independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 21st Dec 2014 4:48am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Boy George 'Assaulted': Singer's Eye Injured During Club Scuffle
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/04/12 6:49am

JoeBala

avatar

Boy George 'Assaulted': Singer's Eye Injured During Club Scuffle

Boy George 'Assaulted': S...ub Scuffle

Chris Jackson, Getty Images

Eighties pop icon and "Karma Chameleon" Boy George was apparently "assaulted" in a U.K. night club during the weekend of March 31, Contactmusic reports. The Culture Club frontman revealed the news via his Twitter account, posting a picture of his messed-up eye along with the caption, "Looking pretty after being assaulted on Saturday night! Nice!"

The picture has since been removed for unknown reasons, but George did leave up a tweet about his stylist that said, "Poor Christine having to make up only one eye after an incident in a club last night I have on big bruised eye! Sweet!"

In a message to a fan, George explained, "Someone pulled off my hat and in the struggle to get it back I got poked in the eye!" His makeup artist was thoughtful enough to add a Union Jack patch to a p...sunglasses.

In other Boy George news (we knew you needed more) the singer posted a cover of Lana Del Rey's internet hit, "Video Games" to his Twitter account.

Just Music-No Categories-Enjoy It!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/04/12 10:24am

Cinnamon234

avatar

So not surprised. Boy George is always gettin' into some altercation lol.

Either way, I like him and love Culture Club.

"And When The Groove Is Dead And Gone, You Know That Love Survives, So We Can Rock Forever" RIP MJ heart

"I Feel Like I've Been On This Earth...Many Times Before"-RIP Teena Marie pray
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/04/12 10:39am

Timmy84

George, George, George disbelief

I love ya but sometimes you make me shake my head at the things you do... lol

Ain't the first time he got bruised up at a party either. neutral

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/04/12 10:55am

daPrettyman

avatar

Sounds like he hasn't grown up yet. SMH.

**--••--**--••**--••--**--••**--••--**--••**--••-
U 'gon make me shake my doo loose!
http://www.twitter.com/nivlekbrad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/04/12 12:36pm

HotGritz

avatar

He's kind of old to be fighting in the club aint he?

He's kind of old to be wearing those stupid hats.

I bet his eye was messed up even before the scuffle cuz lord knows his makeup is a hot ass mess.

I'M NOT SAYING YOU'RE UGLY. YOU JUST HAVE BAD LUCK WHEN IT COMES TO MIRRORS AND SUNLIGHT!
RIP Dick Clark, Whitney Houston, Don Cornelius, Heavy D, and Donna Summer. rose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/04/12 2:44pm

TheDigitalGard
ener

HotGritz said:

He's kind of old to be wearing those stupid hats.

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/04/12 3:00pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Quite a character, ole George is. smile

I guess U know me well, I don't like winter
But I seem 2 get a kick out of doing U cold
Oh, what the hell, U always surrender...
What's this strange relationship that we hold on 2?!!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/04/12 3:20pm

KCOOLMUZIQ

avatar

Boy George was one of the most soulful artist of the 80's. Hope he will be ok...

princes like a "ACT OF GOD" N another realm.Of all people who might b aliens,angels.if found out prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not b surprised,"What's happening now is the position eye always wanted 2b N, eye was just tryin 2 get here" Says prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/04/12 3:21pm

Ellie

avatar

He's fine as he was at the Kylie concert last night.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/04/12 3:43pm

rdhull

avatar

KCOOLMUZIQ said:

Boy George was one of the most soulful artist of the 80's. Hope he will be ok...

He's a masterpiece

Roger Ebert:rest in peace
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/04/12 3:52pm

KCOOLMUZIQ

avatar

rolleyes

princes like a "ACT OF GOD" N another realm.Of all people who might b aliens,angels.if found out prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not b surprised,"What's happening now is the position eye always wanted 2b N, eye was just tryin 2 get here" Says prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/04/12 4:02pm

HotGritz

avatar

neutral

I'M NOT SAYING YOU'RE UGLY. YOU JUST HAVE BAD LUCK WHEN IT COMES TO MIRRORS AND SUNLIGHT!
RIP Dick Clark, Whitney Houston, Don Cornelius, Heavy D, and Donna Summer. rose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/04/12 5:03pm

rdhull

avatar

KCOOLMUZIQ said:

rolleyes

"Treat everyone with love, even those who are rude to you, not because they are not nice, but because you are nice." By W. Smith

Roger Ebert:rest in peace
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/04/12 5:07pm

errant

avatar

Most likely deserved it.

"does my cock look fat in these jeans?"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/04/12 5:35pm

HotGritz

avatar

lol rdhull

I'M NOT SAYING YOU'RE UGLY. YOU JUST HAVE BAD LUCK WHEN IT COMES TO MIRRORS AND SUNLIGHT!
RIP Dick Clark, Whitney Houston, Don Cornelius, Heavy D, and Donna Summer. rose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/04/12 5:45pm

missfee

avatar

Looks to me like this wasn't George's fault...

Boy George Suffers Black Eye After Nasty Nightclub Attack

Alexis L. Loinaz, eonline
Seconds ago

"Do you really want to hurt me?" Boy George once sang.

Indeed, someone did.

The singer, whose real name is George O'Dowd, was allegedly assaulted outside a club in northeast England on Saturday, leaving the one-timeCulture Club frontman with a nasty black eye.

And the singer's got cold, hard proof: his own twitpics of the injury!


Per the Daily Mail , the singer was leaving the Amadeus nightclub in North Yorkshire Saturday night when the injury occurred.

The paper reports that according to the star's spokesman, "George was leaving the club when…a drunken and aggressive woman lunged for his hat and in doing so hit him in the eye.'

The woman was then asked to leave the club, but the singer reportedly refused to press charges.

He did, however, chronicle the whole fracas on Twitter.

"Looking pretty after getting assaulted on Saturday night," he wrote, attaching a twitpic of his bruised eye. (The tweet has since been deleted.)


He also added , "Someone pulled off my hat and in the struggle to get it back I got poked in the eye!"

The injury, though, didn't stop the star from carrying on with style: He got some help from someone in his entourage, who outfitted him in a chic pair of glasses with the Union Jack covering one of the lenses.

"The genius of Christine! One eye Joe! I have a gig so had to be clever! Quite Left Eye innit!," he tweeted .

Glad to hear, George. Now, please keep an eye out for peeps looking to poke your eye out!

[Edited 4/4/12 17:46pm]

Cause I'm fabulous and I live a fabulous life. batting eyes
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/04/12 7:22pm

allsmutaside

A page from the "old Hollywood" playbook about maintaining some degreee of privacy would be nice - why post that shit picture? I personally don't want to see this kind of shit about somone who was so important to such a formative time period in my life. I did, however, appreciate in his autobiography when he referred to "the coppers" chasing after him when he was doing all the heroin. But that was written cleverly, with a buffer of time from the actual events. I always thought that The Coppers would be a great second band name for George.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/04/12 7:31pm

Gunsnhalen

Oh Boy... time won't give him time to get some act right.

Hell George Michael & Pete Burns have been on there best behavior lately... Boy should follow suit razz

Pistols sounded like "Fuck off," wheras The Clash sounded like "Fuck Off, but here's why.."- Thedigitialgardener

Datdonkeydick- Asherfierce
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/04/12 7:33pm

MickyDolenz

avatar

I don't understand how it's George's fault if someone tries to steal his hat.

It's called show business for a reason. It’s 90% business and 10% show. If you don’t know your business…you’re in trouble! ~ Johnnie Taylor / Basically, music is nothing but prostitution anyway and managers are the pimps ~ Millie Jackson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/04/12 7:37pm

Gunsnhalen

MickyDolenz said:

I don't understand how it's George's fault if someone tries to steal his hat.

As timmy mentioned this isn't the first time he has been bruised up at a party. And we all know George is a major queen let's just say it lol so i am sure it wasn't done for no reason:P

Pistols sounded like "Fuck off," wheras The Clash sounded like "Fuck Off, but here's why.."- Thedigitialgardener

Datdonkeydick- Asherfierce
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/04/12 7:54pm

allsmutaside

Gunsnhalen said:

MickyDolenz said:

I don't understand how it's George's fault if someone tries to steal his hat.

As timmy mentioned this isn't the first time he has been bruised up at a party. And we all know George is a major queen let's just say it lol so i am sure it wasn't done for no reason:P

Hate the game, not the player.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/04/12 8:56pm

Timmy84

Ellie said:

He's fine as he was at the Kylie concert last night.

Hmm so his eye healed up? lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/04/12 8:57pm

Timmy84

missfee said:

Looks to me like this wasn't George's fault...

Boy George Suffers Black Eye After Nasty Nightclub Attack

Alexis L. Loinaz, eonline
Seconds ago

"Do you really want to hurt me?" Boy George once sang.

Indeed, someone did.

The singer, whose real name is George O'Dowd, was allegedly assaulted outside a club in northeast England on Saturday, leaving the one-timeCulture Club frontman with a nasty black eye.

And the singer's got cold, hard proof: his own twitpics of the injury!


Per the Daily Mail , the singer was leaving the Amadeus nightclub in North Yorkshire Saturday night when the injury occurred.

The paper reports that according to the star's spokesman, "George was leaving the club when…a drunken and aggressive woman lunged for his hat and in doing so hit him in the eye.'

The woman was then asked to leave the club, but the singer reportedly refused to press charges.

He did, however, chronicle the whole fracas on Twitter.

"Looking pretty after getting assaulted on Saturday night," he wrote, attaching a twitpic of his bruised eye. (The tweet has since been deleted.)


He also added , "Someone pulled off my hat and in the struggle to get it back I got poked in the eye!"

The injury, though, didn't stop the star from carrying on with style: He got some help from someone in his entourage, who outfitted him in a chic pair of glasses with the Union Jack covering one of the lenses.

"The genius of Christine! One eye Joe! I have a gig so had to be clever! Quite Left Eye innit!," he tweeted .

Glad to hear, George. Now, please keep an eye out for peeps looking to poke your eye out!

[Edited 4/4/12 17:46pm]

Heh, where was his bodyguard at?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 04/04/12 9:17pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Timmy84 said:

missfee said:

Looks to me like this wasn't George's fault...

Boy George Suffers Black Eye After Nasty Nightclub Attack

Alexis L. Loinaz, eonline
Seconds ago

"Do you really want to hurt me?" Boy George once sang.

Indeed, someone did.

The singer, whose real name is George O'Dowd, was allegedly assaulted outside a club in northeast England on Saturday, leaving the one-timeCulture Club frontman with a nasty black eye.

And the singer's got cold, hard proof: his own twitpics of the injury!


Per the Daily Mail , the singer was leaving the Amadeus nightclub in North Yorkshire Saturday night when the injury occurred.

The paper reports that according to the star's spokesman, "George was leaving the club when…a drunken and aggressive woman lunged for his hat and in doing so hit him in the eye.'

The woman was then asked to leave the club, but the singer reportedly refused to press charges.

He did, however, chronicle the whole fracas on Twitter.

"Looking pretty after getting assaulted on Saturday night," he wrote, attaching a twitpic of his bruised eye. (The tweet has since been deleted.)


He also added , "Someone pulled off my hat and in the struggle to get it back I got poked in the eye!"

The injury, though, didn't stop the star from carrying on with style: He got some help from someone in his entourage, who outfitted him in a chic pair of glasses with the Union Jack covering one of the lenses.

"The genius of Christine! One eye Joe! I have a gig so had to be clever! Quite Left Eye innit!," he tweeted .

Glad to hear, George. Now, please keep an eye out for peeps looking to poke your eye out!

[Edited 4/4/12 17:46pm]

Heh, where was his bodyguard at?

Didn't he box when he was young?

I guess U know me well, I don't like winter
But I seem 2 get a kick out of doing U cold
Oh, what the hell, U always surrender...
What's this strange relationship that we hold on 2?!!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 04/04/12 9:26pm

Timmy84

purplethunder3121 said:

Timmy84 said:

Heh, where was his bodyguard at?

Didn't he box when he was young?

Yup. I think he had to anyways seeing he grew up in the ghettos of Kent and he hung around all the punk heads back then...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 04/05/12 10:17am

HotGritz

avatar

Them big ole church lady hats will get your ass beat in a nightclub. Give it up George. The whole world knows you're bald anyway.

I'M NOT SAYING YOU'RE UGLY. YOU JUST HAVE BAD LUCK WHEN IT COMES TO MIRRORS AND SUNLIGHT!
RIP Dick Clark, Whitney Houston, Don Cornelius, Heavy D, and Donna Summer. rose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 04/05/12 11:36am

Timmy84

HotGritz said:

Them big ole church lady hats will get your ass beat in a nightclub. Give it up George. The whole world knows you're bald anyway.

Naw that's been George's style for 30 years now. lol I regret not being around as a teen in the '80s because he definitely would've been one to fawn over and I would've thought he was a girl. lol He was sure a pretty man though. I still love him though, fuck it. cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 04/05/12 3:13pm

nursev

This muthafucka is what in his 50's and he's still having altercations with folks neutral He needs to let alot of stuff go starting with that makeup lol Completely played out, fucked up whatever you wanna call it-the shit is old.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 04/05/12 4:58pm

HotGritz

avatar

nursev said:

This muthafucka is what in his 50's and he's still having altercations with folks neutral He needs to let alot of stuff go starting with that makeup lol Completely played out, fucked up whatever you wanna call it-the shit is old.

I wouldn't mind the makeup if it were just foundation and he was trying to keep the skin looking smooth but some of the stuff he does is just too outlandish at this stage in his life. Muthafucca eligible for AARP and still tryna look MTV! disbelief

I'M NOT SAYING YOU'RE UGLY. YOU JUST HAVE BAD LUCK WHEN IT COMES TO MIRRORS AND SUNLIGHT!
RIP Dick Clark, Whitney Houston, Don Cornelius, Heavy D, and Donna Summer. rose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 04/05/12 5:23pm

nursev

HotGritz said:

nursev said:

This muthafucka is what in his 50's and he's still having altercations with folks neutral He needs to let alot of stuff go starting with that makeup lol Completely played out, fucked up whatever you wanna call it-the shit is old.

I wouldn't mind the makeup if it were just foundation and he was trying to keep the skin looking smooth but some of the stuff he does is just too outlandish at this stage in his life. Muthafucca eligible for AARP and still tryna look MTV! disbelief

You know they sent that muhfuckka a card already and he's still carrying on like this lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Boy George 'Assaulted': Singer's Eye Injured During Club Scuffle