independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 22nd Nov 2019 12:47pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Are the kids really drinkin' that purple stuff AKA Sizzurp now days?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/25/08 12:20pm

magnificentsyn
thesizer

Are the kids really drinkin' that purple stuff AKA Sizzurp now days?

i'm not talkin' about kool-aid or that purple stuff from the Sunny Delight commerical either.

It just kind of tripped me out when i kind of stumbled over that fact that this is a now a trend within the drug culture.

i knew about the Robutussion trick, but i had no idea this theory caught fire and now people are actually mixing cough syrup with sprite and jolly ranchers!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/25/08 12:23pm

SCNDLS

avatar

Uhhh, yes. It's mostly a Southern thing but do you know how many rappers from the Houston/New Orleans area have died from that shit???? It's fuckin' ridiculous. Apparently, that codeine is a helluva drug. disbelief
[Edited 8/25/08 12:23pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/25/08 12:27pm

SUPRMAN

avatar

Yes, they really are drinking it.
It surprised me when someone wanted to buy the codeine cough syrup
that I'd been given (after fracturing a rib coughing).

Yeecchhhh!
I don't want you to think like me. I just want you to think.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/25/08 12:31pm

magnificentsyn
thesizer

yeah, i heard UGK started the whole trend, kinda ironic they think this had something to do with his death.

i guess Lil' Wayne loves this stuff. there's a ton of pictures on him on the net with a styrofoam cup in his hand. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/25/08 12:31pm

magnificentsyn
thesizer

SUPRMAN said:

Yes, they really are drinking it.
It surprised me when someone wanted to buy the codeine cough syrup
that I'd been given (after fracturing a rib coughing).

Yeecchhhh!


what ever gets you there i suppose. lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/25/08 12:33pm

SCNDLS

avatar

magnificentsynthesizer said:

yeah, i heard UGK started the whole trend, kinda ironic they think this had something to do with his death.

i guess Lil' Wayne loves this stuff. there's a ton of pictures on him on the net with a styrofoam cup in his hand. lol


nod Or a baby bottle. Dumb ass. disbelief But Pimp C died because he had sleep apnea AND was doing syrup. Prescriptions for this stuff clear say that you shouldn't take codeine if you have sleep apnea, but I guess addicts don't pay attention to warnings. shrug
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/25/08 12:51pm

rachel3

I had a nephew who died from taking syrup and Valium about 11 yrs ago. It is a big thing here they take the syrup and also take Valium or Oxycontin with it as well. It also tears up your stomach and gives you bleeding ulcers as well.

I can't stand taking this crap when i have bronchitis or pnuemonia much less to take it for pleasure??? Are you kidding me???? YUCK!!!!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/25/08 12:54pm

SCNDLS

avatar

rachel3 said:

I had a nephew who died from taking syrup and Valium about 11 yrs ago. It is a big thing here they take the syrup and also take Valium or Oxycontin with it as well. It also tears up your stomach and gives you bleeding ulcers as well.

I can't stand taking this crap when i have bronchitis or pnuemonia much less to take it for pleasure??? Are you kidding me???? YUCK!!!!!

Wow. Sorry to hear that. hug
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/25/08 1:21pm

chocolate1

avatar

One of my students came to me in June about a boy who had started doing it. disbelief

When I was in jr. high back in the early 80s, there was a boy who would chug Robitussin straight fromt he bottle. His friends nicknamed him "Codiene Kid". He's dead now. He died right after we graduated high school. sad

**Someone offered to buy my prescription for Percocet after my surgery... eek

"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/25/08 1:23pm

magnificentsyn
thesizer

chocolate1 said:

One of my students came to me in June about a boy who had started doing it. disbelief

When I was in jr. high back in the early 80s, there was a boy who would chug Robitussin straight fromt he bottle. His friends nicknamed him "Codiene Kid". He's dead now. He died right after we graduated high school. sad

**Someone offered to buy my prescription for Percocet after my surgery... eek


percocet, vicadin, oxycodone, hydrocodone....all in demand on the streets. nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/25/08 1:44pm

Lammastide

avatar

I just don't understand. disbelief Why!?

I mean, I understand that some people's lives are so unbearable they feel the need to self-medicate. But in the numbers that we see!? That's crazy! I have to believe some folk just find it fun to be high.

Yet if that's true, what is the appeal!?! confuse Barring the ultimate grasp of earnest addiction, I just honestly have never understood the attractiveness of getting habitually !@$#ed up.
[Edited 8/25/08 13:47pm]
Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/25/08 1:53pm

darlinkia

avatar

im surprised that yall are just hearing about this...i think it was bout 10 years back or so it seems that they came out with that fuking song...talking bout "sippin on some sizzurp" by 3 6 mafia i wanna say...THATS when i 1st heard bout that shit...irky ass song...talking bout some dumb ass shit anyways disbelief

i just didnt know that people still actually did that shit... wacky
"...took my sex and my money...took all my self esteem...had the nerve 2 think it was funny...i never knew a bitch so mean"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/25/08 2:00pm

Lammastide

avatar

darlinkia said:

im surprised that yall are just hearing about this...i think it was bout 10 years back or so it seems that they came out with that fuking song...talking bout "sippin on some sizzurp" by 3 6 mafia i wanna say...THATS when i 1st heard bout that shit...irky ass song...talking bout some dumb ass shit anyways disbelief

i just didnt know that people still actually did that shit... wacky

Yeah, it's been around for awhile. In the adjacent suburbs where I grew up, I recall kids used to get together for "Robitussin parties" through high school. disbelief And that was in the mid- to late '80s.
[Edited 8/25/08 14:05pm]
Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/25/08 2:02pm

chocolate1

avatar

That stuff is nasty when I have a cold! barf

"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/25/08 2:02pm

Genesia

avatar

Never heard of it. Sometimes, being old is good. shrug
We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/25/08 2:02pm

Flowers2

seriously?.. i dont know what kids are doing now adays.. and SCNDLS.. Pimp C died from that? eek wow..
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/25/08 2:10pm

magnificentsyn
thesizer

darlinkia said:

im surprised that yall are just hearing about this...i think it was bout 10 years back or so it seems that they came out with that fuking song...talking bout "sippin on some sizzurp" by 3 6 mafia i wanna say...THATS when i 1st heard bout that shit...irky ass song...talking bout some dumb ass shit anyways disbelief

i just didnt know that people still actually did that shit... wacky


yeah, i even heard that song back in the day, but i really thought it was just slang for the name of a drink. lol

guess, i should've really listened to the lyrics. water
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/25/08 2:12pm

MoniGram

avatar

This is just sad!! I know drugs have always been around, and I know they will always be around. It just troubles me to see so many wasted lives. sad
Proud Memaw to Seyhan Olivia Christine ,Zoey Cirilo Jaylee & Ellie Abigail Lillian mushy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/25/08 2:58pm

uPtoWnNY

Never heard of this sh!t until now. What will they think of next?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sizzurp
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/25/08 3:03pm

magnificentsyn
thesizer

uPtoWnNY said:

Never heard of this sh!t until now. What will they think of next?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sizzurp


Also in Lil' Waynes "Do My Thing" he sates "I'm like promethazine, I'm in a snail race" On the David Banner song "Speaker" he also rhymes, "I'm a pill poppin' animal, syrup sippin' n****, I'm so high you couldn't reach me with a fucking antenna

falloff
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/25/08 3:06pm

Flowers2

uPtoWnNY said:

Never heard of this sh!t until now. What will they think of next?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sizzurp



a foot ball player was selling this? eek ..

In September of 2006, Terrence Kiel, a San Diego Chargers player, was arrested during practice for the possession with intent to sell prescription cough syrup for use in making the drink.[3]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/25/08 3:10pm

SCNDLS

avatar

Yeah, Pimp C and like 4 other Houston/New Orleans area rappers and dj's died within months of each other from that shit. Remember, a few years ago you'd see a lot of these fools sucking on baby bottles in their videos? That's what they had in there. The styrofoam cup is another dead giveaway. Not to mention the rotten teeth. disbelief But really, folks have been getting high off prescription cough syrup for decades. It just took these fools' rhymin' skillz to market it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 08/25/08 3:12pm

chocolate1

avatar

SCNDLS said:

Yeah, Pimp C and like 4 other Houston/New Orleans area rappers and dj's died within months of each other from that shit. Remember, a few years ago you'd see a lot of these fools sucking on baby bottles in their videos? That's what they had in there. The styrofoam cup is another dead giveaway. Not to mention the rotten teeth. disbelief But really, folks have been getting high off prescription cough syrup for decades. It just took these fools' rhymin' skillz to market it.


Like I said... a classmate of mine died in the 80s. Just pathetic.

"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 08/25/08 3:16pm

SCNDLS

avatar

chocolate1 said:

SCNDLS said:

Yeah, Pimp C and like 4 other Houston/New Orleans area rappers and dj's died within months of each other from that shit. Remember, a few years ago you'd see a lot of these fools sucking on baby bottles in their videos? That's what they had in there. The styrofoam cup is another dead giveaway. Not to mention the rotten teeth. disbelief But really, folks have been getting high off prescription cough syrup for decades. It just took these fools' rhymin' skillz to market it.


Like I said... a classmate of mine died in the 80s. Just pathetic.

Crazy. disbelief
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 08/25/08 3:21pm

uPtoWnNY

magnificentsynthesizer said:

Also in Lil' Waynes "Do My Thing" he sates "I'm like promethazine, I'm in a snail race" On the David Banner song "Speaker" he also rhymes, "I'm a pill poppin' animal, syrup sippin' n****, I'm so high you couldn't reach me with a fucking antenna



Maybe they'll inscribe that on Li'l Wayne's tombstone. Dumbass.

Sucking on baby bottles....sheesh, Chuck D & KRS-One must be shaking their heads at what's going on. disbelief
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 08/25/08 4:15pm

errant

avatar

i'm almost to the point where i LOVE getting a cold, just so i can chug cough medicine.

i never sleep so well as when i'm high on cough syrup.
"does my cock look fat in these jeans?"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 08/25/08 5:13pm

RenHoek

avatar

moderator

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVES me some NyQuil when I'm sick as a dog, that stuff knocks me out SO good...

but for pleasure??? That's just stoopid (and yes i spelled stupid with 2 o's just because it takes it to that extra level of dumbassedness!)

I used to know this junkie around my way who drank a whole bottle of NyQuil when he couldn't get a fix together... A WHOLE BOTTLE! omfg
[Edited 8/25/08 17:14pm]
A working class Hero is something to be ~ Lennon
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 08/25/08 5:29pm

Mysterioso

avatar

Dimetapp is the shit, son! No but seriously. I don't get what's up with people's taste buds. Depending on what brand you take, cough syrup can be quite edible (I think you can use that term in context of speaking on liquidized substances, right?) or should I just say thirst-quenching/pleasing to the tummy and taste buds. Although I don't agree in any more dabbling of the sorts with these medicinal remedies, unless I need to get rid of a cold.
[Edited 8/25/08 17:33pm]
This sig is just a fig of your imago-neigh-shun
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 08/26/08 5:26pm

KidaDynamite

avatar

RenHoek said:

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVES me some NyQuil when I'm sick as a dog, that stuff knocks me out SO good...

but for pleasure??? That's just stoopid (and yes i spelled stupid with 2 o's just because it takes it to that extra level of dumbassedness!)

I used to know this junkie around my way who drank a whole bottle of NyQuil when he couldn't get a fix together... A WHOLE BOTTLE! omfg
[Edited 8/25/08 17:14pm]

Yeah, NyQuil get's rid of my colds good and helps me sleep but I HATE taking that stuff. The regular green one is just straight nasty...the cherry one is a little better but if I can avoid taking it, I so do.
surviving on the thought of loving you, it's just like the water
I ain't felt this way in years...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 08/26/08 7:30pm

horatio

darlinkia said:

im surprised that yall are just hearing about this...i think it was bout 10 years back or so it seems that they came out with that fuking song...talking bout "sippin on some sizzurp" by 3 6 mafia i wanna say...THATS when i 1st heard bout that shit...irky ass song...talking bout some dumb ass shit anyways disbelief

i just didnt know that people still actually did that shit... wacky



damn, what happened to just smoking some weed?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Are the kids really drinkin' that purple stuff AKA Sizzurp now days?