independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 22nd Feb 2019 6:36pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Top Five 'Blackballed' Celebrities, Minus Chris Brown: VIBE
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 15 of 18 « First<9101112131415161718>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #420 posted 03/21/10 4:38pm

murph

xlr8r said:

TonyVanDam said:



THAT^ is the exact report that I've read.

Now how come there has never been this kind of drama behind the scenes of Spiderman?!?


Like n Toby tried to hold out for more $ claimng he hurt his back?



You are seeing it....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #421 posted 03/21/10 5:07pm

sleepyq

Hey, Murph...

I think sometimes a lot of us r very quick to pin everythin on being BLACK.

Anybody who is black, who is gay, or who is a woman, or an ageing star... should watch themselves.

In Hollywood, everyone is on the hustle. EVERYONE struggles, even good looking young, white men. Remember that Brad Pitt didn't do anything noytable till he was 27, he struggled for many years in Hollywood with no break. EVERYONE struggles, yes, black ppl, women, and gay ppl have it harder, but ANYONE can be called out and crucified by the media. Tom Cruise is royalty- easily the biggest Hollywood star of the past 25 years, and look how bad the media dogged him out. Nobody is safe.

Wesley played with the suits. NOBODY can win against the suits. Will Smith is a good boy, thats why he stays in good graces. Someone like Tom Cruise proves- u dont fuck with their money, they will drop u. If Tom Cruise can be dropped, ANYBODY can be.

Milli Vanilli were caught as frauds, and that caused their demise. It wouldn't matter if they were white, either. Vanilla Ice was also caught as a fraud, and he didn't end up any better than they did, did he, now?

Janet was not black listed because of her nipple in the first place, let alone her color. Damita Jo was not a big flop, it outsold Whitney, Madonna, and Mariah's flops- and they didn't have any nip slips, now did they? Her slip in status was due to bad decision making by her management, namely the release and promotional campaign for her "comeback" album 20 YO. Awful album, awful image, awful everything. Anyone would've fallen off with all that.

Isiah Washington thought he was so big and cool because he got a fuckin gig on a TV show. Sound familiar? He was NOT the star of the show, and was easily disposable, he shoulda known his damn place. Patrick Demsey was the standout star, obviously, if he gave the producers an ultiumatum, then of course, they'd choose Patrck over Isiah. The same thing happened with "charmed." Both chicks were white, and they chose the one whow as the biggest star. It happens all the time, and has little to do with color.

OJ murdered his wife and her friend in cold blood. The media jumped on him. It is what it is.

So... it's NOT all about bein black or white. White celebs woulda gotten into trouble as well, and theres proof to support that. wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #422 posted 03/21/10 6:42pm

murph

sleepyq said:

Hey, Murph...

I think sometimes a lot of us r very quick to pin everythin on being BLACK.

Anybody who is black, who is gay, or who is a woman, or an ageing star... should watch themselves.

In Hollywood, everyone is on the hustle. EVERYONE struggles, even good looking young, white men. Remember that Brad Pitt didn't do anything noytable till he was 27, he struggled for many years in Hollywood with no break. EVERYONE struggles, yes, black ppl, women, and gay ppl have it harder, but ANYONE can be called out and crucified by the media. Tom Cruise is royalty- easily the biggest Hollywood star of the past 25 years, and look how bad the media dogged him out. Nobody is safe.

Wesley played with the suits. NOBODY can win against the suits. Will Smith is a good boy, thats why he stays in good graces. Someone like Tom Cruise proves- u dont fuck with their money, they will drop u. If Tom Cruise can be dropped, ANYBODY can be.

Milli Vanilli were caught as frauds, and that caused their demise. It wouldn't matter if they were white, either. Vanilla Ice was also caught as a fraud, and he didn't end up any better than they did, did he, now?

Janet was not black listed because of her nipple in the first place, let alone her color. Damita Jo was not a big flop, it outsold Whitney, Madonna, and Mariah's flops- and they didn't have any nip slips, now did they? Her slip in status was due to bad decision making by her management, namely the release and promotional campaign for her "comeback" album 20 YO. Awful album, awful image, awful everything. Anyone would've fallen off with all that.

Isiah Washington thought he was so big and cool because he got a fuckin gig on a TV show. Sound familiar? He was NOT the star of the show, and was easily disposable, he shoulda known his damn place. Patrick Demsey was the standout star, obviously, if he gave the producers an ultiumatum, then of course, they'd choose Patrck over Isiah. The same thing happened with "charmed." Both chicks were white, and they chose the one whow as the biggest star. It happens all the time, and has little to do with color.

OJ murdered his wife and her friend in cold blood. The media jumped on him. It is what it is.

So... it's NOT all about bein black or white. White celebs woulda gotten into trouble as well, and theres proof to support that. wink



Nah...I try not to pin everything on race...Milli Vanilli and Janet Jackson's troubles (Janet's blackballing was more about her being a women, if anything else...)have little to do with race....But the other three are kinda cut and dry....OJ?....Well, dude is despicable....But there werre some Klu Klux Clan men who got off for murdering civil rights workers who were not hunted down like that dude...lol
[Edited 3/21/10 18:45pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #423 posted 03/21/10 7:06pm

sunsetdriver19
99

murph said:

sleepyq said:

Hey, Murph...

I think sometimes a lot of us r very quick to pin everythin on being BLACK.

Anybody who is black, who is gay, or who is a woman, or an ageing star... should watch themselves.

In Hollywood, everyone is on the hustle. EVERYONE struggles, even good looking young, white men. Remember that Brad Pitt didn't do anything noytable till he was 27, he struggled for many years in Hollywood with no break. EVERYONE struggles, yes, black ppl, women, and gay ppl have it harder, but ANYONE can be called out and crucified by the media. Tom Cruise is royalty- easily the biggest Hollywood star of the past 25 years, and look how bad the media dogged him out. Nobody is safe.

Wesley played with the suits. NOBODY can win against the suits. Will Smith is a good boy, thats why he stays in good graces. Someone like Tom Cruise proves- u dont fuck with their money, they will drop u. If Tom Cruise can be dropped, ANYBODY can be.

Milli Vanilli were caught as frauds, and that caused their demise. It wouldn't matter if they were white, either. Vanilla Ice was also caught as a fraud, and he didn't end up any better than they did, did he, now?

Janet was not black listed because of her nipple in the first place, let alone her color. Damita Jo was not a big flop, it outsold Whitney, Madonna, and Mariah's flops- and they didn't have any nip slips, now did they? Her slip in status was due to bad decision making by her management, namely the release and promotional campaign for her "comeback" album 20 YO. Awful album, awful image, awful everything. Anyone would've fallen off with all that.

Isiah Washington thought he was so big and cool because he got a fuckin gig on a TV show. Sound familiar? He was NOT the star of the show, and was easily disposable, he shoulda known his damn place. Patrick Demsey was the standout star, obviously, if he gave the producers an ultiumatum, then of course, they'd choose Patrck over Isiah. The same thing happened with "charmed." Both chicks were white, and they chose the one whow as the biggest star. It happens all the time, and has little to do with color.

OJ murdered his wife and her friend in cold blood. The media jumped on him. It is what it is.

So... it's NOT all about bein black or white. White celebs woulda gotten into trouble as well, and theres proof to support that. wink



Nah...I try not to pin everything on race...Milli Vanilli and Janet Jackson's troubles (Janet's blackballing was more about her being a women, if anything else...)have little to do with race....But the other three are kinda cut and dry....OJ?....Well, dude is despicable....But there werre some Klu Klux Clan men who got off for murdering civil rights workers who were not hunted down like that dude...lol
[Edited 3/21/10 18:45pm]

What happened with Janet was inherently racial. The sexuality of black females is still seen as "taboo', and "vulgar", regardless of context.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #424 posted 03/21/10 7:11pm

midiscover

sunsetdriver1999 said:

murph said:




Nah...I try not to pin everything on race...Milli Vanilli and Janet Jackson's troubles (Janet's blackballing was more about her being a women, if anything else...)have little to do with race....But the other three are kinda cut and dry....OJ?....Well, dude is despicable....But there werre some Klu Klux Clan men who got off for murdering civil rights workers who were not hunted down like that dude...lol
[Edited 3/21/10 18:45pm]

What happened with Janet was inherently racial. The sexuality of black females is still seen as "taboo', and "vulgar", regardless of context.


Exactly! cool

I said this in another thread about women sexuality.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #425 posted 03/21/10 10:49pm

murph

sunsetdriver1999 said:

murph said:




Nah...I try not to pin everything on race...Milli Vanilli and Janet Jackson's troubles (Janet's blackballing was more about her being a women, if anything else...)have little to do with race....But the other three are kinda cut and dry....OJ?....Well, dude is despicable....But there werre some Klu Klux Clan men who got off for murdering civil rights workers who were not hunted down like that dude...lol
[Edited 3/21/10 18:45pm]

What happened with Janet was inherently racial. The sexuality of black females is still seen as "taboo', and "vulgar", regardless of context.


I see it more because she was a woman...Yes race placed a part, but women in this country are always treated differently when it comes to the politics of sex...That was the main reason....
[Edited 3/21/10 22:50pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #426 posted 03/22/10 10:43am

DesireeNevermi
nd

Janet's incident was agism pure and simple. Had she bared her pastie covered boobie when she was 27 or even 34 nobody would care (as much). But she was 40 and that's what set folk off plus the fact that she is black. Now I personally think she's hot as hell and there are plenty 40 plus women in the entertainment biz who are better looking than women half their age but that is not how the boys in hollywood see women. They apply expiration dates at will and unless you are a highly sexualized buxom white icon like Pam Anderson or the now deceased Anna Nicole, you are not allowed to express your sensuality or exploit your physical beauty unless the big boys give you the "fuckable" stamp of approval. Even Marilyn was still the prize in her mid thirties and Liz Taylor in her 40s. Nowadays though, hollywood tryna cut women off once they hit 30 and if you're black...well... it's a crap shoot.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #427 posted 03/22/10 12:36pm

shorttrini

avatar

I see what happened to Janet as a result of a poorly thought out plan, racism and sexism, had very little to do with it.People can say what they want, but with her reputation,talent and celebrity, speak for themselves so there was no need for it. It was not as though, she was "new to the scene", like a Ciara, who has to do the things she does just to keep up. Janet is Janet, she tried to play the game and she got caught, nuff said.
"Love is like peeing in your pants, everyone sees it but only you feel its warmth"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #428 posted 03/22/10 12:47pm

DesireeNevermi
nd

shorttrini said:

I see what happened to Janet as a result of a poorly thought out plan, racism and sexism, had very little to do with it.People can say what they want, but with her reputation,talent and celebrity, speak for themselves so there was no need for it. It was not as though, she was "new to the scene", like a Ciara, who has to do the things she does just to keep up. Janet is Janet, she tried to play the game and she got caught, nuff said.



she tried to do what the young girls would do and it back fired. Madonna would have gotten the same or worse public reaction.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #429 posted 03/22/10 12:57pm

TD3

avatar

DesireeNevermind said:

shorttrini said:

I see what happened to Janet as a result of a poorly thought out plan, racism and sexism, had very little to do with it.People can say what they want, but with her reputation,talent and celebrity, speak for themselves so there was no need for it. It was not as though, she was "new to the scene", like a Ciara, who has to do the things she does just to keep up. Janet is Janet, she tried to play the game and she got caught, nuff said.



she tried to do what the young girls would do and it back fired. Madonna would have gotten the same or worse public reaction.


Got caught in what? Hasn't Ms. Jackson always put on a show? I don't recall the sista every sittting on a stool singing... let alone standing still. A total over-reaction.... all because some man was heavy handed and pulled the wrong layer of clothing off.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #430 posted 03/22/10 12:59pm

Timmy84

I still think Timberlake jinxes everyone he collaborates with. lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #431 posted 03/22/10 1:03pm

seeingvoices12

avatar

Timmy84 said:

I still think Timberlake jinxes everyone he collaborates with. lol


spit
MICHAEL JACKSON
R.I.P
مايكل جاكسون للأبد
1958
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #432 posted 03/22/10 1:04pm

DesireeNevermi
nd

TD3 said:

DesireeNevermind said:




she tried to do what the young girls would do and it back fired. Madonna would have gotten the same or worse public reaction.


Got caught in what? Hasn't Ms. Jackson always put on a show? I don't recall the sista every sittting on a stool singing... let alone standing still. A total over-reaction.... all because some man was heavy handed and pulled the wrong layer of clothing off.



He didn't though. It was planned that she would show her boobie. Why on earth would you wear a pastie over your nip unless you were planning such a thing? People aren't stupid. JT figured this out and that's why his punk ass distanced himself from the situation. He realized that the so called good idea was a complete foul up.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #433 posted 03/22/10 1:05pm

DesireeNevermi
nd

Timmy84 said:

I still think Timberlake jinxes everyone he collaborates with. lol



Except Timbaland. Them two are a match made in heaven. lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #434 posted 03/22/10 1:07pm

seeingvoices12

avatar

DesireeNevermind said:

Timmy84 said:

I still think Timberlake jinxes everyone he collaborates with. lol



Except Timbaland. Them two are a match made in heaven. lol


Never mention that thief again. disbelief
MICHAEL JACKSON
R.I.P
مايكل جاكسون للأبد
1958
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #435 posted 03/22/10 1:08pm

shorttrini

avatar

TD3 said:

DesireeNevermind said:




she tried to do what the young girls would do and it back fired. Madonna would have gotten the same or worse public reaction.


Got caught in what? Hasn't Ms. Jackson always put on a show? I don't recall the sista every sittting on a stool singing... let alone standing still. A total over-reaction.... all because some man was heavy handed and pulled the wrong layer of clothing off.


That was not a show it was a spectacle. To this day, I think what happened was no accident. They were both in on it and when there was a threat of the FCC getting involved she cried wolf.
"Love is like peeing in your pants, everyone sees it but only you feel its warmth"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #436 posted 03/22/10 1:15pm

DesireeNevermi
nd

shorttrini said:

TD3 said:



Got caught in what? Hasn't Ms. Jackson always put on a show? I don't recall the sista every sittting on a stool singing... let alone standing still. A total over-reaction.... all because some man was heavy handed and pulled the wrong layer of clothing off.


That was not a show it was a spectacle. To this day, I think what happened was no accident. They were both in on it and when there was a threat of the FCC getting involved she cried wolf.



That's your story and I'm stickin' to it. smile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #437 posted 03/22/10 1:15pm

DesireeNevermi
nd

seeingvoices12 said:

DesireeNevermind said:




Except Timbaland. Them two are a match made in heaven. lol


Never mention that thief again. disbelief



falloff he's a master at it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #438 posted 03/22/10 1:38pm

seeingvoices12

avatar

DesireeNevermind said:

seeingvoices12 said:



Never mention that thief again. disbelief



falloff he's a master at it.

lol

Yeah, he is a thief and they should file a big lawsuit against his ass.
MICHAEL JACKSON
R.I.P
مايكل جاكسون للأبد
1958
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #439 posted 03/22/10 1:39pm

TD3

avatar

DesireeNevermind said:

TD3 said:



Got caught in what? Hasn't Ms. Jackson always put on a show? I don't recall the sista every sittting on a stool singing... let alone standing still. A total over-reaction.... all because some man was heavy handed and pulled the wrong layer of clothing off.



He didn't though. It was planned that she would show her boobie. Why on earth would you wear a pastie over your nip unless you were planning such a thing? People aren't stupid. JT figured this out and that's why his punk ass distanced himself from the situation. He realized that the so called good idea was a complete foul up.



Because Ms. Jackson said, it wasn't intentional, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt. As I said that the begining of this thread, we don't get the benefit of the doubt . What was shameful to me was a lot of Black people kept their mouths shut or jumped on the damn band wagon. Why did she have on a pastie? I'm not sure but it's wasn't the the A-ha! moment for me. I saw her look shock and turn to JT with suprise afterwards too.

I'm don't think that "type of stunt" is in her mindset, she could've probably done it in a concert long time if that was the case. JT is a coward.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #440 posted 03/22/10 1:40pm

Timmy84

seeingvoices12 said:

DesireeNevermind said:




falloff he's a master at it.

lol

Yeah, he is a thief and they should file a big lawsuit against his ass.


I agree. nod lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #441 posted 03/22/10 1:47pm

TD3

avatar

Timmy84 said:

I still think Timberlake jinxes everyone he collaborates with. lol



I was trying not to mention that mans name ...now you've jinxed the thread. hammer

anybody has a rabbits foots. lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #442 posted 03/22/10 1:48pm

seeingvoices12

avatar

Timmy84 said:

seeingvoices12 said:


lol

Yeah, he is a thief and they should file a big lawsuit against his ass.


I agree. nod lol


They said that his beats are original and out of this world rolleyes, they don't know he steals beats from other cultures lol , sampling their music without giving credits .


[Edited 3/22/10 13:49pm]
MICHAEL JACKSON
R.I.P
مايكل جاكسون للأبد
1958
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #443 posted 03/22/10 1:53pm

shorttrini

avatar

TD3 said:

DesireeNevermind said:




He didn't though. It was planned that she would show her boobie. Why on earth would you wear a pastie over your nip unless you were planning such a thing? People aren't stupid. JT figured this out and that's why his punk ass distanced himself from the situation. He realized that the so called good idea was a complete foul up.



Because Ms. Jackson said, it wasn't intentional, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt. As I said that the begining of this thread, we don't get the benefit of the doubt . What was shameful to me was a lot of Black people kept their mouths shut or jumped on the damn band wagon. Why did she have on a pastie? I'm not sure but it's wasn't the the A-ha! moment for me. I saw her look shock and turn to JT with suprise afterwards too.

I'm don't think that "type of stunt" is in her mindset, she could've probably done it in a concert long time if that was the case. JT is a coward.


You give a child the benefit of the doubt, not some grown ass woman who is supposed to know better. I am all for the supporting of my people, but when it comes to doing dumb shyt, that's when I have a problem. Too many of us wanna play the victim or the race card, when we fuck up or when things don't go our way. Janet blew it, and she was not grown enough to put on her "grown up" panties and take responsibility for her part of it.
"Love is like peeing in your pants, everyone sees it but only you feel its warmth"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #444 posted 03/22/10 1:59pm

midiscover

DesireeNevermind said:

Janet's incident was agism pure and simple. Had she bared her pastie covered boobie when she was 27 or even 34 nobody would care (as much). But she was 40 and that's what set folk off plus the fact that she is black. Now I personally think she's hot as hell and there are plenty 40 plus women in the entertainment biz who are better looking than women half their age but that is not how the boys in hollywood see women. They apply expiration dates at will and unless you are a highly sexualized buxom white icon like Pam Anderson or the now deceased Anna Nicole, you are not allowed to express your sensuality or exploit your physical beauty unless the big boys give you the "fuckable" stamp of approval. Even Marilyn was still the prize in her mid thirties and Liz Taylor in her 40s. Nowadays though, hollywood tryna cut women off once they hit 30 and if you're black...well... it's a crap shoot.


Eh nah. She was 38 y.o. when that incident happened. I don't think its ageism.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #445 posted 03/22/10 2:02pm

midiscover

shorttrini said:

TD3 said:




Because Ms. Jackson said, it wasn't intentional, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt. As I said that the begining of this thread, we don't get the benefit of the doubt . What was shameful to me was a lot of Black people kept their mouths shut or jumped on the damn band wagon. Why did she have on a pastie? I'm not sure but it's wasn't the the A-ha! moment for me. I saw her look shock and turn to JT with suprise afterwards too.

I'm don't think that "type of stunt" is in her mindset, she could've probably done it in a concert long time if that was the case. JT is a coward.


You give a child the benefit of the doubt, not some grown ass woman who is supposed to know better. I am all for the supporting of my people, but when it comes to doing dumb shyt, that's when I have a problem. Too many of us wanna play the victim or the race card, when we fuck up or when things don't go our way. Janet blew it, and she was not grown enough to put on her "grown up" panties and take responsibility for her part of it.


shake

She owned up to it. JT cried. Don't open your mouth if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about confused
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #446 posted 03/22/10 2:04pm

Timmy84

seeingvoices12 said:

Timmy84 said:



I agree. nod lol


They said that his beats are original and out of this world rolleyes, they don't know he steals beats from other cultures lol , sampling their music without giving credits .


[Edited 3/22/10 13:49pm]


Yep. OOPS! lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #447 posted 03/22/10 2:14pm

sleepyq

midiscover said:

DesireeNevermind said:

Janet's incident was agism pure and simple. Had she bared her pastie covered boobie when she was 27 or even 34 nobody would care (as much). But she was 40 and that's what set folk off plus the fact that she is black. Now I personally think she's hot as hell and there are plenty 40 plus women in the entertainment biz who are better looking than women half their age but that is not how the boys in hollywood see women. They apply expiration dates at will and unless you are a highly sexualized buxom white icon like Pam Anderson or the now deceased Anna Nicole, you are not allowed to express your sensuality or exploit your physical beauty unless the big boys give you the "fuckable" stamp of approval. Even Marilyn was still the prize in her mid thirties and Liz Taylor in her 40s. Nowadays though, hollywood tryna cut women off once they hit 30 and if you're black...well... it's a crap shoot.


Eh nah. She was 38 y.o. when that incident happened. I don't think its ageism.

sigh

It was neither.

It was about bein a female, first and foremost. Being middle aged and being black made it worse. But America has always been sore when it comes to female sexuality. Always. Young white girls get in trouble too.

Christina Aguilera was coming off a diamond album with her sophmore album. Guess where her comeback single peaked? #48. Why?



Female sexuality is always recieved badly. Britney Spears was literally BLACKLISTED from radio when she started takin her clothes off with her 3rd album. They refused to play anythin she put out, only 1 single from the album even managed to go top 40. The album only sold half of its predecessor. Why?



Those 2 girls bounced back because they had GOOD MANAGEMENT that knew what to do to get them back on top. Janet was not so lucky. Her age had to do with her not bein able to get back on track, yes. But 20 YO was a mess of an era, and that had little to do with her age or color. Her ppl fucked up. Jimmy and Terry wrote a bad album, she had the wrong look, the singles were bad... all that had nothin to do with her age or color. They fucked up, end of.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #448 posted 03/22/10 2:24pm

TD3

avatar

shorttrini said:

TD3 said:




Because Ms. Jackson said, it wasn't intentional, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt. As I said that the begining of this thread, we don't get the benefit of the doubt . What was shameful to me was a lot of Black people kept their mouths shut or jumped on the damn band wagon. Why did she have on a pastie? I'm not sure but it's wasn't the the A-ha! moment for me. I saw her look shock and turn to JT with suprise afterwards too.

I'm don't think that "type of stunt" is in her mindset, she could've probably done it in a concert long time if that was the case. JT is a coward.


You give a child the benefit of the doubt, not some grown ass woman who is supposed to know better. I am all for the supporting of my people, but when it comes to doing dumb shyt, that's when I have a problem. Too many of us wanna play the victim or the race card, when we fuck up or when things don't go our way. Janet blew it, and she was not grown enough to put on her "grown up" panties and take responsibility for her part of it.



I didn't say anything about being a child with all due respect, you did. Second thing, I'm aware she's a grown woman. Unless you've gotten through you entire adulthood never being misunderstood or having something go wrong unintentional than please write a book and share it with the rest of us. Nor did I say anyting about race... if you've read any of what I've posted in this thread I thought Ms. Jackson caught a bit of blow back from her brother's trials and tributlations. Getting bent out of shape for a millisecond of a tit airing on TV... most people didn't see in real time. The news at 5, 6, and 10 slowed the tape down and pressed replay.... and still photographs where published. Ms. Jackson explanation of what transpired seem plausible to me, you disagree. shrug

That's what I do for a living.... I give people the benifit of the doubt just because it's reapeated upteem time, "THEY DID IT!" Some haven't done what they are accused of or at least all that has been claimed. I'll repeat, "we" should know better and at least be a little bit sceptical.



=====
[Edited 3/22/10 14:37pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #449 posted 03/22/10 2:39pm

DesireeNevermi
nd

I was told that when Prince made that comment about "old skin" on Tavis show years back...that he wasn't talking about himself...he was talking about Janet. sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 15 of 18 « First<9101112131415161718>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Top Five 'Blackballed' Celebrities, Minus Chris Brown: VIBE