independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 9th Dec 2019 9:37am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Everything Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises In 3 Minutes Or Less
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/03/13 1:03pm

cborgman

avatar

Everything Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises In 3 Minutes Or Less

falloff falloff falloff

[Edited 1/3/13 13:13pm]

Out-foxing fox-bots for almost 20 years on the org.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/03/13 1:20pm

CynicKill

It is Hollywood.

And people think this stuff is great.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/03/13 2:30pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

I see now I should have been doing video reviews instead of cranking out 500 words about bad movies!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/03/13 2:36pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

falloff

That was awesome!

The biggest sin for me was casting Tom Hardy, who's shorter than Captain Kirk,

...as the monster Bane...

rolleyes

Almost as bad as sticking Vinnie Jones into a rubber suit and called him "Juggernaut" in X-Men: Last Stand.

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/03/13 3:53pm

Gunsnhalen

PurpleJedi said:

falloff

That was awesome!

The biggest sin for me was casting Tom Hardy, who's shorter than Captain Kirk,

...as the monster Bane...

rolleyes

Almost as bad as sticking Vinnie Jones into a rubber suit and called him "Juggernaut" in X-Men: Last Stand.

Tom Hardy is way more swoll than Captain Kirk lol

Height is not everything in intimidation and power razz

Pistols sounded like "Fuck off," wheras The Clash sounded like "Fuck Off, but here's why.."- Thedigitialgardener

All music is shit music and no music is real- gunsnhalen

Datdonkeydick- Asherfierce

Gary Hunts Album Isn't That Good- Soulalive
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/03/13 5:54pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

Gunsnhalen said:

Height is not everything in intimidation and power razz

I agree...but you at LEAST need to be 6' tall. Come on now.

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/03/13 9:55pm

johnart

avatar

I fuckin HATEDDDDDD that movie. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/03/13 11:36pm

ManlyMoose

I agree that everything in this video are flaws. But they arent really noticable or major besides a couple big ones, a good amount of them were nitpicks; they give a 73 and sent it to hell??? If they review an Adam Sandler movie the scale would have to go to 5,000,000 and they would have to find someplace much worse.

But ya it aint a perfect movie, the way they were involving the 1st movie makes me think they originially wanted to involve the 2nd movie but couldnt because of Heath dying and ended up making a kinda sloppy rewrite.

[Edited 1/3/13 23:38pm]

[Edited 1/3/13 23:40pm]

[Edited 1/3/13 23:41pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/04/13 1:17am

Tittypants

avatar

falloff This was awesome!!

الحيوان النادلة ((((|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|)))) ...AND THAT'S THE WAY THE "TITTY" MILKS IT!
My Albums: https://zillzmp.bandcamp.com/music
My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/zillz82
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/04/13 3:50am

damosuzuki

PurpleJedi said:

Gunsnhalen said:

Height is not everything in intimidation and power razz

I agree...but you at LEAST need to be 6' tall. Come on now.

I don't know the comics, so I didn't know Bane was meant to be tall - but I have no problem accepting Tom Hardy as physically intimidating. Have you ever seen Bronson? Really good film, and he's a force of nature in it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/04/13 5:51am

PurpleJedi

avatar

damosuzuki said:

PurpleJedi said:

I agree...but you at LEAST need to be 6' tall. Come on now.

I don't know the comics, so I didn't know Bane was meant to be tall - but I have no problem accepting Tom Hardy as physically intimidating. Have you ever seen Bronson? Really good film, and he's a force of nature in it.

^^^I believe that they kept citing that movie as proof positive that he was good for the role when he was (mis)cast for the role.

shrug

Never saw it.

But Bane is supposed to be a BEAST.

I didn't believe it in Dark Knight Rises. hmph!

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/04/13 9:32pm

PDogz

avatar

damosuzuki said:

Have you ever seen Bronson? Really good film, and he's a force of nature in it.

This movie was HOT, and the film that made me a Tom Hardy fan. I enjoyed him in 2012's "Lawless" also.

"There's Nothing That The Proper Attitude Won't Render Funkable!"

star
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/04/13 10:11pm

JoeyC

avatar

damosuzuki said:

PurpleJedi said:

I agree...but you at LEAST need to be 6' tall. Come on now.

I don't know the comics, so I didn't know Bane was meant to be tall - but I have no problem accepting Tom Hardy as physically intimidating. Have you ever seen Bronson? Really good film, and he's a force of nature in it.

I'm a big fan of Tom Hardy. I think the guy was great as Bane and Bronson.

Its amazing to know that he use to be addicted to crack cocaine and alcohol.

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/05/13 12:53am

robertlove

PurpleJedi said:

damosuzuki said:

I don't know the comics, so I didn't know Bane was meant to be tall - but I have no problem accepting Tom Hardy as physically intimidating. Have you ever seen Bronson? Really good film, and he's a force of nature in it.

^^^I believe that they kept citing that movie as proof positive that he was good for the role when he was (mis)cast for the role.

shrug

Never saw it.

But Bane is supposed to be a BEAST.

I didn't believe it in Dark Knight Rises. hmph!

I thought he was pretty intimidating in the Dark Knight. I rather fight that Kirk guy than Hardy lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/05/13 4:26am

damosuzuki

PurpleJedi said:

damosuzuki said:

I don't know the comics, so I didn't know Bane was meant to be tall - but I have no problem accepting Tom Hardy as physically intimidating. Have you ever seen Bronson? Really good film, and he's a force of nature in it.

^^^I believe that they kept citing that movie as proof positive that he was good for the role when he was (mis)cast for the role.

shrug

Never saw it.

But Bane is supposed to be a BEAST.

I didn't believe it in Dark Knight Rises. hmph!

I think I understand where you're coming from. We've all seen films where the casting didn't meet our expectations of what a character should be. However, as a guy who knew nothing about the character, I had no problem accepting Tom Hardy as physically powerful & as someone who could beat up Batman.

I agree with a lot of the criticisms of that movie (though I still really liked it. I rated it highly and thought it was very enjoyable as summer blockbuster), but I had no issue with Tom Hardy.

[Edited 1/5/13 4:57am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/05/13 4:32am

damosuzuki

PDogz said:

damosuzuki said:

Have you ever seen Bronson? Really good film, and he's a force of nature in it.

This movie was HOT, and the film that made me a Tom Hardy fan. I enjoyed him in 2012's "Lawless" also.

Lawless is on my list of 2012 films I need to catch up on. I'm not the biggest Nick Cave fan, but I think he's greatly talented and I'm always interested in what he does.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Everything Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises In 3 Minutes Or Less