independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 26th Jul 2017 3:31pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Is Man in the mirror, the worst film ever made?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 04/20/17 7:16pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Scorp said:

everything starts w/the source itself........

this type of movie never would have been made or needed to be made when this really meant something.....

never would have been doing during the years of OTW or Thriller....

Image result for michael jackson popcorn

nothing's forbidden... and nothing's taboo.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 04/20/17 7:39pm

alphastreet

I can't feel my face should have been written for him.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 04/20/17 7:52pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Image result for flex alexander michael jackson

nothing's forbidden... and nothing's taboo.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 04/20/17 8:06pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

No......but its is a pile of doody whofarted

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 04/20/17 8:20pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Goddess4Real said:

No......but its is a pile of doody whofarted

Never saw the movie but those Flex as MJ pictures crack me up. nuts lol

nothing's forbidden... and nothing's taboo.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 04/20/17 10:38pm

dancerella

purplethunder3121 said:



Goddess4Real said:


No.....but its is a pile of doody whofarted



Never saw the movie but those Flex as MJ pictures crack me up. nuts lol


His look alone, would lead you to believe it's a comedy and it's not.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 04/20/17 10:40pm

dancerella

purplethunder3121 said:



LittleBLUECorvette said:


Flex is just starting to get work again.

lol




Yo it's taken Flex about 17 years to recover from that mess of a role. Poor guy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 04/21/17 12:44am

LittleBLUECorv
ette

avatar

dancerella said:

purplethunder3121 said:



LittleBLUECorvette said:


Flex is just starting to get work again.

lol




Yo it's taken Flex about 17 years to recover from that mess of a role. Poor guy.

He was un a Best Buy commercial last year.

One in One was cancled right after the movie came out. Snakes On The Plane came out but was already done by the time the MJ movie hit the screen.

He even had to go back to stand up, smh.
PRINCE: Always and Forever
MICHAEL JACKSON: Always and Forever
-----
Live Your Life How U Wanna Live It
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 04/21/17 1:37pm

MickyDolenz

LittleBLUECorvette said:

One in One was cancled right after the movie came out.

When they start adding extra people, it's usually a sign that a TV show is about to go anyway. Like:

.

Keith on Good Times

Big & Little Earl on What's Happening!!!

Maggie & Sam on Diff'rent Strokes

Stockwell & Frankie on The A-Team

RC3 on Knight Rider

Travis & Dylan on 227

Roger on Happy Days

Claire's cousin Pam & her friends on The Cosby Show

Three's Company turning into Three's A Crowd


It's called show business for a reason. It’s 90% business and 10% show. If you don’t know your business, you’re in trouble! ~ Johnnie Taylor
Each generation has their music that they fall in love with, that makes it special to them ~ Ralph Tresvant
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 04/21/17 2:05pm

SPYZFAN1

Don't forget "Oliver" on "The Brady Bunch" and Leonardo DeCaprio on "Growing Pains"....I landed on "Man In The Mirror" one night while channel surfing. For a few seconds I thought I was watching an outtake from "In Living Colour".

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 04/21/17 3:08pm

dancerella

MickyDolenz said:



LittleBLUECorvette said:


One in One was cancled right after the movie came out.

When they start adding extra people, it's usually a sign that a TV show is about to go anyway. Like:


.


Keith on Good Times


Big & Little Earl on What's Happening!!!


Maggie & Sam on Diff'rent Strokes


Stockwell & Frankie on The A-Team


RC3 on Knight Rider


Travis & Dylan on 227


Roger on Happy Days


Claire's cousin Pam & her friends on The Cosby Show


Three's Company turning into Three's A Crowd






Your tv viewing is just as dated as mine lol. I cant name one tv character after the mid 90s. Martin is the last "current" tv show I watched.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 04/21/17 4:22pm

214

I watched this shit back in the day. Awful beyond words. One of the most waful things i have seen in my life.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 04/21/17 5:13pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

lol

paisleypark4 said:

http://prince.org/msg/8/102794?pr

i even started the thread there were some FUNNY pictures especially Joe jackson

"holding grudges and anger is a waste of energy, We are all going to die. We are all evolving, trying to become better people, so let it go.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 04/21/17 5:18pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

cool YES


MickyDolenz said:

LittleBLUECorvette said:

One in One was cancled right after the movie came out.

When they start adding extra people, it's usually a sign that a TV show is about to go anyway. Like:

.

Keith on Good Times

Big & Little Earl on What's Happening!!!

Maggie & Sam on Diff'rent Strokes

Stockwell & Frankie on The A-Team

RC3 on Knight Rider

Travis & Dylan on 227

Roger on Happy Days

Claire's cousin Pam & her friends on The Cosby Show

Three's Company turning into Three's A Crowd


[Edited 4/21/17 17:29pm]

"holding grudges and anger is a waste of energy, We are all going to die. We are all evolving, trying to become better people, so let it go.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 04/21/17 5:45pm

LittleBLUECorv
ette

avatar

dancerella said:

MickyDolenz said:



LittleBLUECorvette said:


One in One was cancled right after the movie came out.

When they start adding extra people, it's usually a sign that a TV show is about to go anyway. Like:


.


Keith on Good Times


Big & Little Earl on What's Happening!!!


Maggie & Sam on Diff'rent Strokes


Stockwell & Frankie on The A-Team


RC3 on Knight Rider


Travis & Dylan on 227


Roger on Happy Days


Claire's cousin Pam & her friends on The Cosby Show


Three's Company turning into Three's A Crowd






Your tv viewing is just as dated as mine lol. I cant name one tv character after the mid 90s. Martin is the last "current" tv show I watched.

You didnt watch Bernie Mac Show, My wife and Kids, Everybody Hates Chris or Chappelle Show?
PRINCE: Always and Forever
MICHAEL JACKSON: Always and Forever
-----
Live Your Life How U Wanna Live It
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 04/21/17 5:50pm

SoulAlive

the last "current" TV show that I liked was 'The King Of Queens' smile nowadays I barely watch any TV.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 04/21/17 6:04pm

dancerella

LittleBLUECorvette said:

dancerella said:




Your tv viewing is just as dated as mine lol. I cant name one tv character after the mid 90s. Martin is the last "current" tv show I watched.

You didnt watch Bernie Mac Show, My wife and Kids, Everybody Hates Chris or Chappelle Show?



I've seen about 3 episodes of Chapelle Show. Never saw the others you mentioned.
I've seen Fresh off the boat a few times which is funny actually.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 04/21/17 6:06pm

dancerella

214 said:

I watched this shit back in the day. Awful beyond words. One of the most waful things i have seen in my life.




See what I mean? This is why it needed a thread. How could we let them get away with it without a good roasting. wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 04/21/17 6:09pm

dancerella

Man in the mirror makes Howard the duck look like Gone with the wind!
[Edited 4/21/17 18:17pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 04/21/17 6:21pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

paisleypark4 said:

http://prince.org/msg/8/102794?pr

dancerella said:

214 said:

I watched this shit back in the day. Awful beyond words. One of the most waful things i have seen in my life.

See what I mean? This is why it needed a thread. How could we let them get away with it without a good roasting. wink

"holding grudges and anger is a waste of energy, We are all going to die. We are all evolving, trying to become better people, so let it go.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 04/21/17 6:28pm

MickyDolenz

dancerella said:

Your tv viewing is just as dated as mine lol. I cant name one tv character after the mid 90s. Martin is the last "current" tv show I watched.

The last new shows I watched regularly was Extreme Makeover Home Edition & Desperate Housewives. I watched the 1st season of Grey's Anatomy, but I lost interest. I mostly watched Grey's because someone else had it on, not because I was really into it myself. I also watched Supergirl, which is more recent, but it switched networks and I lost track of it. Then again, I had AA&T Uverse for a little while until the contract ran out and didn't want to pay the increased price. I watched these:

.

All American Cowgirl Chicks

Extant (this was actually a CBS show, but I didn't watch it live, dvr'd it)

That Metal Show

Rock Icons

Metal Evolution

Unsung / Unsung Hollywood

Stan Lee's Superhumans

American Horror Story: Coven, Freakshow, & Hotel (weird show, especially Hotel lol Mostly watched because of some of the actresses, and liked the idea it was technically a different show each season. I've never been into horror much other than the old movies from the 1930s)

Blunt Talk



It's called show business for a reason. It’s 90% business and 10% show. If you don’t know your business, you’re in trouble! ~ Johnnie Taylor
Each generation has their music that they fall in love with, that makes it special to them ~ Ralph Tresvant
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 04/21/17 7:07pm

214

MickyDolenz said:

dancerella said:

Your tv viewing is just as dated as mine lol. I cant name one tv character after the mid 90s. Martin is the last "current" tv show I watched.

The last new shows I watched regularly was Extreme Makeover Home Edition & Desperate Housewives. I watched the 1st season of Grey's Anatomy, but I lost interest. I mostly watched Grey's because someone else had it on, not because I was really into it myself. I also watched Supergirl, which is more recent, but it switched networks and I lost track of it. Then again, I had AA&T Uverse for a little while until the contract ran out and didn't want to pay the increased price. I watched these:

.

All American Cowgirl Chicks

Extant (this was actually a CBS show, but I didn't watch it live, dvr'd it)

That Metal Show

Rock Icons

Metal Evolution

Unsung / Unsung Hollywood

Stan Lee's Superhumans

American Horror Story: Coven, Freakshow, & Hotel (weird show, especially Hotel lol Mostly watched because of some of the actresses, and liked the idea it was technically a different show each season. I've never been into horror much other than the old movies from the 1930s)

Blunt Talk



Desperate Housewives is a great show, one of the greatest. I went through the 8 seasons, great ending quite moving.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 04/21/17 7:16pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Oh, no! Here we go again! MJ impersonator Navi is starring in yet another MJ movie coming soon on Lifetime. doh!

Sneak Peek! A Look at Lifetime’s Michael Jackson Movie, Starring the World’s Best MJ Impersonator

POSTED ON APRIL 12, 2017 AT 11:00AM EDT

LIFETIME
.

After Lifetime greenlit a Micha...son biopic, perhaps the most important step was casting a convincing actor to portray the pop icon.

.

So who better to step into MJ’s shoes than a man who spent years as a Jackson-sanctioned impersonator.

.

Navi, who worked for Jackson on multiple occasions as a body double and decoy during the King of Pop’s lengthy career, stars in the upcoming Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland — and PEOPLE has an exclusive first-look image from the TV movie in the current issue of the magazine, on newsstands Friday.

.

Searching for Neverland will chronicle the final years of Jackson’s life, including his time as a father to sons Prince and Blanket and daughter Paris.

.

Lifetime’s production is not associated with the controversial episode of British network Sky Arts’ upcoming TV anthology series, which was to feature Joseph Finnes as Jackson but was cancelled in January.

nothing's forbidden... and nothing's taboo.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 04/21/17 7:20pm

dancerella

purplethunder3121 said:

Oh, no! Here we go again! MJ impersonator Navi is starring in yet another MJ movie coming soon on Lifetime. doh!


Sneak Peek! A Look at Lifetime’s Michael Jackson Movie, Starring the World’s Best MJ Impersonator



POSTED ON APRIL 12, 2017 AT 11:00AM EDT







LIFETIME

.



After Lifetime greenlit a Micha...son biopic, perhaps the most important step was casting a convincing actor to portray the pop icon.


.


So who better to step into MJ’s shoes than a man who spent years as a Jackson-sanctioned impersonator.


.


Navi, who worked for Jackson on multiple occasions as a body double and decoy during the King of Pop’s lengthy career, stars in the upcoming Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland — and PEOPLE has an exclusive first-look image from the TV movie in the current issue of the magazine, on newsstands Friday.


.


Searching for Neverland will chronicle the final years of Jackson’s life, including his time as a father to sons Prince and Blanket and daughter Paris.


.


Lifetime’s production is not associated with the controversial episode of British network Sky Arts’ upcoming TV anthology series, which was to feature Joseph Finnes as Jackson but was cancelled in January.







Oh dear God here we go again. I these will continue to be made periodically. I'm gonna go on a limb and predict it will still be better than man in the mirror.
lol
[Edited 4/21/17 19:23pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 04/21/17 7:22pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

dancerella said:

purplethunder3121 said:

Oh, no! Here we go again! MJ impersonator Navi is starring in yet another MJ movie coming soon on Lifetime. doh!

Sneak Peek! A Look at Lifetime’s Michael Jackson Movie, Starring the World’s Best MJ Impersonator

POSTED ON APRIL 12, 2017 AT 11:00AM EDT

LIFETIME
.

After Lifetime greenlit a Micha...son biopic, perhaps the most important step was casting a convincing actor to portray the pop icon.

.

So who better to step into MJ’s shoes than a man who spent years as a Jackson-sanctioned impersonator.

.

Navi, who worked for Jackson on multiple occasions as a body double and decoy during the King of Pop’s lengthy career, stars in the upcoming Michael Jackson: Searching for Neverland — and PEOPLE has an exclusive first-look image from the TV movie in the current issue of the magazine, on newsstands Friday.

.

Searching for Neverland will chronicle the final years of Jackson’s life, including his time as a father to sons Prince and Blanket and daughter Paris.

.

Lifetime’s production is not associated with the controversial episode of British network Sky Arts’ upcoming TV anthology series, which was to feature Joseph Finnes as Jackson but was cancelled in January.

Ih dear God here we go again. I these will continue to be made periodically. I'm gonna go on a limb and predict it will still be better than man in the mirror. lol

Well, the make-up looks a trifle better than Man In The Mirror. razz lol

nothing's forbidden... and nothing's taboo.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 04/21/17 7:22pm

dancerella

214 said:



MickyDolenz said:




dancerella said:


Your tv viewing is just as dated as mine lol. I cant name one tv character after the mid 90s. Martin is the last "current" tv show I watched.

The last new shows I watched regularly was Extreme Makeover Home Edition & Desperate Housewives. I watched the 1st season of Grey's Anatomy, but I lost interest. I mostly watched Grey's because someone else had it on, not because I was really into it myself. I also watched Supergirl, which is more recent, but it switched networks and I lost track of it. Then again, I had AA&T Uverse for a little while until the contract ran out and didn't want to pay the increased price. I watched these:


.


All American Cowgirl Chicks


Extant (this was actually a CBS show, but I didn't watch it live, dvr'd it)


That Metal Show


Rock Icons


Metal Evolution


Unsung / Unsung Hollywood


Stan Lee's Superhumans


American Horror Story: Coven, Freakshow, & Hotel (weird show, especially Hotel lol Mostly watched because of some of the actresses, and liked the idea it was technically a different show each season. I've never been into horror much other than the old movies from the 1930s)


Blunt Talk







Desperate Housewives is a great show, one of the greatest. I went through the 8 seasons, great ending quite moving.




Oh well I mean I also watch Unsung, the voice and a few other programs but I was mostly refering to sitcoms. I haven't been really into one in a very long time. No modern family or any of the other new ones. Actually I've seen Blackish a few times.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 04/21/17 8:21pm

MickyDolenz

dancerella said:

Oh well I mean I also watch Unsung, the voice and a few other programs but I was mostly refering to sitcoms. I haven't been really into one in a very long time. No modern family or any of the other new ones. Actually I've seen Blackish a few times.

I guess Blunt Talk can be considered a sitcom. I watched it because I was curious to see Captain Picard doing a comedy show. Before that I think the last new sitcom I watched was That 70's Show. I have watched Bernie Mac, I think it was on around the same time. I've watched House Of Payne & Meet The Browns, but not on purpose. People had them on where I was at. I don't think I've seen them first run, they were reruns that came on weekday afternoons. I've also seen the show with Terry Crews & Ice Cube Are We There Yet. Charlie Murphy was on that too. Occasionally I'll watch a new Simpsons episode, but I haven't watched it regularly in years. I was surprised it passed up Gunsmoke as the longest running scripted show. Actually I can't believe America's Funniest Home Videos is still on.

It's called show business for a reason. It’s 90% business and 10% show. If you don’t know your business, you’re in trouble! ~ Johnnie Taylor
Each generation has their music that they fall in love with, that makes it special to them ~ Ralph Tresvant
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 04/21/17 8:45pm

dancerella

MickyDolenz said:



dancerella said:


Oh well I mean I also watch Unsung, the voice and a few other programs but I was mostly refering to sitcoms. I haven't been really into one in a very long time. No modern family or any of the other new ones. Actually I've seen Blackish a few times.

I guess Blunt Talk can be considered a sitcom. I watched it because I was curious to see Captain Picard doing a comedy show. Before that I think the last new sitcom I watched was That 70's Show. I have watched Bernie Mac, I think it was on around the same time. I've watched House Of Payne & Meet The Browns, but not on purpose. People had them on where I was at. I don't think I've seen them first run, they were reruns that came on weekday afternoons. I've also seen the show with Terry Crews & Ice Cube Are We There Yet. Charlie Murphy was on that too. Occasionally I'll watch a new Simpsons episode, but I haven't watched it regularly in years. I was surprised it passed up Gunsmoke as the longest running scripted show. Actually I can't believe America's Funniest Home Videos is still on.




TV isn't what it used to be. I actually watch retro tv all the time. Give me Good Times, Sanford and Son, Three's Company, The Jefferson's and many of the old 70s and 80s sitcoms any day over what they show now.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 04/22/17 5:55pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

YUP! cool

dancerella said:

MickyDolenz said:

I guess Blunt Talk can be considered a sitcom. I watched it because I was curious to see Captain Picard doing a comedy show. Before that I think the last new sitcom I watched was That 70's Show. I have watched Bernie Mac, I think it was on around the same time. I've watched House Of Payne & Meet The Browns, but not on purpose. People had them on where I was at. I don't think I've seen them first run, they were reruns that came on weekday afternoons. I've also seen the show with Terry Crews & Ice Cube Are We There Yet. Charlie Murphy was on that too. Occasionally I'll watch a new Simpsons episode, but I haven't watched it regularly in years. I was surprised it passed up Gunsmoke as the longest running scripted show. Actually I can't believe America's Funniest Home Videos is still on.

TV isn't what it used to be. I actually watch retro tv all the time. Give me Good Times, Sanford and Son, Three's Company, The Jefferson's and many of the old 70s and 80s sitcoms any day over what they show now.

"holding grudges and anger is a waste of energy, We are all going to die. We are all evolving, trying to become better people, so let it go.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 04/22/17 11:55pm

SoulAlive

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible from Beginning To End, July 19, 2009
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Man in the Mirror - The Michael Jackson Story (DVD)
Speaking from the viewpoint of someone who is a Michael Jackson fan, I felt that this movie was horrible. I absolutely love Michael Jackson and I felt that this movie did him no justice whatsoever. The acting was terrible and i felt that it was a mockery rather than a adequate portrayal of MJ. The movie left out so many details of his life. In the movie as they showed Michael's skin lighten, the makeup that was used on Flex (the actor playing MJ) was just outrageous, It just looked plain ridiculous. Flex looked like a clown and a mime at some points in the film. The movie contained no Mj music, (No "Billie Jean", "Beat It", Jackson 5 hits, "Man in the Mirror") Nothing! I wouldn't recommend this movie to a can of worms. If you want a better essence of Michael Jackson buy "The Jackson 5: An American Dream" although this movie follows the development of the Jackson 5 as a group it gave a better representation of Michael.
lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Is Man in the mirror, the worst film ever made?