independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 21st Nov 2017 4:00am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Alexa, do you like Prince? (Amazon Echo Devices)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/12/17 12:13pm

heymistermusic

avatar

Alexa, do you like Prince? (Amazon Echo Devices)

I noticed a thread was started in April of this year:

http://prince.org/msg/7/441362

I just wanted to say I stumbled across another one: "Alexa, do you like Prince?"

I tried it with several other artists, and was always hit with the same reply: "I don't have an opinion on that."

I tried Michael Jackson, Beatles, Madonna, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift... and couldn't get an answer like I did when I asked about PRINCE.


That made me love my echo device even more. mushy If you own one of these, give it a try, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! touched


557851-echo-devices.png?thumb=y&width=810&height=456

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/12/17 12:16pm

purplerabbitho
le

Just tell us what echo said. I don't own an echo.

heymistermusic said:

I noticed a thread was started in April of this year:

http://prince.org/msg/7/441362

I just wanted to say I stumbled across another one: "Alexa, do you like Prince?"

I tried it with several other artists, and was always hit with the same reply: "I don't have an opinion on that."

I tried Michael Jackson, Beatles, Madonna, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift... and couldn't get an answer like I did when I asked about PRINCE.


That made me love my echo device even more. mushy If you own one of these, give it a try, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! touched


557851-echo-devices.png?thumb=y&width=810&height=456

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/12/17 12:49pm

TheEnglishGent

avatar

I don't own an echo device.

RIP sad
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/12/17 1:08pm

CatP

OMG just tried this, it's fab, my other half whos an MJ fan canโ€™t believe it works only for Prince! ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ I knew above about saying Letโ€™s go crazy to Alexa but not this, thanks!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/12/17 1:23pm

lucylula

CatP said:

OMG just tried this, it's fab, my other half whos an MJ fan canโ€™t believe it works only for Prince! ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ I knew above about saying Letโ€™s go crazy to Alexa but not this, thanks!

But what does she actually say?.....
biggrin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/12/17 1:43pm

CatP

She says something along the lines of Starfish and Coffee is her favourite but there are many more ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/13/17 1:08am

deebee

avatar

"That skinny motherfucker with the high voice??"

"Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/13/17 4:50am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

deebee said:

"That skinny motherfucker with the high voice??"

lol

Find strength in that which remains...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/13/17 9:13am

Identity

I gave it a try and here's what happened.


"Alexa, do you like Prince's music?", I asked of my Fire tablet with built-in Alexa voice service.

Response: "I don't have an opinion on that". Hmmmmm.


"Alexa, do you like Prince?", a slightly altered version of the question.


Response: "I am a big fan. Starfish and Coffee is one of my favorite songs of his, although there are many others."

โšซ Fear no evil.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/13/17 11:38am

heymistermusic

avatar

Thank you Identity, don't you just melt a lil when you hear that response? It's so awesome! fallinluv


Identity said:

I gave it a try and here's what happened.


"Alexa, do you like Prince's music?", I asked of my Fire tablet with built-in Alexa voice service.

Response: "I don't have an opinion on that". Hmmmmm.


"Alexa, do you like Prince?", a slightly altered version of the question.


Response: "I am a big fan. Starfish and Coffee is one of my favorite songs of his, although there are many others."

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/13/17 6:24pm

HandclapsTheTh
ird

deebee said:

"That skinny motherfucker with the high voice??"

would there be any way you could program alexa to recite that whole "bob george" bit from that point? evillol

TO TASHA. LOVE GOD, PIZZA rainbow
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/14/17 2:57pm

heymistermusic

avatar

I heard a new one! dancing jig

"Alexa, let's party like it's 1999!"

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/16/17 7:26am

deebee

avatar

HandclapsTheThird said:

deebee said:

"That skinny motherfucker with the high voice??"

would there be any way you could program alexa to recite that whole "bob george" bit from that point? evillol

I'd be tempted to buy one if it could. lol

"Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/17/17 12:31pm

Strive

She also had a special message on the day Prince died.

I'm sad because one of my favorite musicians, Prince, passed away. If I could, I would thank him for a funky time.

no yesterday or tomorrow, no better remedy for sorrow
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Alexa, do you like Prince? (Amazon Echo Devices)