independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 15th Dec 2017 3:46pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Goldfrapp 7!!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/03/17 5:28pm

Lammastide

avatar

Goldfrapp 7!!

Not much info yet, but Goldfrapp have updated their official website with a mysterious splash page and have posted this art, along with the teaser "#goldfrapp7," across their social media channels. dancing jig boogie headbang

15781619_10153935855186261_857982903627838226_n.jpg?oh=b0c84de3a225800366f86e7ce72ae352&oe=59221CC6

15622675_10153904253801261_4932867338238263378_n.jpg?oh=455aea3b6a18053b3961aa9add8b64c1&oe=5917D98E

[Edited 1/3/17 21:20pm]

Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/03/17 5:55pm

FUNKNROLL

Woo hoo.
Was wondering where those two had gone.
Great news thanks for sharing.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/05/17 12:25pm

POOK

avatar


OOH POOK STILL BLAST SUPERNATURE

OOH LA LA LA LA LA!

P o o |/,
P o o |\
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/05/17 12:46pm

funkaholic1972

avatar

POOK said:

OOH POOK STILL BLAST SUPERNATURE OOH LA LA LA LA LA!

Yeah that was a great one indeed, POOK!

RIP Prince: thank U 4 a funky Time!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/05/17 8:26pm

sexton

avatar

Alison has been posting these images are both Goldfrapp's and her own Instagram accounts. All of their albums are winners in my opinion.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/22/17 7:37am

Lammastide

avatar

One more day! dancing jigboogie


Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/22/17 1:09pm

Glindathegood

Can't wait. I'm a big fan. But I hope this album has some uptempo electro/dance stuff more like Black Cherry and Supernature. The songs on Tales of Us were pretty but a bit boring and slow for me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/22/17 3:38pm

Lammastide

avatar

Glindathegood said:

Can't wait. I'm a big fan. But I hope this album has some uptempo electro/dance stuff more like Black Cherry and Supernature. The songs on Tales of Us were pretty but a bit boring and slow for me.


I'm a fan of all their styles so far. You may be happy to know, though, that the audio teasers from their first single suggest a fairly bouncy, plugged-in beat. Check out their Facebook or Twitter pages.

The full song will debut on Lauren Laverne's show, Monday, Jan. 23, at 10 a.m. GMT on BBC Radio 6.

[Edited 1/23/17 1:05am]

Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/23/17 2:17pm

Glindathegood

The single Anymore is on youtube. I really love it. It's a return to more uptempo electronic music. It reminds me of Black Cherry.

I"ve seen them live a few times and they've always been great. I hope they do another tour!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/23/17 3:53pm

sexton

avatar

Have you ever listened to a new song for the first time by a band you love and the song is so incredibly awesome, it brings tears to your eyes? "Anymore" is one of those songs.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/23/17 5:18pm

Lammastide

avatar

They delivered. nod

Silver Eye drops while I'll be on holiday. Will be kind of cool to have it as a soundtrack that I'll always associate with my trip.

Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/23/17 7:40pm

damosuzuki

avatar

goldfrapp was in my 'to investigate someday' pile for a long time.

then i just stopped listening to music, and someday never came.

but i just randomly heard anymore, and i thought it was truly great.

[Edited 1/23/17 19:40pm]

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."

http://www.thelifeyoucansave.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/23/17 10:09pm

ea1313

avatar

from their email:

"Silver Eye belongs more to the electronic world of Supernature and Black Cherry. We've worked with some fantastic people on this album and we're really excited to share it with you."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/24/17 3:09pm

thekidsgirl

avatar

damosuzuki said:

goldfrapp was in my 'to investigate someday' pile for a long time.

then i just stopped listening to music, and someday never came.

but i just randomly heard anymore, and i thought it was truly great.

[Edited 1/23/17 19:40pm]


I have a good feeling about the whole album based on this song... This will be the album that reignites your affinity for music. Get ready.

If you will, so will I
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/25/17 9:09am

sexton

avatar

Pre-ordered the album this week as well as bought a ticket for the London Roundhouse gig in March. Now I have to figure out how to get across the pond to attend the show. eek lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/25/17 1:42pm

Lammastide

avatar

sexton said:

Pre-ordered the album this week as well as bought a ticket for the London Roundhouse gig in March. Now I have to figure out how to get across the pond to attend the show. eek lol


excited You're going to the Roundhouse show!?!? hrmph I'm... so... jealous.

I'll be in Europe three days later. Wish I had delayed buying my plane ticket now. I'd have bumped the date up a week and routed myself through the UK.

In all seriousness, enjoy!

[Edited 1/25/17 15:50pm]

Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/25/17 4:58pm

SupaFunkyOrgan
grinderSexy

avatar

sexton said:

Alison has been posting these images are both Goldfrapp's and her own Instagram accounts. All of their albums are winners in my opinion.

ALL of them! biggrin

2010: Healing the Wounds of the Past.... http://prince.org/msg/8/325740
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/25/17 7:01pm

Lammastide

avatar

SupaFunkyOrgangrinderSexy said:

sexton said:

Alison has been posting these images are both Goldfrapp's and her own Instagram accounts. All of their albums are winners in my opinion.

ALL of them! biggrin


Hey, you! wave

Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/26/17 2:21pm

sexton

avatar

Lammastide said:

sexton said:

Pre-ordered the album this week as well as bought a ticket for the London Roundhouse gig in March. Now I have to figure out how to get across the pond to attend the show. eek lol


excited You're going to the Roundhouse show!?!? hrmph I'm... so... jealous.

I'll be in Europe three days later. Wish I had delayed buying my plane ticket now. I'd have bumped the date up a week and routed myself through the UK.

In all seriousness, enjoy!

[Edited 1/25/17 15:50pm]


lol I'm jealous you're going to Prague! I'd love to visit that city again.

Booked my flight to London and accommodations last night so it's for real now. It was surprisingly affordable which is why I'm going.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/26/17 3:45pm

Lammastide

avatar

sexton said:

Lammastide said:


excited You're going to the Roundhouse show!?!? hrmph I'm... so... jealous.

I'll be in Europe three days later. Wish I had delayed buying my plane ticket now. I'd have bumped the date up a week and routed myself through the UK.

In all seriousness, enjoy!

[Edited 1/25/17 15:50pm]


lol I'm jealous you're going to Prague! I'd love to visit that city again.

Booked my flight to London and accommodations last night so it's for real now. It was surprisingly affordable which is why I'm going.


highfive

Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 02/10/17 11:36am

sexton

avatar

Two shows in Brooklyn announced: https://www.goldfrapp.com...this-april

The dates are the day before The Revolution is playing in Times Square--busy week for NY Prince/Goldfrapp fans.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 02/11/17 6:39am

Lammastide

avatar

sexton said:

Two shows in Brooklyn announced: https://www.goldfrapp.com...this-april

The dates are the day before The Revolution is playing in Times Square--busy week for NY Prince/Goldfrapp fans.


Gonna be an awesome week. I'm considering a trip down to NYC if there are no dates announced closer to Toronto.

Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 02/11/17 6:41am

Lammastide

avatar

music And of course...




Funny this should come right when I've been itching for a Jodorowsky fix.

[Edited 2/11/17 6:48am]

Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Goldfrapp 7!!