independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 15th Oct 2019 6:49pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Karl Lagerfeld dead at 85. BREAKING NEWS
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/19/19 4:47am

KoolEaze

avatar

Karl Lagerfeld dead at 85. BREAKING NEWS

I just heard that Mr.Karl Lagerfeld passed away today. It´s a bit strange for me because I was just thinking about him yesterday and thinking "Wow, he is so old but still very active." because I saw a picture of him somewhere and read that he had to skip an event because he was feeling weak. And now he is dead.

May he rest in peace.

I admired his work ethic, liked his way with words and languages and he was a very sophisticated man. I also liked how he´d constantly lash out against Heidi Klum.

There was a lot to dislike about him but also a lot to like about him.

.

.

(Mods, sorry if the pictures are too big or go against any of the rules. Feel free to erasse them if you want, I haven´t posted pictures in a long time here and my photobucket account is gone).

original__620x620__desktop

karl-lagerfeld-ac--7178540-.jpg

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/19/19 5:19am

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

After what he said about muslim refugees, I lost all my respect.

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/19/19 5:36am

CatB

Shocked at the news. I never thought the day would come. He was like family. And a good friend to Prince. His neighbour at his last house over here.
"Time is space spent with U"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/19/19 5:37am

KoolEaze

avatar

ThatWhiteDude said:

After what he said about muslim refugees, I lost all my respect.

?

What did he say?

That it´s an affront to accept Muslim migrants because they hate Jews?

I think that was a bit shortsighted and ignorant of him because not all Muslims hate Jews.

But he said a lot of stupid stuff, I´m aware of that. lol

[Edited 2/19/19 5:43am]

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/19/19 5:43am

iZsaZsa

avatar

R.I.P. coke

What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/19/19 5:46am

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

KoolEaze said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

After what he said about muslim refugees, I lost all my respect.

?

What did he say?

One cannot – even if there are decades between them – kill millions of Jews so you can bring millions of their worst enemies in their place,” the 80-year-old Chanel designer told a French television show.

Here's the link: https://www.theguardian.c...t-comments

Merkel had already millions and millions (of immigrants) who are well integrated and who work and all is well … she had no need to take another million to improve her image as the wicked stepmother after the Greek crisis,” Lagerfeld said.

I know that there are muslims who hate jews (and jews who hate muslims), but the generalization he did in his statement is the problem. And he lived in france and steered the pot in germany with this statement. Some might say, it's just a statement, or his opinion, but they forget that statements like this can lead to violent outbursts from certain groups against another group.

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/19/19 6:25am

KoolEaze

avatar

ThatWhiteDude said:

KoolEaze said:

?

What did he say?

One cannot – even if there are decades between them – kill millions of Jews so you can bring millions of their worst enemies in their place,” the 80-year-old Chanel designer told a French television show.

Here's the link: https://www.theguardian.c...t-comments

Merkel had already millions and millions (of immigrants) who are well integrated and who work and all is well … she had no need to take another million to improve her image as the wicked stepmother after the Greek crisis,” Lagerfeld said.

I know that there are muslims who hate jews (and jews who hate muslims), but the generalization he did in his statement is the problem. And he lived in france and steered the pot in germany with this statement. Some might say, it's just a statement, or his opinion, but they forget that statements like this can lead to violent outbursts from certain groups against another group.

I agree with you that what he said was controversial and maybe ignorant or stupid, and yes, such words put certain ideas in other people´s heads but then again, there is a lot to criticize about the way immigration has been handled by Germany in the past couple of years, and many immigrants, Muslims and non-Muslims, have to pay the price for it, too. They are just as fed up, or even more fed up than those without a migrant background.

But I´m taking my own thread off topic here.

It´s nice to see that there are young people who think like you. I really like that.

However, things are very complicated these days.

.

Anyway......I liked Karl´s humor.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/19/19 8:08am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

sad rose RIP

I admired his work.



Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/24/19 4:26pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

He was an incredible designer rose RIP

Expect to see people wearing vintage Lagerfeld at tonight's Oscars.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/24/19 5:19pm

poppys

rose

Watching the Chelsea Rogers video the other day - was thinking that was Prince's homage/fantasy of being someone like Lagerfeld.

"people like you"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/25/19 7:53am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Awful human.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Karl Lagerfeld dead at 85. BREAKING NEWS