independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 17th Oct 2018 11:24am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > The Madonna thread.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/06/18 2:34pm

hollywood0024

The Madonna thread.

Let's discuss anything and everything Madonna!

Your thoughts on her?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/06/18 3:13pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/06/18 3:36pm

SoulAlive

hollywood0024 said:

Let's discuss anything and everything Madonna!

Your thoughts on her?

how many times are you gonna do this thread? rolleyes lockdance

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/06/18 3:42pm

TrivialPursuit

SoulAlive said:

hollywood0024 said:

Let's discuss anything and everything Madonna!

Your thoughts on her?

how many times are you gonna do this thread? rolleyes lockdance


Yeah, it tends to be uninteresting and redundant after a while. It's like asking people in public "What is your favorite Prince song?" and they all answer "When Doves Cry".

At least pick an album or era to discuss. Something that people don't normally gravitate toward. Like re-invention vs. blond ambition. Be original.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/06/18 4:01pm

Hudson

avatar

She looks like a witch because her inner beauty has taken over her outer beauty. And I'm excited for her new album.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/06/18 4:21pm

TrivialPursuit

Hudson said:

She looks like a witch because her inner beauty has taken over her outer beauty. And I'm excited for her new album.


This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/06/18 10:10pm

JabarR74

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/07/18 3:50am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Related image

There's no them...there's only us...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/07/18 6:04am

IstenSzek

avatar

so what is she up to, anyway? is she recording new music?

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/07/18 7:09am

FullLipsDotNos
e

avatar

I don't like her.

full lips, freckles, and upturned nose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/07/18 7:20am

StrangeButTrue

avatar

IstenSzek said:

so what is she up to, anyway? is she recording new music?

.

Rumor is she is performing tonight at the NYC Met Gala, either a new track cool or Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah confused this year's theme is Fashion & The Catholic Imagination, which should provide her plenty of material to choose from. Another rumor is the new album will feature collaborations with Mirwais.

if it was just a dream, call me a dreamer 2
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/07/18 1:41pm

IstenSzek

avatar

StrangeButTrue said:

IstenSzek said:

so what is she up to, anyway? is she recording new music?

.

Rumor is she is performing tonight at the NYC Met Gala, either a new track cool or Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah confused this year's theme is Fashion & The Catholic Imagination, which should provide her plenty of material to choose from. Another rumor is the new album will feature collaborations with Mirwais.


interesting. i'd like to hear some more of her and mirwais together cool

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/07/18 6:57pm

dancerella

Love her. A pop goddess!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/07/18 10:10pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

dancerella said:

Love her. A pop goddess!

yeahthat

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/07/18 10:17pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/08/18 9:04am

TrivialPursuit

IstenSzek said:

so what is she up to, anyway? is she recording new music?


She's been in Lisbon recording for a few months. She made an announcement last year that she wanted new vibes and would go to Lisbon to record music. I don't know who she is working with but I hope it's not some trendy producer d'jour. It was Rebel Heart's downfall, IMO. What a shittastic album (down there with Hard Candy and American Life).

We could almost expect new music from her in the mid-late fall 2018. Just a guess but if she's close to being done by this point, there is mixing to do then set a release date.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/08/18 4:55pm

IstenSzek

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

IstenSzek said:

so what is she up to, anyway? is she recording new music?


She's been in Lisbon recording for a few months. She made an announcement last year that she wanted new vibes and would go to Lisbon to record music. I don't know who she is working with but I hope it's not some trendy producer d'jour. It was Rebel Heart's downfall, IMO. What a shittastic album (down there with Hard Candy and American Life).

We could almost expect new music from her in the mid-late fall 2018. Just a guess but if she's close to being done by this point, there is mixing to do then set a release date.


ah yes, she moved to lisbon too, didn't she? well, she probably owns properties in almost every
major city on the globe biggrin

i didn't think rebel heart was THAT bad, actually. at least some of the songs were a return to a
more melodic structure, i liked that. even if some of the demo's were better than the released
ones (like for instance 'grafitty heart'). but yes, as a whole album it wasn't that good either, it
had too many wtf? songs on it.


and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/08/18 5:09pm

TrivialPursuit

IstenSzek said:

ah yes, she moved to lisbon too, didn't she? well, she probably owns properties in almost every
major city on the globe biggrin

i didn't think rebel heart was THAT bad, actually. at least some of the songs were a return to a
more melodic structure, i liked that. even if some of the demo's were better than the released
ones (like for instance 'grafitty heart'). but yes, as a whole album it wasn't that good either, it
had too many wtf? songs on it.



The move was temporary to record music. It's certainly not a new home.

It should be interesting to hear what she comes up with.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/08/18 5:25pm

IstenSzek

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

IstenSzek said:

ah yes, she moved to lisbon too, didn't she? well, she probably owns properties in almost every
major city on the globe biggrin

i didn't think rebel heart was THAT bad, actually. at least some of the songs were a return to a
more melodic structure, i liked that. even if some of the demo's were better than the released
ones (like for instance 'grafitty heart'). but yes, as a whole album it wasn't that good either, it
had too many wtf? songs on it.



The move was temporary to record music. It's certainly not a new home.

It should be interesting to hear what she comes up with.


ah ok, so it was just to record music. i thought i read somewhere that one of her kids
got on a football youth team or something and they all just moved there for a while.

i'm interested now that i've seen mirwais mentioned again. hmmm


and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/09/18 12:43am

LightOfArt

Trailer of her performing "Like A Prayer" and "Hallelujah"

lick

does not embed for some reasone. the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=19&v=PZ6VuVI54nY

[Edited 5/9/18 0:44am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/09/18 1:50am

DaveT

avatar

LightOfArt said:

Trailer of her performing "Like A Prayer" and "Hallelujah"

lick

does not embed for some reasone. the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=19&v=PZ6VuVI54nY

[Edited 5/9/18 0:44am]


Its either all or nothing at all with M's cover versions ... either god-awful (American Pie) or really good (Love Don't Live Here Anymore, La Vie En Rose from Rebel Heart Tour).

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/09/18 8:39am

LightOfArt

DaveT said:

LightOfArt said:

Trailer of her performing "Like A Prayer" and "Hallelujah"

lick

does not embed for some reasone. the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=19&v=PZ6VuVI54nY

[Edited 5/9/18 0:44am]


Its either all or nothing at all with M's cover versions ... either god-awful (American Pie) or really good (Love Don't Live Here Anymore, La Vie En Rose from Rebel Heart Tour).

I really enjoyed that one biggrin Nothing Compares 2 U was her lowest moment cover-wise IMO

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/09/18 11:24am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

closest to Madonna Italian mafia connection past love Chris Paciello (Bonanno Family)

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/09/18 11:36am

StrangeButTrue

avatar

LightOfArt said:

DaveT said:


Its either all or nothing at all with M's cover versions ... either god-awful (American Pie) or really good (Love Don't Live Here Anymore, La Vie En Rose from Rebel Heart Tour).

I really enjoyed that one biggrin Nothing Compares 2 U was her lowest moment cover-wise IMO

.

Then you haven't seen her cover of Britney Spears 'Toxic' - great concept... not so great execution.

if it was just a dream, call me a dreamer 2
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/09/18 6:22pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

I'm looking forward to what Madonna will do next... I hope it is tighter and more focused than the last album. That being said, there were several good songs off the last one that I still listen to. Madonna is a tried and true performer...in the Burlesque tradition.

There's no them...there's only us...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/10/18 1:24am

LightOfArt

StrangeButTrue said:

LightOfArt said:

I really enjoyed that one biggrin Nothing Compares 2 U was her lowest moment cover-wise IMO

.

Then you haven't seen her cover of Britney Spears 'Toxic' - great concept... not so great execution.

I blocked that one out of my memory I think. You are right lol

On another note, I'm so excited about the new album and collaboration with Mirwais. Unlike many others I adored American Life. Let's hope they re-ignite the magic this time around. Because MDNA did not turn out to be even 1/3 of the album Ray Of Light was with the same producer (William Orbit)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/10/18 8:43am

214

purplethunder3121 said:

I'm looking forward to what Madonna will do next... I hope it is tighter and more focused than the last album. That being said, there were several good songs off the last one that I still listen to. Madonna is a tried and true performer...in the Burlesque tradition.

Me too

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/10/18 9:20am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

purplethunder3121 said:

I'm looking forward to what Madonna will do next... I hope it is tighter and more focused than the last album. That being said, there were several good songs off the last one that I still listen to. Madonna is a tried and true performer...in the Burlesque tradition.

I'd like to see her do something Confessions-ish but focusing on Italian-American Italian culture, bring in some guido culture, a little bit mafia stuff, old world new world Italian expression

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/13/18 2:21am

robertgeorge

I always end up negatively in these threads about her.

I will be positive. A genuine star for her debut, determined and ruthless to reach the top. A clutch of mesmeric pop songs and videos, and MTV appearances early on. Like a Prayer, Erotica, Bedtime Story, some wonderful music and complete albums in her post supernova period. Somebody that sought out other stars (Prince, Basquiat, Warren Beatty, Andy Warhol) and somebody that had a variety of interests. She used her talent to the max.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/13/18 2:24am

robertgeorge

OldFriends4Sale said:

closest to Madonna Italian mafia connection past love Chris Paciello (Bonanno Family)

That guy she has an almost femenine handsome beauty, but his eyes are cold and dead like a sharks.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > The Madonna thread.