independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 23rd Mar 2019 1:23pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Song titles with colour in the title
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/06/19 4:47pm

FrankieCoco1

Song titles with colour in the title

I was driving home tonight and Pink Cashmere came on my music player. It got me thinking if Prince had a song with colour in the title for each colour in the rainbow and how big the playlist would be. Well here’s my attempt at compiling them all, in rainbow order plus the white, black and brown ones. If I’ve missed any, make sure to let us all know.

Little red corvette
Red headed stepchild
Red scarlet
Scarlet pussy
Crimson and clover
Cherry, cherry
Under the cherry moon
Strawberry lover
Peach
Tangerine
Amber Eyes
Lemon crush
Cream
Underneath the cream
Milk and honey
Whispering dandelions
Yellow
Yellow gold
Gold
Golden parachute
The gold standard
Goldnigga
Goldie’s parade
Jadestone
Blues In C (If I had a harem)
Blues In G
Blue boy
Blue love
Blue light
Get blue
Blue limousine
Love on a blue train
Computer blue
So blue
Misty blue
Pink cashmere
Raspberry beret
Indigo nights
Violet the organ grinder
Violet blue
Purple medley
Purple and Gold
Purple house
Purple music
Purple rain

Silver tongue
White Mansion
Whitecaps
Chocolate
Chocolate box
Starfish and coffee
Cold coffee and cocaine
Cinnamon girl
Shades of umber
Black MF in the house
Black sweat
Donald Trump (black version)
Black muse

Color
Rainbow children
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/06/19 5:50pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar


Walk in Sand (if we're listing things like cream as a color) and based off that...

Cloreen Bacon Skin (the latter two could be colors - as a stretch)

Daisy Chain

Diamonds and Pearls (pearl is a color and a KitchenAid mixer finish)

Hide the Bone (bone is a color)

Pearls B4 The Swine

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/06/19 7:52pm

databank

avatar

Remember those color-themed bootlegs circa 93-95? Yellow, Blue, Red and Platinum (did I forget any?). I remember a friend buying Yellow when released and those awfully sounding demos were the coolest thing in the universe for a week biggrin

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/06/19 11:32pm

JorisE73

databank said:

Remember those color-themed bootlegs circa 93-95? Yellow, Blue, Red and Platinum (did I forget any?). I remember a friend buying Yellow when released and those awfully sounding demos were the coolest thing in the universe for a week biggrin


lol Red was the first CD bootleg I ever bought. All the Graffiti Bridge outtakes on it were awesome!

Before that I only bought vinyl boots and traded tapes with people who religiously bought every single CD boot back then.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/07/19 12:08am

FrankieCoco1

TrivialPursuit said:


Walk in Sand (if we're listing things like cream as a color) and based off that...


Cloreen Bacon Skin (the latter two could be colors - as a stretch)


Daisy Chain


Diamonds and Pearls (pearl is a color and a KitchenAid mixer finish)


Hide the Bone (bone is a color)


Pearls B4 The Swine




Did wonder about Cloreen bacon skin and thought it was pushing it 🐷😀
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/07/19 1:14am

databank

avatar

JorisE73 said:

databank said:

Remember those color-themed bootlegs circa 93-95? Yellow, Blue, Red and Platinum (did I forget any?). I remember a friend buying Yellow when released and those awfully sounding demos were the coolest thing in the universe for a week biggrin


lol Red was the first CD bootleg I ever bought. All the Graffiti Bridge outtakes on it were awesome!

Before that I only bought vinyl boots and traded tapes with people who religiously bought every single CD boot back then.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Artist-Formerly-Known-As-Prince-Red/release/1016067

I had it, too biggrin

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/07/19 4:51pm

SquirrelMeat

avatar

databank said:

Remember those color-themed bootlegs circa 93-95? Yellow, Blue, Red and Platinum (did I forget any?). I remember a friend buying Yellow when released and those awfully sounding demos were the coolest thing in the universe for a week biggrin



I loved Yellow at the time! Blue and Red were a bit of a let down.


When 'Platinum' came out, I literally wet myself.

.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/07/19 5:21pm

poppys

C'mon, skin is not "a" color.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/07/19 5:30pm

SquirrelMeat

avatar

poppys said:

C'mon, skin is not "a" color.


White, black, Puerto Rican, everybody's just a freakin'!

.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/07/19 6:12pm

poppys

SquirrelMeat said:

poppys said:

C'mon, skin is not "a" color.


White, black, Puerto Rican, everybody's just a freakin'!


uh huh - uh huh uh huh

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/07/19 7:14pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

poppys said:

C'mon, skin is not "a" color.


Yeah, yeah, and honestly if it were, it'd be creepy as fuck.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/08/19 5:13am

deanm

Yes, paid a fortune for them back then, but still have them . Open to offers!! Joking, wouldn't part with my Cd's ! Vinyl however ?

databank said:

Remember those color-themed bootlegs circa 93-95? Yellow, Blue, Red and Platinum (did I forget any?). I remember a friend buying Yellow when released and those awfully sounding demos were the coolest thing in the universe for a week biggrin

[Edited 2/8/19 5:14am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/08/19 4:08pm

FrankieCoco1

SquirrelMeat said:



poppys said:


C'mon, skin is not "a" color.




White, black, Puerto Rican, everybody's just a freakin'!



Trivialpursuit did say “colors”; this website for tights illustrates that skin can be lots of different ones

https://www.tightstightst...tights-c31
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/08/19 7:49pm

poppys

FrankieCoco1 said:

SquirrelMeat said:


White, black, Puerto Rican, everybody's just a freakin'!


Trivialpursuit did say “colors”; this website for tights illustrates that skin can be lots of different ones https://www.tightstightst...tights-c31


This is what Trivial said: Cloreen Bacon Skin (the latter two could be colors - as a stretch)

He was using the plural because I guess he thought bacon might be a color, IDK, but I have never heard bacon used as a color.

Further down he said it would be creepy IF skin were a color.

FYI - flesh is not a color either. My mom was an elementary school art teacher when I was a kid in the 60s. She ripped the paper wrapping off all the Crayola Crayons marked "flesh" so her students would not identify that as the only "skin" color. I learned that one when I was about 3 yrs old helping her. She called it peach. They finally changed the name in the 80s-ish. Now they say they did it in 1962 but that isn't true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/...h_crayons/

I'd say the upshot of all this is that FrankieCoco1 did a damn good job on his list because even Trivial can't find any more colors. I also like the way he did it in rainbow order, nice touch. rainbow

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/08/19 10:05pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

The shit y'all fuss over is astounding.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/09/19 1:07am

erik319

avatar

SquirrelMeat said:



When 'Platinum' came out, I literally wet myself.



Literally?
blah blah blah
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/09/19 6:49am

poppys

TrivialPursuit said:

The shit y'all fuss over is astounding.


Don't know who you mean by y'all but you are never a stranger to trifling. Pot scolds kettle.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/09/19 6:53am

poppys

FrankieCoco1 said:

I was driving home tonight and Pink Cashmere came on my music player. It got me thinking if Prince had a song with colour in the title for each colour in the rainbow and how big the playlist would be. Well here’s my attempt at compiling them all, in rainbow order plus the white, black and brown ones. If I’ve missed any, make sure to let us all know. Little red corvette Red headed stepchild Red scarlet Scarlet pussy Crimson and clover Cherry, cherry Under the cherry moon Strawberry lover Peach Tangerine Amber Eyes Lemon crush Cream Underneath the cream Milk and honey Whispering dandelions Yellow Yellow gold Gold Golden parachute The gold standard Goldnigga Goldie’s parade Jadestone Blues In C (If I had a harem) Blues In G Blue boy Blue love Blue light Get blue Blue limousine Love on a blue train Computer blue So blue Misty blue Pink cashmere Raspberry beret Indigo nights Violet the organ grinder Violet blue Purple medley Purple and Gold Purple house Purple music Purple rain Silver tongue White Mansion Whitecaps Chocolate Chocolate box Starfish and coffee Cold coffee and cocaine Cinnamon girl Shades of umber Black MF in the house Black sweat Donald Trump (black version) Black muse Color Rainbow children


heart your list FrankieCoco1. Noticed his favorite color, orange, is missing, lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 02/10/19 1:37am

FrankieCoco1

I noticed that about orange too when doing the list, albeit Tangerine does cover it. Green was nearly missing completely, except for Jadestone, and if you count clover in Crimson and Clover. Green is obviously mentioned in Partyman though:

All hail, the new king in town
Young and old, gather 'round (yeah)
Black and white, red and GREEN (funky)
The funkiest man you've ever seen
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 02/10/19 8:35am

poppys

FrankieCoco1 said:

I noticed that about orange too when doing the list, albeit Tangerine does cover it. Green was nearly missing completely, except for Jadestone, and if you count clover in Crimson and Clover. Green is obviously mentioned in Partyman though: All hail, the new king in town Young and old, gather 'round (yeah) Black and white, red and GREEN (funky) The funkiest man you've ever seen

Green does rhyme with seen pretty darn well. cool

I studied color healing years ago. The color numerology for Prince's name is interesting.

1 Red ajs, 2 Orange bkt, 3 Yellow clu, 4 Green dmv, 5 Blue enw, 6 Indigo fox, 7 Violet gpy, 8 Opal hqz, 9 Carmine ir

P-7

R-9

I -9

N-5
C-3

E-5

R-9

O-6

G-7

E-5

R-9

S-1

N-5

E-5

L-3

S-1

O-6

N-5

Total is 100, 1+0+0 =1. Life path is 1, strength (force) of will - leader. Color is red.

This is a very basic outline. There is significance to how many of each number a name contains - amplification. Each color has a body placement (mirrored in chakras) and personality characteristic, for instance Red represents will, Orange represents joy…

Edit - sorry for getting it wrong the first time. I did his a long time ago, I've got a lot of these and mixed it up with someone else. For those who think his middle name was Roger not Rogers, I used what was on his birth certificate. Also, Rogers is a name used in the south, where his peeps were from.

[Edited 2/10/19 9:28am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Song titles with colour in the title