independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 8th Apr 2020 6:37pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Getting "emotional" during movies-that you think why am I getting upset over this ???
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/26/12 6:29pm

ColAngus

avatar

Getting "emotional" during movies-that you think why am I getting upset over this ???

Ok . these damn horse movies .

What is up with that ?

I do not own a horse . I have only been to horse racing like 4 times in my life ...

yet - when i watch "secretariot " or "seabiscuit " i get all teary eyes !!!????

is this my feminine side coming out ?

Seriously , I dont get it . I know the story , have seen both movies a few times ... yet I find myself getting all emotional at certain parts .... today it wasnt even a sad part ... but . sheesh . maybe it is my time of the month ...

W T H ...

confused confused

Colonel Angus may be smelly. colonel angus may be a little rough . but deep down ... Colonel angus is very sweet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/26/12 6:59pm

paintedlady

avatar

Sex helps me maintain my hard egde when I see these type movies, otherwise I am an emotional mess....

I wanna see War Horse, haven't seen that yet.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/26/12 7:28pm

ColAngus

avatar

I heard "warhorse" was a good movie too ... i really dont have a huge desire to see it but I will no doubt check it out when it is on HBO or Starz etc ...

interesting your comment about sex ... that is probably it !

Colonel Angus may be smelly. colonel angus may be a little rough . but deep down ... Colonel angus is very sweet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/26/12 9:57pm

ZombieKitten

avatar

I teared up this morning during the Les Mis movie trailer - Anne Hathaway with her short hair bawl who sings her part btw?
I'm the mistake you wanna make
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/27/12 7:00am

paintedlady

avatar

ColAngus said:

I heard "warhorse" was a good movie too ... i really dont have a huge desire to see it but I will no doubt check it out when it is on HBO or Starz etc ...

interesting your comment about sex ... that is probably it !

The sex thing is crazy, isn't it? But lol Good Lord... in general I am more emotionally healthy when I get it on a regular. Otherwise I am a blubbering mess in any movie... last time I was an absolute mess was in Million Dollar Baby... snot and everything. disbelief

Zombiekitten said:


avatar

I teared up this morning during the Les Mis movie trailer

Imma need a glass of wine to watch Les Mis ... is Hugh Jackman in that one?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/27/12 9:48am

PurpleJedi

avatar

paintedlady said:

Sex helps me maintain my hard egde when I see these type movies, otherwise I am an emotional mess....

I wanna see War Horse, haven't seen that yet.

So many possibilities with this comment...so many possibilities...

evillol

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/27/12 9:49am

PurpleJedi

avatar

I found myself crying at the end of "Marley & Me".

disbelief

I had to go get in a bar fight after that.

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/27/12 10:38am

RodeoSchro

ColAngus said:

I heard "warhorse" was a good movie too ... i really dont have a huge desire to see it but I will no doubt check it out when it is on HBO or Starz etc ...

interesting your comment about sex ... that is probably it !

"Warhorse" was, IMO, HORRIBLE. Take my advice and do not waste your time on that movie.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/27/12 10:40am

shiloh66

avatar

PurpleJedi said:

I found myself crying at the end of "Marley & Me".

disbelief

I had to go get in a bar fight after that.

Anyone who didn't cry at the end of that one is broken!

I went to see it with my parents and all of us were sobbing, even Dad.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/27/12 10:43am

RodeoSchro

Instead of watching that trainwreck of a movie called "Warhorse", go see THIS movie!

http://www.wildhorsewildride.com/

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/27/12 10:44am

PurpleJedi

avatar

shiloh66 said:

PurpleJedi said:

I found myself crying at the end of "Marley & Me".

disbelief

I had to go get in a bar fight after that.

Anyone who didn't cry at the end of that one is broken!

I went to see it with my parents and all of us were sobbing, even Dad.

lol

It was such a crappy movie too! I was watching it with my daughter & her friends (she'd had a sleepover) and one of the little brats darlings pointed to me and yelled; "Mr. Z! Are you CRYING?!"

hammer

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/27/12 10:46am

paintedlady

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

Instead of watching that trainwreck of a movie called "Warhorse", go see THIS movie!

http://www.wildhorsewildride.com/

Warhorse = trainwreck? pout bummer.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/27/12 10:50am

RodeoSchro

paintedlady said:

RodeoSchro said:

Instead of watching that trainwreck of a movie called "Warhorse", go see THIS movie!

http://www.wildhorsewildride.com/

Warhorse = trainwreck? pout bummer.

Yeah, I thought so. The story was bad, the acting wasn't any better, the horse was almost non-existent. The trailer makes you think it's about how this horse helps a guy through the war, but really that isn't what happens at all. Everyone in the movie is a loser.

I thought the movie was just a major, depressing bummer. But then again, "Animal House" is my favorite movie so it's not like I'm real sophisticated.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/27/12 10:55am

morningsong

All Dogs Go to Heaven. I was pregnant at the time but still I boohoo'd up a storm.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/27/12 11:07am

paintedlady

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

paintedlady said:

Warhorse = trainwreck? pout bummer.

Yeah, I thought so. The story was bad, the acting wasn't any better, the horse was almost non-existent. The trailer makes you think it's about how this horse helps a guy through the war, but really that isn't what happens at all. Everyone in the movie is a loser.

I thought the movie was just a major, depressing bummer. But then again, "Animal House" is my favorite movie so it's not like I'm real sophisticated.

talk to the hand Not sophisticated? Absolutely not! Animal House is a CLASSIC!

*scratches War Horse off gotta see movie list*

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/27/12 11:33am

alphastreet

movies with animals and other mushy plots brought on the waterworks after 25, went up the most after 26

but I love watching comedies and sitcoms, I laugh like there's no tomorrow, no matter how psychotic I sound

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Getting "emotional" during movies-that you think why am I getting upset over this ???