independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 20th May 2019 8:33am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince: The Beautiful Ones available October 29th!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 7 of 7 <1234567

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #180 posted 05/01/19 10:00am

CalhounSq

avatar

luv4u said:



CalhounSq said:


I can’t wait to read it, but dammit that font/color/design is underwhelming confused


wave


Hey Luv!! biggrin wave
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #181 posted 05/01/19 3:42pm

greyhoodiegirl

avatar

amazing
Can’t believe it..
[Edited 5/1/19 15:43pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #182 posted 05/01/19 8:50pm

benni

avatar




Decided to play around with it.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #183 posted 05/11/19 5:15am

margi

luv4u said:



banishedones666 said:


That cover has to be a fake. My 6 year old niece could have made a better cover lol. No cover listed on amazon so I believe info is real but that cover photo is trash.



I was hoping it would look something like this.


8a71c87474ffdfdd78bebe698dc394b1.jpg


0b340613aead565a5065cbb2e4719a71--abaya-

b824022af91bbd0e1db7ead94df22175.jpg


47815d58404297f3add5007fc89ca3e7--old-sc



The Prince we know would have chosen the cover himself. He wants you to know where he came from and what he did to become Prince. Remember he did it all himself through hard work, creating something and someone the world had never seen and he lived his creation 24/7.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #184 posted 05/11/19 6:51am

violetcrush

margi said:

luv4u said:



banishedones666 said:


That cover has to be a fake. My 6 year old niece could have made a better cover lol. No cover listed on amazon so I believe info is real but that cover photo is trash.



I was hoping it would look something like this.


8a71c87474ffdfdd78bebe698dc394b1.jpg


0b340613aead565a5065cbb2e4719a71--abaya-

b824022af91bbd0e1db7ead94df22175.jpg


47815d58404297f3add5007fc89ca3e7--old-sc



The Prince we know would have chosen the cover himself. He wants you to know where he came from and what he did to become Prince. Remember he did it all himself through hard work, creating something and someone the world had never seen and he lived his creation 24/7.

The drive, determination and musical skills were his. However, as we’ve learned over the years, he had many who helped him climb that ladder, and many who inspired his songwriting. So, in truth he didn’t do it all by himself. He was smart enough to find and surround himself with the right people in his early years and through his climb to rock star status.
*
I agree with most on this thread - the cover is perfect, especially to connect with his own words about his childhood, which is as far as he got before he passed. We’ve all seen hundreds of the professional shots. It’s so nice to see a vintage “real” picture of him that we haven’t seen before. I hope there are more in the book.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #185 posted 05/11/19 1:48pm

laytonian

violetcrush said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

I've seen it before.

Yes, I have as well, as I'm sure most serious fans have. No need to "toot-toot" that chocolatebox horn of yours lol

At least they didn't put in one of those annoying gigantic one-word emojis.
We should be thankfui for that.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #186 posted 05/11/19 1:59pm

laytonian

Kares said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

I seriously doubt it, Chris Moon was trying to sell the rights to 'Soft & Wet' which is part that album. I doubt he could do that if WBR owns the licensing of it.

.

Chris Moon does not own the rights to the master recording. He owns half of the publishing rights. Those are two different things.
(Just checked the song's publishing info in Universal's database: it still lists Prince and C.Moon so it looks like Moon's share wasn't sold after all.)

.

And just to be clear: Warners does not "own" the licensing. The masters (and their licensing rights) are owned by the Estate, and they have licensed the WB-era masters back to Warners for certain time periods (mostly until 2021). Probably that's what you meant too, just wanted to make sure it's clear for others as well.

[Edited 4/23/19 14:06pm]

Warner Brothers owns the rights of the five soundtracks in perpetuity.
That's why Lonnie's $31 million deal fell apart. Universal realized they weren't getting everything.

"[Prince's] 2014 deal with Warner, had different terms for certain albums, making it incredibly complex: Warner retained the rights to soundtrack albums to Warner Bros. films — including Prince’s biggest-selling albums Purple Rain, Parade, and Batman – in perpetuity."

https://www.independent.c...84876.html

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #187 posted 05/11/19 2:03pm

violetcrush

laytonian said:



violetcrush said:




ChocolateBox3121 said:


I've seen it before.




Yes, I have as well, as I'm sure most serious fans have. No need to "toot-toot" that chocolatebox horn of yours lol




At least they didn't put in one of those annoying gigantic one-word emojis.
We should be thankfui for that.


Just got one of those on another thread - her specialty biggrin razz
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #188 posted 05/11/19 2:27pm

poppys

violetcrush said:

laytonian said:

At least they didn't put in one of those annoying gigantic one-word emojis.
We should be thankfui for that.

Just got one of those on another thread - her specialty biggrin razz


Except she's a guy.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #189 posted 05/11/19 2:58pm

violetcrush

poppys said:



violetcrush said:


laytonian said:



At least they didn't put in one of those annoying gigantic one-word emojis.
We should be thankfui for that.



Just got one of those on another thread - her specialty biggrin razz


Except she's a guy.


Wait...what??!!! ChocolateBox3121 is male??!!! eek Really???
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #190 posted 05/11/19 9:50pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

laytonian said:

violetcrush said:

Yes, I have as well, as I'm sure most serious fans have. No need to "toot-toot" that chocolatebox horn of yours lol

At least they didn't put in one of those annoying gigantic one-word emojis.
We should be thankfui for that.



lol lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #191 posted 05/11/19 10:36pm

Shockadelica9

So what do you guys think will be in the book, I know it will delve into his Ancestry
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #192 posted 05/12/19 5:23am

violetcrush

Shockadelica9 said:

So what do you guys think will be in the book, I know it will delve into his Ancestry

I think, based on the “teaser”, Prince’s contribution will be more creative prose than standard Auto-Biography style writing, and may be more cryptic in nature. It would be great if there is a “Family Tree” graphic included with pictures of some of his relatives. Hoping he gives more insight into his childhood. He gave some tidbits on the P&M tour and in past interviews, but more would be good.
*
I don’t have high expectations for the parts not written by Prince, as I think it will be more of the same that we’ve seen in other Biographies - unless there is information from key people who have not contributed stories in the past, and/or if there are never before seen pictures.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 7 of 7 <1234567
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince: The Beautiful Ones available October 29th!