independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 20th Aug 2018 2:15pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Christina Aguilera Returns With New Album, Liberation
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/03/18 11:33am

Identity

Christina Aguilera Returns With New Album, Liberation



tvwEd8i.jpg?1

05/2018


Christina Aguilera's new album, Liberation, will arrive June 15.
A new track, "Accelerate", has just been released, along with a music video. If you pre-order the album, you'll get the song as a free download instantly.

Liberation is Aguilera's first album since 2012's Lotus.


Here's the track listing for Liberation:


01. "Liberation"
02. "Searching For Maria"
03. "Maria"
04. "Sick Of Sittin’"
05. "Dreamers"
06. "Fall In Line"
07. "ight Moves"
08. "Like I Do"
09. "Deserve"
10. "Twice"
11. "I Don’t Need It Anymore" (Interlude)
12. "Accelerate"
13. "Pipe"
14. "Masochist"
15. "Unless It’s With You"




https://is.gd/u1XRME

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/03/18 11:35am

Identity

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/03/18 2:05pm

dancerella

Identity said:



tvwEd8i.jpg?1

05/2018


Christina Aguilera's new album, Liberation, will arrive June 15.
A new track, "Accelerate", has just been released, along with a music video. If you pre-order the album, you'll get the song as a free download instantly.

Liberation is Aguilera's first album since 2012's Lotus.



Here's the track listing for Liberation:



01. "Liberation"
02. "Searching For Maria"
03. "Maria"
04. "Sick Of Sittin’"
05. "Dreamers"
06. "Fall In Line"
07. "ight Moves"
08. "Like I Do"
09. "Deserve"
10. "Twice"
11. "I Don’t Need It Anymore" (Interlude)
12. "Accelerate"
13. "Pipe"
14. "Masochist"
15. "Unless It’s With You"





https://is.gd/u1XRME




Wow this is great news! Love her and curious to see what direction she goes in musicaly.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/03/18 2:10pm

TrivialPursuit

Isn't all of her records some "liberating, stripped down real me" sort of schtick? The song is something we've heard on the radio for the past 5 years. The verse melody has been done by every R&B artist out there, and the inclusion of whoever the male voice is sounds like the latest rapper-d'jour. The rap in the middle is boring. The biting high hat, the syncopated and gasping-for-air delivery could be any hip-hop song on any record on Spotify right now.

I hate to see a good talent like Aguilera go so far off the rails in her music as she did from Bionic, and Lotus and now this. Back To Basics was her last focused and well-written record. Couple that with her denial of even knowing who Lady Gaga is (another copycat, IMO) and blatantly copying her and Madonna in videos, fashion, and approach to music, and she just comes off as desperate to be relevant in a culture where maybe she isn't any of that anymore. Hell, how much do most of us love Jill Scott but where the fuck is she in today's climate? Sure I'd love to hear better music on radio - and lately there are, arguably, a few better songs coming out that are truly solid material - but this is only going to muddle her down with the top-ten-for-a-week-on-itunes crowd, not set her above it.

I thought she would be another Whitney type with the big voice, the great songs and building of a catalog, maybe a couple of decent movies, and so on. (I know, no one matches Whitney, but you get my point.) Ultimately all she's ever really done in the last decade is just be the diva without the substance to back it up.

C.A'.s biggest problem is she never really learned to write. She has always said, "I want producers to bring me stuff, give me what you have". Anyone can sit down and come up with a melody or hear something in their head that they want on record, specifically musicians and singers. She seems to depend too much on others to make her shine. It feels lazy.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/03/18 2:42pm

SoulAlive

the single is terrible barf it's a shame because Christina is a fantastic singer.She just needs stronger,better material.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/03/18 3:09pm

Cinny

avatar

I LIKE IT, but it doesn't really showcase her vocals, and that's what people really want. I kinda think this is what RCA Records wants. [Insert Mariah arguments here]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/03/18 3:10pm

Cinny

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

C.A'.s biggest problem is she never really learned to write. She has always said, "I want producers to bring me stuff, give me what you have". Anyone can sit down and come up with a melody or hear something in their head that they want on record, specifically musicians and singers. She seems to depend too much on others to make her shine. It feels lazy.


I think I saw some REGGAE SINGERS on her tracklist. Her albums are usually more interesting as a whole, IMO.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/03/18 8:46pm

SoulAlive

for what it’s worth,this new single was produced by Kanye West
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/03/18 10:26pm

TrivialPursuit

SoulAlive said:

for what it’s worth,this new single was produced by Kanye West


This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/03/18 10:30pm

SoulAlive

lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/03/18 10:31pm

FullLipsDotNos
e

avatar

I hope she'll return to Stripped and Back to Basics. I didn't like her last two albums.

full lips, freckles, and upturned nose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/04/18 1:30am

214

Stripped and Back To Basics are her best material, I don't know about the first single but that cover is beautiful.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/04/18 7:12am

LightOfArt

214 said:

Stripped and Back To Basics are her best material, I don't know about the first single but that cover is beautiful.

nod

I don't think she will ever match those. She has released 3 turds in a row now. Or 2. I dont know about Liberation yet but the first single is not promising at all lol

Oh and apparently one of the songs - Maria - produced by Kanye, features a Michael Jackson sample.

"Kanye West produced two tracks for @xtina’s upcoming album #Liberation including “Maria,” a pulsing, intricately orchestrated piece that includes a Michael Jackson sample and an extended introduction in which Aguilera sings from The Sound of Music. (via @billboard)"

I'm guessing the track will feature vocals from MJ's "Maria" on the "Got To Be There" Motown solo album.

Just speculating smile

[Edited 5/4/18 7:14am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/04/18 9:16am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

nah, dis porn?

"My motherfucker's so cool sheep count him."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/04/18 1:28pm

Cinny

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

SoulAlive said:

for what it’s worth,this new single was produced by Kanye West


lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/04/18 1:32pm

thedoorkeeper

Great voice but she has horrible taste in song choices.
And Maria sounds like it will be terrible with music from The Sound of Music.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/04/18 4:10pm

Missmusicluver
72

214 said:

Stripped and Back To Basics are her best material, I don't know about the first single but that cover is beautiful.

Agreed! Loved those albums because I thought they really showcased her talent and didn't rely so much on sounding like everything else that is on the radio. The issue too in mainstream pop nowdays, way too much sound alike synth crap and like someone else already mentioned, insert yet another rapper in the middle, yawn! Same ole boring mess and the voices get so muffled and she, Mariah, Demi Lovato and Arianna Grande for example, actually have the raw vocal talent and don't need all the "extra" noise in the background or let alone, auto tune. I am a little underwhelmed by her first single here because I feel like I have heard it all before.

[Edited 5/4/18 16:11pm]

[Edited 5/4/18 16:13pm]

Love is God, God is love, girls and boys love God above.
RIP Sweet Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/04/18 4:43pm

StrangeButTrue

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

nah, dis porn?


.
idk but my ears feel violated - a new exhibit a for why every pop song doesn't need a guest rapper. Who is the market for this? It sounds like a Black Eyed Peas song. lol
[Edited 5/4/18 16:44pm]
if it was just a dream, call me a dreamer 2
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/04/18 5:13pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

StrangeButTrue said:

2freaky4church1 said:

nah, dis porn?

. idk but my ears feel violated - a new exhibit a for why every pop song doesn't need a guest rapper. Who is the market for this? It sounds like a Black Eyed Peas song. lol [Edited 5/4/18 16:44pm]

Related image

Don't believe what you hear
Don't believe what you see...
I know that the tide is turning 'round
So don't let the bastards grind you down!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/04/18 11:58pm

214

It's not that bad actuakky, but nothing remarkable. It won't make any impact on the charts whatsoever.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/05/18 6:38am

Missmusicluver
72

StrangeButTrue said:

2freaky4church1 said:

nah, dis porn?

. idk but my ears feel violated - a new exhibit a for why every pop song doesn't need a guest rapper. Who is the market for this? It sounds like a Black Eyed Peas song. lol [Edited 5/4/18 16:44pm]

Also the same can be said for R&b. Sadly all this sound-alike stuff is what is selling now. I don't get it. I like uniqueness when I listen to different artists. I think this is why the quality of mainstream music has gone downhill. It is all about what is popular and what sells no matter what it sounds like.

On another note, I really like Christina's self titled debut album too. Ironically though she didn't want to be looked at as another generic pop princess so that is why she came out next with Stripped. Now it seems she is just gone back to following the trends.

[Edited 5/5/18 6:41am]

Love is God, God is love, girls and boys love God above.
RIP Sweet Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/05/18 12:26pm

luvsexy4all

like her without all that atrocious make-up

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/05/18 2:15pm

Hudson

avatar

The song is really only 3 minutes long, the last minute is just do do dos that go on way too long, and the rap feels like a whole minute. It feels like a rip off because I like what little song you actually get.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/05/18 8:33pm

whitechocolate
brotha

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

Isn't all of her records some "liberating, stripped down real me" sort of schtick? The song is something we've heard on the radio for the past 5 years. The verse melody has been done by every R&B artist out there, and the inclusion of whoever the male voice is sounds like the latest rapper-d'jour. The rap in the middle is boring. The biting high hat, the syncopated and gasping-for-air delivery could be any hip-hop song on any record on Spotify right now.

I hate to see a good talent like Aguilera go so far off the rails in her music as she did from Bionic, and Lotus and now this. Back To Basics was her last focused and well-written record. Couple that with her denial of even knowing who Lady Gaga is (another copycat, IMO) and blatantly copying her and Madonna in videos, fashion, and approach to music, and she just comes off as desperate to be relevant in a culture where maybe she isn't any of that anymore. Hell, how much do most of us love Jill Scott but where the fuck is she in today's climate? Sure I'd love to hear better music on radio - and lately there are, arguably, a few better songs coming out that are truly solid material - but this is only going to muddle her down with the top-ten-for-a-week-on-itunes crowd, not set her above it.

I thought she would be another Whitney type with the big voice, the great songs and building of a catalog, maybe a couple of decent movies, and so on. (I know, no one matches Whitney, but you get my point.) Ultimately all she's ever really done in the last decade is just be the diva without the substance to back it up.

C.A'.s biggest problem is she never really learned to write. She has always said, "I want producers to bring me stuff, give me what you have". Anyone can sit down and come up with a melody or hear something in their head that they want on record, specifically musicians and singers. She seems to depend too much on others to make her shine. It feels lazy.

Could't agree more. The single sucks too. sad

Hungry? Just look in the mirror and get fed up.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/06/18 10:46pm

SoulAlive

thedoorkeeper said:

Great voice but she has horrible taste in song choices.

Artists need to speak up more.When someone hands them a terrible track,they need to say "Hell no...I ain't singing that piece of crap!" lol They need to be more selective,maybe listen to dozens of demos if necessary.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/07/18 11:22am

Cinny

avatar

Someone pointed out "Accelerate" sounds like Rihanna in style. I doubt very much the rest of the album is like this, and the single seems to be everywhere this week.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/07/18 12:09pm

ginusher

avatar

.

I love Christina, but I'm not feeling the single at all. I remember being underwhelmed by Bionic, and Lotus went completely under my radar-- I'll give that a listen later on.

.

But I hope the new album as a whole will be a bit more exciting than this single.

.

I don't want your rhythm without your rhyme
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/07/18 8:01pm

TrivialPursuit



She's copying Beyonce's visual album and monologue approach to music. Again, unoriginal. Wait - she'll get called out for it, then say it was an "homage" or "tribute".

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/08/18 7:49am

Cinny

avatar

I basically skipped over Bionic but I liked Lotus. I heard a song from it the other day and didn't know what album it was on, so I know it has been ages. She really needed to put something new out.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/09/18 8:52am

LightOfArt

TrivialPursuit said:



She's copying Beyonce's visual album and monologue approach to music. Again, unoriginal. Wait - she'll get called out for it, then say it was an "homage" or "tribute".

homage or tribute to Beyonce?? She has too much of an ego to ever say such a thing lol

Also Christina is a much better artist than Beyonce. IMO. Much better music, and much better singer.

And also Lana del Rey has done the visual album/monolgue thing before Beyonce (look Tropico and before that "Ride")

And before all of them Michael Jackson did an almost feature film called "Ghosts" using tracks from Blood On The Dance Floor and HIStory

[Edited 5/9/18 9:05am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Christina Aguilera Returns With New Album, Liberation