independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 22nd Aug 2019 3:09pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > (Spoiler Alert): IT'S OFFICIAL: MAD MAX FURY ROAD IS AWESOME, GO WATCH IT PEOPLE
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/14/15 8:07am

JoeTyler

avatar

(Spoiler Alert): IT'S OFFICIAL: MAD MAX FURY ROAD IS AWESOME, GO WATCH IT PEOPLE

top quality action extravaganza with a feminist plot 5/5

99% of approval at Rotten Tomatoes (easier said than done)

I cried twice watching the film and I was pumped up through the whole thing

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/14/15 8:14am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Eh, tired of remakes and reboots.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/14/15 8:20am

JoeTyler

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

Eh, tired of remakes and reboots.

are u dissing Batman Begins and Casino Royale?

I'd rather have this PERFECT reboot than a fourth film with Mel Gibson

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/14/15 8:25am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

JoeTyler said:

purplethunder3121 said:

Eh, tired of remakes and reboots.

are u dissing Batman Begins and Casino Royale?

I'd rather have this PERFECT reboot than a fourth film with Mel Gibson

No, I love Batman Begins...but I'm burned out on remakes, etc. Just need something original for a change... wink

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/14/15 8:59am

XxAxX

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

JoeTyler said:

are u dissing Batman Begins and Casino Royale?

I'd rather have this PERFECT reboot than a fourth film with Mel Gibson

No, I love Batman Begins...but I'm burned out on remakes, etc. Just need something original for a change... wink



^ i agree most 'remakes' seem based on the desire to financially milk a previously successful venture.

.

batman begins was the best of the 'batman' series, imo. although, technically, it was not exactly a 'remake'

.

in the same category, wex craven's 'New Nightmare' was the best of all the nightmare on elm street movies, imo.

.

i have hopes for Mad Max Fury Road. will probably check it out.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/14/15 2:32pm

JoeTyler

avatar

what spoiler??

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/15/15 6:41am

KoolEaze

avatar

I just got on the org to create a thread about this movie but you beat me to it. It premiered last night and of course I HAD to see it. And it is GREAT!

Much better than I expected. But the weird thing is that I could already predict the plot after watching two trailers. It reminded me more of part II (The Road Warrior) than part III as far as the truck chase is concerned....pretty much a rehash of part II, kind of....maybe a bit more over the top.

But some of the vibe, the clothes, the vehicles and the overall atmosphere was a bit reminiscent of part III, but luckily this one is much more brutal and less funny. The vehicles were a little bit too over the top for me. I mean, what´s the point in welding two or three cars on top of one another?

-

Part III could have been great but sucked big time. This is dirty and gritty and dark and tough. The plot IS a bit thin and predictable and call me old fashioned but I would´ve preferred not watching it in 3D. The 3D effects were just so so and not really worth it.

Tom Hardy does a great job in this one but I think Mel Gibson could´ve pulled this one off , too, but then again he might be a bit too old to shoot such a physically demanding movie, and it also pissed me off how he hesitated or turned the offer down years ago, kind of dismissing the whole franchise and its crew during interviews.

-

I read some rumors on some reliable websites that they already shot the sequel "Mad Max-Furiosa" while shooting this one but those rumors are unfortunately debunked now.

Before I went to the movie theater I spoke with some teenagers who also wanted to watch this movie, and when I asked them which one of the other Mad Max movies they liked they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. lol They looked at me and said :" What? There are more Mad Max movies? " lol

-

What I disliked a little bit about this one is the fact that they could´ve used the V8 a bit more, and I don´t want to post spoilers but I think it´s fair to say that we won´t see the V8 Interceptor anymore. Which is too bad because I think it is just as important to the Mad Max saga as Max Rockatansky himself is.

I also did not like the quasi religious cult with those steering wheels and the weird tatoos that they gave Max. Or those ladies giving milk. It was all a bit weird, a bit weird like some of the freaks in Mad Max III.

This movie has all kinds of weird people in it and is a freakshow, but this time in a good way.

I understood why Lord Humungus was feared and respected in Mad Max II but I didn´t really get why Immmortan Joe was equally feared. I mean, Humungus looked and was far more menacing than Immortan Joe (who, by the way, is the same actor who played Toecutter in Mad Max part I). And what´s with those weird names? Joe Immortan? Instead of Immortal? Furiosa?

-

And....if "guzzolene" is so rare, how come they all use the biggest gasoline guzzling cars possible? lol

-

The flashbacks were a tad too short for me, and all in all this movie is probably aimed towards newer audiences and does not really care about the old fans but that´s ok. Parts of it, including the trailer and the credits, the intro, had the look and feel of some Zak Snyder movie or some MTV show but that´s ok.

The images are great, especially the use of the color blue during the night scene on that slick oil field or contaminated muddy area with the crows, and I liked the stunts. Mad Max II is , in my opinion, still one of the best, of not THE BEST action movie ever but I´ve watched that one maybe 35 times or more, and I think over time I will prefer this one as far as action goes.

The action scenes are just insane, at some point I could neither follow the plot or what was going on or who was killing who or who was flying where, so I just leaned back and enjoyed the show.

This is one of the most exciting, most thrilling action movies I´ve seen in a long time....since...since...well, since Mad Max II from 1982 ? lol

-

-

Great movie and a must see for fans of really good and wellmade action movies.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/15/15 6:51am

KoolEaze

avatar

PS: Before I watched it, it had a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes ( 31 reviews). Now I´m going to check out Rotten Tomatoes to see who´s the party pooper who gave it a bad review.

But, to be honest, as much as I love the movie, I´d understand why and how someone would give it a bad review. It´s definitely not for the average movie goers, and old time fans will either love it or hate it.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/15/15 9:49am

V10LETBLUES

The visuals are so gorgeous. I won't be long before we get a rash of movies aping the look of this film. It won't be long before every director forgoes traditional film stock and all movies will be shot 100% digital.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/15/15 10:21am

Lammastide

avatar

Never seen a Mad Max film here, and I've got no interest. I'm hearing really good things said about this one, though, and Charlize often delivers.

Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/15/15 10:30am

JoeTyler

avatar

Lammastide said:

Never seen a Mad Max film here, and I've got no interest. I'm hearing really good things said about this one, though, and Charlize often delivers.

for Mel haters (not sayin' that u are) or for people not interested in proto-action old movies (Max I and II are from 79-81, though II looks INCREDIBLY fresh-current on blu-ray) this reboot may be the perfect time to jump into the world of George Miller wink

[Edited 5/15/15 10:31am]

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/15/15 10:41am

XxAxX

avatar

JoeTyler said:

what spoiler??



yeah mans, really what spoiler??? lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/15/15 10:44am

JoeTyler

avatar

KoolEaze said:

I just got on the org to create a thread about this movie but you beat me to it. It premiered last night and of course I HAD to see it. And it is GREAT!

Much better than I expected. But the weird thing is that I could already predict the plot after watching two trailers. It reminded me more of part II (The Road Warrior) than part III as far as the truck chase is concerned....pretty much a rehash of part II, kind of....maybe a bit more over the top.

I think it's basically a sequel reboot, if that makes any sense; Mad Max '79 still being the original canon story, but II and III being rebooted

Tom Hardy does a great job in this one but I think Mel Gibson could´ve pulled this one off , too, but then again he might be a bit too old to shoot such a physically demanding movie, and it also pissed me off how he hesitated or turned the offer down years ago, kind of dismissing the whole franchise and its crew during interviews.

Mel Gibson is basically done, if he was just smarter, he would have done Lethal Weapon 5 and this to salvage his career, turns out he's not confused

Before I went to the movie theater I spoke with some teenagers who also wanted to watch this movie, and when I asked them which one of the other Mad Max movies they liked they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. lol They looked at me and said :" What? There are more Mad Max movies? " lol

the less said about people born in 99-2005, the better

-

What I disliked a little bit about this one is the fact that they could´ve used the V8 a bit more, and I don´t want to post spoilers but I think it´s fair to say that we won´t see the V8 Interceptor anymore. Which is too bad because I think it is just as important to the Mad Max saga as Max Rockatansky himself is.

Yeah, the relationship of Max with his V8 is basically the same relationship of Dirty Harry with his magnum, or Michael Knight with his car, or Bruce Wayne with the Batman suit, for that matter; I've read in a fan site that the V8 represents Max's dark-evil side, that he cannot drive the car unless he's fully mad-bitter; given the heroic (kind of) nature of Max in Fury Road, that theory makes sense

I also did not like the quasi religious cult with those steering wheels and the weird tatoos that they gave Max. Or those ladies giving milk. It was all a bit weird, a bit weird like some of the freaks in Mad Max III.

This movie has all kinds of weird people in it and is a freakshow, but this time in a good way.

I understood why Lord Humungus was feared and respected in Mad Max II but I didn´t really get why Immmortan Joe was equally feared. I mean, Humungus looked and was far more menacing than Immortan Joe (who, by the way, is the same actor who played Toecutter in Mad Max part I). And what´s with those weird names? Joe Immortan? Instead of Immortal? Furiosa?

that's what I like about George Miller, he NEVER fully succumbed to Hollywood conventions (not even in pt.III), Mad Max has aspects that are TOTALLY alien-weird-bizarre-edgy to the average "married & two kids - meat and potatoes" american, and I LOVE THAT

And....if "guzzolene" is so rare, how come they all use the biggest gasoline guzzling cars possible? lol

my guess is that they drive like mad and waste all the juice if they have an IMPORTANT objetive, whi*ch is getting more gasoline, usually, lol

The flashbacks were a tad too short for me, and all in all this movie is probably aimed towards newer audiences and does not really care about the old fans but that´s ok. Parts of it, including the trailer and the credits, the intro, had the look and feel of some Zak Snyder movie or some MTV show but that´s ok.

The images are great, especially the use of the color blue during the night scene on that slick oil field or contaminated muddy area with the crows, and I liked the stunts. Mad Max II is , in my opinion, still one of the best, of not THE BEST action movie ever but I´ve watched that one maybe 35 times or more, and I think over time I will prefer this one as far as action goes.

I personally liked the ultra-processed style of the Fury Road; Mad Max II and III were basically "freaks hiding in the aussie desert to escape from radiation", but this looks like a world which is truly wasted and unsanitary, almost if a cloud of filth, malice and ashes had covered the entire world for real, even the outback areas...

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/15/15 10:45am

JoeTyler

avatar

XxAxX said:

JoeTyler said:

what spoiler??



yeah mans, really what spoiler??? lol

I assume the mods assumed there were gonna be, which actually has happened today lol

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/15/15 3:48pm

KoolEaze

avatar

JoeTyler said:

Lammastide said:

Never seen a Mad Max film here, and I've got no interest. I'm hearing really good things said about this one, though, and Charlize often delivers.

for Mel haters (not sayin' that u are) or for people not interested in proto-action old movies (Max I and II are from 79-81, though II looks INCREDIBLY fresh-current on blu-ray) this reboot may be the perfect time to jump into the world of George Miller wink

[Edited 5/15/15 10:31am]

Mad Max II remains one of my all time favorite movies to this day. I think I first watched it more than 30 years ago in a Turkish open air cinema. It was the uncut version but I could swear it was even a tad longer than the usual uncut version, and it had Italian subtitles, or maybe it was just the opening intro (the credits) that were Italian. Or maybe the whole movie was in Italian but had Turkish subtitles...it´s all a blur to me.It´s been such a long time. MY LIFE FADES. THE VISION DIMS. ALL THAT REMAINS ARE MEMORIES. lol

No seriously, I just looked it up, and I´m 100% that I watched the Italian version with Turkish dubbing. Interestingly, it´s called Interceptor- Il guerro della strada in Italian.

So, do you own the blu-ray? Is it any different from the regular DVD? I have the DVD but unfortunately, it is the slightly edited version and there is barely any extra footage on it. Does your blu-ray come with bonus material? It´s too bad that most of my favorite movies from the 80s are often released without any bonus material because they tended not to keep the outtakes or extra footage back then. The same goes for Purple Rain....no deleted scenes on the DVD.

It´s a good thing that at least Arnold´s Conan the Barbarian finally came out with tons of bonus material, and his Pumping Iron DVD also has lots of bonus material on it.

-

So, how is the blu-ray? Is it worth buying?

[Edited 5/15/15 15:56pm]

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/15/15 3:55pm

KoolEaze

avatar

I´ll never understand why Mel didn´t want to participate in this one. It´s a good thing not to look back too often but come on, this could´ve been HIS movie. He IS Mad Max. Regardless of his stupid and racist antics, you can´t take that away from him...he is the original Mad Max. I guess the only person who could take that away from him is himself.

But Tom Hardy did a great job.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/15/15 3:57pm

KoolEaze

avatar

JoeTyler said:

KoolEaze said:

I just got on the org to create a thread about this movie but you beat me to it. It premiered last night and of course I HAD to see it. And it is GREAT!

Much better than I expected. But the weird thing is that I could already predict the plot after watching two trailers. It reminded me more of part II (The Road Warrior) than part III as far as the truck chase is concerned....pretty much a rehash of part II, kind of....maybe a bit more over the top.

I think it's basically a sequel reboot, if that makes any sense; Mad Max '79 still being the original canon story, but II and III being rebooted

Tom Hardy does a great job in this one but I think Mel Gibson could´ve pulled this one off , too, but then again he might be a bit too old to shoot such a physically demanding movie, and it also pissed me off how he hesitated or turned the offer down years ago, kind of dismissing the whole franchise and its crew during interviews.

Mel Gibson is basically done, if he was just smarter, he would have done Lethal Weapon 5 and this to salvage his career, turns out he's not confused

Before I went to the movie theater I spoke with some teenagers who also wanted to watch this movie, and when I asked them which one of the other Mad Max movies they liked they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. lol They looked at me and said :" What? There are more Mad Max movies? " lol

the less said about people born in 99-2005, the better

-

What I disliked a little bit about this one is the fact that they could´ve used the V8 a bit more, and I don´t want to post spoilers but I think it´s fair to say that we won´t see the V8 Interceptor anymore. Which is too bad because I think it is just as important to the Mad Max saga as Max Rockatansky himself is.

Yeah, the relationship of Max with his V8 is basically the same relationship of Dirty Harry with his magnum, or Michael Knight with his car, or Bruce Wayne with the Batman suit, for that matter; I've read in a fan site that the V8 represents Max's dark-evil side, that he cannot drive the car unless he's fully mad-bitter; given the heroic (kind of) nature of Max in Fury Road, that theory makes sense

I also did not like the quasi religious cult with those steering wheels and the weird tatoos that they gave Max. Or those ladies giving milk. It was all a bit weird, a bit weird like some of the freaks in Mad Max III.

This movie has all kinds of weird people in it and is a freakshow, but this time in a good way.

I understood why Lord Humungus was feared and respected in Mad Max II but I didn´t really get why Immmortan Joe was equally feared. I mean, Humungus looked and was far more menacing than Immortan Joe (who, by the way, is the same actor who played Toecutter in Mad Max part I). And what´s with those weird names? Joe Immortan? Instead of Immortal? Furiosa?

that's what I like about George Miller, he NEVER fully succumbed to Hollywood conventions (not even in pt.III), Mad Max has aspects that are TOTALLY alien-weird-bizarre-edgy to the average "married & two kids - meat and potatoes" american, and I LOVE THAT

And....if "guzzolene" is so rare, how come they all use the biggest gasoline guzzling cars possible? lol

my guess is that they drive like mad and waste all the juice if they have an IMPORTANT objetive, whi*ch is getting more gasoline, usually, lol

The flashbacks were a tad too short for me, and all in all this movie is probably aimed towards newer audiences and does not really care about the old fans but that´s ok. Parts of it, including the trailer and the credits, the intro, had the look and feel of some Zak Snyder movie or some MTV show but that´s ok.

The images are great, especially the use of the color blue during the night scene on that slick oil field or contaminated muddy area with the crows, and I liked the stunts. Mad Max II is , in my opinion, still one of the best, of not THE BEST action movie ever but I´ve watched that one maybe 35 times or more, and I think over time I will prefer this one as far as action goes.

I personally liked the ultra-processed style of the Fury Road; Mad Max II and III were basically "freaks hiding in the aussie desert to escape from radiation", but this looks like a world which is truly wasted and unsanitary, almost if a cloud of filth, malice and ashes had covered the entire world for real, even the outback areas...

Thanks for your detailed reply, very much appreciated. I´m a huge fan of the franchise.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/16/15 7:30am

JoeTyler

avatar

KoolEaze said:

I´ll never understand why Mel didn´t want to participate in this one. It´s a good thing not to look back too often but come on, this could´ve been HIS movie. He IS Mad Max. Regardless of his stupid and racist antics, you can´t take that away from him...he is the original Mad Max. I guess the only person who could take that away from him is himself.

But Tom Hardy did a great job.

Exactly, this movie could have been "his" Unforgiven, or "his" Indy 4 but without the silliness of that mediocre sequel, or "his" SW EpVII for that matter

my guess is that Mel doesnt give a crap in hell about nothing anymore, only bout that Maccabeans movie that will never be greenlighted lol lol

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/16/15 7:32am

JoeTyler

avatar

KoolEaze said:

Thanks for your detailed reply, very much appreciated. I´m a huge fan of the franchise.

I am too :cheers: sadly, Mad Max III bores me to tears after the Thunderdome fight (though I used to love that film when I was younger) but Max I and II remain two of my fav top40 movies of all time; Max I is probably the best low-budget film of all time

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/16/15 7:33am

JoeTyler

avatar

KoolEaze said:

JoeTyler said:

for Mel haters (not sayin' that u are) or for people not interested in proto-action old movies (Max I and II are from 79-81, though II looks INCREDIBLY fresh-current on blu-ray) this reboot may be the perfect time to jump into the world of George Miller wink

[Edited 5/15/15 10:31am]

Mad Max II remains one of my all time favorite movies to this day. I think I first watched it more than 30 years ago in a Turkish open air cinema. It was the uncut version but I could swear it was even a tad longer than the usual uncut version, and it had Italian subtitles, or maybe it was just the opening intro (the credits) that were Italian. Or maybe the whole movie was in Italian but had Turkish subtitles...it´s all a blur to me.It´s been such a long time. MY LIFE FADES. THE VISION DIMS. ALL THAT REMAINS ARE MEMORIES. lol

No seriously, I just looked it up, and I´m 100% that I watched the Italian version with Turkish dubbing. Interestingly, it´s called Interceptor- Il guerro della strada in Italian.

So, do you own the blu-ray? Is it any different from the regular DVD? I have the DVD but unfortunately, it is the slightly edited version and there is barely any extra footage on it. Does your blu-ray come with bonus material? It´s too bad that most of my favorite movies from the 80s are often released without any bonus material because they tended not to keep the outtakes or extra footage back then. The same goes for Purple Rain....no deleted scenes on the DVD.

It´s a good thing that at least Arnold´s Conan the Barbarian finally came out with tons of bonus material, and his Pumping Iron DVD also has lots of bonus material on it.

-

So, how is the blu-ray? Is it worth buying?

[Edited 5/15/15 15:56pm]

worth buying for the video quality, you'll swear that the movie was shot in 1994, but forget bout extras...

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Road-Warrior-Blu-ray/66814/

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/16/15 2:01pm

ufoclub

avatar

George Miller has been one of my favorite directors since the early 80's. I can't wait to see this. I can't take my eyes of "Witches of Eastwick" whenever it comes on. Love the last story in "Twilight Zone the Movie"

The only dud he's made is "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome", that was sellout crap.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/18/15 8:50am

PurpleJedi

avatar

This movie was fantastic!

I wasn't expecting much, but I loved it. thumbs up!

Definitely a must-see if you enjoyed the originals. nod

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/18/15 9:06am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Going tonight! I'm actually pumped to see this movie!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/18/15 5:16pm

Revolution

avatar

The visuals are great in This movie. The plot is weak however. Never seen a mad max movie. I was pleasantly surprised.
Thanks for the laughs, arguments and overall enjoyment for the last umpteen years. It's time for me to retire from Prince.org and engage in the real world...lol. Above all, I appreciated the talent Prince. You were one of a kind.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/19/15 3:31pm

DaveT

avatar

Absolutely fantastic movie!! Very rare to see a blockbuster on the big screen where a director/writer is given complete creative freedom. Just goes to show what can be achieved when an artist is left alone to do their thing.

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/19/15 6:36pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

Revolution said:

The visuals are great in This movie. The plot is weak however. Never seen a mad max movie. I was pleasantly surprised.


Speeding cars & gory deaths.

That's all the plot you get with a Mad Max movie lol

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/19/15 7:18pm

Beautifulstarr
123

avatar

I loved Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome, but don't mind checking this one out, even though Mel Gibson isn't in it. Wouldn't he be too old, anyways?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/20/15 3:08am

Rebeljuice

There are 2 versions of the original Mad Max movie. One has the voices over dubbed with American accents. The original has the sound track with Aussie accents.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/20/15 6:56am

KoolEaze

avatar

Rebeljuice said:

There are 2 versions of the original Mad Max movie. One has the voices over dubbed with American accents. The original has the sound track with Aussie accents.

I knew that but I´m wondering whether part II is dubbed as well. I mean, they don´t sound like typical Australians but they don´t sound American either. (The Lord Hummungus actor is Swedish, some actors probably American, Mel does not sound as Australian as in part I.

Guess I´ll have to check my DVD or Youtube again.

It´s weird how Mel sounds more American than Australian these days. He was born in NYC but moved to Oz at an early age.

-

So how did you like this new version?

PS: Languagewise it´s a hodge podge of different accents and dialects. And don´t get me started with the cars. I have to check again whether they were left or righthand drive cars. lol

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/20/15 8:26am

Rebeljuice

KoolEaze said:

Rebeljuice said:

There are 2 versions of the original Mad Max movie. One has the voices over dubbed with American accents. The original has the sound track with Aussie accents.

I knew that but I´m wondering whether part II is dubbed as well. I mean, they don´t sound like typical Australians but they don´t sound American either. (The Lord Hummungus actor is Swedish, some actors probably American, Mel does not sound as Australian as in part I.

Guess I´ll have to check my DVD or Youtube again.

It´s weird how Mel sounds more American than Australian these days. He was born in NYC but moved to Oz at an early age.

-

So how did you like this new version?

PS: Languagewise it´s a hodge podge of different accents and dialects. And don´t get me started with the cars. I have to check again whether they were left or righthand drive cars. lol

Part II wasnt dubbed. By then they knew they were going to be big in the US and so actors that could, put on American accents. Mel Gibson adopted an american accent anyway which to this day he talks with, even in interviews. Like you said he was born in the US so I guess he is allowed to do that. Someone like Charlize Theron has no excuse. She is a South African yet talks like an American in real life.

I havent seen the new one yet. Going on a boys night out this Friday to watch it. Cant wait...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > (Spoiler Alert): IT'S OFFICIAL: MAD MAX FURY ROAD IS AWESOME, GO WATCH IT PEOPLE