independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 19th Aug 2019 7:23am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Black dude ALWAYS gets killed in the movie
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 08/07/10 4:11pm

RebirthOfCool

avatar

lol Ok now some of yall are including mainly Black films, so of course the brother is gonna die irst, since that's the majority make-up of the film.

You can call me "ROC" for short wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 08/07/10 4:11pm

Genesia

avatar

tinaz said:



sexyAuntyFuka said:


Watching a movie with a black guy in it is a dead certainty to be a death sentence for that unfortunate brother..



What do they do? Advertise: "black actor needed as comic relief and shameless stereo-type to die with no dignity in Hollywood blockbuster"



Films that have killed the only (or one of the only) black dude (usually first)..





1. Transformers: Yes, Transformers. Jazz, the ONLY black stereo-type auto-bot is savagely ripped in two



2. Deep blue sea: Not even Samuel L Jackson's bad ass could survive that shit



3. In Gremlins, the black science teacher dies first.



4. Enter the Dragon plays it straight. Of the three main protagonists, Williams exists only to show off his fabulous afro and be killed by the Villain first.



5. Painfully apparent in the film Stargate, where the black soldier is not even present during the first alien attack, but is still the first one to die.



6. Occurs twice in Apocalypse Now, where the two black members of the boat's crew are the first two to die.



7. In the original Planet Of The Apes movie, the black member of the three-man group of astronauts is the only one who's killed by the human-hunting gorillas. Of course, later in the movie it turns out that the other white astronaut survived but was lobotomised...



8. Don't even get me started on the Joker killing brothers in The Dark Knight



9. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer: It's always the gruff, scary black general that gets killed by the power hungry villain, Doctor Doom.



10. Scream 2. The first two characters to bite it are black, both in horrifying ways. Omar Epps (pre-House), through use of barely audible whispers to draw him close enough to the wall of the toilet to get stabbed in the ear, to Jada Pinkett being stabbed repeatedly in front of hundreds of witnesses who think it's an act and even encourage the killer!



11. Purple Rain



neutral





What black guy dies in Purple Rain? confuse





Nobody died in Purple Rain.
We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 08/07/10 4:57pm

PositivityNYC

avatar

sextonseven said:

BklynBabe said:

it's like Star Trek when you see some "ensign" you never saw before for the first time....yup, s/he is gonna die!

Weren't they the ones dressed in red?

yes, usually just referred to [by fans] as "red shirts" (only in ST: TOS [the original series])

most were not ranked Ensign (that's the lowest rank, the newbie).. and the red shirt indicated what division they worked in; security, engineering, operations/communications

- when ST: TNG [the next generation] began, the colors were switched; command officers wore red, security etc. wore gold

biggrin

Hag. Muse. Web Goddess. Taurean. Tree Hugger. Poet. Professional Nerd. Geek.
"Resistance is futile." "All shall love me and despair!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 08/07/10 5:00pm

sexyAuntyFuka

avatar

Genesia said:

tinaz said:

What black guy dies in Purple Rain? confuse

Nobody died in Purple Rain.

Has anyone on Prince.org actually seen Purple rain? neutral

Francis L (the Kid's dad) shoots himself in the head.. he's stretchered away and we are led 2 believe he's just in critical condition as there is a shot (excuse the pun) of him in hospital during the song 'I would die 4 U' (excuse the 2nd pun). However, when we are treated 2 the masterpiece of cinematic artistry that is Graffitti bridge we discover that Francis actually died when Prince exclaims to Ingrid "I write letter 2 my dad, I guess I'd be pretty freaked if he wrote one back"

Purple Rain has been criticised for not giving many of the black cast a good line in the film. Brown Mark is actually the ONLY member of the Revolution who DOES NOT utter ONE bloodclart word in the whole film lol

FACT: The ONLY 2 real actors in the film were the one,s playing the kid,s Mom & Dad and they fucking killed Francis L! neutral

Wake up children, dance the dance electric... there isn't much time.... who farted? whofarted ...was it u? disbelief
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 08/07/10 5:00pm

PositivityNYC

avatar

the first time I noticed "the black guy" lived thru a movie was Forest Whitaker in Species (1995) lol

Hag. Muse. Web Goddess. Taurean. Tree Hugger. Poet. Professional Nerd. Geek.
"Resistance is futile." "All shall love me and despair!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 08/07/10 5:04pm

sexyAuntyFuka

avatar

RebirthOfCool said:

lol Ok now some of yall are including mainly Black films, so of course the brother is gonna die irst, since that's the majority make-up of the film.

Bird, X & Panther lol

Wake up children, dance the dance electric... there isn't much time.... who farted? whofarted ...was it u? disbelief
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 08/07/10 5:24pm

papaaisaway

avatar

thekidsgirl said:

sexyAuntyFuka said:

http://www.youtube.com/wa...re=related

neutral

Damn! And it was even Samuel L. Jackson! lol I do remember him being there now, but his role was small

No. There is another. lol

In the opening scene....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 08/07/10 5:36pm

tinaz

avatar

sexyAuntyFuka said:

Genesia said:

tinaz said: Nobody died in Purple Rain.

Has anyone on Prince.org actually seen Purple rain? neutral

Francis L (the Kid's dad) shoots himself in the head.. he's stretchered away and we are led 2 believe he's just in critical condition as there is a shot (excuse the pun) of him in hospital during the song 'I would die 4 U' (excuse the 2nd pun). However, when we are treated 2 the masterpiece of cinematic artistry that is Graffitti bridge we discover that Francis actually died when Prince exclaims to Ingrid "I write letter 2 my dad, I guess I'd be pretty freaked if he wrote one back"

Purple Rain has been criticised for not giving many of the black cast a good line in the film. Brown Mark is actually the ONLY member of the Revolution who DOES NOT utter ONE bloodclart word in the whole film lol

FACT: The ONLY 2 real actors in the film were the one,s playing the kid,s Mom & Dad and they fucking killed Francis L! neutral

Ok.. But he still didnt "die" in Purple rain wink

~~~~~ Oh that voice...incredible....there should be a musical instrument called George Michael... ~~~~~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 08/07/10 5:42pm

sexyAuntyFuka

avatar

tinaz said:

sexyAuntyFuka said:

Has anyone on Prince.org actually seen Purple rain? neutral

Francis L (the Kid's dad) shoots himself in the head.. he's stretchered away and we are led 2 believe he's just in critical condition as there is a shot (excuse the pun) of him in hospital during the song 'I would die 4 U' (excuse the 2nd pun). However, when we are treated 2 the masterpiece of cinematic artistry that is Graffitti bridge we discover that Francis actually died when Prince exclaims to Ingrid "I write letter 2 my dad, I guess I'd be pretty freaked if he wrote one back"

Purple Rain has been criticised for not giving many of the black cast a good line in the film. Brown Mark is actually the ONLY member of the Revolution who DOES NOT utter ONE bloodclart word in the whole film lol

FACT: The ONLY 2 real actors in the film were the one,s playing the kid,s Mom & Dad and they fucking killed Francis L! neutral

Ok.. But he still didnt "die" in Purple rain wink

Yes he did because he was dead by Graffitti Bridge.. smile Died of the gunshot wound in PR...was probably a veg in that hospital when P snogged his bandaged head

Wake up children, dance the dance electric... there isn't much time.... who farted? whofarted ...was it u? disbelief
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 08/07/10 5:43pm

JoeTyler

avatar

Shit! We forgot Lando Calrissian!!! A true badass, a handsome traitor who redeemed himself by destroying the second Death Star (no less)... and he survided it!!

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 08/07/10 5:49pm

tinaz

avatar

sexyAuntyFuka said:

tinaz said:

Ok.. But he still didnt "die" in Purple rain wink

Yes he did because he was dead by Graffitti Bridge.. smile Died of the gunshot wound in PR...was probably a veg in that hospital when P snogged his bandaged head

falloff

~~~~~ Oh that voice...incredible....there should be a musical instrument called George Michael... ~~~~~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 08/07/10 6:16pm

sexyAuntyFuka

avatar

In Red Dawn, who is the first person the Soviets kill after parachuting onto school grounds? The black history teacher.

HULK "It's not so much that the black guy dies first, it's that the black guy dies first 90 minutes into the movie". disbelief

In the miniseries adaptation of of Stephen King's The Langoliers, the sole black man in the group of survivors dies first. In the short story, the guy is not mentioned to be black. He wears a Red Shirt though. lol

Kill Bill plays with it by showing Vernita Green's death first, then going back to O-Ren and the Crazy 88.

Wake up children, dance the dance electric... there isn't much time.... who farted? whofarted ...was it u? disbelief
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 08/07/10 6:21pm

papaaisaway

avatar

JoeTyler said:

Shit! We forgot Lando Calrissian!!! A true badass, a handsome traitor who redeemed himself by destroying the second Death Star (no less)... and he survided it!!

In an earlier draft of the Empire Strikes Back, Lando's character was killed off. neutral

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 08/07/10 6:53pm

JoeTyler

avatar

papaaisaway said:

JoeTyler said:

Shit! We forgot Lando Calrissian!!! A true badass, a handsome traitor who redeemed himself by destroying the second Death Star (no less)... and he survided it!!

In an earlier draft of the Empire Strikes Back, Lando's character was killed off. neutral

but they realized it was a bad idea, so they changed it lol

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 08/07/10 7:00pm

JoeTyler

avatar

The Shining: another tragic & famous death of a charming, intelligent black guy cry disbelief

I remember that I was more saddened/angry than scared the first time I saw the scene:

[Edited 8/7/10 19:00pm]

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 08/07/10 7:21pm

BlackAdder7

how about all the movies where the black guy doesn't get killed?

IronMan.

School Daze.

40 year old virgin.

West Side story

Sound of Music.

Rocky.

An Affair to remember

2001

Castaway

Philadelphia

miracle on 34th street

Shawshank Redemption

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 08/07/10 7:40pm

Genesia

avatar

sexyAuntyFuka said:

tinaz said:

Ok.. But he still didnt "die" in Purple rain wink

Yes he did because he was dead by Graffitti Bridge.. smile Died of the gunshot wound in PR...was probably a veg in that hospital when P snogged his bandaged head

Uh...no. Does anyone actually say in Graffiti Bridge that he died from his self-inflicted gunshot wound from Purple Rain? No. So how do you know he didn't get hit by a bus later?

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 08/07/10 8:47pm

namepeace

JoeTyler said:

Shit! We forgot Lando Calrissian!!! A true badass, a handsome traitor who redeemed himself by destroying the second Death Star (no less)... and he survided it!!

and he wasn't slated to survive in the original script.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 08/07/10 9:01pm

xpertluva

avatar

I turned to my friend at the beginning of Predators and asked if she wanted to bet who'd be the first one to go. We agreed that they'd probably hold off on killing the black guy because that's the Hollywood tradition. They couldn't hold off for long though. He was # 2! smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 08/07/10 9:10pm

purplesweat

8. Don't even get me started on the Joker killing brothers in The Dark Knight

Uh, Joker killed anyone who got in his way...the very first scenes, at least 4 white guys picked off.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 08/08/10 12:24am

LadyLuvSexxy

thekidsgirl said:

papaaisaway said:

Jurassic Park.

There was a black person in Jurassic Park? whofarted

lol Yeah. He got pulled in to the containment cage while everyone barely helped him get out. One of the dinos was cuttin' up and he somehow was the only dude eaten alive.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 08/08/10 12:42am

WaterInYourBat
h

avatar

BlackAdder7 said:

how about all the movies where the black guy doesn't get killed?

IronMan.

School Daze.

40 year old virgin.

West Side story

Sound of Music.

Rocky.

An Affair to remember

2001

Castaway

Philadelphia

miracle on 34th street

Shawshank Redemption

Maybe not in Rocky I, but Apollo eventually gets killed in Rocky IV. mad

And School Daze? lol

"You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." - Bruce Lee
"Water can nourish me, but water can also carry me. Water has magic laws." - JCVD
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 08/08/10 12:59am

WaterInYourBat
h

avatar

sexyAuntyFuka said:

4. Enter the Dragon plays it straight. Of the three main protagonists, Williams exists only to show off his fabulous afro and be killed by the Villain first.

That one has always been upsetting. confused Jim should have been there (with his Black Power fist in the air, lol) during the ending after the fight. The final scene is strange to me with just Bruce and Saxon surviving. It should have been Bruce alone, or all three of them. mad

"You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." - Bruce Lee
"Water can nourish me, but water can also carry me. Water has magic laws." - JCVD
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 08/08/10 3:02am

mordang

avatar

Now we have firmly established that the black dude doesn't die nearly as much as the treadstarter thought, we can call this just another bullshit claim.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 08/08/10 4:06am

sexyAuntyFuka

avatar

mordang said:

Now we have firmly established that the black dude doesn't die nearly as much as the treadstarter thought, we can call this just another bullshit claim.

Stop bullshitting disbelief

Death Toll: Seven Pounds, I Am Legend
Close, But No Flatline: Smith “died” temporarily in Hancock, but was revived – therefore, it doesn’t count.

Death Toll: Cry Freedom, Glory, Heart Condition, Malcolm X, Fallen, The Preacher's Wife, Training Day, Man on Fire
Count It: I gave Denzel half an entry for both Heart Condition (he played a ghost) and The Preacher’s Wife (he played an Angel).

Denzel alone has been killed off in his movies 7 times! lol

.

[Edited 8/8/10 4:08am]

Wake up children, dance the dance electric... there isn't much time.... who farted? whofarted ...was it u? disbelief
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 08/08/10 12:23pm

FauxReal

I applaud LL Cool J for cheating the system in Halloween H20. Black guy survives the movie how?

By pretending to be the black guy that gets killed early...I.e. he plays dead.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 08/08/10 1:51pm

namepeace

The most poignant death might have been in Return of the Living Dead. The message the ending left was far more cutting than it may be given credit for.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 08/08/10 1:53pm

PunkMistress

avatar

thekidsgirl said:

sexyAuntyFuka said:

http://www.youtube.com/wa...re=related

neutral

Damn! And it was even Samuel L. Jackson! lol I do remember him being there now, but his role was small

He was in every movie in the world during those few years. lol

It's what you make it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 08/08/10 1:59pm

JoeTyler

avatar

namepeace said:

The most poignant death might have been in Return of the Living Dead. The message the ending left was far more cutting than it may be given credit for.

exactly; the original death in the ending of the Night of Living Death (1969) was also remarkable...

by the way people arrow GEORGE A. ROMERO loves to break the silly rule of "black man has to die"; watch Zombie, Day of the Dead and Land of the Death and you'll see what I mean: the black dude always survives and/or wins!

[Edited 8/8/10 14:01pm]

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 08/08/10 2:06pm

sexyAuntyFuka

avatar

Fact: Of the 19 main black characters in the Bond film 'Live & let die' ..17 are killed disbelief

Wake up children, dance the dance electric... there isn't much time.... who farted? whofarted ...was it u? disbelief
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Black dude ALWAYS gets killed in the movie