independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 19th Apr 2014 10:43pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > RAPPER JULEZ AND THE LATE ACTOR MERLIN SANTANA - RELATED?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/29/06 11:45am

ChristopherTra
cyParade

avatar

RAPPER JULEZ AND THE LATE ACTOR MERLIN SANTANA - RELATED?

Are they related? Anybody know? Cuz they sure do look like brothers or could be related as cousins.

For those that don't know, Merlin Santana played "Romeo" on The Steve Harvey Show and was killed in November 2002 in L.A. after a botched robbery.



Juelz has the hat on.
"Free yo mind and yo ass will follow" - George Clinton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/29/06 1:48pm

ThreadCula

avatar

Yes they do look alike but Juelz Santana's real name is LaRon Louis James,he is not related to Merlin Santana.

Also Juelz is African-American and Honduran
Merlin was of Dominican ancestry.
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood...NOBODY!"
johnart says: "I'm THE shit"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/29/06 2:24pm

dreamfactory31
3

Yeah, they share a common racial/ethnic background. Thats all.

BTW, There It Go(The Whistle Song) is off the heezee! lol
[Edited 1/29/06 15:01pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/29/06 2:56pm

ChristopherTra
cyParade

avatar

ThreadCula said:

Yes they do look alike but Juelz Santana's real name is LaRon Louis James,he is not related to Merlin Santana.

Also Juelz is African-American and Honduran
Merlin was of Dominican ancestry.


Ok, cool. I did hit up Wikipedia but you cant always trust what they say. They have then BOTH as being Dominican.
"Free yo mind and yo ass will follow" - George Clinton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/29/06 2:56pm

sinisterpentat
onic

Whoa! Merlin Santana died in a robbery 4 years ago?!? omfg

i just recently started watching reruns of The Steve Harvey show, he always did strike me as shady. confused

Does anyone know the year of that show's last season?


whistling
[Edited 1/29/06 15:00pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/29/06 2:57pm

ChristopherTra
cyParade

avatar

sinisterpentatonic said:

Whoa! Merlin Santana died in a robbery 4 years ago?!? omfg

i just recently started watching reruns of The Steve Harvey show, he always did strike me as shady. confused

Does anyone know the year of that show's last season?


Well, he wasnt being shady he was a passenger in a car during a car-jacking. He was the victim not the perpatrator.
"Free yo mind and yo ass will follow" - George Clinton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/29/06 2:59pm

sinisterpentat
onic

ChristopherTracyParade said:

sinisterpentatonic said:

Whoa! Merlin Santana died in a robbery 4 years ago?!? omfg

i just recently started watching reruns of The Steve Harvey show, he always did strike me as shady. confused

Does anyone know the year of that show's last season?


Well, he wasnt being shady he was a passenger in a car during a car-jacking. He was the victim not the perpatrator.


OH! Damn, my fault. boxed

too bad.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/29/06 3:01pm

ChristopherTra
cyParade

avatar

And The Steve Harvey Show ended in 2000.
"Free yo mind and yo ass will follow" - George Clinton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/29/06 3:27pm

June19

avatar

ChristopherTracyParade said:

And The Steve Harvey Show ended in 2000.



Steve's show ended in late 2000 and Merlin was killed early 2001....and ACTUALLY I recall he was killed by some chick while sitting as a passenger in a vehicle...i didnt know it was robbery related, I always thought it was some heated ex chick.... neutral
June 19's Pop Culture Commentary - Beyonce'
- "Besides as much as I love her...she's still a 2 piece, biscuit, hot pepper and strawberry soda away from blowin up... So yes...she's a plain jane like the rest of us..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/29/06 3:35pm

ThreadCula

avatar

June19 said:

ChristopherTracyParade said:

And The Steve Harvey Show ended in 2000.



Steve's show ended in late 2000 and Merlin was killed early 2001....and ACTUALLY I recall he was killed by some chick while sitting as a passenger in a vehicle...i didnt know it was robbery related, I always thought it was some heated ex chick.... neutral



No it wasnt by a chick...but it had something to do with a chick
"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood...NOBODY!"
johnart says: "I'm THE shit"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/29/06 4:39pm

ChristopherTra
cyParade

avatar

June19 said:

ChristopherTracyParade said:

And The Steve Harvey Show ended in 2000.



Steve's show ended in late 2000 and Merlin was killed early 2001....and ACTUALLY I recall he was killed by some chick while sitting as a passenger in a vehicle...i didnt know it was robbery related, I always thought it was some heated ex chick.... neutral


Merlin was killed November 9 2002 and it was a botched robbery.
"Free yo mind and yo ass will follow" - George Clinton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/29/06 8:40pm

NPD313

avatar

Did someone say Dominican?
I'm Dominican.
I gotta rep for my Black Latino's!

By the way...Juelz new cd is HOTT!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/29/06 8:41pm

LittleBLUECorv
ette

avatar

The Steve Harvey Shpw ended in 2001.

I read that the women that shot Merlin was a crazed fan.
MICHAEL JACKSON: Always and Forever
-----
Live Your Life How U Wanna Live It
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/30/06 12:48am

dewalliz

LittleBLUECorvette said:

The Steve Harvey Shpw ended in 2001.

I read that the women that shot Merlin was a crazed fan.


Steve Harvey ended in 2002 few months before Merlin was shot and killed.

here's briefly info http://en.wikipedia.org/w...in_Santana

if you want more go to imdb under Merlin and they were talking in-depth what happened.


If it werent for that damn lying b**ch, Merlin would still be alive today. sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/30/06 3:05am

CalhounSq

avatar

Umm, they don't look shit alike man biggrin
"Bonafide is the old deal, fake is the new real"... - Alice Smith!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/30/06 3:27am

Rhondab

sinisterpentatonic said:

ChristopherTracyParade said:



Well, he wasnt being shady he was a passenger in a car during a car-jacking. He was the victim not the perpatrator.


OH! Damn, my fault. boxed

too bad.



so do you still think he's shady?? confused
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/30/06 7:47am

sinisterpentat
onic

Rhondab said:

sinisterpentatonic said:



OH! Damn, my fault. boxed

too bad.



so do you still think he's shady?? confused


zipped
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/30/06 8:30am

ChristopherTra
cyParade

avatar

CalhounSq said:

Umm, they don't look shit alike man biggrin


You're blind. No, you can't see. You need to wear some glasses like DMC. eek wink
"Free yo mind and yo ass will follow" - George Clinton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > RAPPER JULEZ AND THE LATE ACTOR MERLIN SANTANA - RELATED?