independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 21st Jul 2019 8:29pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Do you take it seriously when......
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/25/11 6:48am

NWF

avatar

Do you take it seriously when......

....someone deletes you from one of those social networking sites (Myspace, Facebook, etc.)? Makes you wonder why they do it, right? But what if you can't think of a reason or they do it for no reason whatsoever?

NEW WAVE FOREVER: SLAVE TO THE WAVE FROM THE CRADLE TO THE GRAVE.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/25/11 6:50am

Lisa10

I couldn't give a toss to be honest.

Unless it was a close friend, in which case i'd give them a slap on the arse and ask why they did it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/25/11 6:52am

Poiple

No, I don't take it seriously, as I am not a member of any of those sites. I'm of the opinion not much positive can come of being on them (but I guess some can say the same for the Org?).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/25/11 7:02am

ufoclub

avatar

Seems like it's hard to notice unless it's someone you regularly communicated with.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/25/11 7:14am

CarrieMpls

Ex-Moderator

avatar

I don’t take it personally. We probably weren’t close to begin with.

I’ve gone through and deleted batches of people before. To be honest, it’s usually orgers who I don’t know well that get deleted. I used to accept all friends who liked Prince as I assumed it was an orger I just didn’t recognize and I’d have felt badly saying I didn’t know who they are. redface

I don’t accept anyone I don’t know well anymore, though. It’s nothing personal at all.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/25/11 7:21am

johnart

avatar

It happens shrug

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/25/11 8:08am

psychodelicide

avatar

NWF said:

....someone deletes you from one of those social networking sites (Myspace, Facebook, etc.)? Makes you wonder why they do it, right? But what if you can't think of a reason or they do it for no reason whatsoever?

omfg NWF!! Welcome back; I've missed you!! hug woot!

I've had people delete me off Facebook, but I don't take it personal. If they don't want me to be on their list anymore, it's no skin off my nose.

[Edited 1/25/11 8:12am]

RIP, Prince. A legend has left us, and you will be forever missed. cry

"She probably found her vagina". lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/25/11 8:10am

psychodelicide

avatar

CarrieMpls said:

I used to accept all friends who liked Prince as I assumed it was an orger I just didn’t recognize and I’d have felt badly saying I didn’t know who they are. redface

I do the same thing.

RIP, Prince. A legend has left us, and you will be forever missed. cry

"She probably found her vagina". lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/25/11 8:54am

NWF

avatar

Well, that's good. You probably shouldn't take it so seriously then, especially if they weren't that close to you or served no purpose to you. In my younger and crazier days that sort of thing would've bothered me. But now I don't really care. I would be concerned if it was someone who was very close to me. And of course I would do some investigation. You know, there was an orger on here that deleted me from Myspace (they shall remain nameless) and back then I took it to heart since I couldn't figure out why they did it. But now I'm like, "whatever" shrug "Fuck 'em." Besides, I make just the same amount of new friends on those sites as I do wih losing old ones.

NEW WAVE FOREVER: SLAVE TO THE WAVE FROM THE CRADLE TO THE GRAVE.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/25/11 8:56am

NWF

avatar

psychodelicide said:

NWF said:

....someone deletes you from one of those social networking sites (Myspace, Facebook, etc.)? Makes you wonder why they do it, right? But what if you can't think of a reason or they do it for no reason whatsoever?

omfg NWF!! Welcome back; I've missed you!! hug woot!

I've had people delete me off Facebook, but I don't take it personal. If they don't want me to be on their list anymore, it's no skin off my nose.

[Edited 1/25/11 8:12am]

Hi, Psych! wave hug Yeah, I know I'm not around these days since the org is just so boring and becoming more and more inhabited by more haters. That sort of thing turns me off.

NEW WAVE FOREVER: SLAVE TO THE WAVE FROM THE CRADLE TO THE GRAVE.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/25/11 9:14am

psychodelicide

avatar

NWF said:

psychodelicide said:

omfg NWF!! Welcome back; I've missed you!! hug woot!

I've had people delete me off Facebook, but I don't take it personal. If they don't want me to be on their list anymore, it's no skin off my nose.

[Edited 1/25/11 8:12am]

Hi, Psych! wave hug Yeah, I know I'm not around these days since the org is just so boring and becoming more and more inhabited by more haters. That sort of thing turns me off.

I know what you mean.

RIP, Prince. A legend has left us, and you will be forever missed. cry

"She probably found her vagina". lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/25/11 11:43am

myfavorite

avatar

i really wish they would sometimes.....folk be trrrrrrriiiiiiiiipin.

THE B EST BE YOURSELF AS LONG AS YOUR SELF ISNT A DYCK[/r]

**....Someti
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/25/11 11:46am

orger

avatar

no...I finally narrowed my 'friends' list down to close friends, family, people that I have had extended, real life interaction with, etc...there are very few exceptions to this...I used to have tons of orgers but ditched most of them because I simply interact with them here...shrug

How is it you feel?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/25/11 11:48am

purplemookiebu
t

avatar

not really. i don't keep track of that. i just accept everyone. shit i got over 700"friends" on facebook. myspace was mostly ppl who play mafia wars....

yoda i don't wear a cross?!!? i wear a prince symbol prince guitar wacky nutty I When Prince's cum dries, diamonds are formed. lol eek drooling no one tops prince in concert!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/25/11 2:52pm

Acrylic

avatar

I don't care.

batting eyes ACRYLIC batting eyes
I do nothing professionally.
I only do things for fun.

johnart: Acrylic's old bras is where tits of all sizes go to frolic after they die. Tit Heaven.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/25/11 3:01pm

HotGritz

avatar

psychodelicide said:

CarrieMpls said:

I used to accept all friends who liked Prince as I assumed it was an orger I just didn’t recognize and I’d have felt badly saying I didn’t know who they are. redface

I do the same thing.

nod

Me three.

But if I knew someone very well and we were on good terms then they all of sudden deleted me...I probably would take it personally cuz I'd wonder what the hell happened. If I only knew them casually or hardly at all I'd say "chugadeuce!"

I'M NOT SAYING YOU'RE UGLY. YOU JUST HAVE BAD LUCK WHEN IT COMES TO MIRRORS AND SUNLIGHT!
RIP Dick Clark, Whitney Houston, Don Cornelius, Heavy D, and Donna Summer. rose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/25/11 3:06pm

Timmy84

NWF said:

....someone deletes you from one of those social networking sites (Myspace, Facebook, etc.)? Makes you wonder why they do it, right? But what if you can't think of a reason or they do it for no reason whatsoever?

Nah.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/25/11 3:24pm

paintedlady

avatar

De-friended? No I never take it personal... I did notice two friends my sister that have blocked me completely lol I think its funny, since they have no connection with my son yet try to flirt with him... grown assed women too. Fucking creeps! My son blocked them. I think they just saved me the trouble since they blocked me ... it's a good thing for all parties involved since some people are just up to no good anyways.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/25/11 3:38pm

HotGritz

avatar

paintedlady said:

De-friended? No I never take it personal... I did notice two friends my sister that have blocked me completely lol I think its funny, since they have no connection with my son yet try to flirt with him... grown assed women too. Fucking creeps! My son blocked them. I think they just saved me the trouble since they blocked me ... it's a good thing for all parties involved since some people are just up to no good anyways.

Wha??? Grown women trying to hit on your teen son? Guess it aint just the men tryna jack a kid for their youth. disbelief

I'M NOT SAYING YOU'RE UGLY. YOU JUST HAVE BAD LUCK WHEN IT COMES TO MIRRORS AND SUNLIGHT!
RIP Dick Clark, Whitney Houston, Don Cornelius, Heavy D, and Donna Summer. rose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/25/11 4:19pm

paintedlady

avatar

HotGritz said:

paintedlady said:

De-friended? No I never take it personal... I did notice two friends my sister that have blocked me completely lol I think its funny, since they have no connection with my son yet try to flirt with him... grown assed women too. Fucking creeps! My son blocked them. I think they just saved me the trouble since they blocked me ... it's a good thing for all parties involved since some people are just up to no good anyways.

Wha??? Grown women trying to hit on your teen son? Guess it aint just the men tryna jack a kid for their youth. disbelief

These two women are about 45 years old and trolling FB for young dick it seems. (my son just turned twenty 3 weeks ago) disbelief They do the same with my nephew and younger brothers, calling them terms like "mandingo" . I wish my sister had higher standards in friends. Gross. If the roles were reversed and it was older men hitting on young 20 something women, my sister would be horrified. confused

[Edited 1/25/11 16:23pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/25/11 4:23pm

TotalANXiousNE
SS

avatar

I dunno.

If it was like a good friend that I actually TALK to, then I'd wonder.

If it's just some random that I haven't actually seen or conversed with since highschool, then not really.

I've reached in darkness and come out with treasure
I layed down with love and I woke up with lies
Whats it all worth only the heart can measure
It's not whats in the mirror but what's left inside
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 01/25/11 4:25pm

paintedlady

avatar

TotalANXiousNESS said:

I dunno.

If it was like a good friend that I actually TALK to, then I'd wonder.

If it's just some random that I haven't actually seen or conversed with since highschool, then not really.


nod

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 01/25/11 4:45pm

HotGritz

avatar

paintedlady said:

HotGritz said:

Wha??? Grown women trying to hit on your teen son? Guess it aint just the men tryna jack a kid for their youth. disbelief

These two women are about 45 years old and trolling FB for young dick it seems. (my son just turned twenty 3 weeks ago) disbelief They do the same with my nephew and younger brothers, calling them terms like "mandingo" . I wish my sister had higher standards in friends. Gross. If the roles were reversed and it was older men hitting on young 20 something women, my sister would be horrified. confused

[Edited 1/25/11 16:23pm]

disbelief disbelief Gross is right. They're taking that cougar thing a lil too far.

I'M NOT SAYING YOU'RE UGLY. YOU JUST HAVE BAD LUCK WHEN IT COMES TO MIRRORS AND SUNLIGHT!
RIP Dick Clark, Whitney Houston, Don Cornelius, Heavy D, and Donna Summer. rose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 01/26/11 8:59am

sonic

avatar

confused

I was thinking of blocking my niece.....but i dont want to hurt her feelings. we only see each other at x-mas. her life is soooo dramma filled & i dont want her to think im reading about her relationship woes (& other crap)..

so what would happen when she clicked on my name?...."sorry, sonic has blocked you" eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 01/26/11 2:53pm

paintedlady

avatar

sonic said:

confused

I was thinking of blocking my niece.....but i dont want to hurt her feelings. we only see each other at x-mas. her life is soooo dramma filled & i dont want her to think im reading about her relationship woes (& other crap)..

so what would happen when she clicked on my name?...."sorry, sonic has blocked you" eek

for HER self-esteem you can add her and hide all her posts... she can only message you and send you invites. wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 01/26/11 2:55pm

ZombieKitten

a famous actor I was friends with for a while deleted me pissed I'm going to make a few calls, find out where he lives and sew prawns into his curtain hems. How could he delete me we traded recipes!!! bawl WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 01/26/11 2:58pm

BlackAdder7

Lisa10 said:

I couldn't give a toss to be honest.

Unless it was a close friend, in which case i'd give them a slap on the arse and ask why they did it.

I deleted you. when can I have my spanking?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 01/26/11 5:35pm

JuliePurplehea
d

avatar

No. Yes, I wonder why and sometimes I wonder if they accidentally did it and don't know it and then they might think I deleted them. But other than that, it's no biggie. I'm sure they had their reasons and my life will go on.

Shake it til ya make it dancing jig
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 01/26/11 5:38pm

ZombieKitten

JuliePurplehead said:

No. Yes, I wonder why and sometimes I wonder if they accidentally did it and don't know it and then they might think I deleted them. But other than that, it's no biggie. I'm sure they had their reasons and my life will go on.

I'm suspicious about facebook, twice it has deleted Mach from my friends list without me even KNOWING until she reapplied to be my friend, and I've been deleted from fauxies (and that better be accidental, and if it wasn't, I don't want to know about it cry )

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 01/26/11 5:46pm

Mach

My FB experiences have been such that I never really know if I am deleted from anothers friend list or is my account is deleteing people

I lose and have to readd people all the time ( maybe 1 every 2 weeks or more ! )

So no ...I no longer take that aspect of FB seriously nor can I make the time to invest in readding / searching / apologizing and whatnot

I do ( and keep ) FB mainly for contact/fun with my Family

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Do you take it seriously when......