URL: http://prince.org/msg/8/169352

Date printed: Tue 25th Nov 2014 4:13pm PST

independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 25th Nov 2014 4:13pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Lumidee Arrested For Smuggling Drugs Into US
AuthorMessage
Thread started 12/03/05 1:17am

twink69

Lumidee Arrested For Smuggling Drugs Into US

Lumidee Arrested For Smuggling Drugs Into US


Singer Lumidee, whose real name is Lumiana DeRosa, was arrested at Laguardia International Airport on Friday November 25 after the Drug Enforcement Agency (D.E.A.) was tipped off that she was smuggling drugs into the United States.

Police reportedly recovered over $1 million of frozen cocaine and over 7,000 exstacy tablets worth more than $500,000. DeRosa is reportedly involved in a suspected $50 million bicoastal drug ring, that also includes model Gloria Velez, who was also arrested on drug charges in 2004.

Velez, was promoting the release of her calendar & DVD when she was charged after police seized 200 pounds of cocaine, $800,000 in cash and four other vehicles, where nearly $1 million cash was found. It was unclear how much money or drugs allegedly were pulled from Velez's bus.

Lumidee enjoyed a brief but successful stint in the music industry in 2003. Her single "Never Leave You (Uh Oh, Uh Oh)" topped the Billboard charts for 2 weeks that summer, and a remix featuring rapper Busta Rhymes enjoyed a substantial amount of chart success. The album failed to create any other hits, but the Recording Industry of America certified it gold with sales of over 500,000 copies.

There was no comment from any of the parties involved.
Reply #1 posted 12/03/05 1:24am

CinisterCee

Uh-oh.
Reply #2 posted 12/03/05 1:26am

paisleypark4

Damn Lumidee...was your album that much of a bomb you had to smuggle some drugs? Kids these days disbelief

Well I hope this is'nt true... she was cute wink Her song just got played out..She just wasnt really a singer.
Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
Reply #3 posted 12/03/05 5:07am

Axchi696

CinisterCee said:

Uh-oh.



falloff
I'm the first mammal to wear pants.
Reply #4 posted 12/03/05 6:17am

VinnyM27

CinisterCee said:

Uh-oh.

Uh-oh.
Reply #5 posted 12/03/05 9:04am

angela74

Uh oh... Thats messed up.
Reply #6 posted 12/03/05 10:19am

dewalliz

i don't see where the news source comes from the article.

I also tried to find a more reliable source but I don't find it. Is it weird that other like MTV, BET, and others not mention the story, and I know Lumidee isn't very famous but still they would mentioned the story as soon as when it happen.

I am not saying that it didn't happen I hope it isn't true but a lot of other people such as other news outlets are taking as a rumor until the official word comes out. Even some hip-hop message boards believing the story is a sham.

Also I thought here real name is Lumidee Cedeno? And they added Gloria Velez in the mix too and the story that sound like 2004 when Gloria was under investigation for drugs. Why would Gloria risked getting in trouble again especially things look promising in her career? Also the article was wrong when it said Gloria was arrested in 2004 and she was never arrested she was just brought in questioning.


I heard false stories such as the Serena remarks about black men and also about the death of Christopher Williams and people bought that as true until their camps confirmed it is false. So therefore even on the internet trolls makes up false stories about celebrities tried to get shit started. And that article above looks more like amateurish journalism.
[Edited 12/3/05 10:34am]
Reply #7 posted 12/03/05 11:32am

murph

dewalliz said:

i don't see where the news source comes from the article.

I also tried to find a more reliable source but I don't find it. Is it weird that other like MTV, BET, and others not mention the story, and I know Lumidee isn't very famous but still they would mentioned the story as soon as when it happen.

I am not saying that it didn't happen I hope it isn't true but a lot of other people such as other news outlets are taking as a rumor until the official word comes out. Even some hip-hop message boards believing the story is a sham.

Also I thought here real name is Lumidee Cedeno? And they added Gloria Velez in the mix too and the story that sound like 2004 when Gloria was under investigation for drugs. Why would Gloria risked getting in trouble again especially things look promising in her career? Also the article was wrong when it said Gloria was arrested in 2004 and she was never arrested she was just brought in questioning.


I heard false stories such as the Serena remarks about black men and also about the death of Christopher Williams and people bought that as true until their camps confirmed it is false. So therefore even on the internet trolls makes up false stories about celebrities tried to get shit started. And that article above looks more like amateurish journalism.
[Edited 12/3/05 10:34am]


This story has been discounted on several sites including allhiphop.com. It ain't true...
Reply #8 posted 12/03/05 11:35am

lilgish

murph said:



This story has been discounted on several sites including allhiphop.com. It ain't true...


who would make up some shit like that?
Reply #9 posted 12/03/05 12:07pm

dewalliz

murph said:

dewalliz said:

i don't see where the news source comes from the article.

I also tried to find a more reliable source but I don't find it. Is it weird that other like MTV, BET, and others not mention the story, and I know Lumidee isn't very famous but still they would mentioned the story as soon as when it happen.

I am not saying that it didn't happen I hope it isn't true but a lot of other people such as other news outlets are taking as a rumor until the official word comes out. Even some hip-hop message boards believing the story is a sham.

Also I thought here real name is Lumidee Cedeno? And they added Gloria Velez in the mix too and the story that sound like 2004 when Gloria was under investigation for drugs. Why would Gloria risked getting in trouble again especially things look promising in her career? Also the article was wrong when it said Gloria was arrested in 2004 and she was never arrested she was just brought in questioning.


I heard false stories such as the Serena remarks about black men and also about the death of Christopher Williams and people bought that as true until their camps confirmed it is false. So therefore even on the internet trolls makes up false stories about celebrities tried to get shit started. And that article above looks more like amateurish journalism.
[Edited 12/3/05 10:34am]


This story has been discounted on several sites including allhiphop.com. It ain't true...


Figures
rolleyes

I couldn't see the story being true.
Reply #10 posted 12/03/05 2:43pm

dirtyman2005

Uh-oh.


damn!

beat me to it!

classic quote!

ought to be framed!

Oh oh! oh oh!
Reply #11 posted 12/03/05 2:44pm

dirtyman2005

hope this aint true anywhere

lumidee is nice

she a nice little girl who i like to take to the movies one day

very charming young woman razz
Reply #12 posted 12/03/05 4:04pm

VinnyM27

murph said:

dewalliz said:

i don't see where the news source comes from the article.

I also tried to find a more reliable source but I don't find it. Is it weird that other like MTV, BET, and others not mention the story, and I know Lumidee isn't very famous but still they would mentioned the story as soon as when it happen.

I am not saying that it didn't happen I hope it isn't true but a lot of other people such as other news outlets are taking as a rumor until the official word comes out. Even some hip-hop message boards believing the story is a sham.

Also I thought here real name is Lumidee Cedeno? And they added Gloria Velez in the mix too and the story that sound like 2004 when Gloria was under investigation for drugs. Why would Gloria risked getting in trouble again especially things look promising in her career? Also the article was wrong when it said Gloria was arrested in 2004 and she was never arrested she was just brought in questioning.


I heard false stories such as the Serena remarks about black men and also about the death of Christopher Williams and people bought that as true until their camps confirmed it is false. So therefore even on the internet trolls makes up false stories about celebrities tried to get shit started. And that article above looks more like amateurish journalism.
[Edited 12/3/05 10:34am]


This story has been discounted on several sites including allhiphop.com. It ain't true...


Ok, so it didn't happen but if it did, my question is why is it surprising that MTV and others did not report on this? It's not like Lumidee is that big anymore...she's not even on the radar. I mean, for her to make the news, she'd have to be a terrorist!
Reply #13 posted 12/03/05 4:06pm

VinnyM27

dirtyman2005 said:

hope this aint true anywhere

lumidee is nice

she a nice little girl who i like to take to the movies one day

very charming young woman razz

If you're hoping for a Lumidee comeback, then ..uh-oh.

I liked the song and never understood the really vicious attacks on her and the song when it came out on this board.
Reply #14 posted 12/03/05 5:40pm

NuPwr319

eek
To MJ: "You Rock My World, You Know You Did. . ."

My Band: www.musiquenoire.com and www.myspace.com/musiquenoireband
CD ON SALE: www.cdbaby.com/cd/musiquenoire
Reply #15 posted 12/03/05 5:42pm

NuPwr319

NuPwr319 said:

eek


Oh, never mind. . .
boxed
To MJ: "You Rock My World, You Know You Did. . ."

My Band: www.musiquenoire.com and www.myspace.com/musiquenoireband
CD ON SALE: www.cdbaby.com/cd/musiquenoire

URL: http://prince.org/msg/8/169352

Date printed: Tue 25th Nov 2014 4:13pm PST