independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 20th Sep 2017 6:32pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Wham - Careless Whisper (Extended Mix)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/09/17 2:39am

rap

Wham - Careless Whisper (Extended Mix)

Fan version, or official?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/09/17 3:10am

rap

10:59 version

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/09/17 5:36am

anc282

[Edited 9/9/17 5:43am]

[Edited 9/9/17 16:08pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/09/17 9:32am

TrivialPursuit

rap said:

Fan version, or official?


It only takes a quick search to find your answer. Probably faster than posting on the Org. The longest version is 6:31.

"Despite everything, no 1 can dictate who u r 2 other people." - Prince |
http://bit.ly/unboxingprince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/09/17 4:22pm

rap

TrivialPursuit said:

rap said:

Fan version, or official?


It only takes a quick search to find your answer. Probably faster than posting on the Org. The longest version is 6:31.

Thanks for that.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/09/17 8:49pm

TrivialPursuit

rap said:

TrivialPursuit said:


It only takes a quick search to find your answer. Probably faster than posting on the Org. The longest version is 6:31.

Thanks for that.


And let me say, I wish there was a very cool longer version of it. It's such a great track. Oddly the "Extended Mix" on the UK 12" is the same version as the Make It Big album. Just over 6 minutes.

"Despite everything, no 1 can dictate who u r 2 other people." - Prince |
http://bit.ly/unboxingprince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/09/17 9:01pm

MickyDolenz

TrivialPursuit said:

And let me say, I wish there was a very cool longer version of it. It's such a great track. Oddly the "Extended Mix" on the UK 12" is the same version as the Make It Big album. Just over 6 minutes.

There's a version released only in Japan on a maxi single, but it's shorter than the album version.


It's called show business for a reason. It’s 90% business and 10% show. If you don’t know your business, you’re in trouble! ~ Johnnie Taylor
Each generation has their music that they fall in love with, that makes it special to them ~ Ralph Tresvant
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/09/17 11:34pm

AlexdeParis

avatar

MickyDolenz said:



TrivialPursuit said:


And let me say, I wish there was a very cool longer version of it. It's such a great track. Oddly the "Extended Mix" on the UK 12" is the same version as the Make It Big album. Just over 6 minutes.



There's a version released only in Japan on a maxi single, but it's shorter than the album version.




That's the original version that was produced by Jerry Wexler.
"Whitney was purely and simply one of a kind." ~ Clive Davis
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/10/17 9:40am

TrivialPursuit

AlexdeParis said:

MickyDolenz said:

There's a version released only in Japan on a maxi single, but it's shorter than the album version.


That's the original version that was produced by Jerry Wexler.


Yep. I'm surprised they put that out at all, because they totally redid the song after Wexler had a go at it. I'm glad they did.

"Despite everything, no 1 can dictate who u r 2 other people." - Prince |
http://bit.ly/unboxingprince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/10/17 5:43pm

AlexdeParis

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:



AlexdeParis said:


MickyDolenz said:


There's a version released only in Japan on a maxi single, but it's shorter than the album version.





That's the original version that was produced by Jerry Wexler.


Yep. I'm surprised they put that out at all, because they totally redid the song after Wexler had a go at it. I'm glad they did.


Even a man who had accomplished as much as Wexler couldn't bring out the best in that song like George could. It's a good lesson in an artist trusting himself and his vision.
"Whitney was purely and simply one of a kind." ~ Clive Davis
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/11/17 6:00pm

rap

TrivialPursuit said:

rap said:

Thanks for that.


And let me say, I wish there was a very cool longer version of it. It's such a great track. Oddly the "Extended Mix" on the UK 12" is the same version as the Make It Big album. Just over 6 minutes.

Me too. It is. Obviously, I was listening to a fan mix.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Wham - Careless Whisper (Extended Mix)