independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 19th Oct 2017 4:00am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Have the Granys snubbed Latoya?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/07/17 10:11am

ML2016

Have the Granys snubbed Latoya?

Have they? Cause, you know, it's weird how Toy doesn't have any Grany. I think she has been screwed out of Granys. What do y'all think? Should Latoya have more Granys than she does? We all love Granys, be it for the entertainment they provide us be it for the merit we recognize in them. All of these qualities apply to Toy so I don't know y'all. I don't know...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/07/17 10:13am

2045RadicalMat
tZ

Grannies?

I'm confused...

And Toya.... LaToya?

U mean, the one without the talent?


The only thing snubbed, is her nose.

"Damn Dolores, pick another subject, please...introduce the carpet to something other than your knees...."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/07/17 10:17am

ML2016

2045RadicalMattZ said:

Grannies?

I'm confused...

And Toya.... LaToya?

U mean, the one without the talent?


The only thing snubbed, is her nose.

Yeah I'm speaking about Latoya. YOU HAVE A PROBLEM?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/07/17 10:19am

MickyDolenz

It's called show business for a reason. It’s 90% business and 10% show. If you don’t know your business, you’re in trouble! ~ Johnnie Taylor
Each generation has their music that they fall in love with, that makes it special to them ~ Ralph Tresvant
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/07/17 10:23am

ML2016

2045RadicalMattZ said:

Grannies?

I'm confused...

And Toya.... LaToya?

U mean, the one without the talent?


The only thing snubbed, is her nose.

I'M JUST GONNA SAY THIS ONCE LATOYA WAS NEVER THE ONE WITHOUT THE TALENT THAT WAS FATJAN HER LITTLE BUT OVERWEIGHT SIS CAUSE TOYA WAS ALWAYS ON THE RECORDING STUDIO RECORDING HITS THAT WE ALL KNOW LOVE AND CHERISH. I THINK LATOYA ISN'T RECOGNIZED AS A TALENT BECAUSE OF THE EVIL JACK GORDON WHO THREATENED TO KILL HER AND MICHAEL AND TITO YOU KNOW

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/07/17 10:49am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Image result for granny beverly hillbillies gif

You can walk a mile in my shoes. But you can't dance a step in my feet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/07/17 11:36am

2045RadicalMat
tZ

ML2016 said:

2045RadicalMattZ said:

Grannies?

I'm confused...

And Toya.... LaToya?

U mean, the one without the talent?


The only thing snubbed, is her nose.

Yeah I'm speaking about Latoya. YOU HAVE A PROBLEM?

I love bad bitches, that's my fuckin problem

And yeah I like to fuck I got a fuckin problem

....But for real... I'm still confused with the Granny businesss... Unless you mean the Grammys.

And if so, wouldn't you have to be a contributor to music? successful as a recording artist at some point?.....unless she's got an audio book I don't know about, then I fail to see why she'd be recognized by the Recording industry

"Damn Dolores, pick another subject, please...introduce the carpet to something other than your knees...."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/07/17 12:03pm

nammie

avatar

Wait didn't Toya do a cover of Private Joy?? She at least deserved a Grany nomination for that hammer lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/07/17 12:05pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Image result for beverly hillbillies animated gif

You can walk a mile in my shoes. But you can't dance a step in my feet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/07/17 12:59pm

MickyDolenz

purplethunder3121 said:

Image result for beverly hillbillies animated gif

https://68.media.tumblr.com/854e65ff806c8a9d674d71d2b8a0081c/tumblr_mxk4mhe9ti1smwzhao1_400.gif

It's called show business for a reason. It’s 90% business and 10% show. If you don’t know your business, you’re in trouble! ~ Johnnie Taylor
Each generation has their music that they fall in love with, that makes it special to them ~ Ralph Tresvant
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/07/17 1:05pm

MickyDolenz

purplethunder3121 said:

Image result for granny beverly hillbillies gif

https://68.media.tumblr.com/c0e2e04ae831c0858eef97102a71bc8d/tumblr_nj9jek2kHx1tjvegro1_400.gif

It's called show business for a reason. It’s 90% business and 10% show. If you don’t know your business, you’re in trouble! ~ Johnnie Taylor
Each generation has their music that they fall in love with, that makes it special to them ~ Ralph Tresvant
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/07/17 1:56pm

paisleypark4

avatar

bored

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/07/17 3:21pm

ML2016

paisleypark4 said:

bored


Say that to ma face! Com'on. Say that to ma face.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/07/17 3:44pm

paisleypark4

avatar

ML2016 said:

paisleypark4 said:

bored

Say that to ma face! Com'on. Say that to ma face.

Image result for latoya gif

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/08/17 7:16am

2045RadicalMat
tZ

I still don't follow...does this imply that granny Jackson or Granny Scruse had something to do with the surgeries?
"Damn Dolores, pick another subject, please...introduce the carpet to something other than your knees...."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/08/17 8:47am

ML2016

2045RadicalMattZ said:

I still don't follow...does this imply that granny Jackson or Granny Scruse had something to do with the surgeries?

You trollin'?

I'm obviously talking about the awards, the granys (or grannys if you don't forgive typos).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/08/17 9:50am

Empress

Wow, someone should focus more on learning how to spell and proper grammar before entertaining the idea of Latoya winning a Grammy. That in itself is laughable. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/08/17 10:14am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

ML2016 said:

2045RadicalMattZ said:

I still don't follow...does this imply that granny Jackson or Granny Scruse had something to do with the surgeries?

You trollin'?

I'm obviously talking about the awards, the granys (or grannys if you don't forgive typos).

Image result for gang of grannies attack gif

You can walk a mile in my shoes. But you can't dance a step in my feet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/08/17 11:54am

MickyDolenz

ML2016 said:

the granys (or grannys)

https://68.media.tumblr.com/448f49c0c99155488d4565ffffb96c6c/tumblr_o2sr1r3JCJ1ssfq42o1_500.gifhttps://68.media.tumblr.com/482cfbdb841c32861dbbc4589722c5d0/tumblr_oudowcOw7t1rw606ko1_r1_500.gif

https://68.media.tumblr.com/0223752a43f5db6e1161d35049acca21/tumblr_okvwpvBSUV1u501aoo1_400.gifhttps://68.media.tumblr.com/0f6330cfe7689a32ac8a99d027fcbc1d/tumblr_mus9vvMdrO1sthnh6o2_400.gif

It's called show business for a reason. It’s 90% business and 10% show. If you don’t know your business, you’re in trouble! ~ Johnnie Taylor
Each generation has their music that they fall in love with, that makes it special to them ~ Ralph Tresvant
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/08/17 12:02pm

babynoz

LOL @ the granny gifs. lol

People need to put the damn sizzurp down, damn! lol

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/09/17 1:51am

ML2016

Empress said:

Wow, someone should focus more on learning how to spell and proper grammar before entertaining the idea of Latoya winning a Grammy. That in itself is laughable. lol

OKay, ENOUGH! ENOUGH with this ridiculous Toy bashing. I've been a Toy soldier for 3 years now and I've never seen such ninguneo, such denial. Latoya has multiple hits: "If you feel the funk", "You're gonna get rocked" and "Like I do" are great examples of that. In fact, "If you feel the funk" hit #37 on the Dutch Charts and #3 in Tanzania.

Besides, I always wondered why Latoya seemed to shy away from the public. She would hide which was good while she produced hits because it allowed for the songs to take centre stage, it allowed for the music to speak. But it always caused me surprise, how she would not promote herself, how she disappeared from the public eye with such a great track record. I think I've found the answer to that. It took me 4 months to get there but now I think I've found the cat. I think Latoya suffered from keloids (KEE-LOYDS) for a long time. I'd like to keep this here, I don't want the press to be all over these news and, so, I've always been very low-key about this. I'd like it to remain this way so don't go all over the internet about this. Don't post it on your twitter or facebook please. I'll make a thread about this one day but the org is not ready for that day just yet.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/09/17 3:47am

ThePanther

avatar

ML2016 said:

Besides, I always wondered why Latoya seemed to shy away from the public.


Because she has no discernible talent?

Just a guess...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 08/09/17 3:52am

Hudson

avatar

She ain't got no granys! She ain't got no granys! She ain't got no granys!


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 08/09/17 7:33am

ML2016

ThePanther said:

ML2016 said:

Besides, I always wondered why Latoya seemed to shy away from the public.


Because she has no discernible talent?

Just a guess...

eek

I hope you fart- loudly- on your wedding day and feel it on your knee.

PS- Mods I'm just joking. I don't really wish ThePanther farts on his wedding day...I actually hope he fully shits himself. Ain't no jokin' with Toy and her Toy Soldiers Shawtaaaaay.

[Edited 8/9/17 7:47am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 08/09/17 8:13am

ML2016

ML2016 said:

ThePanther said:


Because she has no discernible talent?

Just a guess...

eek

I hope you fart- loudly- on your wedding day and feel it on your knee.

PS- Mods I'm just joking. I don't really wish ThePanther farts on his wedding day...I actually hope he fully shits himself. Ain't no jokin' with Toy and her Toy Soldiers Shawtaaaaay.

[Edited 8/9/17 7:47am]

ThePanther, I'm just messing with you. It's all in good spirits. hug

[Edited 8/9/17 8:15am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 08/09/17 9:10am

2045RadicalMat
tZ

Tanzania?.... (if it's still even called that)... Netherlands?


Those are NOT places in the USA... The GRAMMYS are traditionally celebrating US chart accomplishments. Sure the occassional "world" artist will get some admiration, some achievement recognition... but all in all, it's just a parade to celebrate and promote song catalogues and cheap novelty groups (now, at least)

Maybe LaToya will one day get the GRANNY award for "You Tried Your Best, Chile, Ain't No Need To Keep Wonderin"


Or the "Powder and Paint, to make what dey Ain't" award


or maybe the "Like A Penny Waiting For Change" VANGUARD GRANNY AWARD.



I sometimes forget the GRANNY categories....

Anybody care to help me out???

It's been a while since I watched the GRANNYS

"Damn Dolores, pick another subject, please...introduce the carpet to something other than your knees...."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 08/09/17 9:21am

ML2016

2045RadicalMattZ said:

Tanzania?.... (if it's still even called that)... Netherlands?


Those are NOT places in the USA... The GRAMMYS are traditionally celebrating US chart accomplishments. Sure the occassional "world" artist will get some admiration, some achievement recognition... but all in all, it's just a parade to celebrate and promote song catalogues and cheap novelty groups (now, at least)

Maybe LaToya will one day get the GRANNY award for "You Tried Your Best, Chile, Ain't No Need To Keep Wonderin"


Or the "Powder and Paint, to make what dey Ain't" award


or maybe the "Like A Penny Waiting For Change" VANGUARD GRANNY AWARD.



I sometimes forget the GRANNY categories....

Anybody care to help me out???

It's been a while since I watched the GRANNYS

Granny for "Best alter-ego", for Latoya's work as Michael Jackson.

Granny for "Avant Garde Act", for her part in women's emancipation in the industry.

Granny for "Best Video", for her hit "You're gonna get rocked".

Granny for "Best Female Musical Act In The Jackson Family, Eat This FatJan".

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 08/09/17 9:29am

2045RadicalMat
tZ

^.....We are talking about LaToya Jackson, right?


You sure you're not possibly spelling Rebbie Jackson or Wanda Jackson incorrectly???? eek

"Damn Dolores, pick another subject, please...introduce the carpet to something other than your knees...."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 08/09/17 9:38am

ML2016

2045RadicalMattZ said:

^.....We are talking about LaToya Jackson, right?


You sure you're not possibly spelling Rebbie Jackson or Wanda Jackson incorrectly???? eek

Which award do you think was incorrectly awarded to the point you don't think it applies to Toy Toy?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 08/09/17 10:12am

luvsexy4all

best turn of a thread in awhile.....grannies...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Have the Granys snubbed Latoya?