independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 17th Oct 2018 6:53am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > NEWS : Prince's post 1995 catalog hits streaming services, including new 1995-2010 Anthology
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 7 of 13 « First<34567891011>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #180 posted 08/18/18 2:19am

Moonbeam

avatar

OK, someone has to do it, so it might as well be me. Let's see who can come up with the best 37-track Anthology tracklist. lol

Feel free to join in the Prince Album Poll 2018! Let'a celebrate his legacy by counting down the most beloved Prince albums, as decided by you!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #181 posted 08/18/18 2:47am

leecaldon

rogifan said:

OK, who approved this wording on iTunes? I thought these artists ‘about’ like pages were supposed to be fact based not full of personal opinions. mad https://itunes.apple.com/...1421530791 Few artists have created a body of work as rich and varied as Prince. During the '80s, he emerged as one of the most singular talents of the rock & roll era, capable of seamlessly tying together pop, funk, folk, and rock. Not only did he release a series of groundbreaking albums; he toured frequently, produced albums, wrote songs for many other artists, and recorded hundreds of songs that still lie unreleased in his vaults. With each album he released, Prince showed remarkable stylistic growth and musical diversity, constantly experimenting with different sounds, textures, and genres. Occasionally, his music was inconsistent, in part because of his eclecticism, but his experiments frequently succeeded; no other contemporary artist blended so many diverse styles into a cohesive whole. Prince's first two albums were solid, if unremarkable, late-'70s funk-pop. With 1980's Dirty Mind, he recorded his first masterpiece, a one-man tour de force of sex and music; it was hard funk, catchy Beatlesque melodies, sweet soul ballads, and rocking guitar pop, all at once. The follow-up, Controversy, was more of the same, but 1999 was brilliant. The album was a monster hit, selling over three million copies, but it was nothing compared to 1984's Purple Rain. Purple Rain made Prince a superstar; it eventually sold over ten million copies in the U.S. and spent 24 weeks at number one. Partially recorded with his touring band, the Revolution, the record featured the most pop-oriented music he has ever made. Instead of continuing in this accessible direction, he veered off into the bizarre psycho-psychedelia of Around the World in a Day, which nevertheless sold over two million copies. In 1986, he released the even stranger Parade, which was in its own way as ambitious and intricate as any art rock of the '60s; however, no art rock was ever grounded with a hit as brilliant as the spare funk of "Kiss." By 1987, Prince's ambitions were growing by leaps and bounds, resulting in the sprawling masterpiece Sign 'O' the Times. Prince was set to release the hard funk of The Black Album by the end of the year, but he withdrew it just before its release, deciding it was too dark and immoral. Instead, he released the confused Lovesexy in 1988, which was a commercial disaster. With the soundtrack to 1989's Batman he returned to the top of the charts, even if the album was essentially a recap of everything he had done before. The following year he released Graffiti Bridge (the sequel to Purple Rain), which turned out to be a considerable commercial disappointment. [Edited 8/17/18 13:51pm]

Those are all pretty reasonable assertions to make, and fairly mainstream thinking. The comment on Lovesexy would be the only questionable one for me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #182 posted 08/18/18 4:41am

Doozer

avatar

databank said:



Doozer said:




IstenSzek said:




the previous one is a bit more of a close up (same picture) and the colours are more pink/reddish.
also the prince is in the left bottom corner in the previous one. but they are very similar. i think i'm
liking this one more since the picture is beter resolution and the colours are a bit more real.





Previous artwork, for comparison:



6935b6c4423edeb8439454816752d119.512x512x1.jpg



This is bootleg art.

[Edited 8/18/18 1:05am]



Yes...yes you are right, databank.
Check out The Mountains and the Sea, a Prince podcast by yours truly and my wife. More info at https://www.facebook.com/TMATSPodcast/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #183 posted 08/18/18 4:45am

Doozer

avatar

ChocolateBox3121 said:



skywalker said:




Doozer said:


Listening to Anthology out of curiosity…

The end of The Work Pt. 1 includes what I'd consider the segue into or the beginning of "Everywhere" with the slowed-down-voice narration. Should've ended the song before that…really weird flow into "Call My Name" with that segue present.

I understand that the way TRC is tracked, that spoken word portion is in fact part of the end of The Work Pt. 1, but on the album, the flow is fine. As a single track on Anthology, it should've been handled differently IMHO.




On a similar note "Damn U" on prince ends with the intro to "Arrogance." Ugh. Who is responsible for this?



U people look to complain about EVERY SINGLE detail about EVERYTHING. My God! just listen to the song. Who cares about an intro or a segue..disbelief





It’s details like these that show the care and understanding of Prince’s catalog required to preserve his legacy. That’s why it matters.
Check out The Mountains and the Sea, a Prince podcast by yours truly and my wife. More info at https://www.facebook.com/TMATSPodcast/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #184 posted 08/18/18 5:22am

databank

avatar

Doozer said:

databank said:

This is bootleg art.

[Edited 8/18/18 1:05am]

Yes...yes you are right, databank.

Here is the Tidal artwork: https://www.discogs.com/P...se/7899073

The artwork on Princevault (and all derivatives such as the one you've posted) are said to have been made from the promo cassette artwork, but I was never able to find a picture of this cassette online.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #185 posted 08/18/18 5:42am

rogifan

leecaldon said:



rogifan said:


OK, who approved this wording on iTunes? I thought these artists ‘about’ like pages were supposed to be fact based not full of personal opinions. mad https://itunes.apple.com/...1421530791 Few artists have created a body of work as rich and varied as Prince. During the '80s, he emerged as one of the most singular talents of the rock & roll era, capable of seamlessly tying together pop, funk, folk, and rock. Not only did he release a series of groundbreaking albums; he toured frequently, produced albums, wrote songs for many other artists, and recorded hundreds of songs that still lie unreleased in his vaults. With each album he released, Prince showed remarkable stylistic growth and musical diversity, constantly experimenting with different sounds, textures, and genres. Occasionally, his music was inconsistent, in part because of his eclecticism, but his experiments frequently succeeded; no other contemporary artist blended so many diverse styles into a cohesive whole. Prince's first two albums were solid, if unremarkable, late-'70s funk-pop. With 1980's Dirty Mind, he recorded his first masterpiece, a one-man tour de force of sex and music; it was hard funk, catchy Beatlesque melodies, sweet soul ballads, and rocking guitar pop, all at once. The follow-up, Controversy, was more of the same, but 1999 was brilliant. The album was a monster hit, selling over three million copies, but it was nothing compared to 1984's Purple Rain. Purple Rain made Prince a superstar; it eventually sold over ten million copies in the U.S. and spent 24 weeks at number one. Partially recorded with his touring band, the Revolution, the record featured the most pop-oriented music he has ever made. Instead of continuing in this accessible direction, he veered off into the bizarre psycho-psychedelia of Around the World in a Day, which nevertheless sold over two million copies. In 1986, he released the even stranger Parade, which was in its own way as ambitious and intricate as any art rock of the '60s; however, no art rock was ever grounded with a hit as brilliant as the spare funk of "Kiss." By 1987, Prince's ambitions were growing by leaps and bounds, resulting in the sprawling masterpiece Sign 'O' the Times. Prince was set to release the hard funk of The Black Album by the end of the year, but he withdrew it just before its release, deciding it was too dark and immoral. Instead, he released the confused Lovesexy in 1988, which was a commercial disaster. With the soundtrack to 1989's Batman he returned to the top of the charts, even if the album was essentially a recap of everything he had done before. The following year he released Graffiti Bridge (the sequel to Purple Rain), which turned out to be a considerable commercial disappointment. [Edited 8/17/18 13:51pm]


Those are all pretty reasonable assertions to make, and fairly mainstream thinking. The comment on Lovesexy would be the only questionable one for me.


Im sorry but IMO these “notes” should be generic and not full of opinion. They shouldn’t include words like unremarkable or bizarre.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #186 posted 08/18/18 6:16am

rdhull

avatar

I see we have sand in our vaginas again.

And everytime I scratch my nails down someone else's back I hope you feel it.. WELL CAN YA FEEL IT?!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #187 posted 08/18/18 7:44am

Doozer

avatar

rdhull said:

I see we have sand in our vaginas again.


lol
Check out The Mountains and the Sea, a Prince podcast by yours truly and my wife. More info at https://www.facebook.com/TMATSPodcast/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #188 posted 08/18/18 7:55am

ChocolateBox31
21

Doozer said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

U people look to complain about EVERY SINGLE detail about EVERYTHING. My God! just listen to the song. Who cares about an intro or a segue..disbelief

It’s details like these that show the care and understanding of Prince’s catalog required to preserve his legacy. That’s why it matters.

Although Prince(R.I.P.), was VERY meticulous about the sequencing of his almost FORTY mAsTeRPiEcEs of albums, that he accomplished in a VERY short lifetime. More than ANY other artist in the history of muziq. As long as the casual & newer fans are streaming his vast catalog of after WBR years of recordings(My favorite time period) it doesnt really matter how HORRIBLY Sony is compiling the tracks together. At least they're out there now.

But I'm VERY impressed that U care about Prince's(RI.P.) legacy.At least somebody does.

So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal & got it, fought 4 a movie deal & got it, fought 4 freedom from his WB contract & got it, fought 4 his masters & got them.Gets a curable illness & says 2 himself ok, I'm done. "Life is a Box Of Chocolates"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #189 posted 08/18/18 7:57am

Mintchip

avatar

I happy these albums are out there. It feels right.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #190 posted 08/18/18 8:04am

Doozer

avatar

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Doozer said:

ChocolateBox3121 said: It’s details like these that show the care and understanding of Prince’s catalog required to preserve his legacy. That’s why it matters.

Although Prince(R.I.P.), was VERY meticulous about the sequencing of his almost FORTY mAsTeRPiEcEs of albums, that he accomplished in a VERY short lifetime. More than ANY other artist in the history of muziq. As long as the casual & newer fans are streaming his vast catalog of after WBR years of recordings(My favorite time period) it doesnt really matter how HORRIBLY Sony is compiling the tracks together. At least they're out there now.

But I'm VERY impressed that U care about Prince's(RI.P.) legacy.At least somebody does.



I agree, and I don't have a problem with "Anthology" being a gateway for new fans to discover the second half of Prince's career, and certainly love the fact that the full albums themselves are now widely available. His talent was immense and far reaching, so no one should be surprised that the small details in his work mean a great deal to a great many.

Check out The Mountains and the Sea, a Prince podcast by yours truly and my wife. More info at https://www.facebook.com/TMATSPodcast/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #191 posted 08/18/18 8:13am

rdhull

avatar

Don’t let the so called “poor excuse” ANTHOLOGY ( its not, it’s fine)spoil the pleasure of many of the previously unavailable releases now being available. I mean a lot of the NPGMC exclusives are now here for everyone to fill in their gaps etc. Some of this material was hard to come by. And now practically his whole catalogue is now out there for new fans to discover like everyone bitched about. So what’s the problem? Y’all shoes on too tight or somethin?!
And everytime I scratch my nails down someone else's back I hope you feel it.. WELL CAN YA FEEL IT?!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #192 posted 08/18/18 9:05am

SkipperLove

I don't agree with some of the songs on the Anthology..Some I find to be really weird choices..BUT THAT ALL BEING SAID, I am glad they were thoughtful enough to do an anthology...This might cheer some orgers up --Rolling Stone just recommended streaming the anthology on their site. It is included as an editor's pick...and they don't call it the best of his later years but rather a "primer" and a jumping off point.

https://www.rollingstone....de-712626/

Prince, Anthology 1995-2010
This primer for today’s deluge of Prince reissues — 23 albums from his post-Warner period through 2010, including some he self-distributed through his own NPG Music Club — is lovingly put together, its 37 tracks including the riotously raunchy “P Control,” the spiny workout “Black Sweat,” the guitar workout “Shhh,” the fuzzed-out title track to 1996’s Chaos and Disorder and the lushly existential ballad “Gold.” Use it as a jumping-off point for further study of Prince’s DIY years — or just for getting down. Maura Johnston
Read Our Feature: The Prince Estate’s Big...rple Reign
Listen: Amazon Music Unlimited | Apple Music | Spotify | Tidal

rdhull said:

Don’t let the so called “poor excuse” ANTHOLOGY ( its not, it’s fine)spoil the pleasure of many of the previously unavailable releases now being available. I mean a lot of the NPGMC exclusives are now here for everyone to fill in their gaps etc. Some of this material was hard to come by. And now practically his whole catalogue is now out there for new fans to discover like everyone bitched about. So what’s the problem? Y’all shoes on too tight or somethin?!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #193 posted 08/18/18 9:16am

djThunderfunk

avatar

ChocolateBox3121 said:

skywalker said:

On a similar note "Damn U" on prince ends with the intro to "Arrogance." Ugh. Who is responsible for this?

U people look to complain about EVERY SINGLE detail about EVERYTHING. My God! just listen to the song. Who cares about an intro or a segue..disbelief


"Who cares"? Anybody that is listening to this playlist, ahem "anthology", who desires a well sequenced collection that flows, that's who. wink

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #194 posted 08/18/18 10:02am

206Michelle

On Tidal, there is Emancipation, 3121, Musicology, and more! I’m a freaking kid in a candy store!!! woot! drool dancing jig
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #195 posted 08/18/18 10:02am

206Michelle

TwiliteKid said:



Militant said:




Nice cover! What's the tracklist? I use Apple Music and they don't have it yet.


The cover is fantastic!
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #196 posted 08/18/18 10:13am

206Michelle

dustoff said:

Tracklist:



1. Emancipation


2. Black Sweat


3. P. Control


4. Crucial


5. The Love We Make


6. Eye Hate U


7. The Greatest Romance Ever Sold


8. Eye Love U, But Eye Don't Trust U Anymore


9. Gold


10. Guitar


11. Dream Factory


12. The Work Pt. 1


13. Call My Name


14. Strays of the World


15. Shhh


16. Dreamer


17. Chaos and Disorder


18. Endorphinmachine


19. Musicology


20. Northside


21. When Eye Lay My Hands on U


22. Beautiful Strange


23. Future Soul Song


24. Empty Room (Live)


25. 3rd Eye


26. U're Gonna C Me


27. Dinner with Delores


28. Ol' Skool Company


29. 4ever


30. West


31. Xpedition


32. Muse 2 the Pharaoh


33. Somewhere Here on Earth


34. U Make My Sun Shine


35. 1+1+1 is 3


36. Chelsea Rogers


37. We March


I don’t want to sound like I’m bitching, but why wasn’t the anthology 1994 to 2010? Dark and The Most Beautiful Girl in the World should be on this anthology.
.
For the most part, I think the tracks selected are good. But Colonized Mind needs to be on here because it is a masterful track. Also, where is Future Baby Mama; He won a Grammy for that song.
.
Also, why does the album stop at 2010?
[Edited 8/18/18 13:39pm]
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #197 posted 08/18/18 10:16am

206Michelle

jaawwnn said:

Well, silly anthology aside it's great to be getting these albums on streaming services that people actually use.

I notice The Most Beautiful Girl isn't on the compilation, that song just refuses to be made available.

[Edited 8/16/18 13:53pm]


TMBGITW was available on Tidal until about a month ago, but now, it still appears on TGE’s tracklist, but I cannot stream TMBGITW.
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #198 posted 08/18/18 10:19am

lastdecember

avatar

It’s very interesting that Hit N Run phase one is only a purchase choice and the only one not available to stream. Wonder why, or if they just forgot it.

"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #199 posted 08/18/18 10:23am

rogifan

206Michelle said:[quote]

dustoff said:



I don’t want to sound like I’m bitching, but why wasn’t the anthology 1994 to 2010? Dark and The Most Beautiful Girl in the World should be on this anthology. I know that TMBGITW was on the 4ever compilation.
.
For the most part, I think the tracks selected are good. But Colonized Mind needs to be on here because it is a masterful track. Also, where is Future Baby Mama; He won a Grammy for that song.
.
Also, why does the album stop at 2010?

Yeah I don’t know why it stops at 2010. Also I Like It There should be on here. He played it quite a bit live in the later years.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #200 posted 08/18/18 10:28am

206Michelle

lust said:

Whilst there’s a couple of tracks which I think are odd inclusions, the curator has done a great job. They included The Love We Make for starters. Very nice little intro to Prince’s later work. It’s an easy way for the masses to dip their toes in. Long overdue.

I agree with you! It’s a great way to introduce casual fans to his later material!
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #201 posted 08/18/18 10:29am

206Michelle

lust said:

As The Hits/B sides goes to 1993 and Anthology starts
from 1995 it means that Prince’s Come has slipped through the cracks!

I thought the same thing. Dark is the best song on Clme and was worthy of being on this anthology release.
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #202 posted 08/18/18 10:30am

lastdecember

avatar

206Michelle said:

dustoff said:

Tracklist:



1. Emancipation


2. Black Sweat


3. P. Control


4. Crucial


5. The Love We Make


6. Eye Hate U


7. The Greatest Romance Ever Sold


8. Eye Love U, But Eye Don't Trust U Anymore


9. Gold


10. Guitar


11. Dream Factory


12. The Work Pt. 1


13. Call My Name


14. Strays of the World


15. Shhh


16. Dreamer


17. Chaos and Disorder


18. Endorphinmachine


19. Musicology


20. Northside


21. When Eye Lay My Hands on U


22. Beautiful Strange


23. Future Soul Song


24. Empty Room (Live)


25. 3rd Eye


26. U're Gonna C Me


27. Dinner with Delores


28. Ol' Skool Company


29. 4ever


30. West


31. Xpedition


32. Muse 2 the Pharaoh


33. Somewhere Here on Earth


34. U Make My Sun Shine


35. 1+1+1 is 3


36. Chelsea Rogers


37. We March


I don’t want to sound like I’m bitching, but why wasn’t the anthology 1994 to 2010? Dark and The Most Beautiful Girl in the World should be on this anthology. I know that TMBGITW was on the 4ever compilation.
.
For the most part, I think the tracks selected are good. But Colonized Mind needs to be on here because it is a masterful track. Also, where is Future Baby Mama; He won a Grammy for that song.
.
Also, why does the album stop at 2010?


They wanted to compile what they were releasing that was not on their platform before. iTunes is selling things from the later years, AOA, Hit n Run phases are all for sale and have been. It doesn’t start at 1994 because COME is for sale and has been and the issues with TMBGITW legal battles and where it can be sold and streamed is the issue and why you don’t see it.

"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #203 posted 08/18/18 10:31am

206Michelle

Also, The One and The Holy River should be on 1995-2010 Anthology.
[Edited 8/18/18 10:33am]
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #204 posted 08/18/18 10:57am

EnDoRpHn

I've used this extract from The Truth album promo artwork that circulated widely back in 1997 as the image art for audio files on my PC. It's much closer in contrast and tone to the original circulating imagery than the lighter image posted earlier in this thread.

Prince - The Truth cover art (extract)

The higher-resolution file that I extracted this from is on an older drive somewhere, I'll have to dig it up later.

databank said:

Doozer said:

databank said: Yes...yes you are right, databank.

Here is the Tidal artwork: https://www.discogs.com/P...se/7899073

The artwork on Princevault (and all derivatives such as the one you've posted) are said to have been made from the promo cassette artwork, but I was never able to find a picture of this cassette online.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #205 posted 08/18/18 11:17am

206Michelle

databank said:



Doozer said:


databank said:


This is bootleg art.


[Edited 8/18/18 1:05am]



Yes...yes you are right, databank.

Here is the Tidal artwork: https://www.discogs.com/P...se/7899073


The artwork on Princevault (and all derivatives such as the one you've posted) are said to have been made from the promo cassette artwork, but I was never able to find a picture of this cassette online.


The Truth has been on Tidal ever since I joined, which was at least a year ago. The version released yesterday has a slightly different cover but the same tracklist.
.
I had every Prince prince downloaded on my phone so I can say for a fact that these albums from 1995 to 2010 were already on Tidal:
-MPLSoUND was previously disc 2 of Lotusflow3r on Tidal.
-The Gold Experience
-20Ten
-Lotusflow3r
-Indigo Nights
-Planet Earth
-The Slaughterhouse
-C Note
-The Chocolate Invasion
-N.E.W.S
-XPECTATION
-The Rainbow Children
-Rave In2 the Joy Fantastic (remixes)
-The Truth
-The Vault Old Friends 4 Sale
NPG records was the label except for TVOF4S which is NPG and Warner Brothers.
.
Also available under the artist The New Power Generation for the past year were Exodus and Newpower Soul.
.

Not sure about One Nite Alone. I downloaded it yesterday but I thought it was already on Tidal. Maybe when I downloaded it, the new version overwrote the previous copy?


The following albums were not available within the past year on Tidal until yesterday:
MPLSoUND (as separate album; tracks were listed as disc 2 of Lotusflow3r)
Musicology
Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic
Crystal Ball
Emancipation
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #206 posted 08/18/18 11:23am

206Michelle

lastdecember said:

It’s very interesting that Hit N Run phase one is only a purchase choice and the only one not available to stream. Wonder why, or if they just forgot it.

HNR 1 and 2 havé been available to stream on Tidal ever since I jouned about a year ago.
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #207 posted 08/18/18 11:26am

206Michelle

lastdecember said:

206Michelle said:


I don’t want to sound like I’m bitching, but why wasn’t the anthology 1994 to 2010? Dark and The Most Beautiful Girl in the World should be on this anthology. I know that TMBGITW was on the 4ever compilation.
.
For the most part, I think the tracks selected are good. But Colonized Mind needs to be on here because it is a masterful track. Also, where is Future Baby Mama; He won a Grammy for that song.
.
Also, why does the album stop at 2010?


They wanted to compile what they were releasing that was not on their platform before. iTunes is selling things from the later years, AOA, Hit n Run phases are all for sale and have been. It doesn’t start at 1994 because COME is for sale and has been and the issues with TMBGITW legal battles and where it can be sold and streamed is the issue and why you don’t see it.

I know that Come has been available to stream (although hard copies have not been available new. Is the Anthology going to be a physical release also?
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #208 posted 08/18/18 11:50am

206Michelle

rogifan said:[quote]

206Michelle said:

dustoff said:



I don’t want to sound like I’m bitching, but why wasn’t the anthology 1994 to 2010? Dark and The Most Beautiful Girl in the World should be on this anthology. I know that TMBGITW was on the 4ever compilation.
.
For the most part, I think the tracks selected are good. But Colonized Mind needs to be on here because it is a masterful track. Also, where is Future Baby Mama; He won a Grammy for that song.
.
Also, why does the album stop at 2010?

Yeah I don’t know why it stops at 2010. Also I Like It There should be on here. He played it quite a bit live in the later years.

I agree about I Like It There. I think it should replace Chaos and Disorder.
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #209 posted 08/18/18 12:09pm

206Michelle

MendesCity said:

WTF are they thinking starting the anthology with Emancipation?! A lot of folks will start this, and immediatly think "huh, guess I haven't been missing anything."



THOSE KIRKY J DRUMS, still so painful after all these years.

[Edited 8/17/18 15:23pm]


I hear you. Probably because Emancipation was his first independent album.
Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 7 of 13 « First<34567891011>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > NEWS : Prince's post 1995 catalog hits streaming services, including new 1995-2010 Anthology