independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 6th Apr 2020 1:39pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > 'Arsenio Hall Show' Sets Premiere Week Lineup
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 09/11/13 3:02am

Chancellor

avatar

Graycap23 said:

U have WGN?

Yeah I should get WGN with DirecTV...My satellite package includes everything they offer(other than PPV) so I have to search for WGN...Usually when I look for "People/Shows" by names in the DVR guide it'll list everything that person will be featured in. WGN never showed up, but I'm gonna check..

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 09/11/13 9:38am

jaimestarr79

i have watched 2 shows so far. I'm glad he is back but I'm not impressed. His show does bring back good memories. I don't remember him doing skits on his original show? He needs to loose the skits there are not funny. I do like him as a host. I like how he addressed the old isssues with ice cube. I remember ice cube dogging arsenio in a song back in the day. I like the fact that he has guests from that era. I don't think the show is going to make it. The good thing is he is not on the same time as kimmel and leno. I wish him luck.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 09/12/13 1:55am

Ottensen

babynoz said:

kpowers said:

Better than having the Kardashians, Justin Bieber or some lame reality star.


Ya got that right. I don't wanna see no damn Ga Ga or any other current pop tarts either. I'm fine with the lineup as is.

Here, here! martini

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 09/12/13 1:58am

Ottensen

Chancellor said:

Graycap23 said:

Yeah I should get WGN with DirecTV...My satellite package includes everything they offer(other than PPV) so I have to search for WGN...Usually when I look for "People/Shows" by names in the DVR guide it'll list everything that person will be featured in. WGN never showed up, but I'm gonna check..

If you can't find it, I'll send you the info for the hook-up wink

smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 09/12/13 4:12am

Chancellor

avatar

Ottensen said:

If you can't find it, I'll send you the info for the hook-up wink

smile

He's not airing on WGN either...Last year when Steve Harvey aired we didnt get his pilot show until a week after the rest of the country....Maybe it's the same situtation with Arsenio....Org me your info.....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 09/12/13 6:12am

SweeTeaII

He looks scary...maybe its the make-up.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so". Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 09/12/13 7:17am

HuMpThAnG

avatar

SweeTeaII said:

He looks scary...maybe its the make-up.

nah...just ugky lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 09/12/13 9:07am

Graycap23

Chancellor said:

Ottensen said:

If you can't find it, I'll send you the info for the hook-up wink

smile

He's not airing on WGN either...Last year when Steve Harvey aired we didnt get his pilot show until a week after the rest of the country....Maybe it's the same situtation with Arsenio....Org me your info.....

I see that.

He was on that schedule for WGN but not now.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 09/12/13 9:31pm

Chancellor

avatar

Graycap23 said:

.....

I see that.

He was on that schedule for WGN but not now.

Graycap it's a C-O-N spiracy....I'll take it back if his show pops up on my Guide Monday night...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 09/12/13 11:44pm

MadamGoodnight

For the most part, I like it outside of the corny skits. Did his old show have these skits? I really can't remember.

I wish Chris Tucker would've done some standup. They were just sitting around chatting. It would've been better if Chris had done some of his material.

A strong monologue, music guest, some standup, and I'm good. The prolonged skits, & characters need to go though. Messing up the vibe.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 09/13/13 12:53am

NaughtyKitty

avatar

I agree about the skits, he either needs to get better writers to write funnier skits or just do away with them because they arent adding anything to the show. Other than that I've been enjoying the show so far. The interviews are the strongest part of the show because Arsenio is a very good interviewer.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 09/13/13 3:00am

Chancellor

avatar

MadamGoodnight said:

For the most part, I like it outside of the corny skits. Did his old show have these skits? I really can't remember.

I wish Chris Tucker would've done some standup. They were just sitting around chatting. It would've been better if Chris had done some of his material.

A strong monologue, music guest, some standup, and I'm good. The prolonged skits, & characters need to go though. Messing up the vibe.

No...His old show had bits where they'd be in the dressing room and something silly would be said..I can't recall ANY full skits, that wasnt his thing...Back in the 80's-90's he intentionally dedicated most of his hour to the Guest. I Love Dave Letterman but to be honest he can CUT most of his side-comedy-routine in half and maybe the Music guest won't have to sing real fast cuz all they got left is 2-minutes...Arsenio's old show was unique in that he let the Guest be the bulk of his show...I think that has a lot to do with who he is as a person....Very telling....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 09/13/13 4:29am

missfee

avatar

NaughtyKitty said:

I agree about the skits, he either needs to get better writers to write funnier skits or just do away with them because they arent adding anything to the show. Other than that I've been enjoying the show so far. The interviews are the strongest part of the show because Arsenio is a very good interviewer.

Oh God yes...if he could do away with those skits the show would be great.

I will forever love and miss you...my sweet Prince.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 09/13/13 6:02pm

LittleBLUECorv
ette

avatar

He should get his buddy Keenen Wayans to write his skits.

PRINCE: Always and Forever
MICHAEL JACKSON: Always and Forever
-----
Live Your Life How U Wanna Live It
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 09/14/13 12:57pm

kpowers

avatar

The lady announcer is boring bored

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 09/16/13 12:49am

Chancellor

avatar

Some of you may not know this but Nancy Wilson & her husband helped Arsenio when he first started in the industry. I thought it was odd that she didnt make many (if any) appearances on his old show.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 09/16/13 2:37am

kpowers

avatar

Chancellor said:

Some of you may not know this but Nancy Wilson & her husband helped Arsenio when he first started in the industry. I thought it was odd that she didnt make many (if any) appearances on his old show.

Nancy Wilson of Heart????

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 09/16/13 4:09am

Chancellor

avatar

kpowers said:

Nancy Wilson of Heart????

..LOL...Kpowers you got me rolling...I needed a Monday morning laugh...LOL...Nancy Wilson the Jazz legend...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 09/16/13 11:55am

TeeeeHaaaaHooo
o

Chancellor said:

Some of you may not know this but Nancy Wilson & her husband helped Arsenio when he first started in the industry. I thought it was odd that she didnt make many (if any) appearances on his old show.

[Edited 9/16/13 11:57am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 09/16/13 2:10pm

BlackAdder7

Three months. Five months at the most. They're working Ina. Replacement show already
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 09/18/13 5:18am

uniden

avatar

i like arsenio, so i've been watching off and on since the first night, but i'm hoping it will get better and stronger. we know he can do it....but so far i'm a little let down by it. neutral

be kind, be a friend, not a bully.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 09/18/13 6:04am

uPtoWnNY

OVA

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 09/18/13 6:17am

Graycap23

uPtoWnNY said:

OVA

Sounds about right.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 09/27/13 8:12pm

SeventeenDayze

Okay, so I'm watching it now.....I like Arsenio but his writers should all be fired. It seems like someone set this brother up to fail with this....

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 09/29/13 9:56am

Abdul

So far the return has been okay IMO, he's no worse then those other late night shows

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 09/29/13 10:03am

Tempest

Will someone please PM me if P is going to be, or rumored to be (for real), on the show? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 09/29/13 11:25am

SeventeenDayze

Tempest said:

Will someone please PM me if P is going to be, or rumored to be (for real), on the show? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. lol

I wonder if the Prince Late Night Talk Show curse will be in full effect. Will Arsenio be canceled shortly after a Prince appearance? smile

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 09/29/13 3:51pm

NaughtyKitty

avatar

uniden said:

i like arsenio, so i've been watching off and on since the first night, but i'm hoping it will get better and stronger. we know he can do it....but so far i'm a little let down by it. neutral

yeahthat Same here.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 09/29/13 4:11pm

Tempest

SeventeenDayze said:

Tempest said:

Will someone please PM me if P is going to be, or rumored to be (for real), on the show? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. lol

I wonder if the Prince Late Night Talk Show curse will be in full effect. Will Arsenio be canceled shortly after a Prince appearance? smile

*

shake Prince will be the bomb. If the show cancels, it'll cancel on it's own merits or lack thereof. No curse involved. nod

*

I just hope he gets on before it cancels. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 09/30/13 4:53am

missfee

avatar

Tempest said:

SeventeenDayze said:

I wonder if the Prince Late Night Talk Show curse will be in full effect. Will Arsenio be canceled shortly after a Prince appearance? smile

*

shake Prince will be the bomb. If the show cancels, it'll cancel on it's own merits or lack thereof. No curse involved. nod

*

I just hope he gets on before it cancels. lol

This. nod

I've been watching on and off since he first aired and have only been watching "after the fact" on my DVR. I fast forward his monologue and go straight to the interviews. So far the show hasn't been that great...the only part that is interesting are the interviews but even that depends on who he is interviewing. That magic he had from the 90's just isn't there, sorry to say. I wouldn't be surprised if the show is cancelled before the year is over. sad

I will forever love and miss you...my sweet Prince.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > 'Arsenio Hall Show' Sets Premiere Week Lineup