independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 20th Nov 2019 2:03am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > would u...??
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/04/10 3:59pm

darlinkia

avatar

would u...??

(...this is in no way meant 2 offend anybody on here, so i hope it does not, but...)

would u break up with ur significant other because they got a new tattoo or piercing??...esp if u had several discussions pertaining 2 the tattoo/piercing b4 hand and they knew that u were not in favor...

would a tattoo or piercing change ur mind about becoming involved with some1??...could the addition of a particular tattoo/piercing change how attracted u were 2 some1 that u were involved with?

or on the other hand, if u were with somebody, and they expressed a distaste for something that u wanted done, but didnt have yet, would u go behind their back and just do it anyways, with no regard 2 how they felt??...if so, why?

...is it wrong 2 have the slightest expectation of communication with ur partner/spouse/significant other/etc when it comes 2 body modification?

slightly off topic...do u think that in 2days society, having multiple visible tattoos/piercings makes u less desirable in the job market and such??...or is it just particular positions??...i only ask cause i know there are certain professions that prefer that u not have multiple facial piercings/visible tattoos and have rules and regulations pertaining to things such as hair color and just overall appearance...

please discuss...

"...took my sex and my money...took all my self esteem...had the nerve 2 think it was funny...i never knew a bitch so mean"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/04/10 4:03pm

BklynBabe

avatar

I'd break up with someone for trying to tell me how to live my life!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/04/10 4:10pm

ZombieKitten

that's a really good question you know!

If my husband went out and got a piercing or tattoo on his face or something silly that would lose him his job, I could see it being a problem. OR if he got another woman's name tattooed on his arm - boy would he be asking for it!!! pissed

If he went out and did it after us discussing it and that I was dead against it, yes, BIG bone for contention. That would be worse than the tattoo/piercing itself!!! mad

On the other hand, I respect his wishes for me not to do anything to myself that he found unattractive - I wouldn't want him to look at me with repulsion! I know that he should respect my wishes to do what I want - a good example is me considering a breast reduction, even though he loves nothing more than huge boobs, he fully supported me and drove me to the surgeon for the consultations.

If I was single and started seeing someone with addictive piercing disorder, I might wonder where it was going to stop hmmm it might make me hesitate!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/04/10 4:19pm

FauxReal

ZombieKitten said:

that's a really good question you know!

If my husband went out and got a piercing or tattoo on his face or something silly that would lose him his job, I could see it being a problem. OR if he got another woman's name tattooed on his arm - boy would he be asking for it!!! pissed

If he went out and did it after us discussing it and that I was dead against it, yes, BIG bone for contention. That would be worse than the tattoo/piercing itself!!! mad

On the other hand, I respect his wishes for me not to do anything to myself that he found unattractive - I wouldn't want him to look at me with repulsion! I know that he should respect my wishes to do what I want - a good example is me considering a breast reduction, even though he loves nothing more than huge boobs, he fully supported me and drove me to the surgeon for the consultations.

If I was single and started seeing someone with addictive piercing disorder, I might wonder where it was going to stop hmmm it might make me hesitate!!!

Let me know what day that is so I can quit the org.

But to address the topic, I agree with ZK for the most part. Ultimately it is your body. But it's not exactly fair to expect that the other person will find you as physically attractive if you go making all sorts of alterations you know they are against. And depending on how you feel about that person, it is worth taking that into consideration. If they don't mean much to you, then do what pleases you.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/04/10 4:24pm

Hershe

avatar

I don't want any.

And, if he got some casual "Babygirl", over. Or if he got some "Julie" or something - that's not my name, and if it's not his Mother's name, over.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/04/10 4:25pm

ZombieKitten

FauxReal said:

ZombieKitten said:

that's a really good question you know!

If my husband went out and got a piercing or tattoo on his face or something silly that would lose him his job, I could see it being a problem. OR if he got another woman's name tattooed on his arm - boy would he be asking for it!!! pissed

If he went out and did it after us discussing it and that I was dead against it, yes, BIG bone for contention. That would be worse than the tattoo/piercing itself!!! mad

On the other hand, I respect his wishes for me not to do anything to myself that he found unattractive - I wouldn't want him to look at me with repulsion! I know that he should respect my wishes to do what I want - a good example is me considering a breast reduction, even though he loves nothing more than huge boobs, he fully supported me and drove me to the surgeon for the consultations.

If I was single and started seeing someone with addictive piercing disorder, I might wonder where it was going to stop hmmm it might make me hesitate!!!

Let me know what day that is so I can quit the org.

But to address the topic, I agree with ZK for the most part. Ultimately it is your body. But it's not exactly fair to expect that the other person will find you as physically attractive if you go making all sorts of alterations you know they are against. And depending on how you feel about that person, it is worth taking that into consideration. If they don't mean much to you, then do what pleases you.

yes, completely! Be your own person.

If you are half of a committed couple (team) why do stuff that would cause a rift? I think it could be worked through anyway, since the team is built on considering each other's needs and desires.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/04/10 4:26pm

darlinkia

avatar

BklynBabe said:

I'd break up with someone for trying to tell me how to live my life!

i can definately appreciate that and agree completely...u def dont want 2 get in2 a controlling relationship cause that might be all good 4 the other person, but not so good 4 urself...i already know

...but if u were in love with somebody and they were in love with u, would u at least put a 2nd consideration on doing something drastic, esp if they were maybe willing 2 compromise their feelings because they knew thats what u wanted, it just might take a while??<---that may sound like an asinine statement...please 4give me if it does...im having a bit of trouble gathering my thoughts... boxed

"...took my sex and my money...took all my self esteem...had the nerve 2 think it was funny...i never knew a bitch so mean"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/04/10 4:34pm

retina

I'm trying to imagine being in the other person's shoes. Would I make an altercation to my body if I thought it looked nice but I knew that my girlfriend found it really unattractive and was against it? I seriously don't think so. I'd care too much about her attraction to me and I'd also care too much about her opinion in general. So because it would be hard for me to imagine going against her will in a case like that, I would feel entitled to be annoyed and hurt if she did it to me.

With that said, I can easily imagine some of my past girlfriends doing it. For some reason I've always gravitated towards women with a personality type that have intense stubbornness attached to it like an annoying appendix! lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/04/10 4:35pm

Mach

darlinkia said:

(...this is in no way meant 2 offend anybody on here, so i hope it does not, but...)

would u break up with ur significant other because they got a new tattoo or piercing??...esp if u had several discussions pertaining 2 the tattoo/piercing b4 hand and they knew that u were not in favor...

goodness no lol

we have been together 25 + years and through HELL together

if he wants a tattoo or piercing ... i'll drive him there

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/04/10 4:46pm

CarrieMpls

Ex-Moderator

avatar

I can't imagine my bf wanting a tattoo or piercing I'd feel strongly against... and I can't imagine him having strong feelings over anything I'd want to do. Overall this just doesn't sound like a big deal. shrug

That said, I don't find too many facial piercings attractive and I definitely don't find facial tattoos attractive. So if he (or I) suddenly went completely out of character and wanted to do a bunch of tacky stuff to his (or my) face and body, that might be an issue. But he has better taste than that, so I just can't imagine that happening.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/04/10 4:51pm

NDRU

avatar

if it made me not love them anymore, but that would have to be a really bad tattoo!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/04/10 4:52pm

JustErin

avatar

Tattoos are hot, and I don't mind some piercings...so this wouldn't bother me.

I'd take into consideration the feelings of my s/o if I was wanting to do something they didn't like...but if it was something that was going to make me happy and he was totally against it, I might not want to be with him anymore.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/04/10 4:54pm

NDRU

avatar

JustErin said:

Tattoos are hot, and I don't mind some piercings...so this wouldn't bother me.

no no no!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/04/10 4:54pm

Revolution

avatar

NDRU said:

if it made me not love them anymore, but that would have to be a really bad tattoo!

Does this qualify?

Thanks for the laughs, arguments and overall enjoyment for the last umpteen years. It's time for me to retire from Prince.org and engage in the real world...lol. Above all, I appreciated the talent Prince. You were one of a kind.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/04/10 4:59pm

NDRU

avatar

what is wrong with people? What did their parents not give them?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/04/10 5:00pm

darlinkia

avatar

...or even...what if u and ur significant other both had expressed interest in...well, whatever it might be...and they didnt want u 2 get something u wanted and simply because they didnt like the idea, u decided 2 let it go 4 the time being; and u didnt want them 2 get something done that they wanted, but then they went and did anyways, how would u feel??...do u then go out and do what they didnt want u 2 do in retaliation?...take a break from/end the relationship, cause its not fair if theyre gonna expect it 2 be all 1 sided like that?...or what...?

i think that there are some tattoos/piercings that can be very sexy...depending on where its at and how tastefully its done...

"...took my sex and my money...took all my self esteem...had the nerve 2 think it was funny...i never knew a bitch so mean"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/04/10 5:03pm

ZombieKitten

darlinkia said:

...or even...what if u and ur significant other both had expressed interest in...well, whatever it might be...and they didnt want u 2 get something u wanted and simply because they didnt like the idea, u decided 2 let it go 4 the time being; and u didnt want them 2 get something done that they wanted, but then they went and did anyways, how would u feel??...do u then go out and do what they didnt want u 2 do in retaliation?...take a break from/end the relationship, cause its not fair if theyre gonna expect it 2 be all 1 sided like that?...or what...?

i think that there are some tattoos/piercings that can be very sexy...depending on where its at and how tastefully its done...

not cool sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/04/10 5:03pm

JustErin

avatar

NDRU said:

JustErin said:

Tattoos are hot, and I don't mind some piercings...so this wouldn't bother me.

no no no!

The kind of dudes I find hot wouldn't have tatts like that.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/04/10 5:05pm

retina

NDRU said:

what is wrong with people? What did their parents not give them?

When I see people like that I seriously can't help but think that they're so far down the path of self-destruction that suicide can't be far away. It's like a super visible scream for help.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/04/10 5:07pm

NDRU

avatar

JustErin said:

NDRU said:

no no no!

The kind of dudes I find hot wouldn't have tatts like that.

what about dudes you find cool?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/04/10 5:08pm

NDRU

avatar

retina said:

NDRU said:

what is wrong with people? What did their parents not give them?

When I see people like that I seriously can't help but think that they're so far down the path of self-destruction that suicide can't be far away. It's like a super visible scream for help.

yes, clearly

google it, there are more people like this than I suspected, and more every day I guess.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/04/10 5:08pm

darlinkia

avatar

JustErin said:

Tattoos are hot, and I don't mind some piercings...so this wouldn't bother me.

I'd take into consideration the feelings of my s/o if I was wanting to do something they didn't like...but if it was something that was going to make me happy and he was totally against it, I might not want to be with him anymore.

yeah...i agree...some tattoos are really hot...well, depending on who has them i spose...and i know it varies a great deal on personal preference...and in my opinion, some piercings look good on some people, but there are some piercings that just dont appeal 2 me...at all...

"...took my sex and my money...took all my self esteem...had the nerve 2 think it was funny...i never knew a bitch so mean"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/04/10 5:10pm

darlinkia

avatar

ZombieKitten said:

darlinkia said:

...or even...what if u and ur significant other both had expressed interest in...well, whatever it might be...and they didnt want u 2 get something u wanted and simply because they didnt like the idea, u decided 2 let it go 4 the time being; and u didnt want them 2 get something done that they wanted, but then they went and did anyways, how would u feel??...do u then go out and do what they didnt want u 2 do in retaliation?...take a break from/end the relationship, cause its not fair if theyre gonna expect it 2 be all 1 sided like that?...or what...?

i think that there are some tattoos/piercings that can be very sexy...depending on where its at and how tastefully its done...

not cool sad

...i know right...not cool at all...its like...2 wrongs arent going 2 make the situation right...i just can think of some people i know that would handle the situation in this fashion...so i put it out there neutral

"...took my sex and my money...took all my self esteem...had the nerve 2 think it was funny...i never knew a bitch so mean"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/04/10 5:12pm

ZombieKitten

darlinkia said:

ZombieKitten said:

not cool sad

...i know right...not cool at all...its like...2 wrongs arent going 2 make the situation right...i just can think of some people i know that would handle the situation in this fashion...so i put it out there neutral

it's immature, and didn't care much for their relationship quite obviously!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/04/10 5:21pm

JustErin

avatar

NDRU said:

JustErin said:

The kind of dudes I find hot wouldn't have tatts like that.

what about dudes you find cool?

Dudes that get tattoos like that are not what I consider cool. wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/04/10 5:23pm

ZombieKitten

I think it's awesome these days you can be HOT and COOL at the same time!

Back in our parents generation that wouldn't have been possible!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/04/10 5:27pm

darlinkia

avatar

...and just outta curiosity, 4 those who do find certain piercings attractive or acceptable, which 1s do u like?? or which are the 1s that u really dont like or find attractive??

4 some reason...eyebrow piercings have never been particularly appealing 2 me...i wouldnt automatically disqualify somebody who was interested in me if they had an eyebrow piercing, ive just never been fond of em, and i dont know why... confuse

"...took my sex and my money...took all my self esteem...had the nerve 2 think it was funny...i never knew a bitch so mean"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/04/10 5:38pm

ZombieKitten

I like labrets, tongue, and eyebrows, but I don't like monroes so much, esp on guys. I also don't really like it if it's more than one.

I saw this guy on telly last night, and I think the labret would have been enough, cute though he be

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 10/04/10 6:03pm

JustErin

avatar

ZombieKitten said:

I like labrets, tongue, and eyebrows, but I don't like monroes so much, esp on guys. I also don't really like it if it's more than one.

I saw this guy on telly last night, and I think the labret would have been enough, cute though he be

I only like pierced ears or nose on a guy...oh, and tongue is hot. Didn't think so...until....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 10/04/10 6:04pm

darlinkia

avatar

ZombieKitten said:

I like labrets, tongue, and eyebrows, but I don't like monroes so much, esp on guys. I also don't really like it if it's more than one.

I saw this guy on telly last night, and I think the labret would have been enough, cute though he be

right...he is pretty cute...and i agree, the labret would have been sufficient

monroes are another 1 that i have no taste 4 at all...they just seem...i dunno...tacky 2 me...especially in combination with 2 many other facial piercings

"...took my sex and my money...took all my self esteem...had the nerve 2 think it was funny...i never knew a bitch so mean"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > would u...??