independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 23rd Aug 2019 3:13pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > The Godfather Part III was almost directed by Sylvester Stallone?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/31/19 2:57pm

KoolEaze

avatar

The Godfather Part III was almost directed by Sylvester Stallone?

I´m a huge fan of the Godfather movies (yes, I even like part III....I´m probably the only person on this planet who likes part III and doesn´t even mind that Sophia Coppolla is in it lol ).

Anyway, yesterday I found this article and thought I´d share it with the movie afficionados on the org.

.

I would have loved to see this movie. Of course it would´ve been totally different from what we actually got to see but imagine that.....a Godfather movie starring Sly Stallone and John Travolta, made in 1983....a year before Purple Rain came out......and directed by Sylvester Stallone?

.

It probably wouldn´t have felt without a proper Godfather movie without Francis Ford Coppolla directing it but still....the idea sounds interesting, to say the least. wink

If this had made been made by Coppolla starring Stallone and released in 1983 or 84, it could have been really interesting because it could have prevented Stallone from being pigeonholed forever as a rather simple actionmovie star.

Check out the article.

https://uproxx.com/movies...ather-iii/

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/31/19 3:16pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

I like The Godfather 3 as well. It suffers from being a sequel to two of the best movies ever made but anyone expecting it to be as good as the first two had unrealistic expectations.

Stallone is actually a good director but it wouldn't be the same without Coppola.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/31/19 3:35pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Image result for stallone as the godfather gif

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/01/19 12:06am

JorisE73

KoolEaze said:

I´m a huge fan of the Godfather movies (yes, I even like part III....I´m probably the only person on this planet who likes part III and doesn´t even mind that Sophia Coppolla is in it lol ).

Anyway, yesterday I found this article and thought I´d share it with the movie afficionados on the org.

.

I would have loved to see this movie. Of course it would´ve been totally different from what we actually got to see but imagine that.....a Godfather movie starring Sly Stallone and John Travolta, made in 1983....a year before Purple Rain came out......and directed by Sylvester Stallone?

.

It probably wouldn´t have felt without a proper Godfather movie without Francis Ford Coppolla directing it but still....the idea sounds interesting, to say the least. wink

If this had made been made by Coppolla starring Stallone and released in 1983 or 84, it could have been really interesting because it could have prevented Stallone from being pigeonholed forever as a rather simple actionmovie star.

Check out the article.

https://uproxx.com/movies...ather-iii/


Wow never heard of this. That would be interesting if it was made.
I think Godfather III is like The Last Jedi in terms of how Michael Corleone was such a huge departure in how he acted previously he felt like a completely different character just like Luke Skywalker in the Last Jedi. I still love both movies tho.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/01/19 2:40am

MoBettaBliss

shudder

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/01/19 6:59pm

SPYZFAN1

Glad that didn't happen. "PR" was almost a vehicle for Travolta to star in too..glad that didn't happen either.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/01/19 7:03pm

KoolEaze

avatar

SPYZFAN1 said:

Glad that didn't happen. "PR" was almost a vehicle for Travolta to star in too..glad that didn't happen either.

I read that, too. lol Now that would´ve been weird.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/01/19 7:07pm

KoolEaze

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

I like The Godfather 3 as well. It suffers from being a sequel to two of the best movies ever made but anyone expecting it to be as good as the first two had unrealistic expectations. Stallone is actually a good director but it wouldn't be the same without Coppola.

I agree. Stallone can be a good director, screenplaywriter and even a good actor when he gets to play an interesting role, which is rarely the case but he was really good in some roles.

But yes, it wouldn´t be the same without Coppola directing The Godfather.

.

Then again, if Coppola had directed The Godfather III in 1983 and had let Stallone play a role in it, without John Travolta, and without Andy Garcia and Sophia Coppola because , well, because it´s 1983....now THAT could´ve been interesting, probably even more interesting than what we got.

Nevertheless, I really like The Godfather III as it is.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/02/19 1:58pm

uPtoWnNY

The less said about GIII, the better.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/03/19 7:15am

KoolEaze

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

The less said about GIII, the better.

I liked the anger and restlessness of Andy Garcia´s character, he was a lot like Sonny, and I liked the scene where Michael died in that old , wooden chair, lonely ,old and sad, reminiscing about his life.

I think without part III the whole story would´ve felt incomplete but I understand why so many people dislike it.

But still...... it would´ve been really interesting to watch a 1983 version with Stallone AND Al Pacino in it. wink

Would´ve added a whole different vibe to the story.

The late 80s, early 90s feel of part III rubbed many people the wrong way, even though the story takes place in the late 70s. (?)

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > The Godfather Part III was almost directed by Sylvester Stallone?