame.

About $700 Million Dometic and a $1B foreign.

Being a die-hard civil rights champion,
Being a die-hard libertarian,
Sometimes I have to defend
that which I find distasteful.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 06/01/19 5:45pm

uPtoWnNY

EmmaMcG said:

uPtoWnNY said:

I'd like the writers to explain why they nerfed the Hulk. He really was shortchanged in this film.

Oh well....I'm more excited for Godzilla King of the Monsters anyway.

I'm not one of the writers but I think they were trying to wrap up all the original Avengers stories in Endgame. Hulk wasn't any less powerful in Endgame, he just had more control over his actions. In fact, he now has total control. Which, if you've followed his whole MCU story from The Incredible Hulk, you'll know that that's been his ambition all along. To control the beast. And in Endgame, he has finally achieved this. So in that respect, his role in this movie was perfect for me. Although, I do echo your excitement for Godzilla. That looks insane.

Saw Godzilla last night, loved it, plan on seeing it again. There are many 'easter eggs' which pay homage to the Toho films. It shows Michael Doughtery is an obvious fan who did his homework. Some critics complained about the weak human element, but fuck them. Us fans just want to see the Big G do his thing.

Stay past the ending credits....it sets up next year's finale in the Monsterverse.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 06/02/19 2:25am

EmmaMcG

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:



EmmaMcG said:


uPtoWnNY said:

I'd like the writers to explain why they nerfed the Hulk. He really was shortchanged in this film.



Oh well....I'm more excited for Godzilla King of the Monsters anyway.



I'm not one of the writers but I think they were trying to wrap up all the original Avengers stories in Endgame. Hulk wasn't any less powerful in Endgame, he just had more control over his actions. In fact, he now has total control. Which, if you've followed his whole MCU story from The Incredible Hulk, you'll know that that's been his ambition all along. To control the beast. And in Endgame, he has finally achieved this. So in that respect, his role in this movie was perfect for me. Although, I do echo your excitement for Godzilla. That looks insane.


Saw Godzilla last night, loved it, plan on seeing it again. There are many 'easter eggs' which pay homage to the Toho films. It shows Michael Doughtery is an obvious fan who did his homework. Some critics complained about the weak human element, but fuck them. Us fans just want to see the Big G do his thing.




Stay past the ending credits....it sets up next year's finale in the Monsterverse.



I seen a few really bad reviews for Godzilla. Empire Magazine, in particular, gave it 1/5. And they rarely give any movie less than 2. So they must have thought it was really bad. But their opinion is just their opinion. My opinion is the only one that matters to me and I'm looking forward to seeing it. I don't care about the human element. I just want to see a bunch of monsters knock the shit out of each other.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 06/03/19 3:15pm

uPtoWnNY

EmmaMcG said:

uPtoWnNY said:

Saw Godzilla last night, loved it, plan on seeing it again. There are many 'easter eggs' which pay homage to the Toho films. It shows Michael Doughtery is an obvious fan who did his homework. Some critics complained about the weak human element, but fuck them. Us fans just want to see the Big G do his thing.

Stay past the ending credits....it sets up next year's finale in the Monsterverse.

I seen a few really bad reviews for Godzilla. Empire Magazine, in particular, gave it 1/5. And they rarely give any movie less than 2. So they must have thought it was really bad. But their opinion is just their opinion. My opinion is the only one that matters to me and I'm looking forward to seeing it. I don't care about the human element. I just want to see a bunch of monsters knock the shit out of each other.

Rotten Tomatoes gave it 39%(audience score 86%), yet they gave Last Jedi high marks, so there you go.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 06/03/19 4:30pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:



EmmaMcG said:


uPtoWnNY said:



Saw Godzilla last night, loved it, plan on seeing it again. There are many 'easter eggs' which pay homage to the Toho films. It shows Michael Doughtery is an obvious fan who did his homework. Some critics complained about the weak human element, but fuck them. Us fans just want to see the Big G do his thing.




Stay past the ending credits....it sets up next year's finale in the Monsterverse.



I seen a few really bad reviews for Godzilla. Empire Magazine, in particular, gave it 1/5. And they rarely give any movie less than 2. So they must have thought it was really bad. But their opinion is just their opinion. My opinion is the only one that matters to me and I'm looking forward to seeing it. I don't care about the human element. I just want to see a bunch of monsters knock the shit out of each other.


Rotten Tomatoes gave it 39%(audience score 86%), yet they gave Last Jedi high marks, so there you go.



I really liked Last Jedi though. Its actually my third favourite Star Wars movie. But I digress. Critics scores mean nothing to me. The only critic I listen to is me. To me, Godzilla looks like a fun movie. I'm not expecting anything like Taxi Driver or The Godfather. But if it keeps me entertained for a couple of hours then it will have done its job.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 06/06/19 4:01am

nguyenbichdiep
123

Still keep some Avengers: Endgame tees smile) although I'm not happy with the ending

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 06/13/19 3:57pm

uPtoWnNY

EmmaMcG said:

uPtoWnNY said:

Rotten Tomatoes gave it 39%(audience score 86%), yet they gave Last Jedi high marks, so there you go.

I really liked Last Jedi though. Its actually my third favourite Star Wars movie. But I digress. Critics scores mean nothing to me. The only critic I listen to is me. To me, Godzilla looks like a fun movie. I'm not expecting anything like Taxi Driver or The Godfather. But if it keeps me entertained for a couple of hours then it will have done its job.

I enjoyed Godzilla more than I did Endgame.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 06/14/19 12:21am

EmmaMcG

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:



EmmaMcG said:


uPtoWnNY said:



Rotten Tomatoes gave it 39%(audience score 86%), yet they gave Last Jedi high marks, so there you go.



I really liked Last Jedi though. Its actually my third favourite Star Wars movie. But I digress. Critics scores mean nothing to me. The only critic I listen to is me. To me, Godzilla looks like a fun movie. I'm not expecting anything like Taxi Driver or The Godfather. But if it keeps me entertained for a couple of hours then it will have done its job.


I enjoyed Godzilla more than I did Endgame.



I enjoyed Godzilla. Personally, I thought Endgame was a million times better though. But Godzilla was exactly what I hoped it would be. A fun, ridiculous movie.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 06/22/19 7:04pm

uPtoWnNY

EmmaMcG said:

uPtoWnNY said:

I enjoyed Godzilla more than I did Endgame.

I enjoyed Godzilla. Personally, I thought Endgame was a million times better though. But Godzilla was exactly what I hoped it would be. A fun, ridiculous movie.

It's no more ridiculous than movies about men & women in ridiculous costumes flying around and doing feats of strength. It's all fantasy.

Saw Godzilla for the third time last night - I caught some easter eggs that I missed before. Michael Dougherty definitely made this for the hardcore fan base.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 06/22/19 11:46pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:



EmmaMcG said:


uPtoWnNY said:



I enjoyed Godzilla more than I did Endgame.



I enjoyed Godzilla. Personally, I thought Endgame was a million times better though. But Godzilla was exactly what I hoped it would be. A fun, ridiculous movie.


It's no more ridiculous than movies about men & women in ridiculous costumes flying around and doing feats of strength. It's all fantasy.



Saw Godzilla for the third time last night - I caught some easter eggs that I missed before. Michael Dougherty definitely made this for the hardcore fan base.



I wasn't using "ridiculous" in a negative way. Quite the opposite, in fact. If Godzilla wasn't ridiculous, I wouldn't have liked it.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 06/23/19 7:39am

TrevorAyer

Godzilla was crap .. it made endgame look better but neither are worth a second watch
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 06/23/19 9:05pm

kewlschool

avatar

TrevorAyer said:

Godzilla was crap .. it made endgame look better but neither are worth a second watch

Godzilla has always been ridiculous.

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Avengers End Game - Plot discussion (Major spoilers)